AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-17, 16:04   Link #61
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I don't think anyone has said the anime is a total failure, but it could have been a lot better. There were many parts from the manga which I believe where far more interesting that anything the anime showed:

3. Better development when it came down to Ai not entering the swimming tournament
The only one that I agree with, is this one. The rest is not better but different.

I find the behavior of Junichi weird in the manga when he wants absolutely kiss Ai in the cheek. I don't like the way he treats her. In this case, he's not better than the one in the anime version. However, I like the manga version slightly better because he's less "stupid" than in the two first episode of the anime.

But in the third episode, I like the Junichi's anime version better.

Oh and Junichi's and Ai's design are better in the anime. And the fact that Ai is voiced by Yukana is also a great plus
Old 2010-10-17, 16:14   Link #62
wingman32x

I think that they messed the pool scene up pretty bad. Junichi's decision to jump in after her seemed random in the anime because there was none of the "Is it because of me?" thoughts. I also found his excuse in the anime to be quite lazy. To be fair though, this was due to the overall lack of focus on the swiming portion of the arc. The anime made up for it, however, by giving more development to the brother angle, which the manga kind of grazed over.

Junichi indeed got better in episode 3, a much needed bounce back after his idiocy in episode 2.
Old 2010-10-17, 16:41   Link #63
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I think that they messed the pool scene up pretty bad.
I don't agree. I don't find the pool scene bad and his decision to jump is not random. After all, he saw Nanasaki crying and running. That's why he jumped and stopped her. He wanted to be there for her. It was cool .
Old 2010-10-17, 17:07   Link #64
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I don't agree. I don't find the pool scene bad and his decision to jump is not random. After all, he saw Nanasaki crying and running. That's why he jumped and stopped her. He wanted to be there for her. It was cool .
Eh, I guess so. But I don't think the scene had much buildup compared to the manga. In my opinion, part of what made that scene so epic is what preceded it. You saw Ai's times slumping, and you see that both Ai and Junichi are worried about it. Junichi starts to wonder if he's a distraction, if he's hindering her performance. He's honestly worried about how she's doing in terms of her times.

Yeah, Ai offhandedly mentioned that her times were slumping, but it didn't seem to phaze Junichi at all. Again, most of this is because the condensed the entire conflict into 1 episode.
Old 2010-10-18, 05:50   Link #65
Used Can

Quote:
The rest is not better but different.
Indeed, the scenes on themselves are different - in addition, I never said they were better, all I said was that I found them more interesting. But I guess many people would agree they were much more entertaining than what the anime has showed, and all of them amounted to a relatively better build-up when compared to the anime. Thus, making the manga comparatively better.

Quote:
I find the behavior of Junichi weird in the manga when he wants absolutely kiss Ai in the cheek. I don't like the way he treats her.
Hmm... I know this comes down to personal perceptions, but how is asking for another kiss weird? I mean, she was teasing him like forever, and then when he finally did something to look cool in front of her (that wasn't his purpose, though, as he was genuinely trying to protect her), she kissed him as a reward (out of her own volition). I don't know you, but I'd have asked for another kiss myself.
Old 2010-10-18, 09:32   Link #66
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Eh, I guess so. But I don't think the scene had much buildup compared to the manga. In my opinion, part of what made that scene so epic is what preceded it. You saw Ai's times slumping, and you see that both Ai and Junichi are worried about it. Junichi starts to wonder if he's a distraction, if he's hindering her performance. He's honestly worried about how she's doing in terms of her times.

Yeah, Ai offhandedly mentioned that her times were slumping, but it didn't seem to phaze Junichi at all. Again, most of this is because the condensed the entire conflict into 1 episode.
I think we can all agree that Junichi kissing Ai while floating in the pool was amazingly hot, but the anime doesn't need her swimming slump as a plot point as much as the manga does. The anime has many more meetings between the two, and we get to see Ai's affection grow with every episode. The manga, on the other hand, has only two unique events: Junichi saving Ai from a dog, and Junichi confronting Ai about her swimming problems, and the second one is questionable.

While Junichi protecting Ai from a mad dog does score him some points, it cannot stand alone. If it does, then it doesn't really show that Ai loves Junichi but just what he did. As for Junichi's concerns for Ai's swimming, this has yet to be seen as exclusive to the manga, because the ep 16 preview showed that Junichi was definitely concerned.

Some may also bring up the several attempts where Junichi asks Ai for a kiss. However, kissing is not an act to raise affection, but a result of affection itself.
It's really not natural to expect kissing by itself to suddenly make Ai like Junichi more. There has to be events leading up to the kiss, like the pool scene in the manga or the swing scene in the anime. Just asking for a kiss out of nowhere like at lunch or in the shed in the manga does not work alone.
Old 2010-10-18, 09:45   Link #67
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
While Junichi protecting Ai from a mad dog does score him some points, it cannot stand alone. If it does, then it doesn't really show that Ai loves Junichi but just what he did. As for Junichi's concerns for Ai's swimming, this has yet to be seen as exclusive to the manga, because the ep 16 preview showed that Junichi was definitely concerned.
That doesn't make any sense at all in terms of timing. Why would he be concerned about her swimming AFTER the conflict was resolved? That doesn't make sense to me. He has no reason to at that point. Ai is already out of the tournament, he already jumped in after her, and it seems like Ai has gotten over it. Why worry at that point in time? It worked in the manga because the thought of him being a distraction actually entered his head.

I personally think it has more impact if he has those thoughts during her slump instead of thinking about it in retrospect.

You're right about the anime encounters though. They seemed a lot more natural and the anime had more than them. Look, I'm not some purist or anything. I openly concede that the anime handled some things better than the manga. However, I liked how the manga chose the swimming part as the central conflict of the arc. Thus I like the manga better. It's all a matter of personal opinion.

Last edited by wingman32x; 2010-10-18 at 10:08.
Old 2010-10-20, 17:25   Link #68
mark1246

To anyone that can answer this question, is the manga (love goes on) over? it been a couple of months since a new chapter came out and i want to know if it over. Please tell me and thank you
Old 2010-10-20, 17:50   Link #69
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
To anyone that can answer this question, is the manga (love goes on) over? it been a couple of months since a new chapter came out and i want to know if it over. Please tell me and thank you
At the end of chapter four it said to look forward to a new arc. So I assume it's continuing.

The manga comes out once every 2 months, so it should be out soon.

Last edited by wingman32x; 2010-10-21 at 15:49.
Old 2010-10-21, 13:05   Link #70
Used Can

There's an additional chapter, I believe, which hasn't been scanlated. Well, I wouldn't know what it was about, since I saw it in Chinese, but it was a rather weird chapter - yet quite entertaining, if you know what I mean.
Old 2010-10-26, 14:52   Link #71
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Just caught up on this, since Ai's arc ended, and I am a little disappointed. We could have gotten another chapter or two our of Ai's story here.
Old 2010-10-29, 16:20   Link #72
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just finished this one last night. I also agree that a few extra chapters of Ai's arc would have been a better fit - the end felt too rushed imo.

Other than that I enjoyed it!
Old 2011-06-15, 09:48   Link #73
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The 1st scan for Amagami - Love Goes On! - Haruka version is out!
Old 2011-11-25, 12:49   Link #74
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally read the 5th and final chapter of Amagami - Love Goes On! - Haruka version.
Spoiler for ch5:

And looks like there will be another Amagami - Love Goes On! manga with a another heroine.
Old 2011-11-28, 11:15   Link #75
Shadow5YA

That was some nice insight on Haruka that wasn't shown in the anime.

I hope Kamino Ryuya does Kaoru next.
Old 2011-11-28, 22:43   Link #76
GundamZZ
残念美人

There's one more reason for Haruka to reject guy, though it's kind minor. I wonder if they showed Ai's reason for distrusting guys.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2011-12-23, 01:45   Link #77
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for Amagami - Love Goes On! - Haruka version Omake:
Old 2011-12-25, 10:34   Link #78
Sumeragi
Banned

Hibiki in the Haruka arc seems a bit too mischievous compared to the game version. Or is it just my personal thought?
Old 2011-12-25, 19:07   Link #79
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Hibiki in the Haruka arc seems a bit too mischievous compared to the game version. Or is it just my personal thought?
Hibiki: "Just as planned"
Closed Thread

Tags
amagami, manga, romance, seinen