AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-30, 11:16   Link #31641
demino_hellsin
That one guy

no... I mean the whole thing is black and white. Lines are clearly drawn that the protags are goodguys and the badguys are jerks. And yet I feel myself sympathizing more with the badguys :|

and I don't watch deathnote
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 11:17   Link #31642
Eratas123

@ Greedy - Look at Vamp "I can regenerate mah brain and heart within seconds" Mc Crazypants. That can't be explained no matter how you look at it.

@ Senpai - I was planning to give Laura's kid a Daddy complex since Laura pretty much raised her kid like she was raised, so she doesn't really know much about the outside.

@ Demi - You should play Fallout New Vegas. For some reason, people want the skirt wearing, homophobic, healing drugs avoiding, crucifying, ravaging, luddite rapists to win. Either that or you're a psychopath, sorry but its the only explanation.
Old 2012-05-30, 11:19   Link #31643
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Greedy
What? It doesn't have to be super complex, all curing nanomachines.

Genetic engineering made it possible to convert living cell as replacement for that, at least by theory, given their advanced in that region? It probably no longer theoretical anymore.

And they can be powered by nutrition within human body. Sugar? Lactate Acid?

Hell, nowadays algae-based stem cell is used to regenerate skin 3 times faster, imagine if you can improve this technology.

@ Demi
I don't understand that kind of 'skewed' concept, sorry. No comment.
Old 2012-05-30, 11:36   Link #31644
greedyspectator

@Zero
I'm honestly not sure about genetic engineering, but most genetic engineering (at least what I know off, I think my knowledge in this area is vastly outdated) either use existing cells in the human body and simply modify them, or add new cells to them (the algae-based stem cells do this). As for nanomachines, well... cells are basically nanomachines. Our plates cells, despite having crippling specialization and using nutrients from a rich environment, still take some time to heal even a scratch. And in order for nanomachines to use nutrition from the human body, they need the tools necessary to break down sugar or lactate acid, as well as the tools to do whatever they are supposed to do after storing that energy. I find this rather unrealistic, to be honest. But hell, maybe in the future they'll find a solution to the energy problem. I don't know.
Old 2012-05-30, 11:39   Link #31645
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would it sound remotely reasonable if I said that there are no explicit scenes that give you a reason to hate the badguys other than implied crimes while the goodguys are written so richly and smartly that they seem omniscient?

then there's the whole karma retribution against the badguys though all they've done thus far is fail on-screen.
Old 2012-05-30, 11:39   Link #31646
greedyspectator

Going to sleep, guys. Night.
Old 2012-05-30, 11:41   Link #31647
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, when we're talking about nanomachines, it doesn't always have to be exactly 1 nanometer, most of the 'proposed' nanomachine can be as huge as 200 nm and even larger. So yes, I wholeheartedly agree with the post above.

@ Demi
No, it doesn't justify it.

In fact, it perfectly described common badfic element as far as I understand.

Protagonist composed of sues and villain that switch between incompetent and competent depending on plot, seriously?

Of course, that's my personal opinion. I can be wrong for all we know.

Going to sleep.
Old 2012-05-30, 11:44   Link #31648
Eratas123

@ Demi - That's a case of Informed Villainy. Anyway, what you're describing is an Acute case of Envy. Don't bother denying it since your description fits. The Bright Shining heroes tend to irk people since they think "Man, they're so damn perfect it's pissing me off!" and they think of ways to hurt them, make them seem more human and vulnerable. Once again, I point you to Fallout where a Famous singer set up a monstrous scheme to destroy a man's life and break his heart because he was happier than him.
Old 2012-05-31, 08:35   Link #31649
greedyspectator

I have a scene I drafted to explore Lukasz's (from my fanfic, Insurgency) personality. Tell me what you guys think. If there is any criticism you can offer, please state them.

Spoiler for Insurgency, possible scene:

So... what do you think?
Old 2012-05-31, 08:42   Link #31650
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Houki will fit this more. Otherwise, it was good overall.
Old 2012-05-31, 08:54   Link #31651
greedyspectator

@Zero
I agree. But I just don't think Houki will be able to hold up an intelligent conversation with Lukasz. So I chose the less idealistic (but idealistic nonetheless, if her heroic anime collection is any indication) but much smarter Kanzashi. I just think that... well, sound effects might not be the best indicator for intelligence there is.
Old 2012-05-31, 08:58   Link #31652
Eratas123

What's going on now?
Old 2012-05-31, 09:00   Link #31653
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Please read greedy's draft above.

S/N - Holy shit, why is my draft consist of OOC moments?
Old 2012-05-31, 09:04   Link #31654
Eratas123

God Complex villains are standard nowadays Most of the games I play tend to be about killing them.

@ Senpai - Did you watch the vid?
Old 2012-05-31, 09:08   Link #31655
greedyspectator

@Eratas:
Well, I admit that this draft was more author tract that anything. I'm really trying to prove that the heroes who want to protect their friends want to be God no less the God Complex Villains, because by wanting to protect their friends they, by extension, want to have Godlike powers.

Yeah, I know, horrible author tract. Just can't help it .
Old 2012-05-31, 09:13   Link #31656
Eratas123

Nah, I tend to show how getting hit multiple times and just taking it and senseless sacrifice in heroes as utterly stupid. Future Imperfect in particular since it shifts between comedy/incest and negative effects.

Anyway, since I believe in God, taking down God Complex villains is very satisfying for me to see.
Old 2012-05-31, 09:14   Link #31657
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I want to quote someone to counter that argument though

Every time someone cries out in prayer and I can't answer, I feel guilty about not being God.
-Rational!Harry, Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality

(Just joking)

And no, still unable to watch the vid. Maybe later.
Old 2012-05-31, 09:18   Link #31658
Eratas123

@ Senpai -

"Human beings aren't meant to be God. No amount of Modifications or upgrades can change that, and no machine will make you transcend beyond whatever preconceived notion you have."
Old 2012-05-31, 09:24   Link #31659
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Which is the reason of why I loathed "The Salvation War"

No offense, it's a very fine piece of literature and well researched in spite of it's premise, but still, seriously? What kind of God is not omniscient? Yahweh is a flesh and blood angeloid with relations to human now?

FYI, it's an epic tale about humans of 21 century refusing Armageddon and taking over hell and heaven using 21st century weaponry, BFG and nukes and all the gadgets, and made the demons baldricks and angels 'magical' power look downright silly.
Old 2012-05-31, 09:24   Link #31660
demino_hellsin
That one guy

that's why we decided not to give a f*ck

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest