Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-05, 16:00   Link #8001
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
To be honest I find the Easy8 an easy kill in most tanks they're pretty sluggish and gun is fairly poor.

Cromwells on the other hand can be downright dangerous at times they're so fast they can turn up anywhere, it's excellent flanker with a gun that can rip almost anything apart in no time.
True i never liked brawling a crommie. the easy 8 is more medium than the crommie. the crommie is more light than medium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Sounds good~

What is your time zone anyway? I never managed to figure it out.
he in the pst zone..... so u might not see him on weekdays until late est or weekends he is on most of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
It starts out that way (was the same for me) but once you get a real feel for it I think you'll enjoy it.

For me I played it like a light and I'd usually hovered behind the rest of the team supporting until I spotted an opening I could flank with.

Tonights season was a bit rough and MM is definitely going hard on the T49 and out of the 5-6 games I had with it none where same tiered but that said I still ended up with more wins than loses.

I also managed a couple of decent matches (and an awful one) in the chaffee and picked up a patrol duty medal for the first times in ages.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That aside I just bought the T28 so I can move up the Russian heavy line and man do I feel the pain of all those T28's I've slaughtered in the past. Its not a bad tank by any means but its so long and lightly armored its easy pickings to anyone with a bigger gun.
The t28 is more painful than the proto cuz the traverse rate sux so its a stationary td compared to the proto u get a turret and better options so its not so bad in the proto and the armor is mediocre. its about as fast as the matilda tho but 120 hurts like a b**ch when u can land a hit and reload isnt that bad either.

Q we may have our 3rd wingman if achi can join in.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-07-05 at 16:34.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 16:32   Link #8002
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

KT, I think drake was talking about the T-28 (tier 4 russki med) instead of the T28 (american TD).

So... who will play tonight? I need to platoon with the crusader for a while (I realized that is recieveing 130% credits)
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 16:33   Link #8003
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
On the bright side you already researched the best gun of the T-28. Still after you've gotten used to the tier 6 and 7 grinds the tier 4 grind seems like a joke.
Thats true I've almost gotten all of its modules already so the grind for the KV shouldn't take long at all, its an odd experience to fear hetzers again

Strigon thats correct.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 16:40   Link #8004
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
KT, I think drake was talking about the T-28 (tier 4 russki med) instead of the T28 (american TD).

So... who will play tonight? I need to platoon with the crusader for a while (I realized that is recieveing 130% credits)
Oh. well he said befoe t28 and are 3 different ones. same goes for the t34s. so unless stated otherwise the T28 and T34 are the american named tanks.

if u need me on main let me know. cuz im semi grind the 121 line on my alt acct.
Old 2013-07-05, 17:00   Link #8005
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I want to know something KT, are the chinese lights worth the trouble? I heard the Type T-34 is a sort of step backwards from the soviet T-34.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 17:25   Link #8006
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Oh. well he said befoe t28 and are 3 different ones. same goes for the t34s. so unless stated otherwise the T28 and T34 are the american named tanks.
Quote:
Quote:
That aside I just bought the T28 so I can move up the Russian heavy line

Still I appreciate the advice none the less =]

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 18:17   Link #8007
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
I want to know something KT, are the chinese lights worth the trouble? I heard the Type T-34 is a sort of step backwards from the soviet T-34.
the chinese light tanks until you get the WZs, it gets better, other than that, I think it was worth the time and effort to get past the Type T-34 and 59-16. when playing WZ light tanks, for tier 7 they get max tier 9 games, but you can pen alot of things when your on gold, if your not on gold you need flank and hit the sides or rear, tier 8, you can says its close to teh Type 59, but not quite, it maxes at 1050 hp, spd avgs around 50 - 60 kph, which takes prolly 2 -5 secs to reach optimal spds in it, if your not turning..... the guns on the WZs aren't too bad, 131's 100mm wit gold 241 pen and 250 dmg wit a reload of 7.61 secs or something under 8 secs, the last 85er on it get 4.8 secs with gold 200 dmg and 260 pen, the 132's last 100mm gets a reload about 1 sec shorter, same dmg and pen as the first one, the 85er gets a reload of 4.64 or 4.68 secs same dmg and pen.

So all in all it boils down to if you want to play a light tank other than the brit line and the germy line. to me, I think its worth it, way more than playin the dirty russian medium line. no offense I do have the T62A on full gold tho. I may venture down the russian IS 3 line or go british tea line XD the medium, idk if i want to do the amx heavy line, i do get kill alot by them tho, so its a maybe, never like frenchies. although i do like their french vanilla XD. (which has nothin to do wit tanks.)

Quote:

Still I appreciate the advice none the less =]
Thats the part were I got confused, i was thinking the american turretless td t28, then the sentence went on to russian line, plus i was reading from my phone so i didn't get a good look at it.

But anyways that T-28 before the KV-1 good tank while it lasts until you unlocked the KV-1, once you get the KV-1 thats where the trolling fun begins, cuz if you utilized the armor and sharp angles you can bounce shots and take hits while charging in, the down side is that you only get 2 guns to choose from that actually is worth using when brawling in the KV-1, the 122, and 85er, 57mm is more medium-long ranged combat.

I think of the T-28 as a Matilda on crack and paper armor. Other than that, its got a huge profile, the size of the Hindenburg blimp. Which sux, cuz you gotta be alert when cruisin wit it or joy riding XD.
Old 2013-07-05, 18:45   Link #8008
Newhope

I found the T-28 to be exellent at Tier 4, good mobility with a surprisingly accurate gun that can deal with just about anything it faces.

Only bad things I say about is the gun depression is really bad and it's vulnerable to the derps common at that Tier.

Last edited by Newhope; 2013-07-05 at 19:02.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 18:51   Link #8009
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

thats why u don't brawl in that tank, it a mid ranger/ long range tank. u only brawl after killing derpers.
Old 2013-07-06, 01:00   Link #8010
Gravitas Free Zone

I am going to move my Matilda crew to ultimate suffering the Comet.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 04:14   Link #8011
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I am going to move my Matilda crew to ultimate suffering the Comet.
Moving a HEAVY crew to a mobile tank? You sure you're not going to drop skills for this? XD

The Comet, by the way, is like a big fat Cromwell, without the speed but with better gun dep. Too bad the ROF doesn't make up for the Tier 6 damage...
Old 2013-07-06, 05:07   Link #8012
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

The Tildy is technically a medium.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 05:16   Link #8013
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Moving a HEAVY crew to a mobile tank? You sure you're not going to drop skills for this? XD
Despite how it plays, the Matilda is classified as a Medium Tank (both ingame and IRL), so moving its crew to the Comet is a perfectly viable procedure.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 05:22   Link #8014
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

It plays like an itty-bitty Heavy though, plus the upgrade tree heads straight to the Churchill. Also, the skills you'd usually use for a ponderous nag like the Matilda might not fit well with something like the Comet.
Old 2013-07-06, 07:52   Link #8015
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I find that the Valentine and Matilda could almost be sisters, due to how similarly they play; that said Valentine shares most of its guns with the Churchill I, so by the time you get there all you need to grind is turret, suspension and the Vickers 75mm HV.

In other news, My Cruiser Mk. II is The Little Tank That Could.

Images

Who's a good Cruiser II? You are! You are! Yes you are! Good little light tank!

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 08:15   Link #8016
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I'm just happy to get a game above breaking even at this point. Managed to unlock the 3rd skill for the Indien Panzer crew, but boy, have the individual WRs of my AMX 13 90 and Indien dropped dramatically (my AMX had as high as 56% WR at one point).

Images

Also, nothing quite shows how stupid some teams are over the weekend than this match, where as an AT-7 I was the ONLY one to turn around to stop the cap at our base (where a Cromwell, Type 58, and Stuart were making a mess of things).

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-07-06 at 09:12.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 09:16   Link #8017
Gravitas Free Zone

Meet Bert.
Images
The gunner ended up with 100% repair first because it's no fun being tracked in a Matilda, but changing that doesn't seem too necessary because it's no fun being tracked in a fast medium either. I suppose I might switch Off-Road for Clutch Braking, but I'll have to see how well the Comet does peekaboo first.

I already free XP unlocked the Comet's suspension.

At least the British tree shares a number of things between lines; getting the final gun for the Comet would unlock same for the Churchill VII... not that I really want to drive another Churchill, but quite a bit of stuff in the heavy line is also used in the medium line.
Old 2013-07-06, 09:19   Link #8018
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

For a slow tank like the Matilda, Repair is ALWAYS a good choice, as it often means the difference between life and death especially when you're tracked in the open.

As for the Comet... Peekaboo? Unless you're using hilly terrain (use that gun dep and spaced gun mantle!), don't even think of it, as the gun has one of the lowest alpha damage of its tier. Flank harder.

P.S. I have the GuP complete character set for crew, but I couldn't get it to work. How will I have to rename each file to fit each country?
Old 2013-07-06, 09:43   Link #8019
Gravitas Free Zone

I used Crew Icon Manager to switch the faces around... just note that the program is coded to only recognize one of the older versions (0.8.3, IIRC) so you'll have to rename the "0.8.x" folder to that version number before you run the program, then revert it after you're done.
Old 2013-07-06, 12:19   Link #8020
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

anyone notice it takes forever to log in now?

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks