AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-06-05, 15:16   Link #1901
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
The reason I want to keep track of how many times the girls are seen with stuff in their mouths is that I want to know if Kagami really is more *oral* than the other girls, or if we think she is simply because she is seen more often than the others as having something in her mouth when the focus is on her - no one seems to mention anything about something being in Tsukasa's or Kona's mouths when they're in the background, after all.

Currently (through episode 4) Kagami's in the lead, but Kona's not far behind. Tsukasa also has a good few points for her, too.

Also, I've noticed a few more completely different translations (between LC, a.f.k., and WinD... I can't watch EnA...) at certain parts throughout L*S... I'm leaning towards WinD's interpretations because of their massive notes on each episode.

Episode 4 of WinD's contained *no* translation notes at the top at all... they've provided the link to their forums for notes. This, IMO, is even better than the already good translation notes they stuck at the top in the previous three episodes...

http://www.windfs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=175
(You can really learn a few things about Japanese culture and language from reading through the thread... So neato, kyaa~)

I find it *totemo* interesting that the picture after the OP is actually the real mascot of the swim team of the school Miyuki dances in front of... (and in the ep 2 notes, the cowlick and ribbon (signifying Kona and Tsukasa) on the game is so cute! I didn't even notice it!). Ah, and WinD also claims that the earrings Miyuki gave Kagami and Tsukasa in episode 5 are from Tiffany.

BTW... In episode 4, they switch back from Poppy to Pocky..... .... .. D:
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 15:27   Link #1902
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Just to let you know, EnA has begun posting translation notes on their own website since episode 6.

http://www.e-n-m.net/projects/lucky_star/
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 15:28   Link #1903
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Just to let you know, EnA has begun posting translation notes on their own website since episode 6.

OH! I looked, but apparently I looked in the wrong place... I found their site to be a little frustrating to navigate.
Old 2007-06-05, 15:29   Link #1904
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, the earring catch I saw in another forum... the damn things are apparently about $4000 a pair (they had a real picture) so Kagami and Tsukasa actually have no idea just how wealthy Miyuki is

Maybe I'll give WinD another shot if I can (whoa... storm just moved in....).
Old 2007-06-05, 21:13   Link #1905
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
OH! I looked, but apparently I looked in the wrong place... I found their site to be a little frustrating to navigate.
I can't get EnA's site to work at all. It just freezes my browser for 20 seconds at a time when I try to scroll the page or do anything at all. I'd like to watch their fansubs but H264 at 1024x576 is for me as bad as their website... I did download one of their eps but ended up watching LC's version instead, I've filed the EnA one away to watch when I buy a new computer....

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 00:18   Link #1906
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't go to EnA's site usually.... the torrents are taggable on the AS torrent lists. You might try that.
Old 2007-06-06, 03:19   Link #1907
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Hnn, http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=165 ... sorry, he spent hours browsing through the catalogue of overpriced earrings to find it, so I had to give him a little credit.

I'd like to watch EnA's releases, but that's going to have to wait until I figure out a good way to transfer them to a windozey compy...
Old 2007-06-06, 03:36   Link #1908
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
I can't get EnA's site to work at all. It just freezes my browser for 20 seconds at a time when I try to scroll the page or do anything at all. I'd like to watch their fansubs but H264 at 1024x576 is for me as bad as their website... I did download one of their eps but ended up watching LC's version instead, I've filed the EnA one away to watch when I buy a new computer....
If you can't watch their h.264's (which aren't that big and CPU-intensive for videos that use this codec), then yes, their site probably isn't good for you. They have really heavy amounts of CSS and transparency settings. I guess it's fair for them to assume that those who can watch their works can view their site.
Old 2007-06-06, 16:59   Link #1909
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
If you can't watch their h.264's (which aren't that big and CPU-intensive for videos that use this codec), then yes, their site probably isn't good for you. They have really heavy amounts of CSS and transparency settings. I guess it's fair for them to assume that those who can watch their works can view their site.
It's probably the transparent layers, I've never known CSS cause a problem. In fact this is the only website on the internet I've had trouble with in a long time, it's much worse than those stupid sites that decide to put a million word essay on a single page or somesuch nonsense. I would tell them but I'm afraid of dying of old age before I manage to find their comments page.

Old 2007-06-08, 01:49   Link #1910
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:

I'll add this to my bookmarks. Except, they say the girl at 18:10 in episode 8 is from Kanon. Really, now.

Lately I've been using JEEB's translation, which isn't all that great. But he releases the soft script. (I also suffer from an inability to play h264.) I'd like to watch WinD, if they weren't so far behind.
Telliamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 02:04   Link #1911
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Yeah.. I feel kind of stuck in a rut. I'm discontent with watching the raw and a.f.k.'s releases (don't get me wrong, they're not bad at all... I just heavily prefer more literal translations). I want WinD subs, but they're quite a ways behind... and I'd like to try EnA's but h264s will never play decently on any mac I own (I'm retarded and can't figure out the mplayer tutorial for the life of me -_-).
Old 2007-06-08, 02:30   Link #1912
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

That seems to be the dilemma...none of the translation groups got this perfectly. ^^;;
Old 2007-06-08, 02:32   Link #1913
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Go harass someone who owns a PC and make them watch it with you
(don't forget to make them install the CCCP pack and watch it on the classic player, not the WMP)

@claies: that's usually my dilemma ... I'll like parts of one group's work, pieces of another, a particular line.... hell, sometimes I don't like *my* interpretation
Old 2007-06-08, 15:09   Link #1914
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

H... Haa?! But that would be the obvious easy thing to do! It's entirely do-able now that I'm on break... the dad still has to go to work and leave his precious lappy unguarded...

Thanks. *swt*
Old 2007-06-09, 06:25   Link #1915
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
H... Haa?! But that would be the obvious easy thing to do! It's entirely do-able now that I'm on break... the dad still has to go to work and leave his precious lappy unguarded...
This is where you discover he plays ero-games and you realise life really is like Lucky Star....

Old 2007-06-09, 16:46   Link #1916
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Well in honor of Lucky Star, I walked into our local Japanese market yesterday and bough me some Choco Cronet (it's French so the t is silent) and the copy of NewType with the Konata Postcard. Then I enjoyed it just like what Tsukasa/Miyuki said, taking the bottom bits (the wide end is head to me) and smother it with Choco cream. It IS better this way! Same goes for Custard Cronet as well! I'd always enjoyed cronets but this is the first time I've ever eaten it this way. I think Choco Cronet is going to be just as big as Melon Pan was, an Official Otaku Pastry. I can just imagine the looks of the faces of all those bakery owners who thinks to themselve "Why are all those damn otakus buying all our choco cronets?" And being otakus, not a single of of them will attempt to explain it.

I'll tell you what's suck about the US - almost no one knows anything about Melon Pan and Choco Cronets and it's difficult to find. Why don't we have all those wonderful bakeries and patrie shops? You know the kind you need a tray and a tongue and pick whatever you want? I can't sigh enough about.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 11:26   Link #1917
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
Is Akira legally old enough to smoke, not that that particularly matters?

what next -- jokes about alcohol binges, paparazzi and sex scandals in the idoru community?
Well, considering this week`s Lucky Channel, you could very well be correct on the third presumptions.
Spoiler:
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 12:47   Link #1918
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I'll tell you what's suck about the US - almost no one knows anything about Melon Pan and Choco Cronets and it's difficult to find. Why don't we have all those wonderful bakeries and patrie shops? You know the kind you need a tray and a tongue and pick whatever you want? I can't sigh enough about.
Actually, you can find shops close or equal to that in the major port cities at least (SFO, LA, NY, etc). San Francisco has a number of shops near Japantown that specialize in cakes, pastries, and mochi. It really depends on how international the city is. I'll bet Toronto or Montreal might have such things as well.

Hell, I have trouble finding vegetables when I head inland in the US (at least ones that haven't been cooked to mush).
Though I did find a kick-ass sushi bar in Albuquerque, NM (of all places) in the early 90s.
Old 2007-06-10, 13:55   Link #1919
Jiji
*Scanlator

I'll bet it was the Japanese Kitchen. Keiko-san and Jeff-san have run that place forever, it seems like. My favourite place in town for sushi. If you're ever in Albuquerque again, let me know and we'll go for sushi there. ^_^

However, even with a largish Asian supermarket in town (Ta Lin), I can't find choco coronets anywhere, darnit. Nor melon pan. Lots of pocky, though...

One of the things with me and anime is how it manages to have this terrible power of suggestion over me. Are the characters eating hot pot? Of course, I'm suddenly ravenous for hot pot. Nikujaga? Wonder if I have any beef thawed out... Konpira? Of course. And if it's sushi? I'm doomed...
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 14:11   Link #1920
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
San Francisco has a number of shops near Japantown that specialize in cakes, pastries, and mochi.
[*weeps*] Remember to always get the greener meronpan, not the one colored like regular bread. They also sell those huge boxes of Pocky I can't finish.. And go during the Cherry Blossom Festival to score loads of discounts and be able to play the Hello Kitty game. Be sure to ask for a points card from Kinokuniya Stationary. Tanpopo has the best ramen. In one of the stationary shops outside, the owners will periodically bring out "Kuma" (bear), their overly-friendly, would-never-attack-anything doggie. ;_;

Just a heads up... LAS VEGAS HAS NOTHING! *angst*

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen