AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-27, 00:53   Link #31441
agetreme
Just another Idiot

You are asking somebody, who came up with lots of weird ideas and happen to be a firm believer of stupidity of mankind, to be surprise.

Trust me. I wouldn't be surprised or amused by it...

I will only be surprise if somebody figure out an alternative to my idea (A machine that can take down IS without damaging it) and everybody's idea (Weapons that damages IS)....

Edit: I will also be surprise if people figure out other uses of IS other than fighting.....
Old 2012-05-27, 00:58   Link #31442
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Sports equipment and space exploration?

As for your dream eating machine, I can say that it won't work though :|
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 01:00   Link #31443
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Space exploration? Try underwater exploration. In my fanon, Mysterious Lady (and in OTHER fanon, another aquatic machine) is made to do just that.

There's so much expectation in space that humanity forgot their own (theoretical) origin
Old 2012-05-27, 01:01   Link #31444
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well it was originally made to explore space, so why not?
Old 2012-05-27, 01:05   Link #31445
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

My intention wasn't' to argue against it, I just proposed the more practical application instead of the intended one, technically, you can explore ocean without worrying on logistic.
Old 2012-05-27, 01:13   Link #31446
agetreme
Just another Idiot

It make sense if you know how machine "sense" things.

If all else fail....
Don't worry, Dream Catcher isn't created to defeat IS. It is made to defeat humanity's greatest enemy.

Here is the differences between Dream Catcher and Dream Eater(how I differentiate the two machine):

Dream Catcher (It catches nightmare with its web), it doesn't kill people....

Dream Eater kills(because It eats human's hope and dream) .... don't forget the opening to Dream Catcher Pilot: Humans without dream are dead inside.

Edit: See! new Stuff!

Nobody mentioned anything about water exploration...
May be encounter some alien living under water or something(just joking)
Or A Sea-bound adventure with IS pirates (IS pilot who use IS to rob ships)
Old 2012-05-27, 01:18   Link #31447
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No offense, but my mind went to Shugo Chara for some reason, because the franchise treat 'ideal self' and 'dream' as anthropic physical object

(Yes, in case you forget, I read as many shoujo as I watch/read other genre)

EDIT: BTW Age, do you mind telling me about the 'Support Machine' concept you made months ago? How they look and work etc.
Old 2012-05-27, 01:18   Link #31448
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: IS honestly don't have much use out of combat, gladiatorial sport or space exploration. Might be possible for cross-dimensional exploration though.

@age: so you're fighting aliens?
Old 2012-05-27, 01:31   Link #31449
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

So about the other time, I mentioned that I'm working on a separate story where an IS makes a cameo-ish appearance.

Not Athena related, just a scene which introduces the unit:

Spoiler for Scene:

And yes, the unit in question is the Pearl Admiralty that I mentioned before... Only with a different nickname.
Old 2012-05-27, 01:34   Link #31450
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Actually, no, it's just that they somehow more useful and efficient as combat unit.

It's just that just like everything else, it's look better in military service. Mobile suit, Wanderung Wagen, Muscle Tracer, whatever. They all end up in military service one after another.

Nobody wanted to see giant robot doing mundane task.... without glorifying it. (Giant robot making pizza instead of constructing a building for example) Only harder science fiction can capture the realistic atmosphere without making it boring.
Old 2012-05-27, 01:42   Link #31451
demino_hellsin
That one guy

mecha in mining? Seems legit. megastructure construction too.
Old 2012-05-27, 01:43   Link #31452
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
No offense, but my mind went to Shugo Chara for some reason, because the franchise treat 'ideal self' and 'dream' as anthropic physical object

(Yes, in case you forget, I read as many shoujo as I watch/read other genre)

EDIT: BTW Age, do you mind telling me about the 'Support Machine' concept you made months ago? How they look and work etc.
Current form is a Mascot costume.... the one mentioned in the pilot is vehicle/older version...

I don't want to go to deep into the detail...(because I am lazy) but I do have something (draft? or just plain Madness of imagination)

Dream Catcher only work with certain type of pilot because

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-05-27, 01:55   Link #31453
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Yes, legit, though somewhat down to earth (pun intended) Patlabor shown giant robots everywhere doing mundane job, and while not a giant franchise, it's far from unpopular. Hell, the titular mecha is armored with titanium-plastic-ceramic composite because the frame & actuator will be squeezed by heavier armor

Front mission also do just that, though their main focus still giant robot beating the crap out of each other.

@ Everyone
I plant to have a support machine of sort, which is why I need extra opinion
Old 2012-05-27, 02:53   Link #31454
demino_hellsin
That one guy

what will it support?
Old 2012-05-27, 03:08   Link #31455
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Infinite Stratos of course

The idea is that they expand I.S. endurance at the cost of increased bulk. Their main job is to carry extra capacitor to power the I.Ses (and possibly armament, thruster, armor and shield generator), even a single medium backpack could extend the endurance by 20%.

They lacked sufficiently advanced CPU to reach their full combat potential by themselves, but integrated with I.S. core, they can work to a whole level of dangerous. The smaller one act as armor modules not unlike FAST Pack system from Macross or 0 Raiser from G00, the larger one however is complete with 'pseudo-cockpit' not unlike GP03 or GN Arms.

Basically, they're similar to "Packets", only automated and can separate from main unit.
Old 2012-05-27, 03:22   Link #31456
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Like the Hrudu units in Advance of Zeta and GN bits for Raziel? Or seriously just big chunky ones?
Old 2012-05-27, 03:37   Link #31457
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As noted above, they come in all size, and of course, shape and function.

For example, Ichika and Rito's can turn into subflight lifter, and usually remote controlled by the I.S. core as support unit. Difference is that Ichika's more of a high speed flying boomerang with machinegun while Rito's a flying shield with heavy firepower.

The one made for Blue Tears actually renders the Image Interface-controlled BITs redundant. Of course, easier control was gained by sacrificing accuracy. So Cecilia use the original BITs for precise fire support and newer BITs for high speed assault and personal defense.

Plenty of design exist, but I need opinions on the basic principle and portrayal.
Old 2012-05-27, 04:10   Link #31458
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ichika is smart in that one right?

The point of Byakushiki was to minimize the amount of weapons to make it easier to use. So I was thinking the support craft would be more for the sake of utility than firepower @_@
Old 2012-05-27, 05:44   Link #31459
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, the fact that the flying backpack potentially can mount Yukhira series as 'wing blades' is telling, though most of the time it mounts standard beam saber to conserve energy (and the fact that there's only two Yukihira in this verse, rather than eight like in ST)

Ichika mostly use that as distraction to make enemy busy so he can sneak and deliver a killing blow, or the inverse, Ichika keep the enemy busy and then it was the backpack that made a slicing maneuver.

And oh, this time Ichika (just like all male pilots) receive standard amount of Cadet Rep training, so he's at least on par with his harems (some are stronger and weaker respectively)

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-05-27 at 05:58.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 06:07   Link #31460
demino_hellsin
That one guy

... as a support unit... I thought it would cover his weaknesses more than anything

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest