AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-15, 07:48   Link #201
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh lord that Gunbuster comparison . It's pretty spot on, though start's to break up towards the end.
Old 2010-07-15, 07:54   Link #202
Solafighter
Hige

That was kinda expected, that at least the old group is now together again. No new Witches, yet. Maybe somewhen.

I said, i wanted to be able to see the ability of Erica? This wish was just granted in episode 2.
Btw, seeing her behaviour, also in the first season, she is kinda like Hans Joachim Marseille. He had problems with the discipline. Here and then, Erica also seems to be like that.

Sounds like, they switched the voice artists in the ED.

Riding brooms... No comment.
Old 2010-07-15, 07:59   Link #203
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piroko View Post
Not sure if my ears are listening right, but it seems to have different people singing for the ED, just like season one?
According to an earlier post here, yes, your ears doth not deceive thee

Quote:
Too lazy to get a screenshot now, but there was a frame where Shirley and Lucchini symmetrically docked each other's pantsu.
Hmm, yummy

Hey wait a minute, that's a crotch kiss which, I'll admit, is a nice change from the popular butt kiss I've seen several times already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
yea, probably. plus crotch shots from Minna are way more legal than Micchan's...
Heh. Ha. Yeah.... hey wait a minute! I was a Minna fan before episode 01 rolled around

Should I be happy we won't be seeing Micchan anytime soon?

Quote:
Anyway, epic battle indeed. Hope to see more eps like this one. well, judging by the preview, next one is about "training with brooms" so, let's see how that will turn out.
Hmm, training.... is this where they're supposed to power up now? What's going to happen to my tactics from episode 02?

Ah well I have this feeling Perrine is going to want to do her training session rivalry with Miyafuji like in season 1, all thanks to Mio
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 08:36   Link #204
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Must....have.....more......Sanya.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Hmm, yummy

Hey wait a minute, that's a crotch kiss which, I'll admit, is a nice change from the popular butt kiss I've seen several times already...
Which episode is that from?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 08:49   Link #205
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Which episode is that from?
The first and second.
Old 2010-07-15, 08:55   Link #206
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
I was wondering about Lynette. Wasn't she in some sort of jam near the end of episode 01? Or it could be this large Neuroi was the problem...
Clearly it was just a big conspiracy by Lynette to get the gang back together. Pretend she's in trouble (it's plausible) and wait for her friends to show up. Everyone around her was probably giving her weird looks about why she was making it up .
Old 2010-07-15, 09:12   Link #207
SanyaChan

yay for more sanya! ;D o.O and is it me or sanya's rocket launcher can shoot 4 at now o.O in s1 she could not shoot that fast ;o
SanyaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 09:16   Link #208
mangatron

Actually in S1 she has the capability to shoot fast, just... not her style

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Clearly it was just a big conspiracy by Lynette to get the gang back together. Pretend she's in trouble (it's plausible) and wait for her friends to show up. Everyone around her was probably giving her weird looks about why she was making it up .
Aha, I see where this is going. Clearly she knew it has fast regenerative abilities, as she would have easily shot that thing to pieces. Thinking she can't live without Miyafuji, she calls into the Fuso base, making sure the Neuroi picks up on the signal, in which said Neuroi proceeded to meet the flying boat, with Lynette not too far behind.

(I knew I would eventually theorize and speculate once again, but... like this? )
Old 2010-07-15, 09:44   Link #209
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Just watched Ep2

Loved sounds~~ lol

Shirley's leg units sounded like a merlin powered machine now.. as with each of the girl's strikers xD no more generic prop sounds lol~

Maybe Humikane & co were actually in various airshows last year, recording engine sounds from warbird demo flights hahaha~ (or maybe they just ripped it from IL-2 harhar LOLZ )

I applaud the production people behind this for making the sound effects right..

I think the headwind sounds were included now.. especially when Yoshika was in a spinning dive..

my being vain for tiny details again xD Sorry^^

ALTHOUGH, the Air battle scene with the Neuroi was a rehash from episode 1....... >_> but i think it's okay.. ^

Last edited by pauldy; 2010-07-15 at 10:05.
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 10:31   Link #210
mangatron

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
Maybe Humikane & co were actually in various airshows last year, recording engine sounds from warbird demo flights hahaha~ (or maybe they just ripped it from IL-2 harhar LOLZ )

I applaud the production people behind this for making the sound effects right..

I think the headwind sounds were included now.. especially when Yoshika was in a spinning dive..

my being vain for tiny details again xD Sorry^^
Oh, it's nothing to be ashamed of, bud. I actually do wonder how they go about the flight sounds, they certainly sound unique in comparison to other siimilar mediums.

I still remember my first air show (I was surprised, no admission(for military related personel of course, it was on a Naval Weapons Station), free roaming and lots of aircraft!), definitely a good place to record sounds

One thing I'm glad about: at least the guns don't share the same sounds, unlike a large number of Hollywood movies
Old 2010-07-15, 10:32   Link #211
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Oh lord that Gunbuster comparison . It's pretty spot on, though start's to break up towards the end.
Personally, I think Strike Witches is deeply influenced by Gunbuster. Historically, if Gunbuster hadn't existed, Strike Witches probably wouldn't have, but they also have these plot similarities:

Spoiler for Gunbuster/SW season 1:
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 10:42   Link #212
Solafighter
Hige

I think they also recorded sounds from the airshow "Flying Legends"(many photos, scroll a bit down to see the ww2 fighters) in Duxford.

I have been there twice. Awsome sounds of many types of aircrafts.
Someone should ask in an interview about the sounds.
Old 2010-07-15, 11:41   Link #213
rocket
Senior and Demented

Episode 2 Impressions

Well the plot development was predictable, the emotions were trite, and some of the battle scenes were re-used. In the end hard work and guts, er I mean, compassion for others and teamwork, saves the day. Didn't really detract from my enjoyment, tho... (^_^);;;

On the other hand I was saddened to see the Major suddenly powered up into ultimate bad-ass. Gonna be hard to come up with plausible battle tension when she can just whip out the magic sword that both negates the needs for shields and can slice through the biggest, fastest regenerating Neuroi, in one cut. On the other hand we probably will be subjected to a half dozen moe-moe episodes before seeing some action... (;_;)

Magical Strike
In other news my Strike Witches inspired board game (card game actually, but played like a board game) is ready for playtesting! It's a solo or cooperative game in the spirit of Forbidden Island, where the Witches of the 501 work together to shoot down various Neuroi before they reach the Witch's base.

Not only is it a Strike Witches game, it's a Strike Witches game designed to be played with the Gashapon Trading figures - finally they can do more than just collect dust on the shelf! Drop me a line if you are interested in playtesting this week, even if you don't have the figures (you can play with just the printable cards).

Other News...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post

Spoiler for gunbuster comparison:
Wow, Hypernova! Epic scene by scene comparison. Impressive work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Personally, I think Strike Witches is deeply influenced by Gunbuster. Historically, if Gunbuster hadn't existed, Strike Witches probably wouldn't have, but they also have these plot similarities:
Nod. Nod. I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Someone should ask in an interview about the sounds. ;)
In one of the interviews somebody (director? producer?) talked about traveling outside of Japan to get the engine sounds...
Old 2010-07-15, 11:51   Link #214
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Oh, it's nothing to be ashamed of, bud. I actually do wonder how they go about the flight sounds, they certainly sound unique in comparison to other siimilar mediums.

I still remember my first air show (I was surprised, no admission(for military related personel of course, it was on a Naval Weapons Station), free roaming and lots of aircraft!), definitely a good place to record sounds

One thing I'm glad about: at least the guns don't share the same sounds, unlike a large number of Hollywood movies
I remember that the Strike Witches Starlight Stream radio programme had a part called the "today's engine sound corner" where the seiyuus played a short clip of the engine sound of some aircraft......I couldn't understand most of the programme but I can hear them like guess which airplane the sound belonged to. So yeah I think the producers and Humikane went to collect real engine sound.......

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 12:04   Link #215
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Oh, it's nothing to be ashamed of, bud. I actually do wonder how they go about the flight sounds, they certainly sound unique in comparison to other similar mediums.

I still remember my first air show (I was surprised, no admission(for military related personnel of course, it was on a Naval Weapons Station), free roaming and lots of aircraft!), definitely a good place to record sounds

Didn't noticed the guns^ I need to re-watch the episode and hear the differences^^ Seems the people involved with SW weren't that idle in the past year. Probably they were collecting various references such as weapon sounds.

If ever Fracesca & Perrine's strikers have their unique sounds, I wonder where AIC got them.. afaik, there are no G55 Centauro and VG39 in airworthy flying conditions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Maybe it's just coincidence..^

..Strike Witches (I believe) sprang up from Humikane's series of Mecha Musume drawings, a type of character illustration that has nothing to do with MECHA in the traditional sense..

Mecha Musume was.. yep, Mecha Musume that didn't have any plot at all.. just character designs.. ^

Then maybe some people in the industry got interested in the concept and placed in authors to make a light novel story out of it.. then eventually anime studios such as GONZO & AIC.

or was it... Maybe the people in the production team of Strike Witches liked Gunbuster after all..

Quote:
I think they also recorded sounds from the airshow "Flying Legends"(many photos, scroll a bit down to see the ww2 fighters) in Duxford.

Oh, yep, the Flying Legends of TFC. I wish I could go to airshows like that. ^ No airshows here in our country
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 12:08   Link #216
Solafighter
Hige

The sounds, they used are high quality. Recording such sounds is not that easy, as it seems. What i think is, that they visited the homebases of oldtimer holders, pay them a little bit to fly around with also some low flybys, to record these sounds. On airshows or maybe freestyle is difficult cause of wind, screaming kids, talking people, shirping birds, etc.

But however they got these sounds, they sound awsomeness!!
Old 2010-07-15, 17:50   Link #217
Peanutbutter

I nearly shed buckets when everyone started showing up. Though it was a little too convenient.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 20:26   Link #218
Dahak86
Classics never age

some gifs for you guys (few for now):

Sankaku Complex -> Strike Witches Sukumizu Service Special

plus, I think these pics are nice
Spoiler for some pics:
Old 2010-07-15, 20:45   Link #219
mangatron

Quote:

Wow, thanks for the link, bud. Really amazes me how these old aircraft can still fly, shows how well maintained they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
I remember that the Strike Witches Starlight Stream radio programme had a part called the "today's engine sound corner" where the seiyuus played a short clip of the engine sound of some aircraft......I couldn't understand most of the programme but I can hear them like guess which airplane the sound belonged to. So yeah I think the producers and Humikane went to collect real engine sound.......
Well that sounds like fun. Always nice to have the cast involved with other aspects of the production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post

and see? there's her cute rocket launcher.. you Minnatron.
Hehe cute girl er I mean rocket launcher (haven't seen that pic before, tanks)

First pantsutron and now Minnatron? Might as well prepare those Shirleytron, Sanyatron, Lucchinitron etc
Old 2010-07-15, 20:57   Link #220
Qikz

Really enjoyed the episode this week, much like Heroman when they all started showing up I started grinning like a maniac.

Lynne! <3!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume