AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-03-21, 20:33   Link #41
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
どう致しまして 私、四年で高校で日本語勉強しましたから、日本語に書くこと出来ますね。ヒマあれば、 ずっと勉強します。 まだまだ学ぶ途中ですから、私の言葉には間違ったら、お失礼します(>_ <;)

はい、少女漫画色々好きですね^^「桜蘭」ね。。。アニメは面白かった!私 環の派です!(ハルヒとカップ ル事)
10年かかったのに一番好きな漫画はまだ種村有菜の「満月をさがして」です。読む事ありますか ?
Be sure and have an english translation - the mods are pretty keen on that. (edit: I see you fixed that)
(as a lark, I threw it into Google to see how far the translator has come ... well, it was better than the old Babel Fish)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
Because I was studying Japanese in high school in four years It's my pleasure, I can be written in Japanese. If there spare time, you study much. Learn from is in the process of being still, in my words when wrong, but it rude tail (> _ <

Yes, we color cartoon girl ne "Ouran" ^ ^ I like. . . Anime was interesting! Faction of the ring is me! (That Haruhi and couples)
My favorite cartoon is "looking for a full moon" of organic vegetables Tanemura but still took 10 years. Have you ever read?
In my case, my two sons both studied Japanese in high school (4 years). I've taken courses in Japanese in community college and self-studies. My wife's Japanese (what little she knows) is archaic (obsolete). She learned it from her grandparents who left Japan in the late 1920s for the USA. For a long time, she thought "genki desuka" translated as she was misbehaving. She didn't know it was also a friendly greeting.
Old 2012-03-21, 20:39   Link #42
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Be sure and have an english translation - the mods are pretty keen on that.
(as a lark, I threw it into Google to see how far the translator has come ... well, it was better than the old Babel Fish)
ROFL GOOGLE.

Don't worry-I edited my post.

Quote:
For a long time, she thought "genki desuka" translated as she was misbehaving. She didn't know it was also a friendly greeting.

Don't worry-get a load of this: when one of the classes from school went to Japan and one of the boys saw a pretty Japanese girl there,
he kept saying 「嫌い」kirai to her instead of 「綺麗」 kirei. AHAHAHA LOL (大笑)
バカなんて。。。
What an idiot...
Old 2012-03-21, 20:45   Link #43
Forsaken_Infinity

Now you guys are just making me cry. Why didn't I study Japanese when I had the chance to

Oh well, I am just 20/21. I will learn it someday, maybe
Old 2012-03-21, 20:49   Link #44
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Now you guys are just making me cry. Why didn't I study Japanese when I had the chance to

There's PLENTY of time for you still! Fret not!

I consider myself very very lucky. There were only two schools in the stretch of two whole counties that taught it. I almost took German instead....and then I discovered anime and said "NO WAY am I taking German now if they have Japanese!"
Old 2012-03-21, 20:55   Link #45
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsuyama Asuka View Post
長文を完全に理解するには私の能力が足りません。
My capability is insufficient for understanding a long sentence completely.

よって、理解できた部分のみの返答となる事をお許しください。
Therefore, please allow becoming the answer of only the understood portion.

私もアニメは素晴らしいと思います。
I think that anime is wonderful.

私がアニメを見る目的は2つあります。
There are two purposes that I look at anime.

1つは、漫画の単行本が出版されている場合、それを買うかどうかを見極めるためです。
The 1st is for discerning whether he buys it, when the book of comics is published.

すなわち、アニメを見て面白かったら原作も読もうと考えます。
That is, anime is seen, and if interesting, I will think that an original will also be read.

2つめは、原作の漫画を既に読んで内容を知っている場合、アニメとなって動き、話す様子を楽しむ ためです。
The 2nd is for enjoying signs that become anime, and it moves and talks, when original comics are already read and the contents are known.
It's like that for many people actually...

多くの人にとってそれはも同じのこと。
Old 2012-03-21, 21:00   Link #46
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

I will say its easier if you're younger... but I took on Japanese language study when I was 50. The joke was the task was my low-budget "mid life crisis" (cue the music...)
Old 2012-03-21, 21:04   Link #47
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
There's PLENTY of time for you still! Fret not!

I consider myself very very lucky. There were only two schools in the stretch of two whole counties that taught it. I almost took German instead....and then I discovered anime and said "NO WAY am I taking German now if they have Japanese!"
You wouldn't be saying that if you knew that I have been in contact with Japanese culture (okay, not anime specifically, that came a bit late) for almost my entire life and had all the opportunities to learn it if I had just tried

It's just one of the many things that I always thought would be awesome to do but didn't put any effort towards. My fault but oh well.
Old 2012-03-21, 22:38   Link #48
Chiibi

Quote:
You wouldn't be saying that if you knew that I have been in contact with Japanese culture (okay, not anime specifically, that came a bit late) for almost my entire life and had all the opportunities to learn it if I had just tried

DUDE, WHAT...YOU....

JEALOUS!!

What are you waiting for, sir!?

Old 2012-03-21, 23:14   Link #49
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Even though English is not a bad language. It has a lot of problems not just in grammatical aspect, also in conversational manner.

It lacks the formality Asian language has. It only works in a certain circumstance. Another thing is how direct the language has to be. If you speak in a subtle manner, the listener doesn't understand you. I only noticed that aspect because I read an article of difference between English, Spanish and Japanese.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 23:16   Link #50
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Even though English is not a bad language. It has a lot of problems not just in grammatical aspect, also in conversational manner.

It lacks the formality Asian language has. It only works in a certain circumstance. Another thing is how direct the language has to be. If you speak in a subtle manner, the listener doesn't understand you. I only noticed that aspect because I read an article of difference between English, Spanish and Japanese.
That's more on the part of the listener rather than any language issue...
Old 2012-03-21, 23:21   Link #51
Tatsuyama Asuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
おはよう!外国人のアニメBBSにようこそ!

Morning! Welcome to our community ^^

僕は21歳のイギリス人ですが、日本語の2年生です。
大学の終わる時に、僕は日本に住みたいです。
馬鹿な夢みたいですけど、絶対します!それは僕の計画です。

僕的には、アニメや漫画は大切なものですけど、イギリスに僕はマイノリティーだと思います。

For me, Anime and Manga are a special thing, but in England I think I'm in the minority.

マイノリティーのに、アニメや漫画オタクがいっぱいいます!英語にオタクはGeekです。

Even though it's a minority, there's a lot of anime/manga otaku here. In English, the word for Otaku is Geek.

イギリスにアニメオタク文化の状況は日本と同じです。

In England, otaku culture is in the same situation as Japan.

オタクは普通じゃないですけど、最近、有名な人はオタクになりました。

Being a geek still isn't normal, but recently more famous people have become geeks.

毎日、日本のオタ文化はイギリスに大きくなります。ヨーロッパとアメリカは同じだと思います。

Every day, Japanese culture in England is growing, I think Europe and America are the same.

僕の日本語はちょっとまずいですけど、質問があったら、聞きたいです。^^

My Japanese is pretty bad, but if you have any questions, I'd like to hear them. ^^
よろしくね!
あなたは日本語で応えてくれました
You came through in Japanese.

よって、私も(できる限り)自力で英語を書きます。(`・ω・´)
On,I must write the English myself.

おはようございます(・ω・)
Good morning!

Quote:
よろしくね!
こちらこそ、よろしくお願いします(*´ω`*)
Me too.

日本語を学ばれているのですね
You are studying English,aren't you?

日本に住みたいのですか
Would you like to live in Japan?

それは楽しみです!
It's pleasure!

馬鹿な夢などではありません!(`・ω・´)

日本のどこに住む予定ですか?
Are you planning where reside in Japan ?

私は大阪府堺市に住んでいます
I live in Sakai city in Osaka.

Quote:
僕の日本語はちょっとまずいですけど、質問があったら、聞きたいです。^^
質問があります
I have question for you.

あなたに日本語を教えている先生はどこの国の出身ですか?
What country your Japanese teacher from?

日本人ですか?
Is it Japanese?

-----------------------

あなたを侮辱するわけではありません
I don't insult to you.

ですが、あなたの日本語は直すべき個所があると思います。(´・ω・`)
But,I think your Japanese should correct.

将来、日本人と話す時にあなたが困らないためです。
For you don't have a difficulty at talk at Japanese in future.

細かい部分ですが、大きな違いがあります。
It's subtle,But it have a big difference.

例えば
For example

Quote:
僕の日本語はちょっとまずいですけど
日本人は通常、「まずい」という単語の意味を「おいしくない」ととります。
I think "mazui"word meaning is "oisikunai" in general Japanese.

まずい=not delicious=おいしくない
です。

この場合は、「下手(heta)」もしくは「不得手(fuete)」「不得意」と言い換えた方が良いと思い ます。
In this case,I think say in other words "heta" or "fuete".

下手=poor/bad/weak=不得手/不得意

しかし、私はあなたの日本語がそれほど悪いとは思いません。
But,I don't think your Japanese bad so.

これはあくまで謙遜の意です。
This word meaning is humility.

Quote:
英語オタクはGeekです。/日本のオタ文化はイギリス大きくなります。
ではなくが良いと思います。
Not "ni","de"is good.

もしも「に」にするのでしたら、「に」と「オタク」の間に「すると/言い換えると」が入れば自然です。^^
「英語にするとオタクはGeekです」「英語に言い換えるとオタクはGeekです」

Quote:
これからはあの女の言葉です。
「あの女」という表現は好ましく(良く)ありません。
This word isn't that good.

意味は通じます。ですが、あまりよく思われないでしょう。
Meaning is told,But it isn't well thought by Japanese.

何故なら、「あの女」は日本人に侮蔑の意味を込めて使われるからです。
Because,"ano onn na" is used connotation for indignity by the Japanese.

「女性(josei)」または「彼女(kanojo)」の方が良いです。^^
"Josei"or"konojo" is better than "ono onn na"

おせっかいでしたらごめんなさい(´・ω・`)
I'm sorry when meddlesome.(´・ω・`)

Quote:

ごめんなさい、私は日本語が分かりません。でも、AnimeSukiにようこそ!

私はアメリカの女です。
12年前に私はアニメファンになりました。
アメリカに違う文化はちょっと分かりにくいですけど、アメリカのアニメオタクはその違う文化のことが大好き です。
私は日本文化のことがよく分かりませんけど、ファン時のおかげで、私はたくさん日本文化のことが習いました 。

嫌いことがあるのに、私はアニメが大好きです。
アメリカのテレビも好きですけど、アニメ方が面白いだと思います。
ありがとうございます
Thank you!

アニメの方が面白いというのはとても嬉しいです。
I'm glad very much,Because anime is more interesting than AmericanTV by you.

私の英語はおそらく変です
Probably my English is strange.

お許しを
Please allow.
Tatsuyama Asuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 23:34   Link #52
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I think of anime

Anime is awesome... since I was hooked in Sailor Moon (>,<V I was just in elementary guys!!!, I can't help watching another anime one after another... Now that I'm an adult I'm still hooked up to it. My Pc is stuff of downloads.

It sure fits my love for drawing and sketching... and all my drawings are all anime style. I often dream to either be an animator, novelist, a mangaka or a anime director... anime is awesome... Its became my life... my passion
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 23:45   Link #53
Tatsuyama Asuka

Quote:
どう致しまして 私、四年で高校で日本語勉強しましたから、日本語に書くこと出来ますね。ヒマあれば、 ずっと勉強します。 まだまだ学ぶ途中ですから、私の言葉には間違ったら、お失礼します(>_ <;)
You are welcome I studied Japanese in high school for four years so I am able to write it. When I have free time, I study it. I am still in the middle of learning so please pardon any mistakes in my words.

はい、少女漫画色々好きですね^^「桜蘭」ね。。。アニメは面白かった!私 環の派です!(ハルヒとカップ ル事)
10年かかったのに一番好きな漫画はまだ種村有菜の「満月をさがして」です。読む事ありますか ?
Yes, I like lots of girls comics. "Ouran" huh...the anime was amusing! I am a Tamaki fan! (as in a couple with Haruhi)
It's been ten years but my favorite manga is still Tanemura Arina's "Full Moon Wo Sagashite". Have you read it?

「桜蘭」では、私はハニー先輩が一番好きです
I like Hunysenpai best.

理由はかわいいからです(*´ω`*)
Because it's cute.

「満月を探して」好きです!
I like it!

全部読みました
I did read all.

私はタクトが一番好きです
I like Takuto best.

次に満月(Mitsuki)が好きです
I like Mitsuki next.
Tatsuyama Asuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 23:50   Link #54
amasposu

Quote:
質問があります
I have question for you.

あなたに日本語を教えている先生はどこの国の出身ですか?
What country your Japanese teacher from?

日本人ですか?
Is it Japanese?
The Japanese teacher I had at my university is Japanese. She is probably around 50 years old. I'm sure she came from Japan. Based on the way you phrased the questions, I'll say this, she is married to a white guy who probably has a high position in the Japanese department. I imagine that it would have been much more difficult to get a University position like that had she not married that person. However, this is entirely my opinions.

My Japanese is terrible so I can't translate this for you. T_T

(PS: I am so glad this thread got unlocked; I can't believe someone actually locked it.)
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 23:54   Link #55
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interesting useless fact. English, as it it today, is formal English. The informal English is what vanished centuries ago. The informal is what the Quakers used and the style of the King James' Bible.
Old 2012-03-21, 23:55   Link #56
Forsaken_Infinity

Tatsuyama-san, could you check out the short videos of animation from outside Japan that I posted here? I want to know what you think of them if you don't mind.

Could you also tell me if you have watched any animation from outside Japan before? And if you have, what did you think of it?
Old 2012-03-22, 01:06   Link #57
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
English is a rather weird language, most definitely. But I don't think it sucks. It has its merits. It has a larger vocabulary than most languages and it adapts well to foreign vocabulary so it can keep on expanding. It also has such a large volume of literature and is so widespread that there is no way I can agree to a flat out denial of the language's charm. English is a magnificent language in its own right. And it isn't all that hard to learn either.
For vocabulary reason, I really doubt that. I would argue that Malay, Indian, Javanese and some other languages has a lot more vocabs than English. For example, Javanese has different terms for rice which is still grown (still a plant/crop), sown, still hard, already cooked, and leftovers while English Identify all of them simply as “rice”. Another example, English don’t have that many different names for animal off-springs. English does has “puppy” for dog’s offspring but does English has terms for the offspring of monkeys, ticks, termites, crocodiles, etc? One that is obvious is English language doesn't have that much "levels" of formality.

Also, English is pretty hard to learn (especially in speaking department) due to some inconsistency (in sound) in it. For example: the pronunciation of the letter “U” in words like “cut” and “put”. If English is consistent, how can they sound different?
Old 2012-03-22, 01:09   Link #58
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

English is a multi-cultural polyglot language that has slurped up words from all over Europe, extinct languages, and now all over the world. Naturally, its full of duct tape, gum, goo, and wirewrap. Languages that were fairly regionally isolated (like Japanese or Scandinavian languages) are very simple in some respects but usually have advanced levels in nuance of social references (class, intimacy, etc).
Old 2012-03-22, 01:21   Link #59
Chiibi

Quote:

私はタクトが一番好きです
I like Takuto best.

次に満月(Mitsuki)が好きです
I like Mitsuki next.
へ~私と同じ!!(>▽<) 嬉しい!
タクトは最高。 性格大っ好き. 満月ちゃんを一途に愛するなんて美しいと思います。
実はアニメも、漫画も テレビも 映画も 本も、私の好きなキャラが1位です。

Wow, the same as me! I'm so happy!
Takuto's the best. I love his personality so much. I think it's beautiful how he loves Mitsuki-chan so whole-heartedly.
Actually he's first place for my favorite character in all of anime, manga, TV, movies, and books.

満月ちゃんも可愛いよね^^
Mitsuki-chan is cute too.

あ、気になることありますが、あなたの名前を日本語で書く文字はなんですか?
もしかして名字は「竜山」?
それとも違います?^^;

Ah, there was something I was wondering but what are the characters for writing your name in Japanese?
Could your surname be 竜山?
Or perhaps not?^^;

呼び方はどうしましょ?
How should I address you?
Old 2012-03-22, 01:32   Link #60
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
For vocabulary reason, I really doubt that. I would argue that Malay, Indian, Javanese and some other languages has a lot more vocabs than English. For example, Javanese has different terms for rice which is still grown (still a plant/crop), sown, still hard, already cooked, and leftovers while English Identify all of them simply as “rice”. Another example, English don’t have that many different names for animal off-springs. English does has “puppy” for dog’s offspring but does English has terms for the offspring of monkeys, ticks, termites, crocodiles, etc? One that is obvious is English language doesn't have that much "levels" of formality.

Also, English is pretty hard to learn (especially in speaking department) due to some inconsistency (in sound) in it. For example: the pronunciation of the letter “U” in words like “cut” and “put”. If English is consistent, how can they sound different?
Rather than focus on specific instances of a word or two, try writing a complicated sentence in different ways using new vocabulary each time. You'll see what I mean then. Also, direct comparisons of vocabulary volume is hard to do or outright pointless due to the idiosyncrasies of languages such as letting words be tacked onto each other to form new ones, letting nonsense be used as a perfectly fine part of vocabulary etc.

And while Indian, Malay etc. may have more ways to refer to a common object in Nature and have more layers of formality, they don't have as extensive a literature or anywhere near as extensive the scientific Jargon. English has a lot more words than most people use actively you know. And English assimilates words like crazy so a lot of "foreign" words that are used only in regional English are still part of the language. It's complicated but I stand by my claim that English offers a larger vocabulary than most languages. Perhaps I should say more ways to express yourself rather than use a technical term like vocabulary though.

Also, English isn't consistent and it doesn't need to be. It's inconsistency is part of its charm. And just because it isn't consistent doesn't mean it's hard to pick up. It's really easy to pick up functional English not only because the language doesn't punish you harshly even if you mess up (compared to languages like Chinese or Vietnamese or Sanskrit or Arabic) but also because our world is saturated with it.

Tags
anime, japan, manga, question