AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-06, 17:54   Link #121
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Most important are the engine and gun. With a better gun, you can hurt enemies more easily so you get more experience and money. With a better engine, you can move around better so you can hurt enemies more easily and escape more easily. For *most* tanks I would prioritize those two modules. Tracks are more for the load capacity to put stuff on your tanks, generally you will need to upgrade those before you can put on a new set of gun or engine or turret.

You shouldn't feel rushed to get all the way to the end, the stakes are higher in the end tiers and you get punished more for mistakes.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 13:59   Link #122
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 08:19   Link #123
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

damn, Girl und Panzer made me download this game and played 12 hours straight.
Old 2012-11-09, 10:46   Link #124
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
damn, Girl und Panzer made me download this game and played 12 hours straight.
I bet you are now on tier 3 maybe?

Get to tier 4 and you will see the cruelty of the matchmaker (specially if you are a light tank)

---------------------

The chinese tanks trailer made me realize WG is trying to capitalize the Chinese MMO market, even if the 90% of their tanks are only carbon copies of the soviet ones.

I prefer that they fix some other issues first, like 0 damage crits or the well known invisitanks that disappear in front of your face.

Still, a free garage slot is not bad at all.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 15:07   Link #125
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm thinking of starting WoT, but before then I want to know who are in what servers.

Also, might as well use some other name than Sumeragi if we use the NA server.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 15:16   Link #126
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
I bet you are now on tier 3 maybe?
I prefer that they fix some other issues first, like 0 damage crits or the well known invisitanks that disappear in front of your face.

Still, a free garage slot is not bad at all.
Supposedly one of the bugs being fixed in the next patch is one where "shells mysteriously disappear after hitting spaced armor" such as on IS tanks.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 16:11   Link #127
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Why is Hetzer is so goddamn hard to kill!?

Old 2012-11-09, 16:15   Link #128
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Alright, who is playing WoT from the GuP thread. We should gather up, find a common server and well... PLAY!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 17:43   Link #129
Sumeragi
Banned

I am now "Daigensui" on the North American server. I shall be playing only German tanks until the Japanese tree comes into existence.
Old 2012-11-09, 18:03   Link #130
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I am now "Daigensui" on the North American server. I shall be playing only German tanks until the Japanese tree comes into existence.
I shall look you up, even though I don't think there will be much to offer from the Japanese tree.

If it ever comes to existence

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-11-09, 18:05   Link #131
Sumeragi
Banned

No, I'm certain the Japanese tree WILL be done. It'll just take a long time.

Also, I like my name. It's befitting of a Sumeragi.
Old 2012-11-09, 18:49   Link #132
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so the imperial great marshal has joint the battle huh?

anyway Japan tank is definitely coming (It tease by dev in the forum). it probably become glass cannon/fragile spedster

Old 2012-11-09, 19:20   Link #133
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
it probably become glass cannon/fragile spedster
The harsh reality though, is that while Japanese tanks tend to weigh much less... they were actually much slower than their Allied and Axis counterparts

Most of the Japanese tanks that would, theoretically, perform at an adequate level, only existed on planning stages.

- Tak

Old 2012-11-09, 19:31   Link #134
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

If you though a little, you realize some japanese tanks were made to attack allied ships on the coast during the defense of the islands, so I think they would be some sort of kv-2 type tanks, high fire power/slow reload & mediocre movility.

----------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
then you will have to wait for a looooooooooooong time. Japanese tree come after the next:

-Chinese Tree
-2nd german TD line
-British Arty & 1st TD line
-2nd german Tier X Medium

Still I recomend you to play the Soviet tree, because is the closest thing you will have to a Japanese tree.
On dificulty it comes to the next:

-Soviet: Easy
-USA: Medium
-Germany: Medium/Hard
-British: Easy/Medium
-French: Nintendo Hard until tier 5 (specially the light tanks)

Last edited by Strigon 13; 2012-11-09 at 19:42.
Old 2012-11-09, 19:51   Link #135
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
If you though a little, you realize some japanese tanks were made to attack allied ships on the coast during the defense of the islands, so I think they would be some sort of kv-2 type tanks, high fire power/slow reload & mediocre movility.
Unfortunately, Japan never developed anything you described. The Japanese emphasis was their navy, which will be prominently featured in the next game, World of Warships.

The best armored & armed tank ever allocated for mass production and later retained on the Japanese islands was the Type 3, which had a relatively adequate 75mm gun to cope (keyword: cope) with the American Sherman. Unfortunately, the vehicle proved unreliable and only 166 were ever produced.

No Japanese tanks produced during the war had the reliability, speed and firepower to match the Sherman pound for pound, and Shermans were taking heavy losses in Europe.

Now, Japan did acquire plans for the German Tiger tank, and in theory, they could produce one based on reverse-engineering. But it never took off from the drawing board. Then again, this game does put forth prototypes...

So maybe we will see a Japanese Tiger...

- Tak

Old 2012-11-09, 20:08   Link #136
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

^A well, delusions of mine, don't take it seriously.

Still, a japanese Tiger to counter the chinese IS-2... would be interesting to see
Old 2012-11-09, 20:12   Link #137
willx
Nyaaan~~

So, is someone putting together an AS "World of Tanks" brigade?

Outlook is positive
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 20:31   Link #138
Tak

Well, I am definitely trying to. If we all play on the US server, then we don't need to do anything excessive to get everyone involved. That being said willx, once we have enough people, we should decide in the group our emblems and other bits.

- Tak

Old 2012-11-09, 20:38   Link #139
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I only play on the US server where I have less ping (EU: 300+ ms, US: 150 ms).

I have currenctly 2 accounts, one with tier 7 owned and tier 8 researched currently in a clan. The other one has only tier 5 max researched.
Old 2012-11-09, 21:12   Link #140
Tak

I say take your unclanned one and join us

- Tak

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks