AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-02, 05:26   Link #261
moichispa
Endless witch

Wow, so suddenly. I wonder who will do the opening. There is not info at all about who will work on this game bgm right?

At the fist Ougon cross op style suited it but the Pv has really different styles on the whole song so it is more hard to know now.
Old 2012-07-02, 13:22   Link #262
TW25

Release information is now up: http://www.office-mk.co.jp/pcshop/special/rgd.html

Pre-orders begin July 7th with the game releasing on August 11th for 1780 yen. Pre-orders also come with a book containing character designs that it currently set to be 32 pages. Seeing as it won't be sold at Comiket and there are multiple stores offering this, it seems like the pre-order bonus is for all stores and should therefore be available through sites like Amiami.

Last edited by TW25; 2012-07-02 at 13:34. Reason: Corrected price, Bonus info
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 13:40   Link #263
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Won't be sold at Comiket? Does that mean 07th Expansion will finally leave its status of doujin group?

And it seems like it won't be long before the game, nice.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 15:30   Link #264
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Some nice screenshots there. I look forward to getting my hands on the game. I want that booklet, too.
Old 2012-07-02, 20:10   Link #265
TW25

The composers for Rose Guns Days have been revealed here: dai, M.Zakky, pre-holder, ラック眼力, and 六弦アリス .

It also seems like, from their Twitter account, ラック眼力 (Luck Ganriki) did the OP song which should be available soon.
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 20:56   Link #266
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I'm glad to see dai, M.Zakky, and pre-holder all return... though I'm sad that zts is not on that list...

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 07:25   Link #267
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Yay, I love dai's music. And M.Zakky, really? I suppose Monochrome Clock-style music might be more suitable in a VN such as this one.

EDIT: Oh, look what's just been put up:

Last edited by Yirba; 2012-07-03 at 10:01.
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 13:16   Link #268
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigale86 View Post
Ryukishi's Blog Post 586

He mentions a PV OP Movie Being published on July 3rd

And also I believe a FPS style battle scene in the trial can anyone confirm

http://07th-expansion.net/Cgi/clip/clip.cgi
Nope, that's the complete opposite.

Bullet points with this article:

1) Endless Nine, a premiere event for the RGD demo, has been held on 1st july in Fukuoka. It was however impossible for Ryukishi to attend it.

2) Ryukishi is quite curious how people felt about the battle scenes (mini game), as it could be confused as an action game instead of a novel game. So, even though there are such scene, it is by no means a fighting game.
Ryukishi goal was to make readers feel like they are actually doing something like "I'm attacking!"

3) Because of this, Ryukishi wants people to enjoy the story, without being hindered by things that would stop the flow. hence, there is no game over during the fighting phases.
Also, following this idea, the difficulty adjust itself automatically should someone fares badly with the mini game portions.

4) Ryukishi was quite surprised to see some rumors that the game display things similar to a FPS, which might be troublesome regarding spec. Of course, that's completely false.
The game is fully working with Nscripter, therefore there is absolutely nothing to worry about regarding CPU specs, and the rules of the game are quite straightforward. Also, there is a tutorial available at the start of the game, so people can test the feature beforehand.

5) Ryukishi hopes people will enjoy this novel game, and shops will handle some early event, giving out the demo. Also, the opening being released on the 3rd july.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-07-04 at 03:36.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 17:53   Link #269
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Yay, I love dai's music. And M.Zakky, really? I suppose Monochrome Clock-style music might be more suitable in a VN such as this one.

The start of the song sounds like a remix of one of the Umineko tracks. I can't remember which one though.

Didn't know about the battle scenes. So this game is gonna be more interactive in Higurashi/Umineko? Are there gonna be multiple endings for example? Although thinking about it, if there's gonna be multiple games then I wouldn't have thought there'd be more than one ending yet.

edit - Definitely gonna be pre-ordering this as soon as it goes up on Amiami.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 18:56   Link #270
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Oh my God, that opening rocks. I'm already waiting for the release of the single as much as I'm waiting for the release of the game.

About the battle scenes... I'll have to see them by myself before giving a solid opinion.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 19:24   Link #271
Joly
モエカステル

Oh come on, M.Zakky didn't just do Monochrome Clock. He also did quite a lot of lovely tracks for Higanbana.

The opening song is pretty nice. Especially love the shots of all the characters firing their guns.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 20:31   Link #272
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post

What's wrong? Don't you like M. Zakky? 8D
Old 2012-07-04, 00:34   Link #273
Nigale86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Nope, that's the complete opposite.

Bullet points with this article:

1) Endless Nine, a premiere event for the RGD demo, has been held on 1st july in Fukuoka. It was however impossible for Ryukishi to attend it.

2) Ryukishi is quite curious how people felt about the battle scenes (mini game), as it could be confused as an action game instead of a novel game. So, even though there are such scene, it is by no means a fighting game.
Ryukishi goal was to make readers feel like they are actually doing something like "I'm attacking!"

3) Because of this, Ryukishi wants people to enjoy the story, without being hindered by things that would stop the flow. hence, there is no game over during the fighting phases.
Also, following this idea, the difficulty adjust itself automatically should someone fares badly with the mini game portions.

4) Ryukishi was quite surprised to see some rumors that the game display things similar to a FPS, which might be troublesome regarding spec. Of course, that's completely false.
The game is fully working with Nscripter, therefore there is absolutely nothing to worry about regarding CPU specs, and the rules of the game are quite straightforward. Also, there is a tutorial available at the start of the game, so people can test the feature beforehand.

5) Ryukishi hopes people will enjoy this novel game, and shops will handle some early event, giving out the demo. Also, the opening being released on the 3rd july.
Thanks for clarifing

It seems I had it all wrong thats what I get when trying to read google translate lol

Edit: OP looks and sounds awesome one thing I noticed when they were zooming the camera through all the characters at the end the last character reminds me a little bit of Kinzo with the color scheme.

They use a similar camera technique in the Umineko Openings with Kinzo being at the end I wonder if that means something maybe this Keireiji Character is the big boss like how Kinzo was the Head of the Ushiromiya Family

Did anyone else notice this

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-07-04 at 03:37.
Nigale86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 14:18   Link #274
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Ah so there is a board for RGD on animesuki, fun.
I know I should sorta know this, but I'm confused as to when the demo comes out.
July 7th pre-order is great tho. Fun birthday gift.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 14:32   Link #275
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
Oh come on, M.Zakky didn't just do Monochrome Clock. He also did quite a lot of lovely tracks for Higanbana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
What's wrong? Don't you like M. Zakky? 8D
I like M.Zakky's music. In fact, I like Monochrome Clock. Klashikari… or was it RedKey… didn't seem to think that track was very fitting, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
I know I should sorta know this, but I'm confused as to when the demo comes out.
Demo is out on the 6th. In other words, the day before preorders open.
Old 2012-07-04, 14:50   Link #276
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Thanks Yirba ^^
... two more days I guess...

I seriously love the upgraded art (for most at least).
Old 2012-07-04, 14:52   Link #277
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Umm, it was not me. I really like the OP. So excited for the trial release day-after-tomorrow, come fast!
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 10:12   Link #278
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

It would appear that the trial is now up:

http://07th-expansion.net/rose/trial.htm

EDIT: I've uploaded a Mac-compatible version: http://jumbofiles.com/nzxwb2anav3k

The website I uploaded to has misleading adverts, so here's some screenshots showing which links to click:

Spoiler:

There's also that bug where you have to click the screen before the game will load.

EDIT2: And here's some tweets RedKey sent me, which might be helpful for figuring out what to do in the fighting minigames:

"defense: put your mouse over flashes. attack: click on flashes three or more times, then right click and try to pick the best card"

"if in a fight you always choose the highest-value card you get Straight Flush bonus. If you manage to always hit, that's Sharpshooter"

"Overkill: attack 4+ times before picking a card; Juggernaut: perfect defense"

Last edited by Yirba; 2012-07-05 at 12:12.
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 13:07   Link #279
UsagiTenpura
Artist

I can make a sort of resume of the story in the demo if anyone's interested, I guess?
Old 2012-07-05, 13:13   Link #280
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

General thoughts about the trial:

Spoiler for RGD trial plot & features:
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ryukishi07, spoiler, visual novel