AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 21 20.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 47.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 20.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.98%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-23, 14:01   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Eden of the East - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Eden of the East, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-04-23, 14:26   Link #2
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Boy, did that 22 minutes go by quickly. And now more to ponder....
Spoiler for ep3:
Another great episode, with godly voice-acting from Hayami Saori, but a few questionable moments in the plot.

(moved from generic discussion thread by KaoruC)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-04-23 at 14:37.
Old 2009-04-23, 17:01   Link #3
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Damn, I really need subs for this. Watching the characters move & talk don't do enough for me lol xD I already felt like I missed alot but some things were...a bit odd.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-23, 17:55   Link #4
Ushio
Rise and Fall.

Confused about the plot so far, but I'm enjoying this series!
Old 2009-04-23, 19:00   Link #5
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
kyaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I will stalk all ends of the earth for a Mameshiba plushie, i swear!!! xD

Cool ep, more background info in there so slowly more of the concepts of this series are being introduced, I guess this will begin to give enough info for peeps to gain a sense of what this series is about now

I say that, but notice person above is kinda confused xD
lemme edit:
With subs, it'll should peeps a sense of what this series is beginning to be about now

3 down, 8 to go~

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Old 2009-04-23, 20:07   Link #6
Raiga
tl;dr

Spoiler:

Oh yeah forgot to mention yay subforum. ^^

Last edited by Raiga; 2009-04-23 at 20:53.
Old 2009-04-23, 20:43   Link #7
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Doing an imageshack archive of the 2ch screenshots. Spoilered for those of you who do not want to wait for 102 images to load up. And for the spoiler-avoiders. I do this for Regios on occasion, not sure if I'll have the time to archive the images from this show as much (hint cookies if you like )

Enjoy.

Spoiler for 2ch Imageshack archive:
Old 2009-04-23, 23:52   Link #8
wao
OK.

Nice episode, nice to see things going along without foregoing little bits of drama. Argh, Saki is really not my type of character but a hard-coded little bit of my brain can't stop noticing how cutely she's animated. It's those hand motions, dammit!

Spoiler for do we need spoiler tags in here:
Old 2009-04-24, 01:26   Link #9
Mandoric

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Spoiler for do we need spoiler tags in here:
Spoiler for probably not:
Old 2009-04-24, 01:30   Link #10
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
ok sub is out !!!!!

too bad for the detective, he should ask Juiz first before taking the phone ;p. He can then chop (or bite ) 1 of Akira fingers and use that to click the button instead

the whole thing seems like a modified version of Battle Royale for me, society is corrupted jajjajaja selected fews chosen people jajajaja. In battle royale you win your life, but in Eden, what do you "win" when you're the last selecao or when you have completed your objective? hmm..

the dog is cute and smart ^.^ , it has been a while and it is still clean and healthy
Old 2009-04-24, 03:05   Link #11
cereal_killerxx

Wow, what a spectacular episode! xD

Things I learned while watching this episode:

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2009-04-24, 07:52   Link #12
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Saki probably did look for him, had no reason to search every nook and cranny though, must have thought Akira ditched her or something.

As for the detective, I liked that part where we get a little bit more vulnerable emotion out of him when he saw his wife; for a short-lived character, though he served his purpose sufficiently enough, he certainly showed a lot of promise. As for people not reacting towards him dying, it's not farfetched that passing strangers thought him to be nothing more but a creepy bum, and not to mention that place doesn't seem to be the safest area to be in.

A solid episode all in all, with just the right balance of lightheartedness and suspense; Akira's involvement in the NEET disappearance is expected, yet intriguing.

Also for something completely silly: the dog is soooooo cute, and he's wearing wings! i want one now!
Old 2009-04-24, 07:59   Link #13
golthin

good episode. so we finally find the motive for the cop,
Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-24, 08:47   Link #14
Ashlotte
Clockwork

The dog stole the episode...

Ah not much else to comment at the moment...Felt more like a lull episode with abit more background on just whats going on, but with just as many new questions raised. Especially interesting about the death when you run out of money...So it seems like these people were selected from outside as opposed to within whatever organization is running this whole thing.

Hmmm criteria would be what though...Looking at the detective he seemed like a rather "Normal" guy with no outstanding ablities, talents, or background...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-04-24, 10:04   Link #15
Katapan
俺様祭り

One very small detail that I picked up: didn't Juiz sound particularly cold when Kondo called one last time to ask about using Akira's phone? The tone is so different from the first time Akira called that I'm forced to think the seiyuu was given instructions to act that very differently in this episode.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the amount of money remaining on the Noblesse phone - after all, Kondo has nothing left to help and turn him into a messiah anymore. But I'm possibly looking too much into it - I was just really shocked by the different "Hai, Juiz desu", which made Juiz sound somewhat... disappointed, I'd say. Can Juiz even have emotions?!
We'll see if the tone is also different if/when another Seleção decides to call Juiz.
Old 2009-04-24, 10:06   Link #16
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Big revelations at the end of this episode. Pretty much confirmed my initial speculations about the Nobelesse and the Selecao.

The bigger question now is what exactly Akira was that forced him to self-wipe his memories, and what exactly this "saving Japan" business Kondo speaks of almost everytime he was on screen.
Old 2009-04-24, 10:47   Link #17
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm gonna go with a guess and say the person Saki likes is her sisters husband.
Old 2009-04-24, 11:09   Link #18
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpit View Post
IV connects to IX, then
IV vanishes
, then
II connects to IX, then
I connects to X, and XII connects to III, then
I connects to all the remaining badges with the notable exception of XII (hmmm!), then
V vanishes, then
X vanishes.
Well, there goes IV!
Old 2009-04-24, 11:21   Link #19
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
One very small detail that I picked up: didn't Juiz sound particularly cold when Kondo called one last time to ask about using Akira's phone? The tone is so different from the first time Akira called that I'm forced to think the seiyuu was given instructions to act that very differently in this episode.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the amount of money remaining on the Noblesse phone - after all, Kondo has nothing left to help and turn him into a messiah anymore. But I'm possibly looking too much into it - I was just really shocked by the different "Hai, Juiz desu", which made Juiz sound somewhat... disappointed, I'd say. Can Juiz even have emotions?!
We'll see if the tone is also different if/when another Seleção decides to call Juiz.
i believe she didn't say the line she always say, "noblesse oblige, please continue being a savior" thus giving a hint that she knew the guy was done for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolcat3 View Post
I'm gonna go with a guess and say the person Saki likes is her sisters husband.
That is my guess too, it is obvious she has given up on the guy and there is only one reason for a person to do such thing.
Old 2009-04-24, 11:23   Link #20
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Hey does anyone know who IV sent that text message too?
Closed Thread