AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-16, 11:44   Link #241
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

It seems that Sanya also had a change in Striker..
Maybe it's a Yak-99, another fictional Russian warbird or something) although I really hope its a Yak-9 ~~

I don't know but that's too much for an animation error.
Sanya's previous MiG-60 striker didn't have those inlets that were more apparent.
The MiG-60 did have inlets but were embedded in the Striker's fuselage

Last edited by pauldy; 2010-07-16 at 12:18.
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 11:55   Link #242
Solafighter
Hige

It looks like the Yak-9/UT.

Check the intakes on the wing and under the airplane.
Old 2010-07-16, 17:09   Link #243
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
Maybe it's a Yak-99, another fictional Russian warbird or something) although I really hope its a Yak-9 ~~
<snip>
On the other hand, her partner (Eila)'s unit supposedly had a paintjob......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 17:47   Link #244
azuma-blade
The Dominant

Send a message via Yahoo to azuma-blade
after seing sanya and eila again in season 2 it reminds me of this pic.

Old 2010-07-16, 19:48   Link #245
Francismeunier
Banned

Question

Quote:

Sanya's previous MiG-60 striker didn't have those inlets that were more apparent.

This is all interesting but will it make her striker faster? I would assume the traps allow for more air cooling itself.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 20:11   Link #246
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
You mean you want to see them in a pinch, resulting in them having their clothes ripped apart Ikkitousen-style, right? Tell me I know you that well...
Oooh.. ok, honestly, I didn't even think of that while writing down my post... BUUT... now that you mention it, I sure wouldn't mind that to happen. Hmmm.. witches ripped of their clothes..
ah, one thing you got it right, I'm an Ikki-fan! It wasn't so hard to guess, was it?

Quote:
Actually, we've already seen the first stage of their "evolution": fast- regeneration. Legend foretells that the smaller they are, the faster they regen, so I believe a fast-regenerating Infantry Girl = one tough opponent

Next stage of evolution should be shield-shattering beams. How's that for serious new tactics
LoL, I believe the above are intended as jokes... 'cause if those were your usual predictions, then we can be 100% sure, all of what you said is gonna happen.. sooner or later.

and now, more gifs for you guys. Enjoy the tails!

Last edited by Dahak86; 2010-07-16 at 20:32.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 21:30   Link #247
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
It looks like the Yak-9/UT.

Check the intakes on the wing and under the airplane.
Looks like that's it^ Though I'm still hoping it's no longer a fictional Yakovlev variant or something.. ^^

Some Russian fans do feel left out after Humikane seem to omit their Warbirds in the Strike Witches series..

Practically speaking, the production team of the anime have no choice since the most common Russian warbird flying is the Yak-9. Though I read most of the engines were no longer the native Klimovs.. rather the Allisons useds by the P-38s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
This is all interesting but will it make her striker faster? I would assume the traps allow for more air cooling itself.
If Sanya's New Striker unit is indeed a Yak-9U, then yes. She should probably top at 700kph IAS versus the 640kph IAS tops of the MiG-60 (assuming it's performance is similar to the real word MiG-3)
Old 2010-07-16, 21:53   Link #248
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
LoL, I believe the above are intended as jokes... 'cause if those were your usual predictions, then we can be 100% sure, all of what you said is gonna happen.. sooner or later.

I had to do it, it's the most logical conclusion I can come up with in terms of not repeating the first season

Don't flog me, viewers, in case these do happen

Quote:
and now, more gifs for you guys. Enjoy the tails!
I found it funny how Mio had a little "hole" in her swimsuit for the tail to pop out, heh, seems like a good idea instead of making it magically pop out of nowhere

Quote:
Practically speaking, the production team of the anime have no choice since the most common Russian warbird flying is the Yak-9. Though I read most of the engines were no longer the native Klimovs.. rather the Allisons useds by the P-38s.

If Sanya's New Striker unit is indeed a Yak-9U, then yes. She should probably top at 700kph IAS versus the 640kph IAS tops of the MiG-60 (assuming it's performance is similar to the real word MiG-3)
After noticing these subtle changes so far, I think it's great the production company is actually using upgraded designs instead of re-drawing what we've seen in season 1. Sounds like great extra effort to me
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 22:39   Link #249
SanyaChan

i see lots of sanya pictures O.o but i already have them ^_^ and it thought my eyes were playing tricks when i saw sanya striker o.o thanks for pointing them out ^_^
SanyaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 23:35   Link #250
ramlaen

Quote:

from one of the magazine articles

yoshika = zero (mio's old one?)
lynne = mk22 spitfire
mio = n1k-j shinden
perrine = vg-39
luccini = g55
shirley = p-51d
sanya = MIGi225
gertrude = fw-190D-9
minne = bf109k4
erica = bf109k4
elia = bf109k4
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 01:09   Link #251
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post

lynne = mk22 spitfire
mio = n1k-j shinden
perrine = vg-39
luccini = g55
shirley = p-51d
sanya = MIGi225
gertrude = fw-190D-9
minne = bf109k4
erica = bf109k4
elia = bf109k4
What?? MiG-225????

Does Humikane really dislike or maybe hate Russian Aircraft? (I believe he has the last say on what equipment the characters will use..)
So far the Orussian VVS are the only ones employing Strikers based on NON-EXISTENT Aircraft~

Speaking of which, Witches from the Axis Powers > Witches from the Allies
I can't help smelling a political alignment here.. >_>

Oh well, What can we do.. that's what the guy or they (the AIC Studio) want >_>

Anyway I think Lynette's Striker should have 5 propeller blades now... since the real one has five blades..

Last edited by pauldy; 2010-07-18 at 07:08.
Old 2010-07-17, 01:39   Link #252
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post

lynne = mk22 spitfire
mio = n1k-j shinden
perrine = vg-39
luccini = g55
shirley = p-51d
sanya = MIGi225
gertrude = fw-190D-9
minne = bf109k4
erica = bf109k4
elia = bf109k4
MIGi225. Sure, thats also possible. Modifications do match.

pauldy, the political disscussion already came up in season 1.
"If they wouldnt have the neuroi as enemy, then they would be fighting eachother now."
-"Yeah, like a world war."
(from episode 6)

Old 2010-07-17, 01:57   Link #253
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
MIGi225. Sure, thats also possible. Modifications do match.

pauldy, the political disscussion already came up in season 1.
"If they wouldnt have the neuroi as enemy, then they would be fighting eachother now."
-"Yeah, like a world war."
(from episode 6)

I don't know.. It's just TOO ODD for the other girls in the series to have their Striker Units based on aircraft that existed IRL.. whilst the Orussian girls have theirs based on something that wasn't even in the history books..

I just can't help thinking the Exclusion of Red Star warbirds.. when everyone had their Mustangs, Spitfires, BF109s & Zeroes for strikers...

I remember one russian guy saying that he wish Japan to be bombed by a Tsar Bomb for somewhat omitting their real WWII aircraft and their existence in the Strike Witches story..
and yes, he DID watched Strike Witches or so it seems..^

Somehow I can't help feeling bad for them... seems like some sort of soft discrimination or so...

What I meant political alignment is that, there's more Witches from Fuso or Karlsand than the combined numbers of Witches from Britania, Liberion and Orussia...

As If the Axis Nations Fuso & Karlsland (even Suomos) had more influence and man power globally..

Oh well, It's an alternate world after all ..
Old 2010-07-17, 04:39   Link #254
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
... whilst the Orussian girls have theirs based on something that wasn't even in the history books..

I actually dont pay so much attention on that, but looking at this picture, it says that in the first season the warbird of Sanya are the Mig-1, Mig-3, Yak-1.
Is this information not correct?
Old 2010-07-17, 04:53   Link #255
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Hey man! Wow GIFs! Nice work! BTW Which version did you use for the censored tail? Of course Mio in swimsuit was something. Wonder when the bath times will appear again. Then again I think season 1 showed us all...including a special from one of the guys who uncensored more than the DVD did......did you guys see that at least?
Well though I would make some reactions clear based on parts of episode 2.......let's see, why the heck no one bothered with this=>

amazing Mio art! Yeah I was ready to get excited alright around here=>
Spoiler:
Nice catch Miyafuji there but it was more about Mio's legs=>
Spoiler:

I would agree with Charlotte here more than anything at that time=>
Spoiler:

Well that's more of my thoughts based on the different parts of the episode.

Last edited by Francismeunier; 2010-07-17 at 05:19.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 05:45   Link #256
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Speaking of which, Witches from the Axis Powers > Witches from the Allies
I can't help smelling a political alignment here.. >_>
I think that's only because the girls on the allies side are grossly underrepresented. So many legendary aircraft also on the Allies side..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 06:53   Link #257
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I think that's only because the girls on the allies side are grossly underrepresented. So many legendary aircraft also on the Allies side..
Perhaps this also has to do with their real-life counterparts. Not many legendary fighter pilots, perhaps?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 08:19   Link #258
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
I actually dont pay so much attention on that, but looking at this picture, it says that in the first season the warbird of Sanya are the Mig-1, Mig-3, Yak-1.
Is this information not correct?
Not quite, because the MiG-60 is not necessarily a Yak-1 nor a MiG-1 nor a MiG-3.... It's something else..

If that were the case, they should have made all the basis of the witches' strikers fictional to begin with....
Maybe like Gertrude using a striker unit being influenced by both the Fw190 and the BF109...
though that would kinda feel weird...

but don't get me wrong... Not that this snag in aircraft faithfulness detracts me from watching the show..

My point is that they should have just given Sanya a MiG-3, or an La-7 or maybe a Yak-9 BASED Striker unit~~ Not a culmination or fusion of different aircraft models.. ^^;

Last edited by pauldy; 2010-07-17 at 10:09.
Old 2010-07-17, 17:49   Link #259
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
What?? MiGi225????

Does Humikane really dislike or maybe hate Russian Aircraft? (I believe he has the last say on what equipment the characters will use..)
So far the Orussian VVS are the only ones employing Strikers based on NON-EXISTENT Aircraft~
Well the Soviets are the least likely to gather sympathy from a Japanese point of view. The Axis are nominal allies, the Americans and Western European Allies are post war friends, but Japan has a long history of antagonism towards Russia...

What seems even more wrong to me is idolization of the Yamato! Shouldn't this be inspired by the story of the triumph of Naval Aviation? Isn't this a chance for Kido Butai fans to glorify the real heroes of the Imperial Navy? (^_^)
Old 2010-07-17, 22:08   Link #260
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
Well the Soviets are the least likely to gather sympathy from a Japanese point of view. The Axis are nominal allies, the Americans and Western European Allies are post war friends, but Japan has a long history of antagonism towards Russia...
Would Humikane be executed by some Ultra Nationalists in Japan or something if he made Sanya (and Perhaps Aleksandra too) use a MiG-3 or a Yak-9 based Striker Unit? (LITERALLY ok?, not some fusion/combination model of both Yak & MiG aircraft)

I dunno but his avoidance of Russian Warbirds seems quite obvious when he actually made two versions of the T-34 as Mecha Musume, another Soviet Heavy Tank (which name i forgot..) & the IL-2 Sturmovik.. err... wait.. isn't the IL-2 a russian warbird too?..

Gosh~! I've been expounding on this insignificant snag for so long~
Maybe it's like an eyesore for me personally..
but anyway... I know well that my point and whinnig is moot
So sorry~ ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
What seems even more wrong to me is idolization of the Yamato! Shouldn't this be inspired by the story of the triumph of Naval Aviation? Isn't this a chance for Kido Butai fans to glorify the real heroes of the Imperial Navy? (^_^)
That's why I'm also waiting for it to be sunk be Neuroi.. If she survives the war..
well................................... I'll just assume it's a Japanese bias on their former Military hardware... ^^ which is to be expected ..^

Last edited by pauldy; 2010-07-17 at 22:37.

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume