AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2003-11-12, 15:56   Link #1
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Talking Narutaru DVD

Have you not watched Narutaru yet? Are you not watching it yet because of possibly no Season 2? Have you watched it yet, but are demanding MORE? All of your prayers have been answered! Triad and AnimeOne are proud to release Narutaru 1 - DVD version Hopefully more should come soon, and enjoy. I guess we can really start the new NT discussion in this thread.
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 17:54   Link #2
Briareos

Like I needed an excuse to watch this one again!

Thank you very much guys/gals. I'll be looking forward to every ep (and hoping that the slight scene obscuring borders in ep 3 are omitted on DVD).

For those just getting on the Narutaru boat, the English manga has been renamed "Shadow Star", and is becoming available from Dark Horse Comics. Be warned that the subject matter of the show/manga is very dark and can be quite psychologically powerful.

http://www.darkhorse.com/products/se...tar/index.html
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 20:41   Link #3
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

To clarify some things, the DVD version of NT1 has greatly enhanced video quality (though the dark scenes are still somewhat blurry -- this isn't really an encoding issue on our part, as the DVD itself was pretty blurry). In addition, we took the time to re-edit some lines, and we retimed the entire episode. We also translated all the Japanese credits in the OP and some in the ED, as is Triad's style, and we redid the fansubbers credits to blend in more with the Japanese credits. All in all, this version is far superior to the original in many ways, not just the video quality. We hope you enjoy it! :)
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 22:13   Link #4
NeverRamza

This is awsome. Thanks for the great work on the series! I'll surely be downloading.
NeverRamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 09:33   Link #5
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Since its from DVD source, The sound is much better and cleaner too.

Take Care
Sakaki-
Sakaki- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 15:02   Link #6
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

COOL! Checking it out now

Hey just out of interest I (sort of) translated an Advert for the DVD release that appeared alongside the manga in Afternoon magazine. It said something along the lines of "The second time around you watch this, you'll see more".
Anyone know if this is referring to an uncensored version/extra scenes appearing on DVD ? Or if its just a general comment to say if you look deep enough you'll find the spoilers they planted?

I'd be interested if anyone knew....

If you want to discuss any aspect of the manga version by the way, I've already started this thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=491
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 15:11   Link #7
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
To clarify some things, the DVD version of NT1 has greatly enhanced video quality (though the dark scenes are still somewhat blurry -- this isn't really an encoding issue on our part, as the DVD itself was pretty blurry). In addition, we took the time to re-edit some lines, and we retimed the entire episode. We also translated all the Japanese credits in the OP and some in the ED, as is Triad's style, and we redid the fansubbers credits to blend in more with the Japanese credits. All in all, this version is far superior to the original in many ways, not just the video quality. We hope you enjoy it!
What a lovingly attentive fansub job. You guys are awesome. Kudos, big time!
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 15:46   Link #8
Dragosmore
Translator

Narutaru DVD 2 is out! Triad and AonE present it to you and stuff. This episode has some fixed small translations, better quality video, some new editing, and AKIRA WITH LONG HAIR BEFORE SHE CUT IT Enjoy ^^

Edit: fixed typo (I meant new editing, not new ending ^^;;; )

Last edited by Dragosmore; 2003-12-05 at 20:33.
Old 2003-12-05, 15:53   Link #9
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Wee!!! Narutaru in DVD!! YAY!! Strange or otherwise, I absolutely loved this series!!
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 16:04   Link #10
marin

So, wait, there is new footage in the DVD release?
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 20:25   Link #11
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

No, there's no new footage. Drago is just a dork and spelled "editing" wrong.
Old 2003-12-08, 21:30   Link #12
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
No, there's no new footage. Drago is just a dork and spelled "editing" wrong.
We'll see when we get to EP 3 as to whether there will be any changes at all....

Old 2003-12-08, 23:05   Link #13
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

I scanned the NT3 DVD raw, and I don't see any changes. There's no new scenes, if that's what you mean. And the "blue fog" obscuring part of the screen towards the end of the ep remains in place if that's what you mean (even though it doesn't really obscure much of anything, since very little blood ever appears in the series anyway). If you're referring to something else, let me know and I'll check.
Old 2003-12-09, 18:03   Link #14
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
I scanned the NT3 DVD raw, and I don't see any changes. There's no new scenes, if that's what you mean. And the "blue fog" obscuring part of the screen towards the end of the ep remains in place if that's what you mean (even though it doesn't really obscure much of anything, since very little blood ever appears in the series anyway). If you're referring to something else, let me know and I'll check.
I guess thats pretty much confirmed it then, if there were going to be any changes I would have expected them to have started by occuring in those scenes....hmm Although it could just be my memory but did we ever see Miyako Tatsumi and Satou Aki (two of the Government agents) in the series?

PS as you Triad guys are so cool you wouldn't happen to know of anywhere I can order the 2004 Narutaru calendar from? All my usual sources have run dry and most of the online places I know are sold out...

My Hoshimaru wont be happy if I cant get hold of it.....

Yeah you might think he looks placcid....... but can you really trust those eyes???

Last edited by tsurumaru; 2003-12-09 at 18:18.
Old 2003-12-09, 19:22   Link #15
Dragosmore
Translator

I Want One. @_@