AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-10-26, 23:48   Link #1221
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
An advert for the nitro+ game.
Then, that isn't Shu is it? Or did I get the entire premise of the Nitro+ game wrong when I thought it was supposed to be a side-story concerning the Lost Christmas event ten years prior to the anime? Because Inori certainly doesn't look like she's six in that picture.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 23:56   Link #1222
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Then, that isn't Shu is it? Or did I get the entire premise of the Nitro+ game wrong when I thought it was supposed to be a side-story concerning the Lost Christmas event ten years prior to the anime? Because Inori certainly doesn't look like she's six in that picture.
No idea. I haven't looked into it a lot, but the scenario is being supervised by Hagane Jun (鋼屋ジン) who was a scenario writer for Demonbane and Dra+Koi. I haven't played those games, but maybe someone can infer some settings from that.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 23:59   Link #1223
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
No idea. I haven't looked into it a lot, but the scenario is being supervised by Hagane Jun (鋼屋ジン) who was a scenario writer for Demonbane and Dra+Koi.
Well, if that isn't Shu in the promo pic for an event that happened ten years in the past, and Inori hasn't aged in ten years, then maybe she really is a freak of some kind and is the same girl we see in Shu's flashbacks.

That picture has me so confused!
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 00:30   Link #1224
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
So is Shu going to pull a Simon and become badass later after a timeskip?

Spoiler for magazine pic:

Where did this come from?
Well maybe the guy isn't Shu, and the girl isn't Inori.

And it is set ten years before the anime.

Spoiler for Character:
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 00:43   Link #1225
Xion Valkyrie

That's kind of disappointing...
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 01:06   Link #1226
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

The dude's name (codename?) is Scrooge; the girl who looks like Inori is Present. The one in the middle is Carol.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 01:07   Link #1227
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Well maybe the guy isn't Shu, and the girl isn't Inori.

And it is set ten years before the anime.

Spoiler for Character:
Wait, the main character of the Lost Christmas game is called Scrooge, the Inori lookalike is Carol and the other girl is Present? They sure ran with the Christmas theme.

EDIT: Ninja'd by a minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
The dude's name (codename?) is Scrooge; the girl who looks like Inori is Present. The one in the middle is Carol.
No, the Inori lookalike is Carol. Same hat, hair and clothes from the colour spread above.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 01:50   Link #1228
Morisato

Why did Shu have the vial in his pocket? Made no sense. It was inside the robot before they left to look for Gai, then suddenly he decides to take it out... why?
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 01:53   Link #1229
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I must said the VN lead looked more interesting than anyone in anime
And he looked so damn cool
Old 2011-10-27, 02:07   Link #1230
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
So is Shu going to pull a Simon and become badass later after a timeskip?

Spoiler for magazine pic:

Where did this come from?
Carol's outfit is so ridiculous. How does that even BEGIN to make sense? lmao
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 04:08   Link #1231
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Carol's outfit is so ridiculous. How does that even BEGIN to make sense? lmao
Now that I looked at it a bit closer, she's not actually baring her full front side. I think that entire area is actually just skin tight latex, because it's of a slightly different color than her skin. So actually she's fully covered up!
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 04:10   Link #1232
wm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
Why did Shu have the vial in his pocket? Made no sense. It was inside the robot before they left to look for Gai, then suddenly he decides to take it out... why?
Plot device, perhaps.

Also, Shuu might not want the vial to drop off when he use the rice cooker as a flashlight.
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 10:01   Link #1233
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm4 View Post
Plot device, perhaps.

Also, Shuu might not want the vial to drop off when he use the rice cooker as a flashlight.
Plus Shu is much more agile that he can run faster than Fyunel? Though it's much safer from getting broken inside fyunel but in the midst of all that explosion. That robot might get caught in it. Just like when Inori first hide it inside and run. Well they both get thrown out by the explosion the same time.
Old 2011-10-27, 10:04   Link #1234
wm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Plus Shu is much more agile that he can run faster than Fyunel?....
It was pretty dark.
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 10:14   Link #1235
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
No idea. I haven't looked into it a lot, but the scenario is being supervised by Hagane Jun (鋼屋ジン) who was a scenario writer for Demonbane and Dra+Koi. I haven't played those games, but maybe someone can infer some settings from that.
*Fangasms*

OK I'M IN
Old 2011-10-27, 10:16   Link #1236
tsunade666

The sewer is indeed dark but it's pretty wide for you to run. Then if it's in the building where he need to meet guy. It's also spacious to run.
Old 2011-10-27, 11:01   Link #1237
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
As an aside, can anyone familiar enough with Japanese please have a look at what episode 2's 4koma is all about?
Panel 1:

"Bailout" is an emergency measure to protect the operator of the Endlave (dunno how to translate their term for mecha. It's probably wrong...)

Tsugumi: Aa...Sweets detected!

Ayase: Don't go eating them on your own accord...

Panel 2:

Tsugumi: It'll be fine. The genome department's creme brulee is delicious!

Ayase: Ara?

Panel 3:

Gai's use. Those eat it will be culled. By Shibungi

Panel 4:

Shibungi: Gai, here's the preparations for tea.

Tsugumi/Ayase: BAILOUT!! Faster! Faster!!
Old 2011-10-27, 12:12   Link #1238
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
I just rewatched ep1 and was struck again by the many small illogicalities. The things I enjoy about the show make up for them, but they are pretty striking. Has anyone mentioned that he did not seem to be facing the mecha when it shot and broke the vial? How did the vial get broken? And even if he had been facing it, would any shot not have blown him to smithereens along with the vial?

Episode 3 just finished broadcasting in Japan a few minutes ago.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 12:14   Link #1239
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I just rewatched ep1 and was struck again by the many small illogicalities. The things I enjoy about the show make up for them, but they are pretty striking. Has anyone mentioned that he did not seem to be facing the mecha when it shot and broke the vial? How did the vial get broken? And even if he had been facing it, would any shot not have blown him to smithereens along with the vial?
Well here's my half assed theory about that.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 12:18   Link #1240
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
http://www.koi-nya.net/2011/10/22/pr...ost-christmas/

"Guilty Crown: Lost Christmas (ギルティクラウンロストクリスマス), the visual novel from Nitroplus universe based on the Crown Guilty , which was announced before the anime itself, has some more information.

That has produced some scans reveal that the story takes place 10 years before the anime (or it is sensed, the scan is cut) and talks about the characters.

Scrooge (スクルージ), the protagonist, you can use Null Genome. In addition, his wife, Carol (キャロル), whose appearance is suspiciously similar to Inori, has the Null's Power King, so that Scrooge can use the same power of Shu in the anime.

The story starts with Scrooge escape the laboratory where they had retained. Carol was also in the same place, so they both run away together. In the scan appears a third person, called "Present" (プレゼント), "gift" or "present" in English. Under his apparently harmless, is a killer with a brutal force that relentlessly pursue and Carol Scrooge. Also in the scan are some Endlaves (the strands of the universe of GC). With the "present" and the hero's name can be glimpsed references to Christmas game."

BTW, Carol here reminds me Noel from BlazBlue a bit.

Last edited by Iby; 2011-10-27 at 12:31.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig