AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-10-31, 22:39   Link #7041
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

..::ATTENTION!!!::..

A Certain World of Darkness has been updated.

..::THAT IS ALL!!!::..

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 19:05   Link #7042
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

Nice! I've been looking forward to this~

And Touma is actually getting paid? I somehow get the feeling that despite that, his financial situation wouldn't improve too much...

On another note, it looks like he wouldn't receive any form of training? So does that mean he'd be developing (as a combatant) much like in canon?
Old 2014-11-01, 19:06   Link #7043
FlyingCow65

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
..::ATTENTION!!!::..

A Certain World of Darkness has been updated.

..::THAT IS ALL!!!::..
Holy F*cking Yes!

Amazing chap Ferret, as always, and did a felt some tsu tsun vibes coming from the Number 4?
Old 2014-11-01, 19:29   Link #7044
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrum023 View Post
On another note, it looks like he wouldn't receive any form of training? So does that mean he'd be developing (as a combatant) much like in canon?
Yes, he's gonna develop as a combatant very much like how he did in canon. He'll learn a few things as times goes on, things he pretty much gets strong-armed into learning. But, outside of those things, he'll develop the same as he did in Old Testament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCow65 View Post
Amazing chap Ferret, as always, and did a felt some tsun tsun vibes coming from the Number 4?
Where did you feel that vibe? No, seriously, where does that vibe feel strongest. I'm curious now.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 19:45   Link #7045
FlyingCow65

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Yes, he's gonna develop as a combatant very much like how he did in canon. He'll learn a few things as times goes on, things he pretty much gets strong-armed into learning. But, outside of those things, he'll develop the same as he did in Old Testament.

Where did you feel that vibe? No, seriously, where does that vibe feel strongest. I'm curious now.
When she tells Frenda to keep quiet about the money, she felt that Touma had to be rewarded for his interruption in the batle. BUt I guess that´s my POV, still wonderful job.
Old 2014-11-02, 08:22   Link #7046
Inept Forum User

Just been wondering about two things:
  • Are there any Toaru FFs involving Hyakumonogatari Kaidankai?
  • Just wondering, how do people reckon a zombie epidemic would play out in Toaru (in AC?)? Do you reckon it would be any different from the usual, or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
If I wrote something called "Academy City Horror Story", how many people would want to pitch in a drabble to make it a collective work? Just curious.
Quote:
Ghost stories with an Academy City angle is what I'm imagining. Really, there aren't many restrictions other than it being a Halloween-ish title. Honestly, I feel like I can write something creepy right now, so a collection of thematically "creepy" ideas would be nice.
Sounds interesting. (though I probably wouldn't be able to help at all)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Well thanks, I did think about using the Groundhound day loop concept (That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French is one of my favorite Stephen King's story) before changing my mind since it's kinda cliché and technically already happened in the ToAru verse with NT9. Rather, I'm thinking of using one of the more disturbing urban legends of Academy City.
Just out of curiosity, did you have a specific one in mind?
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 11:54   Link #7047
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Just been wondering about two things:
  • Just wondering, how do people reckon a zombie epidemic would play out in Toaru (in AC?)? Do you reckon it would be any different from the usual, or not?
it would be interesting to see/read how the normal students are panicking and trying to survive people like accel would only be annoyed, the zombies would be easier killed than normal humans

well, but it could be dangerous for him if on of the 9982 sisters turned into a zombie

my question:
regrading the "brain into animal and having a new body" thing from NT11:

Is it possible to do this by humans too? because it sounds really cool to have some ruthless kiharas taking over the body of accel, touma, shiage and than messing around with aleisters plan
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 18:41   Link #7048
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Just out of curiosity, did you have a specific one in mind?
Three, in fact:
  • Specimen #502
  • Forbidden Name
  • The one about not crossing between the school district boundaries (Imaginary Number District)

And probably try and see what could be done about "that" which is under direct control of Tokiwadai Middle School's Student Council .
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 04:37   Link #7049
R.LocK
My turn

I've fallen behind. I need to catch up with Darkness...

Yes, you did use that phrase with Frenda flipping out about actually being a high school student!

Last edited by R.LocK; 2014-11-04 at 12:32.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 18:18   Link #7050
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Didn't somebody already write a ToumaXKonori pairing?

I can't find any on ff.net
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 01:15   Link #7051
FlyingCow65

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Didn't somebody already write a ToumaXKonori pairing?

I can't find any on ff.net
Twist of Fate, has Misaki and Seria as childhood friends with Touma, there´s a harem there, consisting of MIsaki, Seria, Himegami, Musujime, Othinus(small), Konori, I think Kongou fell for him.

Spoiler for SPOILER! DON´T READ UNLESS YOU ARE READY:
Old 2014-11-09, 04:01   Link #7052
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm looking for Konori as the main. There was a judgement Touma though right? Who's his harem there?
Old 2014-11-10, 01:30   Link #7053
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

This is who is in the harem of Twist of Fate: Misaki, Seria, Konori, Himegami, Musujime, Itsuwa(needs a last name already), Shutaura Sequenzia, Nunotaba Shinobu, Ureapaddy Exica, Cendrillon, Othi-chan, Misaka(of course), Kongou Mitsuko fell for him, Oriana Thomson(unkown), Kanzaki Kaori(implied).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCow65 View Post
Spoiler for SPOILER! DON´T READ UNLESS YOU ARE READY:
I don't take that as real. I think Mr. time traveler just said that to use Gunha to anchor down TouMAN during that ghost incident so he doesn't do anything stupid.

@demino I seem to remember one with that theme a while back. I think it was abandoned since there hasn't been an update for a really long time.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 06:23   Link #7054
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I imagined Touma and Konori having this duality in their view of justice. Touma wants to right the wrong in front of him to assure a happy ending. Konori rights the situation as seen from the bigger picture so her viewpoint is slightly more distant
Old 2014-11-10, 19:25   Link #7055
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Finally got around to this...Yay me.

If anyone wants to read a fanfic on the Dark May Project, then I direct you to this: Aura Eclipse Æ. Input is appreciated. Thanks to the very little information we have on the Dark May Project, I'm curious about what other people imagined--I want to account for all perspectives reasonably if I continue this. I already know I need to add 'marks' into it and find a way to interpret those vague comments Kuroyoru made in NT1 Chapter 5...

silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 18:25   Link #7056
LevelSeven

does anyone know the US-series "Haven"?

i really like it and the concept with the troubles and forcing the people to finally become one with their true emotions/feelings isnt actually new but quie interesting

so...

i have a request to anyone who knows the series: (and the ones who dont know it, Watch It, it is worth the time :] )
which kind of problem would be most interesting for which char of toaru?
-touma could have the "speak no evil" trouble which closes (it stichtes them up) the mouth, eyes and ears of anyone who tries to say him anything that he dont want to accept...
-accel could have the one which duke showed in the last episode, where everything around the user starts to heat themselfes until the user finally dies, it always happens if the user feels lonely etc. (the series explains it better)
-shiage would have the "earhquake" trouble

im not sure what the others should have....
maybe gunha with the trouble to "control others with his voice"
Old 2014-12-11, 13:47   Link #7057
Draco Spirit

Here's a idea for a festive fanfic.

Have Mikoto teamed up with Uiharu, doing Christmas Judgement peace keeping, with Mikoto dressed up as snowman or something similar to hide her identity.

Then have them meet Accelerator and Last Order, with Mikoto seeing the better side of Accelerator for the first time and then fill it full of feels.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 00:35   Link #7058
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Time traveling shenanigans where LO and Fremea meet child versions of the three heroes.

shota-Touma is depressive and brooding with a violent streak. ( Based on comments from Komoe that Touma was a troublemaker )

shota-Accel is a normalfag who just wants to fit in and comes across as optimistic about making friends in the future.

shota-Hamazura is a full blown chuunibyou who's desperately preparing for an awakening of his dormant powers.
Old 2014-12-22, 05:26   Link #7059
LevelSeven

Quote:
Time traveling shenanigans where LO and Fremea meet child versions of the three heroes.

shota-Touma is depressive and brooding with a violent streak. ( Based on comments from Komoe that Touma was a troublemaker )

shota-Accel is a normalfag who just wants to fit in and comes across as optimistic about making friends in the future.

shota-Hamazura is a full blown chuunibyou who's desperately preparing for an awakening of his dormant powers.
sounds cool would be awesome if they actually have a big impact on the three heroes, btw, you should add index into it since we need the 3 lolis of the heroes
and after coming back to the future they suddenly have 180° changed MC's

i give my thumbs up even if it becomes a crack!Fic, the amount of storys with LO/fremea as MC's are actually so small it would be awesome to see some changes
Old 2014-12-22, 10:57   Link #7060
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

^Fraulein might be a better fit since they're all friends.

I like the idea of dealing with the childhood personalities of certain characters. I'm pretty sure Accel used to look forward making friends and Hamazura used to dream of being an crazy powerful esper. Along with a darker, bullied Touma, there's something special about humor with a dash of soul-crushing irony.

But rather than 180, I'd think it would be funny if time traveling shenanigans contributed to their current personalities. Like Fremea introducing the naive easily queasy shota-Accel to violent videogames which in turn made him apathetic to gore in the future.

Last edited by rubix22; 2014-12-22 at 11:09.
rubix22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction