Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-02, 04:55   Link #301
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Wall Street Fight IV is the most amazing thing I've seen today lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 14:48   Link #302
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornix View Post
Oh, it's not just you. Almost every match I've played is like that, too. I find it fun every now and then to not chase them and to jump over their fireballs. Eventually they will get fed up and come to me where I'll have easy pickings.
You know what's also another surprisingly good tactic? Taunting your opponent when they are staying back. It's hilarious to see them coming at you all hastily with a rage as if they've taken your taunt really personally.

But yeah, the key trick to beating turtlers is that you have to have patience and good zoning. If you begin to play recklessly and very offensively against them, then you are just taking their bait. Just relax, and when you finally get in on them, that is when you can severely punish them. My main right now is E. Honda and I've encountered plenty of shoto scrubs that do nothing but stay back all day. But once I've gotten in on them, I force them into the corner and do not let them escape. I then proceed to beat them down relentlessly with cross-ups, anti airs, and good aerial tactics to keep them from jumping over me and moving to the opposite corner. The matches are over fairly quickly when that happens and I emerge the victor.
Old 2009-03-03, 20:01   Link #303
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

After using Sakura in some ranked matches(She's good but I'm more effective with Cammy). I'm sticking to Cammy as my main. Finally figured out I can hit Blanka after I block that one move when he spins toward you with spiral arrow. Cannon strike=mix-up game=win. Been confusing many people with it. Still around 2800 BPs, been stuck between 2700 and 2800 BPs today. Most the matches I lose, are ones that I should be winning.

Also beware of Gen users with that overhead jump attack. It can lead to a 3 hit combo to his super to his ultra. If you can stop that overhead for most the match, you have a high chance of winning.
Old 2009-03-03, 22:19   Link #304
karasuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Wall Street Fight IV is the most amazing thing I've seen today lol
Glad you like it...
karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 13:45   Link #305
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Also beware of Gen users with that overhead jump attack. It can lead to a 3 hit combo to his super to his ultra. If you can stop that overhead for most the match, you have a high chance of winning.
Gen seems to be quite crappy so far in this game, so I wouldn't worry too much about him. Pretty much all of his attacks have low priority, a lot of his moves are not safe on block, and he doesn't do good damage either.
Old 2009-03-04, 14:20   Link #306
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
I watched my brother play against a pretty good Gen the other night. The guy gave his Chun a good work out. He still has a great cross up at least.

I had a great set of matches last night against a Dahlsim/Ryu/Chun player, N Dru. One negative was that he jumped too much, but still a good player (especially with sim). Even mentioned that I was the best Viper player he's faced.
Old 2009-03-04, 23:06   Link #307
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I had a bad day today. I went from 2700 Bps to 3000 BPs then all the way down to 2400 Bps. This is because I started to use Akuma after doing all of his trials. It was fun though using raging demon on people. Made my way back to 2700 Bps by using Cammy again. For some reason earlier today, I couldn't do my cannon spike when someone jump toward me. It was strange.
Old 2009-03-05, 17:22   Link #308
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i cant win a single ranked match , the ps3 controller is tough to pull off moves, especially with the controls for someone like vega and bison
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 21:17   Link #309
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Fun game, I like it. Dunno if I'm gonna devote time to it, its cool you can still kara-throw like in 3S, and Akuma looks much better in this then previous installments, ST double air hadou trap seems to be amazingly effective in this.

Ken is mid-tier which is surprising, and Ryu is top. All the stuff that made Ken top in 3S, Ryu has and all the stuff that made Ryu mid Ken has now, funny stuff. Freaky Friday in a fighting game.

Abel is cool, fun and nice. Gief is too scrub friendly, sim is nice.

Uhm... Daigo needs to stop playing ST Ryu and start playing SFIV along with everyone else.

That is all I guess.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 23:46   Link #310
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Daigo does play SFIV and he uses Ryu. There's matches on YouTube I'm sure.
Old 2009-03-06, 00:14   Link #311
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Doesn't Daigo have the most BPs in Japan for SFIV? I heard that somewhere.
Old 2009-03-06, 00:35   Link #312
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornix View Post
Daigo does play SFIV and he uses Ryu. There's matches on YouTube I'm sure.
I guess I should say Daigo needs to stop playing Ryu like ST Ryu and start playing Ryu like SFIV Ryu.

And ya as far as I know Daigo still has the most BP.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 00:37   Link #313
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

I wish Daigo could play Ryu like he played his Sol way back when.

His Sol >> any of his Ryus.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 05:53   Link #314
Westlo
Lets be reality

Why should Daigo change his Ryu style when he's the best Ryu in Japan and arguably the best player who has the most battlepoints. Imagine if Daigo was playing Sagat ffs...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 09:22   Link #315
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I played this at my friend to check out if it was worth buying. I ended up loaning Street fighter anniversary for the ps2(for street fighter 3rd strike) from my friend. I like the SFIII(3rdstrike)/SFAIII specials more. :| It also seems as far as 2d fighters go I like them in 2d graphics(I found this out after playing SF4). Oh well there's always King of fighters XII coming up. I'm not that amped for blazblue since the characters are too generic for my taste, but the gameplay might turn out great.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 22:02   Link #316
karasuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i cant win a single ranked match , the ps3 controller is tough to pull off moves, especially with the controls for someone like vega and bison
You really need a stick and they are all sold out at this moment.
Old 2009-03-07, 11:49   Link #317
Westlo
Lets be reality

Coming from someone who nearly smashed his ds3 in the first ten minutes of playing SF IV on ps3... (because I was so used to playing this at arcades) you don't need a stick unless you're using advanced moves like kara throwing, focus dash cancel attack etc, a stick just makes things easier and quicker as well as opening up more options, it's not god mode and it won't turn you into Daigo.

That being said I feel like I can play at least 15-20% better with a stick over a ds3. I can't kara throw period on a ds3 (and since I play Ken who has an amazing Kara throw this really annoys me) whereas I can kara throw at will in the arcades, using your thumb for face buttons and pressing crappy and awkward triggers sucks compared to having an entire hand over 6 buttons.... the way I have to set up my ds3 means I fuck up my taunt sometimes too And I just want to add that learning C Viper on a ds3 is painful since to cancel her moves you need to press 2 punches right after and it's just so much easier at arcades/using a stick.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 12:59   Link #318
karasuma

I also home my skill at arcades. The whole point of street fighter being fun is the ability to pull off combos. If the stick allow you to do that a lot better. That's where the added value at....
Old 2009-03-07, 19:33   Link #319
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Coming from someone who nearly smashed his ds3 in the first ten minutes of playing SF IV on ps3... (because I was so used to playing this at arcades) you don't need a stick unless you're using advanced moves like kara throwing, focus dash cancel attack etc, a stick just makes things easier and quicker as well as opening up more options, it's not god mode and it won't turn you into Daigo.

That being said I feel like I can play at least 15-20% better with a stick over a ds3. I can't kara throw period on a ds3 (and since I play Ken who has an amazing Kara throw this really annoys me) whereas I can kara throw at will in the arcades, using your thumb for face buttons and pressing crappy and awkward triggers sucks compared to having an entire hand over 6 buttons.... the way I have to set up my ds3 means I fuck up my taunt sometimes too And I just want to add that learning C Viper on a ds3 is painful since to cancel her moves you need to press 2 punches right after and it's just so much easier at arcades/using a stick.
Sadly there's barely any arcade here anymore (only a few good ones left in Italy, but the arcade scene has been pretty much dead since a long time), so I already got myself a stick for PS3 time ago (the VSHG, sweet stick by the way). I agree that certain characters and certain feats can only be pulled off efficiently on a stick though. Some people say it's just a matter of preference, but as you said there are characters that are not exactly pad-friendly. C. Viper is one of them, but I'd also add charge characters as well as I think they are far more comfortable to use with a stick.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 04:33   Link #320
jedinat

I don't understand why the button illustrations/descriptions for the moves are so, so obtuse. And I cannot link a freaking medium punch to a hakuden for the life of me (managed to do it twice but have no idea how), let alone some actual combos. It's a frustrating game, but I do like it (got it a couple days ago). Where is the step-by-step tutorial showing you exactly how and when/what to press, and the distances you need to be away from the character, etc.?! It seems half the game is playing "discover the game mechanic," which was probably fun 20 years ago, but kind of questionable in a modern game.

I'm thinking that much of the "enjoyment" is derived from some sort-of catharsis that occurs every time you break through the invisible walls the game constantly sets up before you. Even on medium that bastard Seth's death sent me into an almost violent relief. This game is frustrating but it is also the first fighting game that genuinely makes me want to move beyond the button-mashing stage.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capcom, fighting, ps3, recycling, windows, xbox360