Notices

Old 2010-01-06, 08:22   Link #2661
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahitschris View Post
just beat god of war 2.... CANT WAIT FOR FRIGGING 3
you and countless more +1

bayonetta was shipped yesterday afternoon, I should have it today or tomorrow. Hope its worth it.
Old 2010-01-08, 02:53   Link #2662
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Having played Bayonetta as much as I have... Jaffe and co. have a lot of work to do to live up to the level of Bayonetta. And outside of story telling and pacing, I don't think they're gonna bring the heat Bayonetta does.

Good luck GOW3 you're gonna need it.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 04:25   Link #2663
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki View Post
Good luck GOW3 you're gonna need it.
I think that the selling points of God Of War III differs from those of Bayonetta.

For one thing, the over-the-top epicness of Bayonetta has not make me saturated in regards for more blood of greek gods and other mythical creatures in GOW III. And I can never imagine Kratos strutting any of those acrobat moves Bayo pull out.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 04:49   Link #2664
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I think that the selling points of God Of War III differs from those of Bayonetta.

For one thing, the over-the-top epicness of Bayonetta has not make me saturated in regards for more blood of greek gods and other mythical creatures in GOW III. And I can never imagine Kratos strutting any of those acrobat moves Bayo pull out.
Yeah I always got that feeling too, strangely enough they appeal to different people. GoWIII is more a cinematic experience, it's for provoking that epic, brutal feel. While Bayonetta is more a game in the traditional sense, you play it for the gameplay and derive fun from mastering the game and have a lot more freedom in how you tackle your enemies.

My impressions of GoW is largely based on previous installments, for obvious reasons. I'll be surprised if they completely remade the way combat works.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 04:52   Link #2665
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
btw you guys, the best Action character by far is Rhino http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLkhodGNlQs his Bolt action is scary awesome. oh wait..i mean Raiden I do pray metal Gear raising will be good, if not.. heads are gonna role if they don't super up Raiden to match Snake's bad assery.
Well, from mgs4 on, there can only be a downgrade for Raiden. I mean he doesn't have his cybernetic legs anymore, so there'll be no more swinging geckoes around...unless Rising's gonna take place before mgs4.
Old 2010-01-08, 08:10   Link #2666
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Well, from mgs4 on, there can only be a downgrade for Raiden. I mean he doesn't have his cybernetic legs anymore, so there'll be no more swinging geckoes around...unless Rising's gonna take place before mgs4.
actually the body at the end with his family is also cyborg, just more human for a more modern life. he can prob get his Cyborg ninja suit back at any time. and I think it takes place before, during and prob after MGS4.

Quote:

with that much muscle I wouldn't doubt if Kratos cant even do a split each of the games DMC,Bay,GoW has their own epicness to them, DMC has bad assery dante who shows off a lot and mocks his enemys, bayonnetta (not sure yet but definaly OP lol) and Kratos has the brutal awesome story and gory/brutal killing.
Old 2010-01-12, 13:52   Link #2667
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Question regarding region compability

I'm gonna fly to philippines soon (finally vacation woot!) and I was wondering if I could purchase some goodies for my german PS3 (slim) while I'm there. Afaik all games are region free, so there shouldn't be a problem ... or is there?
And for blurays ... there are regionfree one's and some that are not? I found some contradicting infos googling the matter so I'm asking the experts here ^^

As far as I see it, the region code for whatever I get there would be A/1, while my beloved Blackbox is meant for B/2 - so does that mean with movies, I can only use the regionfree ones? Do they have a special label?
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 16:25   Link #2668
yeahitschris

you guys see the new scans? Poseidon! (scans are in jap though)

Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-12, 20:48   Link #2669
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahitschris View Post
you guys see the new scans? Poseidon! (scans are in jap though)

Spoiler:
its chinese if you don't know, but anyways it looks awesome
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 23:20   Link #2670
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

looks like GoW3 already beat Bayonetta XD
Old 2010-01-12, 23:40   Link #2671
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Of course it was going to beat it graphically, combat-wise well not so much. Still gonna play it sense I love series but even as a fan gotta say the combat is a few notches below NG, DMC and Bayonetta.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 23:54   Link #2672
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
I see myself going back to Bayonetta once in a while to unlock stuffs, best my scorings, etc.

As for GoW 3, maybe just beat it on the highest difficulty setting and be done with it. I mean it's like that with Uncharted 2 for me despite how critical acclaimed it was.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 00:33   Link #2673
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
I see myself going back to Bayonetta once in a while to unlock stuffs, best my scorings, etc.

As for GoW 3, maybe just beat it on the highest difficulty setting and be done with it. I mean it's like that with Uncharted 2 for me despite how critical acclaimed it was.
Bayonetta was the opposite to me finished it on normal and dont feel like playing it again. thus why i only buy games like Dragon Age and Mass effect or MMORPG's

i dont see how Uncharted 2 is sooooo popular. it wasnt that awesome. specialy the story. the graphics and characters were good.
Old 2010-01-16, 14:34   Link #2674
yeahitschris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
its chinese if you don't know, but anyways it looks awesome
oh LOLOLOL. thought it was jap /fail haha
Old 2010-01-17, 02:32   Link #2675
plmko

Quote:
Bayonetta was the opposite to me finished it on normal and dont feel like playing it again. thus why i only buy games like Dragon Age and Mass effect or MMORPG's

i dont see how Uncharted 2 is sooooo popular. it wasnt that awesome. specialy the story. the graphics and characters were good.
Different tastes mate, for me Uncharted was fantastic and defined the very reason we play video games: solid gameplay mechanics and good production values (not necessarily high budget). However games that you enjoyed: Dragon Age or MMOs I find digusting and can't see how you can sit there watching the character do glitchy repititive animations that "represent" fighting.

But yeah I agree with Bayonetta, at most it was good, but I felt there were more cringe moments than grin moments. So I also do not see myself ever playing it again.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 02:55   Link #2676
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I'm in some deficit for money here, and need some help...I'm thinking of buying a new game for my PS3, but considering the amount of money that I have, I can only buy one game for a while.

The problem is, I don't know what game that I should get. Should I take a RPG first, or something that can be played by many people ? I'm also near some final tests for just a few months again..so, I just want to play something that is easy to beat and is quite fun. Not to mention a game that doesn't take too much time to finish.

At first, I was thinking to save my money so I could buy Valkyria or Star Ocean when it'll come out...but considering my situation, I don't think it's wise to buy it because it might take a long time to beat. So...I'm reconsidering to buy something else, but I don't know which one should I bought >w<

Disgaea 3....impossible, that one will literally take my life. Should I just take Cross Edge ? or should I buy Gundam Musou or some KOEI games so that I can play it with my friend ? orz

And what's this about Uncharted and Bayonetta ? Is it good and don't take too much time to beat it ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 03:21   Link #2677
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Uncharted is a great single player experience and its length imo was just right for the type of game you might want, it wasn't so long that you felt like you had to drone on just to finish the damn thing but not so short you feel like you wasted 60 bucks. It has a very solid story and the character dialogue is alive and fresh, hell sometimes Drake says what YOU are thinking, which adds to the great sense of humor the game has.

Also with Uncharted you get "unlocks" by acquiring treasures or playing online multiplayer, which adds a lot of longevity to the title.

Hands down Uncharted is the best single player experience this generation of games has given us.

Bayonetta on the other hand is an amazing action game thats fast paced and hard as hell. It has a much steeper learning curve then Uncharted, and if you play it on Hard or Infinite Climax Mode, good luck. If you loved Devil May Cry 1 AND 3 then this is pretty much a no brainer as the man behind it is the same person as those two games.

Also Bayonetta by many accounts has "technical problems" compared to the 360 version such as muddy graphics and lots of loading time. The general consensus is the 360 version is the "better" version. But the demo for Bayonetta is out so you can download it and see for yourself the game plays EXACTLY as the demo so if you love the demo, and Hideki's work then Bayonetta is a safe bet.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 04:27   Link #2678
yeahitschris

just rent uncharted one, you can beat it within 5 days im pretty sure. took me 2 days of playing around 5 hours a day. took me the whole 5 days to unlcok all trophies (unless you a trophy whore like me ) as for buying star ocean/valkyria, why not just wait for final fantasy xiii? coming out in march.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iTcpMtV79w
^ Lighting's summon, Odin. cant wait for this game. btw anyone know if there is a collectors edition?
Old 2010-01-17, 12:34   Link #2679
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iTcpMtV79w
^ Lighting's summon, Odin. cant wait for this game. btw anyone know if there is a collectors edition?
For european release - yes.
No details about what it's special about it yet, though.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 12:58   Link #2680
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post

At first, I was thinking to save my money so I could buy Valkyria or Star Ocean when it'll come out...but considering my situation, I don't think it's wise to buy it because it might take a long time to beat. So...I'm reconsidering to buy something else, but I don't know which one should I bought >w<

Disgaea 3....impossible, that one will literally take my life. Should I just take Cross Edge ? or should I buy Gundam Musou or some KOEI games so that I can play it with my friend ? orz
I actually played Star Ocean 2 and 3 to its original end once and moved on wtihout knowing there were multiple endings. If the first 3 are any indication, number 4 should be no different.

Disgaea 1 and 2: finishing just the regular game should only take like a week. It's possible to completely finish the first 2 if you caputre strong enemies.
Disgaea 3 I'm getting into eventually (If I can just stay away from BlazBlue long enough). I think on cruise control it should only take 6 months or 1 year to completely finish Disgaea 3 even with the added chapters.

Haven't yet checked out Cross Edge, but if the extra dungeons are not that difficult, this game should take half as long as Disgaea 3.

I pick up games that will keep me addicted rather than games that I end up finishing almost right away. It may save money short term, but if held on to for too long, won't have too much value for the next game.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-01-17 at 13:18.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony