AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-09-15, 13:30   Link #5661
RDNexus

Was Nigredo supposed to appear in this episode, according to the LN plot?
If so, then all hopes, most likely, have been shot down...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 13:38   Link #5662
luffyxnami

The anime also left some stuff like ainz and albedo have an world item themselves plus it barely talk about the "twenty" or how many world items aog have. Nigredo can still appear next episode so it might be fine but the problem is rubedo, they just change her role or they might outright remove her. From what I remember the next episode should be the fight so I have no idea what the last episode will be about, I doubt they are going to drag the fight out to the point that it last two episode are they? Well, if they do that it would be so much better than them using it to adapt vol4. But seriously if they are going to do either, I wish they would have stick more closer to the novel cause they have enough episode left to make a perfect adaptation.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 13:58   Link #5663
Lovespoo

Yea the anime left out alot of stuff not enough time i gues.
Lovespoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 14:04   Link #5664
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovespoo View Post
Yea the anime left out alot of stuff not enough time i gues.
That the problem, the fight should start next episode so unless they are planning to drag it out for like 1 episode and a half, they would have plenty of time to fill in out the stuff, I am seriously hoping they don't try to adapt vol 4 with the last episode. Also next episode I also hope they don't have ainz full equip fighting shalltar.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 16:40   Link #5665
dere_lover21

No CZ(shizu) and nigredo in this episode and the other guild leaders of E-rantel. I really want to see their faces when ains take out the sealed crystal. SIGH....... No CZ(shizu) and Nigredo in this episode I really want to see them.... I really hope they won't ruin the fight between Ainz and Shalltear...
dere_lover21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 16:45   Link #5666
Iramohs

Quote:
The anime also left some stuff like ainz and albedo have an world item themselves plus it barely talk about the "twenty" or how many world items aog have. Nigredo can still appear next episode so it might be fine but the problem is rubedo, they just change her role or they might outright remove her. From what I remember the next episode should be the fight so I have no idea what the last episode will be about, I doubt they are going to drag the fight out to the point that it last two episode are they? Well, if they do that it would be so much better than them using it to adapt vol4. But seriously if they are going to do either, I wish they would have stick more closer to the novel cause they have enough episode left to make a perfect adaptation.
Nigredo won't appear because they already located Shalltear in the anime.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 17:10   Link #5667
Dorsai

Ty god for this topic, thx to info about how Arche story was dealt i will save myself from being attached to trash LN like this one and trash writing from this author.... Seems like author completely misunderstood how you make archetype like antihero. Ainz isnt one, its just complete trash, thanx to author bad story writing. But there was enough being said about this in this topic then i will stop myself from repeating it once sgain...

From what i saw in this LN i doubt that author ever played mmo games for longer time. World class items that desapear after using them once, seriously? Stuff like this would NEVER work in real mmo game. Gamers would made thousands of topics full on angst and force game publisher to change it in their game. Mmo are all about pvp and mass pvp and how wold it work when your end game eq desapear just after one pvp?

Second stuff is about Ainz being angry that Arche group invaded his tomb. Seriously wtf with is this? Its supposed to be mmo world oryginally, right? Then how any player could be angry about it? Castle sieges are important part of any mmo and players usually are excited that other guild want to try take them out in mass pvp event. Ainz is supposed to be former hardcore player, but from his behavior sometimes i doubt that author even know how hardcore mmo player even looks like (im one myself with 14 years of experience in mmo games genre).
Old 2015-09-15, 17:13   Link #5668
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
Ty god for this topic, thx to info about how Arche story was dealt i will save myself from being attached to trash LN like this one and trash writing from this author.... Seems like author completely misunderstood how you make archetype like antihero. Ainz isnt one, its just complete trash, thanx to author bad story writing. But there was enough being said about this in this topic then i will stop myself from repeating it once sgain...

From what i saw in this LN i doubt that author ever played mmo games for longer time. World class items that desapear after using them once, seriously? Stuff like this would NEVER work in real mmo game. Gamers would made thousands of topics full on angst and force game publisher to change it in their game. Mmo are all about pvp and mass pvp and how wold it work when your end game eq desapear just after one pvp?

Second stuff is about Ainz being angry that Arche group invaded his tomb. Seriously wtf with is this? Its supposed to be mmo world oryginally, right? Then how any player could be angry about it? Castle sieges are important part of any mmo and players usually are excited that other guild want to try take them out in mass pvp event. Ainz is supposed to be former hardcore player, but from his behavior sometimes i doubt that author even know how hardcore mmo player even looks like (im one myself with 14 years of experience in mmo games genre).
Aniz is not a anti-hero, he is a Villain, the Final Boss. He kill over a 100k people in vol9.

The Author is a not a mmorpg player. He is a p&p D&D player.

i found the writing excellent and mature. A big difference form the usually teen protags. Just because you don't like the subject doesn't mean you should trashing the writer.
Old 2015-09-15, 17:23   Link #5669
BakaOnna

Quote:

Well clearly you didn't read the topic clearly enough as Ainz isn't written as an anti-hero. He is a straight up villain. This is a quote from the author at the end of volume 1:
Quote:
I don't believe the main characters in novels and movies who rescue people without asking for anything in return. Readers who acknowledge that prioritizing yourself is the right mentality will enjoy this book. It's very direct.
Clearly this isn't the story for you or it ever was. And how an author decides to write his characters and on what side of the "morality spectrum" you feel the main character should lie in has nothing to do with "bad writing", it's a matter of your taste.
BakaOnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 17:25   Link #5670
God Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
The fact that "some" twenty of them change/break the game was already established, time and time again.

What I mean is that information-wise, the players got literrally nothing from the devs: They had to make their own maps, learn what classes existed and what their limitations were... So why would the GMs contact players for a talk and share everything they need to know when it concerns WCIs?

It's more likely that the players had to use a WCI to learn its exact effects, or they were told via ingame messages. Ainz has shown us that players were able to inspect/analyse items using a skill, so any contact with GMs concerning WCIs would superfluous.
The only time the GMs apparently adress players is when the players complain about "hacks" (like they did after the failed assault on Nazarick) or when there are special events like the server-shutdown.

About the Caloric Stone:
Isn't there a flaw in your logic Mangafreak?
The Players know nothing about the world, unless they experienced it for themselves or learned about it from someone who experienced it. So... how the hell would anybody know that they need the ores from these seven mines to get a WCI?
The only ones who could possibly learn about this would be the one who first owned all mines and then gathered enough of the ores to produce caloric stone. Aaaand... why exactly would they tell ANYBODY about this?
It makes more sense to me to assume that the mines are a source for crafting materials, with the caloric stone being the "divine-ranked" or best possible stuff you can only produce if you have every ore from all seven mines.

EDIT: They speculate that defeating all seven sin lords would cause a WCI to drop. The emphasis being "speculate". They don't know for sure... they are only guessing because that would be an appropriate task for a WCI. How does the ownership of 7 mines (and defending them from other players) be equal to a "world-threat"?
How many times do I have to repeat myself? the reason why they need to talk to GMs is because the items have to be programmed into the game, they can't just use them instantly because they are changing the game code itself.

Volume 3 Chapter 4
Quote:
「Five Elemental Restriction」, which could request the YGGDRASIL developer company to change part of the Magic system.

「Ouroboros」, which had an even greater scope than 「Five Elemental Restriction」, was able to request the Game Developer Company to change a part of the game itself.
Some world class items could probably be used without needing to contact and talk to GMs but those would be the normal world class items, the world class items apart of the ''twenty'' are a different story.

As for finding out information regarding the mines, it's quite obvious that they found it out by gathering information (something which is empathized in the game) they are entire guilds that are dedicated to nothing but gaining information, some guilds have spies inside other guilds to gather important information from them, or guilds themselves leak the information for various reasons.
Quote:
“They say a World class item will drop after defeating all seven, since they’re World class threats.”

Speaking of World class items, why don’t we use ‘Caloric Stone’ to make a golem core?”

“Shouldn’t we think some more about this? Since it’s an item we can ask the GMs for, we should consider it some more.”

“To never be able to attain it unless we own all of them, it’s a headache.”

“Yea, as long as different guilds own different parts of the mine, we can’t get it back once we use it. It’s not like they’ll just sit around while we take them over one at a time…. How about leaking this information to a place like Trinity? Some are bound to get greedy and come running for it. We can strike when they’re exhausted from fighting each other.”

You want to sell the information to the Alliance as well and make them fight with each other? You really are a strategist, Punitto Moe-san.”
What do you not understand from this quote? it's quite clear and obvious that caloric stone is a world class item from the twenty.

As for them speculating about the world class item that drops after you defeat all seven bosses, the fact remains is that you need to fulfill requirements to attain any world class items which is why it wasn't strange for them guess that you had to at least do that much to get one, and why are you downplaying and underestimating taking over entire certain special areas in the game? areas that are quite obvious that they are not some easy pickings, not only but as I've already said before in my previous comment those mines are where you get the materials needed to gain the caloric stone not the stone itself so there are probably other requirements they need to do in order to fully gain it.
God Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 17:26   Link #5671
Dorsai

Hero or antihero can change into villain/final boss in end of story but you cant treat him as one before it. Curcumstances and story development can make him one, but before it he is still normal main protagonist. And vol 7 and Arche story take place before vol 9, am right?

It doesnt matter what you are really playing if you want to make story about mmo game then you should do proper research. If you fail to do it then you are fail as author. Forgot to add that he already failed as author when he asked his fans if he should change Arche story in LN version. As author you never do it.
Old 2015-09-15, 17:31   Link #5672
God Slayer

Quote:

World class items don't disappear after using them once, read the light novels again; only the twenty can disappear after using them.

Ainz was never an anti-hero in the first place, and just because you don't like the way it's written doesn't mean that it is a bad story or a badly written story, it just means that you don't like it plain and simple, and if that's the case then why did you bother reading it up to the seventh volume?
Old 2015-09-15, 17:33   Link #5673
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Hero or antihero can change into villain/final boss in end of story but you cant treat him as one before it. Curcumstances and story development can make him one, but before it he is still normal main protagonist.
that is your opinion, There is no hard and fast rule in writing about how soon the MC becomes the villain. And the MC starts off as the Villain, He was never a hero/anti-hero. He was the villain form the get go.

Quote:
Forgot to add that he already failed as author when he asked his fans if he should change Arche story in LN version. As author you never do it.
nothing wrong here. The Writer is giving his customers what they want. Only someone who never publish a book before would complaint about artistic sell out and crass commercialization. Real writer (people who actually make a living writing) strive to give what their customer base wants.

Also considering Overlord is one of the best selling LN series, not just in japan but China and Korea. Plenty of people have a different opinion form you.
Old 2015-09-15, 17:38   Link #5674
Schattenbach

The second season can still retcon or add things messed up/forgotten in the first season, so it's not like it's an impossible task to deal with. It's questionable if any studio is actually going to bother in regard to a second season or fixing the stuff that's been messed up.
Schattenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 17:46   Link #5675
Dorsai

I wasnt specific but obviously i was talking only about that 12th world class items. How its even matter anyway? Be it 200 or 12 end game items like this would never work in actual mmo game, period.

Funny thing is that quote from author you post in this topic is actual definition of antihero. Its one of main difference between hero and antihero archetype- prioritarizing your own interest and safety other interest of other ppl. Seems like you was spoiled too much with this "good in heart" antiheroes in LN/mangas nowadays. Antihero is more complex archetype then typical hero story and a lot harder to do it right, but there is no doubt that in begining of LN/WN Ainz was portreted as one and he could only change into vilain as story progressed.
Old 2015-09-15, 17:49   Link #5676
Schattenbach

Quote:
I wasnt specific but obviously i was talking only about that 12th world class items. How its even matter anyway? Be it 200 or 12 end game items like this would never work in actual mmo game, period.
Something that's basically a number of unique superweapons guilds fight over wouldn't work? How so?
Schattenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 17:58   Link #5677
Dorsai

In mmo you build your end game gear for pvp and mass pvp (for hardcore players) or for raids (for casual players). You grind hundreds of hours to get eq you will use in thousands of duels. You not grind months to get item you will use just once. Ofc probably most hardcore players after obtained it would never use it anymore and use as just decoration, but forum of publisher of mmo like this would be full with thousands of tooics full of angst about this items and last thing game publisher want is angry game community. I was seeing fan wars for years on game forums about a lot smaller isues in their games.
Old 2015-09-15, 17:59   Link #5678
Hidfe

The Caloric Stone stone is really an interesting item. It is a world class item that is produced by combining 7 rare metals and it is one of the 20. If you use it you can request a specific item. Given that it is one of the twenty, that specific item should have a game breaking power. Therefore if used multiple times than they are more than 200 WCI or better said more than 20 items that have game breaking powers because the produced specific items probably do not disappear after use. Really interesting
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 18:04   Link #5679
God Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
Man, I don't know what they are trying to do with the anime anymore, they just essentially make shalltar the strongest npc this episode so I don't even know how rubedo fit into this, are they not planning to make a second season? Are we totally wrong about rubedo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Was Nigredo supposed to appear in this episode, according to the LN plot?
If so, then all hopes, most likely, have been shot down...
Quote:
Quote:
That the problem, the fight should start next episode so unless they are planning to drag it out for like 1 episode and a half, they would have plenty of time to fill in out the stuff, I am seriously hoping they don't try to adapt vol 4 with the last episode. Also next episode I also hope they don't have ainz full equip fighting shalltar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dere_lover21 View Post
No CZ(shizu) and nigredo in this episode and the other guild leaders of E-rantel. I really want to see their faces when ains take out the sealed crystal. SIGH....... No CZ(shizu) and Nigredo in this episode I really want to see them.... I really hope they won't ruin the fight between Ainz and Shalltear...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
Nigredo won't appear because they already located Shalltear in the anime.
I haven't seen the episode yet but if what you guys are saying is true then my worse fears have come true, they fucked it up massively...

What the hell are they even doing? and why did they remove CZ and Nigredo? WHY? WHY???

I have no faith in them anymore, they probably are going to screw up the fight somehow or leave up important information about it, what are they going to do in the last episode then? and no we are definitely not wrong about Rubedo, they are wrong about Shalltear as well as many other things, did they show Shalltear with her full equipment when Ainz and Albedo meet her in the episode? because in the preview they did not and if they really didn't then that's another thing they screwed up, they probably would have Ainz fight with his full equipment given that in the opening thats exactly what they showed.

Them not talking more about something like world class items is completely and utterly inexcusable; why did they not do so? they had to do it in order to show how powerful they are and they didn't.

I really don't understand just exactly what in the world is in the director's head? what the hell are they thinking? why would they not show simple little important details like these? it would cost them nothing to not show the captain of the black scripture block Shalltear and her using her lance, it would cost them nothing to simply show her with her full equipment when Ainz and Albedo meet her, it would cost them nothing to show Ainz in the next episode fight without his full equipment and yet despite all of that...

There will most likely not be a second season.
Old 2015-09-15, 18:10   Link #5680
Hidfe

Quote:
In mmo you build your end game gear for pvp and mass pvp (for hardcore players) or for raids (for casual players). You grind hundreds of hours to get eq you will use in thousands of duels. You not grind months to get item you will use just once. Ofc probably most hardcore players after obtained it would never use it anymore and use as just decoration, but forum of publisher of mmo like this would be full with thousands of tooics full of angst about this items and last thing game publisher want is angry game community. I was seeing fan wars for years on game forums about a lot smaller isues in their games.
In that game you do also grind hours for gear. There are divine items that are super rare and normal players usually do not own even one of those. The angst of teenagers doesn’t matter if you provide the best game. They are not going to quit, especially after spending hundred hours into the game. There will be guild wars to steal those items from each other, therefore pvp will be extremely encouraged. There are raids and everything you mentioned in the game. It also has 200 or at least 20 game breaking items that everyone desires to get. After using them they respawn somewhere in the world. So even casual gamers can get one if they are lucky
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination