AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-10-08, 09:10   Link #3741
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualxfate View Post
That is not cannon because the end was up for interpretations. I think Eva and Asuna were on the same level as MCs. But we know it is not asuna. And the hints negi whispered if narrowed down includes Eva. Also Eva being Ken's pet char had more chances of being the lead lady at the end. Heck negi even said he loved his master which is eva. Though he quickly denied it.
I agree Eva being the author's pet character, but what would you do for your favorite character if you're the author. Make her the debatable end girl of a loose harem series with a protagonist caring about his dad and the world more than girls OR the heroine of a series created solely for her with a protagonist dedicated his all for her happiness? It's up to you but I'm done, hope see you again here in future chapters with Touta and Kitty being lovey-dovey.
Old 2015-10-08, 09:19   Link #3742
Exether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
I agree Eva being the author's pet character, but what would you do for your favorite character if you're the author. Make her the debatable end girl of a loose harem series with a protagonist caring about his dad and the world more than girls OR the heroine of a series created solely for her with a protagonist dedicated his all for her happiness? It's up to you but I'm done, hope see you again here in future chapters with Touta and Kitty being lovey-dovey.
Totally agree ... Here's me also wishing for more Touta and Kitty... He has a hilarious love rival though
Old 2015-10-08, 11:11   Link #3743
dualxfate
気になる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Well, Im not sure why Ken made this plot. Because this is the trend? But why use negima? So the series could sell faster? Feels like Ken is just using negima's popularity. Why? cause basically even if you remove the negima characters in UQ holder, it wont have that much impact. The story is still solid. It's a new story all together albeit somehow similar to negima.

Retconning this way just won't cut it, at least for those who like eva's char in negima. This series is for eva? well that makes it more sad. Cause it means he can just break negima and use only the useful parts. Why come up with this series when there were a lot of lose threads, a lot of materials left from the previous series.
Old 2015-10-08, 11:43   Link #3744
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualxfate View Post
Well, Im not sure why Ken made this plot. Because this is the trend? But why use negima? So the series could sell faster? Feels like Ken is just using negima's popularity. Why? cause basically even if you remove the negima characters in UQ holder, it wont have that much impact. The story is still solid. It's a new story all together albeit somehow similar to negima.

Retconning this way just won't cut it, at least for those who like eva's char in negima. This series is for eva? well that makes it more sad. Cause it means he can just break negima and use only the useful parts. Why come up with this series when there were a lot of lose threads, a lot of materials left from the previous series.
It's just my opinion, maybe true or false, but I somehow get the feeling Ken actually hate Negima and is using UQ Holder as a way to tarnish it, considering he was forced to write Negima the way his editor and other staffs wanted instead of using his own idea. He even rather ended it earlier than intent than lost his license to the publisher after all.
Old 2015-10-08, 12:00   Link #3745
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Pretty sure that the end of Negima said that it was just one possible ending and there are many more timelines that can lead to many other possibilities. Perhaps the future Evangeline from Negima never met Touta. Perhaps she's not really all that into the married guy she liked 80 years ago, much like I'm not really interested in the partner I had 10 years ago. Maybe she didn't want to spend her entire life chasing after someone who didn't have an interest in her and moved on, like normal people do. In the end it's all just speculation and as I found out today, authors can now retcon rampant fan speculation. Just like that Kishimoto guy did when he left canon with his pairings I suppose. <runs and hides from the hate>

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 12:20   Link #3746
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@SoloPanda: Yeah, the ending of Negima was one possibility out of many since there are multiple timelines. So yeah, it's quite possible that, as you said, in the timeline that we saw in Negima, Eva never met Touta.

By the way Eva acted in the last page of the latest chapter, I think it's quite possible that she loves Touta but wants to wait until he matures more before she accepts his feelings. I wonder if she's really, seriously worried about him being 500 years late. I mean, can't they fix their relationship still?

Anyway, looking at that char from earlier, we're to believe that Asuna's feelings for Negi were the second strongest out of all of the girls'? Meaning she did love him? That makes me happy. But who did he hook up with in the end? Whose name did he whisper into Asuna's ear when she asked him who it is? I really want to know.
Old 2015-10-08, 12:26   Link #3747
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
well as for me, I dont necessarily dislike the toutaXeva ship. I would have been accepting of toutaXeva ship... if they had developed it properly.

what im bothered really is the fact that this ship, basically retcons what eva was in negima. she was the character who had suffered but grown and adapted. she was also already feisty, remember she "killed" the MoB after she became a vampire, showing that she's not that innocent or completely free from having a murderous impulse like what she's here now.

basically, ken made eva "suddenly" have a secret old time lover that conveniently was the MC all along. oh, and apparently he was the most special, much more than negi or nagi ever was.

following what some have said, ken's forcing down this romance angle. he's really rushing to have people like touta with eva instead of having their relationship develop normally.

like seriously, id have been fine with this pairing if it was touta gradually earning eva's respect and showing how he matured. instead, ken makes it that both of them might as well be lovers already. what he does is basically just skip out on having their relationship go through developments and hard work... and just makes it so that touta is now leagues ahead of nagi/negi and that he doesnt have to lift a goddamn finger.
You make it sound as if Yukihime accepted Touta's proposal. You do know she didn't, right?

And neither Springfields worked to win over Eva, and they never intended to. Why are you making it sound like they went through all these hurdles to win her over, when they never tried in the first place?

And did you forget that Eva basically stalked Nagi after a couple of fights, and willingly cooperated with Mahora Academy after her single prank was over? When it comes to Eva, they didn't put in much effort either.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 12:31   Link #3748
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Yeah. And Nagi had no reason whatsoever, either, since he was married and even had a child (remember Negi?). He only tried to save her, as did his son. And said son may or may not love Eva, but he didn't make any efforts in trying to pursue a romantic relationship with her.

And yeah, again, going by Eva's actions and face on the last page, Touta probably still has a chance.
Old 2015-10-08, 12:43   Link #3749
Shadow5YA

Sure he has a chance, but it's not like Yukihime accepted him. She knows he is too immature for that.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 12:52   Link #3750
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Sure he has a chance, but it's not like Yukihime accepted him. She knows he is too immature for that.
Agree. Right now, there're just too many differences between them, like age, status and knowledge, plus, Yukihime is UQ Holder's head, she has a face to save too. It's not like she can just date a teenage boy right away. But Touta has the right idea, he must become mature, at least become someone who she can treat as an equivalent first before she can really accept him.
Old 2015-10-08, 16:27   Link #3751
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, that's what I said, too. And they're both immortal, so the age difference doesn't matter, but maturity/immaturity does. All Touta has to do is mature and become stronger to the point where Eva won't have any problems in accepting his feelings.
Old 2015-10-09, 02:20   Link #3752
DerGilga
Banned

So if this is a stable time loop, does this mean that Touta was 'born' in every timeline? Even in Chao's bad timeline? Or could there be timelines with very different versions of Eva's past? Did the main Eva from Negima met Touta or is she Touta 'clean'?
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 04:49   Link #3753
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
So if this is a stable time loop, does this mean that Touta was 'born' in every timeline? Even in Chao's bad timeline? Or could there be timelines with very different versions of Eva's past? Did the main Eva from Negima met Touta or is she Touta 'clean'?
"if Touta as clone is true" then Touta might exist in timeline where Negi became immortal
or else he did exists in every timelines but on different situations
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 04:22   Link #3754
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

From what I read. On UQ Eva love interest is Touta. And touta only. She might chase negi because she see touta in him. It's not dana pranks. We clearly see when dana shows eva. In glasses and touta. Break that glasses. And eva blush when she meet touta. It's clear to me that eva still harbor a deep love towards her son (lol) even in latest chap when touta propose eva....

Yep well see more proposing scene in future.. And one of these day kitty will accept touta

Yeah Eva x Touta has already predestined. And Ken satisfy my fetish in tis manga....

Ohhhh dat face dat face.. Toutaaaaa go for it man!!! Kitty is already yours... A little push before you go a round with her every night. And train in miso soup way.

What is miso soup way of training? Anyone know wat izz zat?

Last edited by Prongs; 2015-10-10 at 04:35.
Prongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 05:39   Link #3755
Tenzen12

Nothing is predestined. Touta just raised his chances due these time hijings and now he has to continue work hard make best of it.
Old 2015-10-10, 07:18   Link #3756
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Nothing is predestined. Touta just raised his chances due these time hijings and now he has to continue work hard make best of it.
and that makes him true man......
Old 2015-10-10, 08:21   Link #3757
Tenzen12

And that makes him true man.
Old 2015-10-10, 10:07   Link #3758
amtro
Distro

Spoilers are out on netabare
Old 2015-10-10, 10:13   Link #3759
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Spoilers are out on netabare
that damn fast, has it monday in japan now?
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 10:19   Link #3760
Malicre

touta "i wan't to go a round with you every night"
eva "the hell you will"

lol i loved it.

can any manga confession ever top this.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love