AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-10-12, 11:00   Link #9821
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Excellent art this time round. The chapter was pretty meaty too.
Old 2012-10-12, 11:25   Link #9822
immblueversion

I would speculate Kagura to be Sorano, given what little is seen of Sorano's hair is very similar in shape to Kagura's, whose hair could possibly be dyed black. Kagura's grudge lies with Jellal, who was once a Zeref worshiper, so one might say she thinks Yukino was killed by him, or at least under his orders. But if that's the case, why wouldn't she recognize Yukino during the tournament? She couldn't have amnesia, or at least complete amnesia, or else she'd have no reason to avenge anything. Or maybe she was just pretending not to recognize Yukino for whatever reason, and her grudge lies more with the deaths of her parents.

Also, I've only just noticed now that Natsu has gone back to wearing his pre-timeskip outfit for the past three or four chapters.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 11:47   Link #9823
alekos23

i'm pretty sure sorano is actually angel, since she has white hair and was kidnapped by zeref's cult, likely to the tower of heaven:P
alekos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 12:04   Link #9824
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
My personal bet is that Yukino's sister is Angel. It would explain the resemblance between them.
This is right. They both look the same, they are both celestial wizards, and angel was taken away by zeref to help on the tower. All of it fits really.

As for this chapter I'm kinda sad that mira wasn't subbed on the team I want to see more of her demon form. It should be interesting to see how a huge royal battle turns out. I just want to see erza pimp slap minerva.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 12:26   Link #9825
II Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekos23 View Post
i'm pretty sure sorano is actually angel, since she has white hair and was kidnapped by zeref's cult, likely to the tower of heaven:P
Angel does fit perfectly as Yukino's sister because of their white hair & the same stellar spirit magic.

I would have preferred if Mira was on the team so that Mira can beat the other participants & show them that there's a demon exist in FT Demon Mirajane.
Old 2012-10-12, 12:42   Link #9826
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Awesome and it was pretty hinted that Yukino is Angel sister. Both are same type of wizard, white hair and she was part of a Dark Guild, that was serving Zeref purpose. I LOL when Brain said Angel was dead and she wasn't.

Erza, Juvia and Mirajane are the big female 3 of Fairy Tail. It's difficult to watch Juvia being so serious and Erza being serious in a short kimono.

Team Sabertooth went on, like nothing happen. I really wanna see what Minerva planned and did the guild leader die or in recovery?
Old 2012-10-12, 13:05   Link #9827
immblueversion

Yes, I too think it's more likely for Yukino's sister to be Angel than Kagura. But really, imagine the irony that would happen if it turns out Yukino's own beloved sister beat the crap out of her without either realizing it! And seriously, what does Hiro Mashima prefer to use when he does plot twists? Logic, or irony?

Think about it: Jellal tried resurrecting someone who turned out to have never been dead, Ultear thought she was hated by her mother who turned out to have actually loved her, Meldy admired the woman who turned out to have ruined her life, etc.

Old 2012-10-12, 13:15   Link #9828
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
As for this chapter I'm kinda sad that mira wasn't subbed on the team I want to see more of her demon form. It should be interesting to see how a huge royal battle turns out. I just want to see erza pimp slap minerva.
Erza's main fight in the battle royale will be against Kagura though.
Gray vs Rufus
Laxus vs Orga
Juvia vs Minerva ? Juvia screwed up and didn't go head on against her

And Gajeel vs both dragon slayers ? (to finish Sabertooth off ?) or most likely Gajeel and Laxus after Orga got curbstomped

Drama will occur when Millia will learn about Jellal and Erza.
Lyon, Jura and Blue Pegasus will help the FT in need (definitely Juvia for Lyon)

I hope Yukino's sister is not Angel. I have seen enough of her in the fillers.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 13:18   Link #9829
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I think that he just plants stuff in earlier chapters for later when he can think of something cool/useful for them later on. I can't say if Mashima uses either when he does a plot twist - seems more 'Rule of Cool' sometimes than anything else.
Old 2012-10-12, 13:39   Link #9830
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Erza's main fight in the battle royale will be against Kagura though.
Gray vs Rufus
Laxus vs Orga
Juvia vs Minerva ? Juvia screwed up and didn't go head on against her

And Gajeel vs both dragon slayers ? (to finish Sabertooth off ?) or most likely Gajeel and Laxus after Orga got curbstomped

Drama will occur when Millia will learn about Jellal and Erza.
Lyon, Jura and Blue Pegasus will help the FT in need (definitely Juvia for Lyon)

Erza vs. Sting or Minerva?! Both are good, but I prefer her to fight Sting, because she never seriously fight against Natsu or Gajeel.

What did you mean by "filler"? Does Angel reappear afterwards in the filler arc?!
Old 2012-10-12, 14:10   Link #9831
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Erza vs. Sting or Minerva?! Both are good, but I prefer her to fight Sting, because she never seriously fight against Natsu or Gajeel.

What did you mean by "filler"? Does Angel reappear afterwards in the filler arc?!
Spoiler for anime spoiler:

Last edited by Rahan; 2012-10-12 at 14:56.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 14:53   Link #9832
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Needs anime spoiler tags
Quote:
I'd much rather have Gajeel 1v2 the two DS just like Natsu did, but overpower them even more...and Minerva vs Erza, just in case we get to see Erza's ruthless side.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 17:11   Link #9833
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Hey, if Hiro Mashima managed to work the outcome of the filler arc into the manga's continuity (read chapter 282), he can use Angel as he pleases. But it is for this reason that I'm guessing Kagura is somehow Yukino's sister.

Old 2012-10-12, 18:29   Link #9834
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Hey, if Hiro Mashima managed to work the outcome of the filler arc into the manga's continuity (read chapter 282), he can use Angel as he pleases. But it is for this reason that I'm guessing Kagura is somehow Yukino's sister.

It makes pretty much zero sense for Kagura to be Yukino's sister. She would have to have dyed her hair, changed her name, and forgotten essentially everything about her sister seeing as Yukino isn't going by some code name, and has the same hair color and style she had a kid.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 20:08   Link #9835
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
It makes pretty much zero sense for Kagura to be Yukino's sister. She would have to have dyed her hair, changed her name, and forgotten essentially everything about her sister seeing as Yukino isn't going by some code name, and has the same hair color and style she had a kid.
That is exactly what I said before. And I wouldn't put it past Hiro.

But I've agreed it makes much more logical sense for Yukino's sister to be Angel (caught by Zeref worshippers, sent to work in the Tower of Heaven, hidden distinct upper half of head).

I've also been betting Mato (Mr. Pumpkin) to be Jose. You know, because they both have dark lips and a spooky-themed costume. It's been seven years, so he may have shrunken with age. I guess I'll wait for his casting in the anime to know for sure. And don't tell me it's too soon to know just because he's gonna appear in about three or four episodes, because they cast the same Japanese actor as Poluchka for Grandine long before their relationship was revealed in the manga (Hiro must have gotten to them first; if only Funimation were so on the ball). Plus they just used the same actor as Jose for Earth-Byro and Guttman in the latest filler arc, and you know how the anime is with reusing actors in the Japanese version (unless you're not).

Old 2012-10-12, 22:50   Link #9836
Robotech Master

It isn't just appearance and plot relevancy that makes Angel likely. Angel's speech style and mannerisms are represented in that one little flashback panel. This is lost in translation for the most part.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 11:45   Link #9837
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I just want Lector back
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 11:50   Link #9838
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I don't want to sound mean or anything, but dead characters are best left dead. In Lector's case, I think it's a good development; remember Sting when Lucy was beat with an inch of her life and left to fall on the arena grounds? He was laughing his ass off along with most of ST, but when -his- friend died, he went into a blind rage and now wants him back. Let that be a lesson for him not to take the value of life so lightly...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 13:03   Link #9839
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Since this new mysterious girl that appeared before Jellal and giving out Zeref's aura around her I bet this mysterious girl is Yukino's big sister? This sounds pretty cheap but obvious but Yukino said that her home burned by Zeref's occult and then her big sister kidnapped by them. I am guessing that somehow his big sister able to meet or made contact with Zeref or studied his black arts to the point that now she can give out Zeref's dark presence. So I will be not suprised if this mysterious guy that later turned out to be Yukino's big sister. But the problem is Jellal seemed pretty suprised when he saw her. He either know her or my theory is totally invalid.
Old 2012-10-13, 14:43   Link #9840
kitten320

I guess it is comfirmed now that Angle is Yukino's sister... I simply can't see anyone else.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen