AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 48 26.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 63 34.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 46 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 9.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.63%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-01, 14:25   Link #81
Flora20709
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flora20709 Send a message via Yahoo to Flora20709
Well I Have Finally Saw My Flora In Animation and Action{lil bit} And I think Her voice matchs her personality and looks
Old 2007-08-01, 14:59   Link #82
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to admit while not reading the manga I had a different imagination of Flora when I first saw her. You see this character and when they start speaking all I can think is "what the heck?". Probably something I'll get used to but at that moment it seemed weird.

Nice to see the others back again after Clare's little adventure. Next episode should be great now that things are going. Poor Jean though she keeps getting into these crappy groups that get annihilated in a few moments. At least she's finally got some pretty good allies with Clare and the rest that should hold up. Seems she's got another opponent that's perfect for her ability.

As always nice with Eclipse getting the episode subbed so quickly.
Old 2007-08-01, 15:19   Link #83
Lecrew

Send a message via ICQ to Lecrew Send a message via MSN to Lecrew
I would really want to see Clare helping out with Flora as her Teammate. Flora will soon notice that she's powerful regardless for being the last rank number and the arm which belongs to Irene, but Clare will not tell her who belongs to, because if I remembered correctly, the part where Miria asked a question to Clare that her arm is different and who belongs was ... she did not want to mention the person's name, so it remains unknown to Miria and the rest of the army of Claymore.
Old 2007-08-01, 15:34   Link #84
Seska

Clare don't give much into Rankings,
Spoiler for this time, to be save...:
... Jean is on the same wave
Old 2007-08-01, 15:41   Link #85
Lecrew

Yeah, she does not want to be with the organization anymore, but she was yet forced to go to the war by this guy (I don't remember his name :/).
Old 2007-08-01, 15:44   Link #86
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecrew View Post
Yeah, she does not want to be with the organization anymore, but she was yet forced to go to the war by this guy (I don't remember his name :/).
Well, i call him Rubel...
Old 2007-08-01, 15:51   Link #87
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I am so excited for the next few weeks. I mean really excited.

I agree that Flora's voice wasn't what I expected. Although I really liked the AB's voices. The first one to transform was ok, but the other two were way more awesome sounding than I had imagined. Claymore is awesome.
Old 2007-08-01, 15:55   Link #88
blackmarks

lol at those who think Flora's voice is too loli -- having a high-pitched voice, whether loud or quiet, is not loli. for reference, Riful has a loli voice because she is loli. methinks some people need to meet more women in IRL. if anything, Flora's voice made me think of Mike Tyson: unexpectedly light comical voice from someone who has fearsome fighting skills.

i haven't seen the subs yet but i too was hoping for more wisecracking and funny expressions from Helen, at the sorting and in the cave. ah well. for being Part I for the next story arc, i thought the pacing was pretty good.
Old 2007-08-01, 15:57   Link #89
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Also, it kinda bugs me... The Claymores came from 20+ distant territories. How come they all arrived at roughly the same time?
They hired an German for the Logistics (*Joke*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavrielo View Post
They probably didn't arrive at the same time, the anime just skipped that boring part.
TBH I'm it gets rather annoying people comparing the anime to the manga, be content -.-' it even got made into an animation. If you can do better, you try animating, adding sound sfx and that.
First this post now, is for all, not for the person i am quoting...

Okay, call me now an Old Gezzer, but...

We don't know. if the Scenes that was in the Manga and left out in the Anime, they could use this in a Flashback scene, in a future episode. What was often done in other Series...

We don't have the warranty that this will happen...
Spoiler for To be on the saver side...:

So please, stop writing "in the Manga there was that and there, in the Anime they left if out" and so on...

There is the Magic/Mahou of Flashbacks, always in Animes...for to fresh up the Viewers Minds.... How they call this technic "recaps episode?"

With no mean, to it....

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-08-02 at 04:17. Reason: do not double post
Old 2007-08-01, 15:57   Link #90
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, I agree with what's already been said:
- Flora's voice is way too loli.
- We were totally shortchanged in the Helen antics department. No "There's always someone who has to act retarded" or "Ophelia? An Abyssal One? How did you survive?".
- Flora's intervention was ill timed, compared to the manga. Since only Deneve and Undine were acting up, there was no call for her to threaten everyone. They should have let the situation degenerate into classroom din. They even took away the part where Jean was about to comment on something (probably along the lines of "your Flashsword is actually faster"), gets called out, and apologizes. I know I'm nitpicking, but I was looking forward to that scene.

I also didn't like the fact they gave no reason for Raki going North like that. Did he mean to search the world from the top down or something?
Spoiler for In the manga,:

All in all, of all the scenes I was looking forward to, they did only two: the meeting between Clare, Jean, Helen and Deneve, and the Avengers Assem... Er, Miria calling her teams to face the three Awakened Beings. And I found the latter kinda lacking. Maybe a better music would have made it as impressive as it should have been?

Also, it kinda bugs me... The Claymores came from 20+ distant territories. How come they all arrived at roughly the same time?

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-08-02 at 04:19.
Old 2007-08-01, 16:11   Link #91
Jerseykid

such a good episode.
Old 2007-08-01, 16:16   Link #92
Gavrielo

They probably didn't arrive at the same time, the anime just skipped that boring part.
TBH I'm it gets rather annoying people comparing the anime to the manga, be content -.-' it even got made into an animation. If you can do better, you try animating, adding sound sfx and that.
Old 2007-08-01, 16:27   Link #93
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Well the dvd extras might have it. i mean, it did fixed the other 5 episodes. You just have to wait...or know japanese.
Old 2007-08-01, 16:30   Link #94
Nico

for all the anime only viewers, whats the helen funny faces the manga readers keep taling about?
Old 2007-08-01, 16:33   Link #95
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
for all the anime only viewers, whats the helen funny faces the manga readers keep taling about?
Sorry, if i misunderstand it. But is this an catch ask?

if we (The Manga Wisdom users) answer, it will be spoiling...

p.s. Me? I am same Addict like all you here. I just against Spoilers, thats all. Oh and the rest of course, thats in my Signatur...
No hard feelings for some person... *Peace*
Old 2007-08-01, 16:34   Link #96
Firstblood
...I like Claymore

Oh jeez, whats with Flora's voice >.< that is very disappointing, it isn't way to off tho, but yes it does sound like a 10 or 9 year old VA
Old 2007-08-01, 16:38   Link #97
Riful
Of The West

what's wrong with comparing the original work to the anime? It's normal and will always happen if some book or comic gets turned into a movie etc.
People who loved the manga of course will be disappointed if the anime doesn't live up to their expectations and you can't simply be happy with what you get

If you like the anime as it is, that's great for you and I'm even envious. I would have loved to like it more.

Seska: I don't think anybody "spoiled" something from the manga that was left out in the anime which could possible be added in some flashback - or at least with spoiler tags, which should be fine.
And honestly, what has been left out this time will for sure not be added in a flashback, doesn't work

Nico: like Seska said, you will just have to read the manga. Anyway this is something you have to "see" and can't be explained ^^
Old 2007-08-01, 16:44   Link #98
Seska

Okay, sometimes i went overboard. But there is really no mean to it... I just don't want the Anime only viewer get their curiosity crushed. Thats all...

and again. there is really no mean to it..

In german (My Brain rejects to translate it):

[german]
Mit den Fetzen Manga wissen, was die anderen so einstreuen. "Aber im Manga war diese Szene total anders, usw"
Verführen wir ja grad die leute, die nur den Anime sehen wollen und Spoilers umgehen, dazu Spoilers zu lesen damit
sie rausfinden was derjenige meint...

Sowas wie Zuckerbrot und Peitsche...

Wissen ist macht, nicht wissen ist glücklicher...
[/german]

Last edited by Seska; 2007-08-01 at 17:03.
Old 2007-08-01, 16:47   Link #99
Lecrew

I don't mind comparing to manga and anime from Claymore as long as it covers almost everything.

I don't know if it's appropiate to post this for those who read the manga related to the first sentence, but
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-01, 16:53   Link #100
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Didn't really like Flora's voice, sounded too young. Undine's voice seemed fine to me. Shame they left out bits of the conversation and especially Helen's reactions. Pace was ok, and I liked this episode overall. Plenty more action to come next week, although I have a feeling they'll stretch it out a bit.
Closed Thread