AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-08, 11:42   Link #61
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

@serenade_beta -- You probably know, but anyway: "girl with glasses" = Yuuki Aoi (Murasaki in Kurenai, Ichigo in Yumeiro Patissiere, Riko in Kiruminzoo, Mina Tepes in Vampire Bund, Korone in Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou, Iris in Pokemon Best Wishes, Yagyuu Juube in Hyakka Ryouran). In other words, woman of many voices.

Here is the main cast (l-r) -- Yazawa Rieko (light-haired girl who has yet to appear), Yuuki Aoi (glasses girl), Omigawa Chiaki (clumsy girl), Shiraishi Ryouko (toothy girl):

18-year-old Yuuki's 2channel thread has gone from an average of under 20 posts a day to around 40 posts a day over the past month. There have been 100 posts there in the past 24 hours.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 22:36   Link #62
Joojoobees

I was going to skip this one, but the OP animation blew me away. I rather like Omigawa Chiaki's voice, so no complaints from me there.
Old 2010-10-09, 00:11   Link #63
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
@serenade_beta -- You probably know, but anyway: "girl with glasses" = Yuuki Aoi (Murasaki in Kurenai, Ichigo in Yumeiro Patissiere, Riko in Kiruminzoo, Mina Tepes in Vampire Bund, Korone in Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou, Iris in Pokemon Best Wishes, Yagyuu Juube in Hyakka Ryouran). In other words, woman of many voices.
Ohh~ Her.
Yeah, wow. Many voices, indeed, and good too.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 02:45   Link #64
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

I just fell in love with this Ending theme. Kon-sempai was ruling! It was so enjoyable, and easily my favourite ending of this year.

For the content itself, I think Chiaki wasn't that bad as I thought for Ayashiyama. I still hate her voice, but at least it somehow fits here. Yuuki Aoi is truely amazing, so talented and professional with her voice. Definitely meeting my anticipation standard.
Old 2010-10-09, 07:02   Link #65
apr
Pedestrian

I can't stop thinking Natsu no Arashi when watching this. It's exactly the same, just without time travel and different character design. Same voices, same gags, same visual design, same director, same studio, same setting.

Omigawa is still pretty much unbearable, but almost weighed up by the always excellent Irino. Yuuki was interesting, but really skirting the edges of what's possible with her vocal range, I think. It goes into hysterics mode at times. Sakurai was, embarrassingly, a shock when I hit the credits. Oh well.

Loved the ending, reminded me of this:

Too bad Yazawa doesn't sound nearly as good in her other songs.
Old 2010-10-09, 07:42   Link #66
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
(Episode 2-3)

Episode 4 "Curses' Equation"「呪いの方程式」
(Manga chapter 9「恋の方程式」and 25「呪いのルーレット」)
Script: Takayama Katsuhiko
Storyboard: Mori Yoshihiro
Direction: Mori Yoshihiro
Animation Director: Oomori Hidetoshi

Episode 5 "A Wonder Tatsuno Tojiko"「実に微妙な辰野トシ子」
(Manga chapter 6「辰野トシ子は砕けない」and 33「実に微妙なカード」)
Script: Ooshima Miku
Storyboard: Fujimori Kazuma
Direction: Yase Yuki
Animation Director: Miyanishi Tamako
Episode 4 is probably Studio Pastoral episode, no idea about episode 5 though. Producer Tanaka "it would be ideal if we have two episodes in stock ahead of what's already airing but…" well at least there's no Unspecified in staff listing yet… Also from episode 2, there will be two more additional cuts of Kon-senpai in the ED.

Last edited by sirn; 2010-10-09 at 13:35. Reason: Typo
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 09:09   Link #67
wingman32x

I wish this thing would get subbed already. I've been looking forward to trying this series out. Hopefully the wait won't be too much longer.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 13:01   Link #68
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
I can't stop thinking Natsu no Arashi when watching this. It's exactly the same, just without time travel and different character design. Same voices, same gags, same visual design, same director, same studio, same setting.

Omigawa is still pretty much unbearable, but almost weighed up by the always excellent Irino. Yuuki was interesting, but really skirting the edges of what's possible with her vocal range, I think. It goes into hysterics mode at times....
I see all the similarities with Natsu no Arashi, especially in staff, but why is it that I'm enjoying this so far and never did like that show? I find the characters here a lot more vivid (so far).

Are you sure the jokes are the same here? There just feels to me to be something different. But all I remember of the jokes from that show is how the "salt, please" repetition fell so flat for me, despite the fact that I like that kind of humor. I laughed out loud several times during this episode, but never during the several episodes of that show I watched.

Maybe the fact that I don't get shounen memes is what put me off that show. Much as I like Sanpei Yuuko, it may have been Hajime that ruined it for me.

I agree that Yuuki is going over the edge sometimes, but I'm enjoying hearing her go as far as she can. 2channel has certainly noticed the same thing, but the same people also like Kiruminzuu, which is the show where she seemed to me to be fading out more often than anywhere else. It comes when she feels free-est, I think, as she did there.

The range (of tone and voice) is what is most impressive here, even if she sometimes exceeds herself. A poster this morning on 2channel claimed he watched the whole episode without realizing it was Yuuki until the credits.

I liked Omigawa best in Seitokai Yakuindomo. I still have hopes for her in this show, but her voice blared too much for me in episode one. Funny, but hard to take. Maybe Shinbou just told both of them to go for it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 18:38   Link #69
solomon

I read a little of the manga and found it charming so I gave this a shot.

Overall, favorable but mixed feelings on it.

On paper (manga source material) the characters and concept are fun. The story boarding and animation are quite elaborate and ambitious with the full movement and difficult shots and pans. Art Direction is great. Seiyuu are all great (WHAT RANGE Takahiro Sakurai has playing an Obaa-chan! ).

However, the tone's a bit too agitated and over the top with the gags and double takes some times, particuarly the "Arashiyama is a klutz" schtick. The animation is ambitious but suffers from quality control issues on clean up with the pans and such. I'll stick with it just because i liked what I saw in the manga.

Oh yes, DOWNTOWN RULES. The opening sequence equally so!!!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 03:37   Link #70
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Subs by gg are out. Go crazy. Will comment later.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 04:17   Link #71
Sotobrastos

Loved it. Omigawa is almost unbearable. If only someone like Yui Horie has taken the role.
Sotobrastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 05:46   Link #72
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

So.... the OP is trolled (the subbed one) ?
Old 2010-10-10, 07:40   Link #73
Clarste
Human

I liked this. Seems like a comedy that suits Shaft's style.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 08:34   Link #74
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Really like the OP, listened to it twice before starting the show (Sakamoto sounds...unhhhh...in this song ).

The show itself.... eh. Jokes were hit and miss. Found it a little hammy. Is the manga like that?

I was shocked to find out Yuki Aoi(Korone) played Tatsuno though, really impressed. Kinda funny to hear Omigawa Chiaki speak with a drawl too.

Guess I'll stick with this show for a little longer.

EDIT:

Just started reading back through the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

But for me the most remarkable seiyuu choice in this show is Sakurai Takahiro -- the actor who played Suzaku in Code Geass, Oshino in Bakemonogatari, Yaichi in Five Leaves -- as the elderly female proprietress of the cafe. No-one is complaining about him, as far as I can see.
What?!
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 08:47   Link #75
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Was that a censor when Hotori slipped and pretty much exposed herself?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 11:20   Link #76
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

My god, Tatsuno (Yuuki Aoi) totally stole the show. As for Arashiyama, the character is interesting but as I had feared, Omigawa doesn't fit such an eccentric and hyperactive character. I can't believe the grandma is voiced by TakaSaku (are we sure it's a grandma? Could be an old trap). By the way, who's voicing the bear?

The OP and ED are wonderful. If there's one thing Shaft always does perfectly, this is it. I can't wait for that girl in the ED to be introduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
So.... the OP is trolled (the subbed one) ?
What do you mean? The "Let's be gay"? It's a valid translation but they definitely chose this word on purpose. I still wouldn't call it trolling, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Was that a censor when Hotori slipped and pretty much exposed herself?
Sure looks like the dreaded sun beam. I didn't expect to see that here.
Old 2010-10-10, 11:28   Link #77
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
By the way, who's voicing the bear?
Matsuki Miyu. If you mean the raccoon-like creature.
Old 2010-10-10, 11:57   Link #78
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

There's not much slice-of-life so far this season, so I guess I need to give this a watch. I'm a big Natsu no Arashi fan, so that comparison gives me hope - though anything Shinbo has the tendency to be feast or famine. He can be the most infuriating and annoying director out there, but if he's in decaf mode (as he was with NnA) his visual quirks can beautifully compliment his underrated skills at spinning a narrative. I see this is Irinu Miyu's entry this fall, too - another reason to give it a look.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 12:07   Link #79
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Matsuki Miyu. If you mean the raccoon-like creature.
Uh, yeah, that's it. I don't know why I said bear
Thanks.
Old 2010-10-10, 12:57   Link #80
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, art direction isn't very Shaft-like, so I actually like the animation. Just hope they don't reuse bits and pieces over and over again like they have a tendency to do, and I'm good. Probably is my third pick of the season so far, unless they go wrong somewhere or what little of unaired series suprises me...

I personally think Omigawa is more attuned to this role IMO. Or at least, I feel she does better here than kuudere Maka or tsundere Jun... but that might just be her experience speaking for itself for this season.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, seinen