Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-12-10, 11:22   Link #4521
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
Are you saying that you sometimes see a link that takes you to a specific post whether in the same thread or not, and that it is used when a post is quoted, so you do not have to rewrite the whole thing? Furthermore you want to know how to make such a link?

There are number of ways:
  • See the top left of each post for the "link", you can copy that and post it using the [url] tag.
  • Use the [post] tag.
  • Or, you could use the quote itself, by pressing the button.
If none of the above apply, then I'm really not sure what you are asking.

Old 2010-12-10, 15:29   Link #4522
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Many thanks NightWish and Kaze
rafael1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 08:28   Link #4523
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
How do I use properly the '' Avatar & Signature '' feature in Edit my Details ? You know, when you hover over an avatar or signature, a text appears ? Some people got text in both av and signature, but some only got it on avatar or their signature and it's confusing me ... How do I add separate text for each, like Kaze has for example ?

Also related a bit to the quoting as explained above : What's the deal with +quote ... I never understood it on any of the forums I visit at. Even if I click on few and then click on reply or quote on some post, nothing happens except for the post where I clicked the normal quote button.
Old 2010-12-11, 09:21   Link #4524
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

The title of the field is what is confusing you; it only puts text on the avatar but is provided so you can describe both avatar and signature.

To separate them, you need to use an alternative method for your signature. You are hosting your signature image on the forum and using the [SIGPIC] tag, so for you the solution is easy: just put the text you want on the signature between the tags:
[SIGPIC]your text here[/SIGPIC]
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 09:29   Link #4525
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Also related a bit to the quoting as explained above : What's the deal with +quote ... I never understood it on any of the forums I visit at. Even if I click on few and then click on reply or quote on some post, nothing happens except for the post where I clicked the normal quote button.
If you click the +Quote button on one or more posts, then click the Quote button on another post, all the posts will be quoted in the composition box. The sequence is +Quote, [+Quote]..., Quote.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 10:47   Link #4526
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
How do I use properly the '' Avatar & Signature '' feature in Edit my Details ? You know, when you hover over an avatar or signature, a text appears ? Some people got text in both av and signature, but some only got it on avatar or their signature and it's confusing me ... How do I add separate text for each, like Kaze has for example ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
The title of the field is what is confusing you; it only puts text on the avatar but is provided so you can describe both avatar and signature.

To separate them, you need to use an alternative method for your signature. You are hosting your signature image on the forum and using the [SIGPIC] tag, so for you the solution is easy: just put the text you want on the signature between the tags:
[SIGPIC]your text here[/SIGPIC]
Old 2010-12-12, 03:25   Link #4527
Tiberium Wolf

I am a completely noob on cars.

I need to know where to put water in a Renault Clio bought in 1992. I can't freaking find any manuals or any screenshot of the engine with legends.
Old 2010-12-12, 04:05   Link #4528
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Open the hood with the switch on the driver's seat and look for a (usually) plastic bottle (usually) on the right with a tube that connects to the radiator. That's the bottle that holds the water for the radiator cooling. Alternatively you could just open the radiator and pour the water yourself. Of course the above configuration is the usual with Japanese cars so I'm not familiar with French cars.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 05:23   Link #4529
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I am a completely noob on cars.

I need to know where to put water in a Renault Clio bought in 1992. I can't freaking find any manuals or any screenshot of the engine with legends.
It should be the only white bottle thing with a cap there.

Old 2010-12-12, 05:55   Link #4530
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
It should be the only white bottle thing with a cap there.

Thx... Then I did fill right. The liquid there was black. Could have confused with oil.
Old 2010-12-12, 14:25   Link #4531
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Black...?
Old 2010-12-12, 15:08   Link #4532
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

lol...
I don't think that was the right spot to fill..
Old 2010-12-12, 18:44   Link #4533
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Thx... Then I did fill right. The liquid there was black. Could have confused with oil.
Just to be sure; you want to be filling the ones circled in red with water, and a little bit of antifreeze.

I hope you haven't poured water into you brake fluid or engine oil.....
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 19:06   Link #4534
Tiberium Wolf

Yes... I filled the one with the circle in the top pic.
Old 2010-12-13, 12:44   Link #4535
Mianhaeyo
Disabled By Request

On another forum they have a member picture thread.
Everyone who wants to post a picture of themselves can post it there.
Is there something like that on this forum too?
If you reply, let me know by PM. I might forget I posted this.

Thanks in advance!
Mianhaeyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 17:23   Link #4536
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
This explains alot, thanks. Thanks to others as well.

Related to this, on another forum we use just img tags .. How do I make it so that the signature is clickable and has text when hovered over like Kaze has ? I tried using the picture Kaze provided but it didn't work .. I was able to make it clickable but where on earth do I put the text ?
Old 2010-12-13, 17:44   Link #4537
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
This explains alot, thanks. Thanks to others as well.

Related to this, on another forum we use just img tags .. How do I make it so that the signature is clickable and has text when hovered over like Kaze has ? I tried using the picture Kaze provided but it didn't work .. I was able to make it clickable but where on earth do I put the text ?
the text you want on mouse over goes [SIGPIC]Mouse Over Text Here[/SIGPIC], to make it clickable put a URL tag around the [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] with the address you want it to lead to.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 18:03   Link #4538
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Or just copy / paste the text you see in that picture, and replace my link with your link, and my text with your text
Old 2010-12-13, 18:07   Link #4539
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Code:
[url=http://forums.animesuki.com/search.php?do=getdaily][SIGPIC]Beyond reason...[/SIGPIC][/url]
See my signature for a preview.
Old 2010-12-13, 18:14   Link #4540
Dist

You misunderstood. This was for another forum with IMG tags, there is no such thing as SIGPIC there. So where on earth does the URL for the image go if the text is between two IMG tags ( assuming I replace SIGPIC with IMG tags ) ?

Tags
problem, q&a, serious