AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-06-14, 20:45   Link #32321
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Why the hell I keep thinking of I.S. cape in spite of the sheer impracticalities? Though it's not those blowy heroic cape, more like foldable armor plating (Like Master Gundam, Deathscythe, or Dynames)
You could also make the armor plating fold into a buster sword ala Blue Frame Astray's Tactical Arms.
Old 2012-06-14, 20:58   Link #32322
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Too fast, too casual, otherwise it's fine.

What I want is to make an emphasis about Igel's insane defense without restricting mobility too much when it's forced to close quarter. It's really a pseudo-transforming unit, a proto-G4 unit built from scratch and identified as G3.5 (G4 theory already been around for quite some time, just that nobody able to implement it)

The 'cape' in question is energy shield generator coupled with cutting edge composite armor, whose redundancy allow Igel to shrug light firepower and reduce the damage from anything else. Of course, it cost a lot of energy so some function such as maneuvering thruster have to be disabled.

The solution is to make the extra thrusters hidden under the armor and will be unleashed when mobility is preferred over defense (the extra shield generators are deactivated)

@ Stratos
Nah, too fancy and gimmicky.
Old 2012-06-14, 21:29   Link #32323
demino_hellsin
That one guy

guess I'll have to better onvthe real thing

The armor sounds reasonable enough... but the vibe I'm getting is that it's too reasonable. Am I wrong?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 21:44   Link #32324
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, it's too convenient, particularly that the designer is 10 (It takes whopping 2 years to complete, with the help of experienced engineers, but still....). Large amount of capacitor due to the massive design also offset the energy requirement, the downside is just that, weight is weight. PIC be damned.

Unlike unmanned golem, overweight frame will give unnecessary burden to the pilot and tip the sense of balance off. And even with strengthened frame and artificial muscle (whereas normally I.S. only depend on their suspension field and small servo motors), it's maneuverability still lower than most I.S. in spite of excellent acceleration and speed (hence 4/5 on mobility and 3/5 on maneuverability)
Old 2012-06-14, 21:49   Link #32325
demino_hellsin
That one guy

... anti-beam ablative gel

The shield maintains a set amount of coating and can be induced to release more when necessary. when the gel is used up, weight is reduced by the loss of gel granting unreasonable speed for its bulk...?

EDIT: imbalance in weight distribution made so that the center of gravity's basis are the edges. this is so that the abnormal weight on the edges can be used as anchors to maneuver. Normal sense of balancing would be futile in such cases though.

Need to go to school now, later

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-06-15 at 05:39.
Old 2012-06-14, 21:53   Link #32326
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Whereas the loss of gel mean the armor is hollow and it's integrity is questionable

The amount of gel can't be that massive really (due to the density), not to mention it's effectiveness. Else you're making a truly gamebreaker system like gundams are to the mooks of the season.
Old 2012-06-14, 22:13   Link #32327
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Going to make a draft for Shadow intor. Can you please read?
Old 2012-06-15, 05:52   Link #32328
demino_hellsin
That one guy

weight bears no problem since any gel is less dense than metal and therefore lighter than if the whole shield was a solid slab of metal. Integrity is also solved by the fact that we're only exchanging the space used for electronics and such with tanks for the gel. Maybe twice as big in volume but the general toughness granted by the plating should be well enough.

I trust the integrity enough because the shield has to protect the inner circuitry from breaking down after receiving impact. However with the gel tanks, there is no such sensitive apparatuses to protect. So the integrity should only be well enough to take shots and not to completely nullify the blow. With the tanks hollow. You'd be banking more with the speed you gain from the loss of gel than actual defense. Taking actual hits becomes more of a last line than your actual defensive stratagem.
Old 2012-06-15, 08:27   Link #32329
Eratas123

@ Senpai - New Shadow Intro:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-15, 13:05   Link #32330
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Why the hell I keep thinking of I.S. cape in spite of the sheer impracticalities? Though it's not those blowy heroic cape, more like foldable armor plating (Like Master Gundam, Deathscythe, or Dynames)
A little late.....
But.....Did I heard Crossbone Gundam?

Edit: Well... third gen has beam weaponry.... anti-beam cloak sounds kind of logical.... (light weighted and the cloth wouldn't restrict moment as much as armor plating...)
Old 2012-06-15, 23:29   Link #32331
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
.... Which what I said, the gel mass won't be that much so the speed gain won't be that much either , also once again, it couldn't be super effective else you made a truly gamebreaking system. (because one spray of gel is very little amount, and from what I get that unit carry enormous amount of gel, enough to affect the total mass) As for the integrity, I though it haven't separate tanks, sorry.

@ Eras
*NERDGASM*

@ Age
The cloth will be used as placeholder until actual armor is constructed, more or less metapolymer crossed with carbon nanotube and superdense metal alloy. Flexible, strong, but still heavy (half as much as actual plate armor with same coverage)
Old 2012-06-15, 23:38   Link #32332
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: Huh... well that's that

Is it considered an unusual ability to be able to act and observe at the same time?
Old 2012-06-15, 23:41   Link #32333
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes it is, human concentration has it's limits.
Old 2012-06-16, 00:07   Link #32334
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If one can do such a thing to a certain extent of clear memorization and analysis of myriad possible outcomes while at the same time doing something extremely delicate and at the same time hectic. Such as formulating tactics while dodging bullets.

Can it be considered superhuman?
Old 2012-06-16, 00:08   Link #32335
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, they are. Though any decent pilot can do that if they have their I.S. (hence why I.S. made people borderline super)
Old 2012-06-16, 00:09   Link #32336
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Need more contructive criticism than that:/
Old 2012-06-16, 00:20   Link #32337
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Umm... not supersoldier and not in IS?
Old 2012-06-16, 00:32   Link #32338
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
If one can do such a thing to a certain extent of clear memorization and analysis of myriad possible outcomes while at the same time doing something extremely delicate and at the same time hectic. Such as formulating tactics while dodging bullets.

Can it be considered superhuman?

"one can do such a thing to a certain extent of clear memorization and analysis of myriad possible outcomes"

Analysis of myriad possible outcome is really damn hard.....if not down right impossible. Especially in a situation where one half of you is actually panicking.

Analysis of possible outcome is usually done when there is a short moment of break (where people can calm down and think) or before the thing happen.... you know.... thinking few step ahead?

Certain extent of Clear memorization is possible when the person practised doing that thing so often..... that he can practically do it with his eyes closed.

In a hectic situation.... Minor Screw up is kind of expected....

==

Edit: "formulating tactics while dodging bullets."

Lol, you have any idea how fast bullet actually travel? The only reason why a normal person can dodge a bullet is through sheer luck or that shooter has really bad aim.

Moar Edit( I forgot): Or that normal person has Super God-like skill (like able to cut bullet into two)
Old 2012-06-16, 00:34   Link #32339
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
good luck

@ Age

@ Eras
What else can I say? It's definitely way better than before. Though I admit one thing, too many dialogue can be confusing, add some transition between them, exposition or whatever.
Old 2012-06-16, 00:40   Link #32340
Eratas123

@ Senpai - There we go How do you suggest transitioning?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest