AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-09, 15:44   Link #421
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just listened to Patty Martin's character song CD (vol 8)....

its not good to be seen laughing while driving (during the Pa Pa Pa Patti 'song') .... Patty's voice is in the same vein as Misao's.... it just makes your heart tighten up its so cute.

edit:
Yutaka's character song CD (vol 5) .... radioactive cuteness by Sizuka Hasegawa ... it evokes a legendary VA (Chiwa Saito) and her TMP:Hazuki or PPD:Becky. ....

Minami's character song CD (vol 6) .... sweet and calm, but unfortunately boring. She carries a tune well but the songwriters should have written her something a bit racy... sultry or bluesy.... a bit unexpected in other words. Best as background music mixed into an MP3 folder.

I wish they had done a VA chat session or a drama bit instead of the karoake tracks, some of my favorite character CDs are from the Negima 1st season series where the VAs just spend a track chattering and bantering - being happy goofuses.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-10-09 at 16:15.
Old 2007-10-10, 06:55   Link #422
Mashimaro
q8D

Minoru's full version of Koi no minoru densetsu is pretty good. :P
Kaorin no theme full version even better xD
Old 2007-10-12, 20:11   Link #423
Midonin
Last Engage

I wasn't expecting a metal rock remix of "Minoru Densetsu", I'll say that much.
Old 2007-10-27, 12:30   Link #424
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
I hate to revive a topic like this without posting something of interest, but I'm just curious whether the BG song for Kanata's scene in Episode 22 came out already. I was expecting it to be included on Radio Bangumi 4 but that was a miss. I'm pretty sure there're a couple of chara CDs that haven't come out yet, so my hope is that they'll release it sometime soon. That's a must-have song.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2007-10-27, 12:44   Link #425
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
I hate to revive a topic like this without posting something of interest, but I'm just curious whether the BG song for Kanata's scene in Episode 22 came out already. I was expecting it to be included on Radio Bangumi 4 but that was a miss. I'm pretty sure there're a couple of chara CDs that haven't come out yet, so my hope is that they'll release it sometime soon. That's a must-have song.
Well, from what I have seen... the BGM CDs seem to cover only the music played in two episodes.

Like, the first CD covers the 1st and 2nd episode, second CD covers 3rd and 4th episodes... and so on. At least, that is what I think it is. So... the BGM covered in Kanata's scene and also Kagami's scene most likely won't show up until the 11th CD...
Old 2007-10-27, 14:38   Link #426
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Well, from what I have seen... the BGM CDs seem to cover only the music played in two episodes.

Like, the first CD covers the 1st and 2nd episode, second CD covers 3rd and 4th episodes... and so on. At least, that is what I think it is. So... the BGM covered in Kanata's scene and also Kagami's scene most likely won't show up until the 11th CD...
Ouch...

But thanks for the info... Perhaps I won't get my hopes too high for a while.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2007-10-31, 21:59   Link #427
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The final two character CDs came out today. #10 is by the "Little-chest Girls," Konata, Yutaka and Minami (Hirano Aya, Hasegawa Shizuka, and Chihara Minori). #9 is by the "Background Combo," Misao and Ayano (Mizuhara Kaoru and Aizawa Mai). I've enjoyed the parts of both CDs I've heard.

On their first day on the charts, they were at numbers 17 and 18 in the top 20. On the same day, the ED for Shugo Chara by the young-teen idol group Buono! was number 3.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-10-31, 22:55   Link #428
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The final two character CDs came out today.
They actually aren't the last two. Lantis added two more. Kanata and Soujiro and Yui and Nanako.
Old 2007-11-01, 02:46   Link #429
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Rather looking forward to Misao's CD - hope I'm not disappointed but I figure it'll be as funny and cute as Patty's songs.
Old 2007-11-01, 10:38   Link #430
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised by these last two albums, but I was not. I can't really say much else than that. I just didn't find them to be worth listening to. The second song on the Mune Pettan CD is almost catchy (and from what I can make out, somewhat funny), but has no musical substance.

I do like the "middle" mix track on the Mune Pettan CD to be listenable, actually, but as the others it's very short. I almost want to say the same thing about the equivalent track on the Haikei Konbi CD.

I found the best part to be the very amusing artwork, actually. The Haikei Konbi collection artwork is not only very cleanly and stylishly composed, but is also a style reminiscent of the art-style change from the scene in which Misao pointed out their status as background characters (in fact, that scene is pictured). The Mune Pettan Girls CD's character depictions are just hilarious to look at.
Old 2007-11-02, 20:14   Link #431
Midonin
Last Engage

That Ayano and Misao were billed as, essentially, "The Background Duo" gets a laugh out of me. And in other musical-related news, there's going to be a second "Motteke! Sailor Fuku" remix CD. Really.
Old 2007-11-06, 03:55   Link #432
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just got my Ayano+Misao CD ..... Misao's VA almost can't sing worth a flip but her voice is so cute you just don't care (though it may be she's just portraying Misao as a dingy fail at karaoke much like her joy of gaming .
Ayano (or her VA) can carry a sweet tune nicely so the two of them as a duo is pretty funny.

Unfortunately, there's only two real tracks + one hypermixed mess using their dialog and then the usual "why do you annoy me" instrumental karaoke tracks.

Ah well.... wasn't expecting any different but was hoping for a "chatter track" where they'd just let the two of them babble for a few minutes.

It does have me wanting to review the eps with Misao present.
Old 2007-11-20, 19:00   Link #433
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Are we done yet?

More character CDs (courtesy cdjapan)

<--Thanks to Mirificus for the larger pic!
Lucky Star Character song Vol.011
Kanata Izumi (Sumi Shimammoto), Sojiro Izumi (Hirokazu Hiramatsu)

Lucky Star Character song Vol.012
Nanako Kuroi (Konomi Maeda), Yui Narumi (Saori Nishihara)

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2007-11-20 at 21:29.
Old 2007-11-21, 23:13   Link #434
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Are we done yet?
Of course not. They should totally make one for the male VA who voiced every miscellaneous character (including women).

Seriously, I didn't like most of the L*S character songs. Most of them struck me as either extremely generic pop songs or failures at identifying with the character. Konata, Tsukasa, Kagami, and Minami were the only ones exceptional by any measure thus far, and the rest were just blah.

I do have high hopes for Kanata though.
Old 2007-11-23, 13:47   Link #435
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Dear dear, the Sensei & Neesan songs are really mediocre.. but, I can't help but listen to them. Why does Nanako have to be so moe?
Old 2007-11-25, 14:07   Link #436
thearchlich

The lack of the Orchestral Motteke instrumental in any of the BGMs angers me.
Old 2007-11-25, 23:36   Link #437
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearchlich View Post
The lack of the Orchestral Motteke instrumental in any of the BGMs angers me.
I have no idea how that would work, but they could try remixing with some very weird instruments...like honky-tonk pianos, flutes, and ukuleles.
Old 2007-11-26, 00:20   Link #438
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
nyaa~ more or less, it looks like all the character albums is done. and i was half-expecting that each character would have their own version of motteke sailor fuku~
Old 2007-12-01, 20:40   Link #439
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Just got to listen to Nanako and Yui's character album. Definitely one of the better albums of L*S's numerous character albums. Kekkon Nante sa Pappaya fits Nanako perfectly.
Old 2007-12-02, 03:39   Link #440
Ottocycle

BGM CD 6, IMO shows Satoru's winning versatility yet again. 'Senjou no Ariake' puts him on the map of great 'war movie epic' music composing.

We has a winner.
Closed Thread