Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-07, 00:22   Link #41
Sai
apathetic

Send a message via AIM to Sai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farsighted
These may have been mentioned already....

Since Shikamaru passed the gennin test, and all three team members have to be present to take it, does that mean Ino and Chouji can never retake it?
didn't they say something after the paper test that like they will no longer be judged as a team? i'm sure i remember them saying that
Sai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 05:48   Link #42
naantje
Annoyance :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
The Data Book explicitly states Kabuto is physically stronger. Besides, as I said, try it yourself. Equal strength is not enough in that situation, you need greater strength. If you want to try "Kabuto was weakened", remember that Naruto was quite weakenend as well and he didn't take a soldier pill. Even if he could have managed to grap Kabuto, the fact that Kabuto just sat around there, relaxing, while Naruto talked for some minutes, is a flaw.
the fact that discussing something like this, is a flaw.. its an anime.. fiction.. i mean for the love of god they spit fire and thats what u find unrealistic? mmm hello?
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 06:49   Link #43
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by naantje
the fact that discussing something like this, is a flaw.. its an anime.. fiction.. i mean for the love of god they spit fire and thats what u find unrealistic? mmm hello?
According to the laws of the universe, they can spit fire, so that is no inconsistency. ^^ Anyway, it's useless to discuss something like that, but then again, most discussions in this forum are useless, aren't they?
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 09:16   Link #44
yinstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by naantje
i think the point is, you create a world with rules that everyone follows, if you create a world that is constantly inconsistent with its own rules, then it can ruin the ablity to read and enjoy it, it makes what you read before worthless, if the author changes the rules of the world, then its all willy nilly.

that being said i dont think this world is inconsistent in the majority, i think that any work, especially of a serialized nature will have in consistencies to some degree. but i dont think this series is overly inconsistenrt, and i dont agree that most your the other guys points a really inconsistencies in the world
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 10:57   Link #45
Hideki Keiji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
The Data Book explicitly states Kabuto is physically stronger.
That data book might be offical, but it seems flawed to me.

Just some examples:

-Ino being 2.5 times faster than Sakura. They were even in taijutsu in their fight.
If Ino was that much faster then I think she should have won easily.
-Sasuke the 'genius' is rated a two in intelligence, making Shino, Dosu, Gaara,
Gai, Hinata, Neji(the other 'genius' with a 2.5), and Temari, among others,
smarter than this 'genius'.
-Rock Lee is as fast as Kakashi? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Anyway, this is just my opinion, and my perception of things might be a little off.
Hideki Keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 11:55   Link #46
RagnarokCo

Send a message via MSN to RagnarokCo
They might mean Rock Lee is as fast as Kakashi with his gates. But then again, Kakashi can open some gates too.. I dunno but, about the Naruto holding Kabuto thing..

- Naruto could have used Chakra to hold him (Just a possiblity)
- I don't know ANYONE(Anime or Rl) who can hold on to someone with a kunai threw your hand tendons. (Actually, I'm sure I can think of someone in Anime..)
- Kabuto could have been a bit surprised with Naruto's actions.(Fear plays a big part in Animes)

It's hard to say..
RagnarokCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 15:58   Link #47
yinstro

another question, is what time does this data book document? if it takes place at the first part of chuunin exam, before the exhibition, then that may explain a lot of the inaccuracies. There has been much charachter growth for most charachter in the world, while some stay the same, naruto, for example would have had to have improved his stats greatly

edit: looking at databook info, unless there is 2, that most likely documented the stats as reviewed at some point in the chuunin exam probably before the exhibition, as it still shows orochimaru as unknown, but highly unlikely it includes anything after the death of hokage.

edit edit actually some site i see says the info is as teh start of the chuunin exam. definitely if this is the case, judging naruto's strength from that is pretty off base, a good portion of naruto's training occured since the start of the chuunin exam.

Last edited by yinstro; 2004-08-07 at 16:36.
Old 2004-08-07, 17:14   Link #48
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Jiraiya, Shiranui Genma, and the Four Sounds are in the book.
Tsunade and Shizune are not.
Rasengan is not in the book.

That should give us some kind of idea when the book was written.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 17:45   Link #49
yinstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Jiraiya, Shiranui Genma, and the Four Sounds are in the book.
Tsunade and Shizune are not.
Rasengan is not in the book.

That should give us some kind of idea when the book was written.
yeah that was my guess, but at same time some site had said it was for the beginning of chuunin exam (which phase of chuunin exam wasnt specific) but since they didnt wnt to show jiraiya or orochimaru strength, i so i think maybe its goin early, being not jp i cant read the source and look for some type of disclaimer as to when
Old 2004-08-07, 18:43   Link #50
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki Keiji
That data book might be offical, but it seems flawed to me.

Just some examples:

-Ino being 2.5 times faster than Sakura. They were even in taijutsu in their fight.
If Ino was that much faster then I think she should have won easily.
-Sasuke the 'genius' is rated a two in intelligence, making Shino, Dosu, Gaara,
Gai, Hinata, Neji(the other 'genius' with a 2.5), and Temari, among others,
smarter than this 'genius'.
-Rock Lee is as fast as Kakashi? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Anyway, this is just my opinion, and my perception of things might be a little off.
It's less flawed than the manga. I dont' see any flaw at all.

Ino I'm not sure. But what is Sakura's taijutsu stats compared to Ino's?
Sasuke isn't that smart.

He's a 'genius' ninja wise, as in has good ninja skills> We've seen him do a lot of stupid stuff. And if he were any higher that would be too close to chuunins and jounins.

Shini, Dosu, Hinata, Neji, and Temari are DEFNITELY smarter than Sasuke. Really if you actually pay attention you would know that they are. Gai of course is... he's a lot older and is a jounin after all....

Rock Lee should be as fast as Kakashi with the gates. I belive this book was made right after that section of the story line.

You are wrong on all the points you stated.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 10:13   Link #51
Hideki Keiji

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
It's less flawed than the manga. I dont' see any flaw at all.

Ino I'm not sure. But what is Sakura's taijutsu stats compared to Ino's?
Sakura has a speed of 1. Ino has a speed of 2.5.
That's 2.5 times faster.
Edit: Whoops, taijutsu stats right, ok.
Sakura: 1
Ino: 1.5
Quote:
Sasuke isn't that smart.

He's a 'genius' ninja wise, as in has good ninja skills> We've seen him do a lot of stupid stuff. And if he were any higher that would be too close to chuunins and jounins.

Shini, Dosu, Hinata, Neji, and Temari are DEFNITELY smarter than Sasuke. Really if you actually pay attention you would know that they are. Gai of course is... he's a lot older and is a jounin after all....
You're right, I was a little confused when I typed this part. 'Prodigy' would be a closer fit than genius in this context.

Quote:
Rock Lee should be as fast as Kakashi with the gates. I belive this book was made right after that section of the story line.
If it was showing Lee with gates, you would be right, but why would it?
That would be like showing Gaara in his demon form or Naruto using Kyuubi's chakra, IMO. Of course, in the anime Kakashi thinks 'He's Fast!' when Lee takes off his weights, so perhaps Lee and Kakashi are the same speed.
However I've always thought of there being more of a difference between a genin and a jounin.

Quote:
You are wrong on all the points you stated.
Heh, I'm pretty sure that I'm not wrong on all my points.
Hideki Keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 10:20   Link #52
Shay
Monarch Programmer

It is very inconsistant, but you all have to admitt, its the hottest thing around at the moment.

Even the so called Naruto haters always have something to say about it, whether its good or bad dosen't really matter, all publicity is good publicity. ^_~

This is prolly the wrong thread for such comments, but hey I don't care, sue me.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote