AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-10-13, 00:44   Link #81
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Coco's branch is more like everyone branch, so yeah. You get the grasp of the whole story after you beat the other 3 routes and finally Coco's.
Old 2006-10-15, 06:23   Link #82
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD View Post
Ok, I went through again and got a Tsugumi ending. I don't know if it was a good ending or a bad ending but it sure wasn't a happy ending.

I tried playing through it again to get the epilogue but that didn't happen. I don't know what gives. I don't know if it wasn't the right ending or if I did something else wrong.
You can see the endings you cleared from a list (I can not remember where to find it now)
The 11 endings are, in no particularly order:

Tsugumi: good ending
Sora: good ending
Tsugumi/Sora: epilouge
Tsugumi/Sora: bad ending
You: good ending
You: bad ending
You: epilouge
Sara: good ending
Sara: bad ending
Sara: epilouge
Coco

I assume you got """Tsugumi: good ending""" and """Tsugumi/Sora: bad ending""" right? then you should go for sora now, then move on to boy's route and clear "you good end" and "sara good end", that should unlock the coco arc for ya...

You can get the 3 epilouges by following the walkthrough. With ONE EXCEPTION though, the """Tsugumi/Sora: epilouge""" won't appear unless you have cleared the final COCO's route, then go for either sora or tsugumi, at the end you will see it. It's short and contained a major spoiler, no wonder they pushed that behind COCO
Old 2006-10-15, 06:35   Link #83
martino
makes no files now

Tsugumi "good ending"...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-17, 13:46   Link #84
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Well I've just bought this game from ebay, as it looks like it's pretty good...
Hopefully it won't take too long to come, as it's from the US.

I played the trial, and it seems a bit disjointed... presumably the game isn't like that...
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 13:59   Link #85
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrunch View Post
Well I've just bought this game from ebay, as it looks like it's pretty good...
Hopefully it won't take too long to come, as it's from the US.

I played the trial, and it seems a bit disjointed... presumably the game isn't like that...
The trial just shows you different scenes from all over the game, so that's why you thought it seemed disjointed - it is.

Rest assured, the game isn't like that.
Old 2006-10-17, 15:07   Link #86
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
The trial just shows you different scenes from all over the game, so that's why you thought it seemed disjointed - it is.

Rest assured, the game isn't like that.
Ah good, that's what I expected.

The trial doesn't have any serious spoilers does it?

Last edited by Supergrunch; 2006-10-27 at 20:16.
Old 2006-10-17, 20:07   Link #87
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Ah good, that's what I expected.

The trial soesn't have any serious spoilers does it?
Nope, not serious.
Old 2006-10-17, 22:40   Link #88
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
No No No, if it doesn't have gameplay elements its not a game its a visual novel. These types of entertainment are so far removed from what one would call games that I feel there should be a visual novel sub-forum to differentiate. Let me try to rationalize here. Tayu Uta which I am playing right now=Game, Tsuyokisu which I have on my desk, not a game. Again Princess General II=Game, Nee Chanto Shiyou not a game. I really don't think clicking through text and making the right choice entails a game as much as it entails experiencing a story. In fact I'm surprised Gamefaqs even carries this in its database, perhaps its because of the U.S Release or a loosening of its definitions. Gaming entails the chance of losing, but in these you are going to win something in the end if you follow any given story path and are nice to the girls.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 23:52   Link #89
alpha3six
913-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Gaming entails the chance of losing, but in these you are going to win something in the end if you follow any given story path and are nice to the girls.
Yes, you win a watery grave

But seriously, it's still best to call them games because no one will comprehend what a "visual novel" is unless they have played them. To the uninitiated, what makes a visual novel different from a graphic novel? Show someone a graphic novel and they will call it a comic book, and show someone a visual novel and they will call it a game (albeit a very boring game).
alpha3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 10:18   Link #90
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
No No No, if it doesn't have gameplay elements its not a game its a visual novel. These types of entertainment are so far removed from what one would call games that I feel there should be a visual novel sub-forum to differentiate. Let me try to rationalize here. Tayu Uta which I am playing right now=Game, Tsuyokisu which I have on my desk, not a game. Again Princess General II=Game, Nee Chanto Shiyou not a game. I really don't think clicking through text and making the right choice entails a game as much as it entails experiencing a story. In fact I'm surprised Gamefaqs even carries this in its database, perhaps its because of the U.S Release or a loosening of its definitions. Gaming entails the chance of losing, but in these you are going to win something in the end if you follow any given story path and are nice to the girls.
You CAN lose if you are NOT nice to the girls or are nice to EVERY girl ---> bad ending XD

The term visual novel was refering to the visual novel series by LEAF - Shizuku, Kizuato, to heart and routes
It features text lying on top of the CG (eg. kana little sister) rather than text being restricted in the little box (eg. ever17 for most of the time)
However, in fan-translation community, the term visual novel is indeed prefered for erogames, all age galgames and doujin galgames.

Seriously, you can find these stuff in a game shop, but definitely not in a book store.
Old 2006-10-27, 20:15   Link #91
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Right, I have got the game, and played through Tsugumi's good end. I have to say my reaction mirrors that of many other people... why the hell is a good ending so sad? It was, however, bloody amazing.

By the way, if I havent yet come across any errors is voiceovers, does this mean I have a non-faulty disk 4?
Old 2006-10-28, 04:49   Link #92
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Right, I have got the game, and played through Tsugumi's good end. I have to say my reaction mirrors that of many other people... why the hell is a good ending so sad? It was, however, bloody amazing.
You have seen nothing yet, wait until you get to the Coco's arc.
Old 2006-10-28, 15:08   Link #93
alpha3six
913-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
Seriously, you can find these stuff in a game shop, but definitely not in a book store.
For what it's worth you can find the Kid games in bookstores in China. Ever17, Memories Off, etc (PRC simplified character versions of the Taiwan editions).
alpha3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 18:08   Link #94
TronDD
Team the box!

Finally had time to finish up Sora's path the other day. That was another rough one.

It's interesting, though, how during Sora's path, you have better interaction with Tsugumi than when you're on Tsugumi's path. Can I get a path that combines the best of the 2?

I've already started playing as Kid. Should be interesting since it introduces Sara. Whom I guess is just left for dead when you play as Takeshi.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 18:17   Link #95
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
It's interesting, though, how during Sora's path, you have better interaction with Tsugumi than when you're on Tsugumi's path. Can I get a path that combines the best of the 2?
Beat both of Kid's routes and make the right decisions in the beginning the next time you play a game (there will be new ones), for Coco's route. That path combines everything pretty much.
Old 2006-10-31, 18:34   Link #96
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Well, I'm a good bit into You's path now... and the story is far more complicated than it initially appeared...
Old 2006-11-02, 02:40   Link #97
Johndoe6600

I've never played nor heard of this game but if it's as good as you say i'll give it a try, i stopped playing h-games since i played "kana little sister", that game really pissed me off because it was so sad and depressing, even the good endings were sad in my opinion

the games i've played so far are
dividead
TCI
xchange 1 2
casual romance club
hitomi
brave soul
and of course kana, the storyline was too realistic for me and it actually made me sad, and thats like not easy to do, i didnt cry or anything dont get me wrong

but in my opinion h-games are all depressing, especially the ones you like regardless of the story line, because at some point, inevitably it will be over and the story ends, it really bums me out...

what are the best games i should try that i havent besides ever 17 anyways?

first post btw so hello everyone
Johndoe6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 12:43   Link #98
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

First off, ever17 isn't an h-game.

Secondly, after getting two endings so far, (You and Tsugumi good endings) I'm loving this game. However, if you don't like depressing games, you might want to steer clear of it...
Old 2006-11-02, 13:41   Link #99
Mentar
Banned

Ever17 is a fairly good visual novel, but has a slightly too convoluted resolution for my taste to quite make the top group.

But if you liked the format and are looking for other very good games of this genre: The (IMHO) undisputed king of the hill storywise is "Phantom of Inferno". I can't recommend it enough, and unlike Ever17, it has many _logical_ true endings which differ pretty much.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 15:00   Link #100
◕‿‿◕

I really liked the resolution, because...

Spoiler for don't click, spoils the ending:

Tags
visual novel