AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-07-05, 03:51   Link #10641
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I'm tired of responding to you. You're utterly convinced of your viewpoint, obsessed with it even, and nothing I reply with is going to matter.
I blame that on my asphergers and possibly my ADHD.
wcthesecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 03:18   Link #10642
Ynot

So, does anyone know of a nice alternative to Needless for us to pass the time while waiting for things to start up again? I consider the three main pillars of Needless to be action, comedy and ecchiness so any other series hoping to become my new (temporary) number one would have to have at least those three elements.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 03:37   Link #10643
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
So, does anyone know of a nice alternative to Needless for us to pass the time while waiting for things to start up again? I consider the three main pillars of Needless to be action, comedy and ecchiness so any other series hoping to become my new (temporary) number one would have to have at least those three elements.
Kenichi mightiest disciple. Ranma 1/2 stuff like that.
Old 2013-07-06, 05:09   Link #10644
erapath

Quote:
Action comedy mangas.
- Go! Go! Ackman (Toriyama Akira)
- Cashman (Toriyama Akira)
- Sakigake!! Otokojuku
- Kinikuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcthesecret View Post
Kenichi mightiest disciple. Ranma 1/2 stuff like that.
Okey mangas only for you. <3
- Blue Drop - Tenshi no Bokura
- Idol Pretender (Haruse Hiroki)
- Balance Policy (Yoshitomi Akihito)
- Prunus Girl
- Bloomed in Action (Shiono Etorouji)
- Übel Blatt (Shiono Etorouji)
- Change H (Magazine by various artists)
- Josou Shounen Anthology Comic
etc
erapath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 19:45   Link #10645
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by erapath View Post
Action comedy mangas.
- Go! Go! Ackman (Toriyama Akira)
- Cashman (Toriyama Akira)
- Sakigake!! Otokojuku
- Kinikuman

Okey mangas only for you. <3
- Blue Drop - Tenshi no Bokura
- Idol Pretender (Haruse Hiroki)
- Balance Policy (Yoshitomi Akihito)
- Prunus Girl
- Bloomed in Action (Shiono Etorouji)
- Übel Blatt (Shiono Etorouji)
- Change H (Magazine by various artists)
- Josou Shounen Anthology Comic
etc
...did you just give me a bunch of gender bender manga...
Old 2013-07-06, 20:17   Link #10646
Homura7

Quote:
Try Hoshi no Samidare. It has the elements you ask for and is also a well written series too.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 23:35   Link #10647
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Try Hoshi no Samidare. It has the elements you ask for and is also a well written series too.
Seconded. Hoshi no Samidare has the action, ecchi and comedy you're looking for. Plus it's also complete, so it's not something you'll have to wait on like some others.

Or, you could always keep rereading Needless, over and over and over again =P
Old 2013-07-07, 03:32   Link #10648
Ynot

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I don't read much manga besides Needless so my knowledge about series which have the potential to be it's replacement is very limited. I'm sure to give all of them a try.

Any yes Avvesione, I will read Needless over and over and over again but I now realize/remember a large part of the fun(if not the largest) was bickering with everyone what would happen in the next chapter and that's something which rereading won't provide me with.
Old 2013-07-07, 13:27   Link #10649
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

I read a lot of manga, but with the exception of Needless I've never really felt the urge to join in any discussion of the latest chapters. Possibly because most of what I read is borderline H comedy with no plot worth mentioning.

Well, there was one other exception, I suppose. I thought Tokage no Ou was a pretty interesting read, and I might have shared a few thoughts on the story - had it not been abruptly axed. I don't recommend you read this one, btw. You will be disappointed.

As to what I would recommend, hmm... I looked through my "current manga" bookmarks, and after discarding the plotless ecchi crap, and stuff that's been stalled for months, there's actually still quite a lot left. But there's nothing that falls into quite the same category as Needless. Perhaps I need some recommendations too?

But I'm forgetting what's physically sitting on my bookshelf. If you want a series that has action, comedy and ecchiness coming out its ears, obviously Negima is the only contender.
Old 2013-07-13, 22:14   Link #10650
Kurohane

I haven't actually read/ watched it, but from word of mouth and searching, Hayate the Combat Butler has those elements as well I believe. The main character is even a trap.

Has anyone else noticed that one character in the character collage in the last chapter doesn't belong in this manga. I'm talking about the guy next to the Darumi mecha.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I just found out he's from Shirasuna Mura. Also, Adam N. and Adam C. are missing.
Old 2013-07-15, 03:08   Link #10651
Avvesione

I always like looking at that pic, especially when you notice things you never noticed before.

Like just now, I noticed that only 3 characters have green hair in Needless: Aruka, Cruz and the Aruka clone. The only other one that was close would've been the older drawings of Setsuna who had greenish hair and greenish eyes. And although you can make the case for a number of characters who are close, Rin is the only one with purple hair. And I think Voras is the only girl who wears pants, too.

I really appreciate having a picture like this at the end of hte series, showing off all the characters one last time and in color, too.
Old 2013-07-15, 03:14   Link #10652
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
I always like looking at that pic, especially when you notice things you never noticed before.

Like just now, I noticed that only 3 characters have green hair in Needless: Aruka, Cruz and the Aruka clone. The only other one that was close would've been the older drawings of Setsuna who had greenish hair and greenish eyes. And although you can make the case for a number of characters who are close, Rin is the only one with purple hair. And I think Voras is the only girl who wears pants, too.

I really appreciate having a picture like this at the end of hte series, showing off all the characters one last time and in color, too.
Wy does disk look nothing like she does in the manga?
Old 2013-07-19, 09:16   Link #10653
Xiammes

Raws out yet
Old 2013-07-19, 09:19   Link #10654
Homura7

Was there supposed to be something Needless related this month?
Old 2013-07-19, 15:00   Link #10655
Xiammes

Just my denial.
Old 2013-07-20, 17:27   Link #10656
Avvesione

The last issue of my UJ subscription should be coming in soon. I'll comb it over to see if there's anything in it, but since there were no announcements on the UJ website, I doubt there'll be anything.

I guess the only thing left that can be done for Needless is if some people wanna get together and translate the drama CDs. I've seen a few groups put up drama CDs like subbed anime, where the CD is the audio, the subs are the translations and the video is just a pic, but other than that... it's merely a waiting game.
Old 2013-07-20, 20:19   Link #10657
Xiammes

The Drama CD's getting translated would be nice.
Old 2013-07-22, 04:14   Link #10658
Homura7

If I recall well, this month we were supposed to know about Imai's "new series".
Old 2013-07-22, 06:05   Link #10659
Ynot

^ It was formulated a bit broader than that. It's like the difference between "In the next edition" and "In future editions". So there could be some info there, but there's no guarantee.
Old 2013-07-24, 08:57   Link #10660
Avvesione

I didn't see anything on the UJ website with any information regarding Imai Kami. I'll be picking up my copy of UJ later on today, so I'll be able to browse through it and see if there's anything relevant worth mentioning.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen