AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2008-10-27, 14:57   Link #81
Knight Of Zero
Zero Requiem
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvoki View Post
I think I know what your problem is... You need to drag your cursor over and highlight the words you wish to put into the spoiler then click the spoiler button, or it won't work, at least it doesn't for me. At least I think that's what your getting at. Although I have encountered some spoiler buttons that appear to do nothing when I click them, I think cats ^ could be on to something there.
It dosen't work even I highlight it (which I try so many times)

@ CAT
I had a feeling it wouldn't work out. (quick reply doesn't work on my side) TOO BAD for me.
Knight Of Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 09:06   Link #82
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats
Aparently if you use anything but the quick reply window the buttons will get covered by some layer and become both unclickable and selectable
Hmm. I didn't have that problem just now.

Now I'm in the Advanced screen, and I'll type some text

blah blah blah

Now I'll type it again, highlight it, and click the spoiler button
Spoiler for testing spoiler tags:

Seems to work fine - Firefox 3.0.3 on Ubuntu 8.10 beta

When the "What is the spoiler about" dialog appears, the entire window is overlayed with a transparency, but I think that's happening either in FF or in Ubuntu's implementation. I've seen it appear in FF with other dialog boxes like the ones for HTTP Authentication.

Now for one other test. I press the spoiler button with no highlighted text. I get the dialog prompt again and after entering a subject and hitting OK it creates an empty spoiler:

There's a spoiler right above this line, but it doesn't appear on screen. So it looks like the vB parser ignores empty spoilers rather than creating a spoiler zone with no embedded text.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 10:30   Link #83
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
the vB parser ignores empty spoilers
Indeed. By default, all custom BB code tags, that are left empty, are removed. Though the options is configurable with the latest version of the software, if you don't put anything in the spoiler there is little point in displaying it, so I've not bothered changing the settings.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 11:21   Link #84
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I just wondered if that contributed to Knight of Zero's problem. If you take the route of creating an empty spoiler first with the intent of filling it in later, it will appear as if you've done nothing at all. I'm certainly not suggesting a change in policy, though, just trying to understand how this feature can appear so opaque to one of our members.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 18:20   Link #85
Knight Of Zero
Zero Requiem
*IT Support

Spoiler for @ CAT:
I fail to it probably at first that Y I delete it^ but now I understand how to use it
Knight Of Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 09:13   Link #86
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

May I ask you what spoiler tag you are using?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 09:23   Link #87
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
May I ask you what spoiler tag you are using?
??? If you read the thread you will see that GHDpro created the spoiler tag. Or are you repying to the post from 16 months ago?
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 06:39   Link #88
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
??? If you read the thread you will see that GHDpro created the spoiler tag. Or are you repying to the post from 16 months ago?
Sorry. At the moment I needed a good spoiler tag, being that I was installing and configuring a new vbulletin forum, and I thought about asking you what spoiler tag you used, being that I like it.
If he's done it, may I ask for the code?

Old 2010-03-12, 12:06   Link #89
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Try reading page 1 of the thread.
Old 2010-03-26, 14:41   Link #90
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Try reading page 1 of the thread.
Thank you.
Little info: the code doesn't work on VB4, so keep that in mind if you want to upgrade the board.

Old 2010-03-26, 16:44   Link #91
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Thank you.
Little info: the code doesn't work on VB4, so keep that in mind if you want to upgrade the board.
Hm. Somehow I find that strange; likely just a minor tweak somewhere. Anyway here's a alternative version.
Old 2010-04-02, 14:30   Link #92
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Hm. Somehow I find that strange; likely just a minor tweak somewhere. Anyway here's a alternative version.
Stupid question: where should I put the jQuery code?

Old 2010-04-03, 03:12   Link #93
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

In the example I assumed path to be: as.javascript\jquery.plugins. Simple replace that in the rest of the example code with whichever path you want.
Old 2010-04-03, 11:25   Link #94
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
In the example I assumed path to be: as.javascript\jquery.plugins. Simple replace that in the rest of the example code with whichever path you want.
Ok, but should I install the jquery plugin? If yes, where can I find it?
Sorry, but I never used the plugins before.

Old 2010-04-03, 13:51   Link #95
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You do not install, you just need jQuery and need to have it and the plugin code loaded on the page for it to work (a jQuery plugin is just another javascript file). I gave the code for the plugin in the post as text format directly; so you may minify or obstruficate if you wish to, as well as change it. You can get jQuery from the official site or just add the link to the google api to allow for cross-site caching of the script (there are several ways as mentioned in the documention by google). I did not mention jQuery in the post since AnimeSuki already uses it as you can see from viewing the source code.

Anyway, I gave the detailed explanation on how to add it via a vB plugin (so you may disable it at any time) and provided the code you need to copy paste in the plugin as well as the other details (in the example I used the google api), all you need to do is make sure the files are copied in the right folders. Or Find/Replace in the small bit of vB plugin code so the paths match to where you placed them. ie. the path relative to in the servers www (or whichever is the public html/php domain folder on your server you use).