Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-03-09, 03:06   Link #121
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
P.S. none of my friends plqy MMO's or watch anime it sucks

that makes two of us.. haha it really does suck.. all of them are either jocks or stoners .. the rest who do play a lot of mmos are relegated to the butt-end of society .. so i keep some of my interests safely under lock and key -_-

having said that.. even in mmos.. people just get WAYYY too competitve for my liking.. i always figured rpgs were supposed to be different - not like rts where u cant chill in the middle of a game.. bah i guess therell always be people who piss you off lol
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 09:31   Link #122
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

lol yea thats why i do mostly play GVG match's ....ROFL Butt-end of society
Old 2008-03-09, 09:59   Link #123
-Kh-
ポルカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by esfir View Post

i know this is insane, and completely against all which is normal and rational in this world, but the only MMO i really liked to play and could play for months was FFIX. the worlds were uninventive, the plotlines nonexistant, the leveling system irrational, and the party system incomparably frustrating, but i still liked it the best. it also forced me to play with other people, which i absolutely despise--but i still didn't mind. i guess there is some sort of inexplicable characteristic about it that appeals to me.

As a hardcore and long-time FFXI player (IX = 9..), I can't let this pass by.

You said you played for months, however I don't know how much content you actually played throughout to say that "the plotlines nonexistant".

FFXI has some of the best stories in the series, Promathia stoyline can be up there next to 4 and 6 if you wish, while Zilart and Aht Urgahn aren't as good as CoP they are still better than some other weak stories (X-2, XII, V).

Party system wise is awesome, there is a very big difference between having to go through all the game inside a party/alliance and saying that the party system is flawed. You have your healers, your tanks, your de/buffers, your damage dealers, that's how a party/alliance work.

There have been many issues due to the irregularities to the job themselves, that made the community to center themselves on (in a kinda timeline) Rangers > Black Mages > Warriors > Samurais, while making the other jobs (talking about DDs) less wanted at the time to make exp pts or for end-game.

However all issues have been addressed during all these years, well everytime something else comes up as being 'overpowered' but everything comes and goes. Although some jobs like Dragoons have never seen the light of day again, or never have as Puppetmasters.

Anyway, as flawed as FFXI might be, it's really strong point against any other MMORPG or RPG are its stories and nobody who has finished any of the expansions would say the contrary.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 02:03   Link #124
EoT
~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kh- View Post
As a hardcore and long-time FFXI player (IX = 9..), I can't let this pass by.

You said you played for months, however I don't know how much content you actually played throughout to say that "the plotlines nonexistant".

FFXI has some of the best stories in the series, Promathia stoyline can be up there next to 4 and 6 if you wish, while Zilart and Aht Urgahn aren't as good as CoP they are still better than some other weak stories (X-2, XII, V).

Party system wise is awesome, there is a very big difference between having to go through all the game inside a party/alliance and saying that the party system is flawed. You have your healers, your tanks, your de/buffers, your damage dealers, that's how a party/alliance work.

There have been many issues due to the irregularities to the job themselves, that made the community to center themselves on (in a kinda timeline) Rangers > Black Mages > Warriors > Samurais, while making the other jobs (talking about DDs) less wanted at the time to make exp pts or for end-game.

However all issues have been addressed during all these years, well everytime something else comes up as being 'overpowered' but everything comes and goes. Although some jobs like Dragoons have never seen the light of day again, or never have as Puppetmasters.

Anyway, as flawed as FFXI might be, it's really strong point against any other MMORPG or RPG are its stories and nobody who has finished any of the expansions would say the contrary.
I couldn't agree more. I just wish they would create another similar game to FFXI because I am yet to find one.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 22:53   Link #125
sa547
*Author

I decided to let go after level 140 and asked myself "what's the point of being at level 155?", and concentrated on looking for work.

I was then playing a standard free-to-play South Korean grindfest with a school theme, but the grinding was too much, and with 15-year-olds (and some 20something players with 6-year-old brains) going around, there was too much griefing, punking, trash-talking and attention-whoring, RMTs and other stupid crap. Asides from the server lag and ISP foul-ups, it was also costing me quid to keep up, and only the rich kids could afford to powergrind and do RMTs. Even the official forums... well, let's just say it would be a nice example for Something Awful to point out.

To sum it up, I am disgusted to know that younger yet undisciplined Filipinos playing MMOs tend to give MMOs a very bad name. To quote someone I know of, they think that merely learning how to use the keyboard and the mouse gives them the right to take over the world. It's no wonder they're the butt of Internet jokes.

Technomo12: I will not be surprised if the day comes you get burned out completely and learn how hard it is.

Last edited by sa547; 2008-03-11 at 23:07. Reason: corrections
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote