AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2008-09-07, 06:55   Link #241
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Not a great chapter, but a nice break after all of evil capturing

And I thought at first it was not a bug, it was just a hidden route that only hardcore gamer can solve.

I always wondering what if Keima meet a bugged game and he can't get through, what will he do. Answer: Chapter 17
reminds me of
game boy color - Wario II, the first hidden level was right at the start of the 1st one, just dont press anything for 15 secs and u go to the bonus realm
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 03:46   Link #242
RBomber

Spoiler for Ch Twenty:
RBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 08:11   Link #243
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I dunno... I'm thinking of dropping this series. Its quickly becoming less interesting with each chapter. Maybe its just me =/
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 11:21   Link #244
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

With a tsunderekko coming up, there is still hope, well at least for one arc anyways.

The ending for the honya-san arc was kinda meh because the kiss just suddenly popped out like a bad pimple on christmas day. The preceding arc also was a bad one, so depending on this next arc it may decide whether I will continue this series or not.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 16:05   Link #245
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
With a tsunderekko coming up, there is still hope, well at least for one arc anyways.

The ending for the honya-san arc was kinda meh because the kiss just suddenly popped out like a bad pimple on christmas day. The preceding arc also was a bad one, so depending on this next arc it may decide whether I will continue this series or not.
I can . . .. see, . . the ending
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 22:42   Link #246
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I dunno... I'm thinking of dropping this series. Its quickly becoming less interesting with each chapter. Maybe its just me =/
Yeah, it's definitely you

Spoiler for 20:
Old 2008-09-12, 22:50   Link #247
FateAnomaly

How is it any less interesting? Even the non capturing parts are interesting. Actually, Elsee alone would make it worth reading. Their uniform is really smart looking i think. I wonder if there will be game for this manga after it is completed.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 01:45   Link #248
X207
Gamyūsa

the new arc does have an interesting target even if it doesnt improve my overall impression of the while series.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 05:34   Link #249
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Reading 16, 17 and 18 in one go...

Well I've definitely saw that ending of 16 already as well, but the real treat was how sweet the scene really turned out. It's unfortunate that the girls would lose their memories, but it's all for the better... I mean, can you imagine what would happen if they didn't?! Not even god could survive that scorn

Chapter 17 was very interesting As someone had said, Keima is just beyond hardcore to go to such lengths More than anything, I like the set up of the story, portraiting it as a rescue of a girl that everyone else has abandoned... In any other story, that would be romantic.

Chapter 18 is a set up for a new story, so I wasn't expecting anything grand yet...

Quote:
I'm sorry to say, it's just you

Wasn't sure what you're expecting out of this series though =/
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 09:53   Link #250
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
ch.18
I lol'd at hhow Elsee reacted to Keima's drawing despite him being serious about their topic. Who can blame her right?

The target girl, Kusonoki Kasuga remind me of Sakaki (AzuDa) and Tomoyo (Clannad) put together in one body. I lol'd hard when she glared at the cute kitten playing outside, poor kitty =/

Quote:
I agree, it's just you. Give it a little more push
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 17:41   Link #251
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Personally I do think that the "freshness" of this series has been wavering somewhat with the previous arcs but I won't be stopping any time soon

Chapter 20
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 20:17   Link #252
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
ch.18
I lol'd at hhow Elsee reacted to Keima's drawing despite him being serious about their topic. Who can blame her right?

The target girl, Kusonoki Kasuga remind me of Sakaki (AzuDa) and Tomoyo (Clannad) put together in one body. I lol'd hard when she glared at the cute kitten playing outside, poor kitty =/
lol i totally forgot that she had similar interests as sakaki. now if only all ats but one bite her/run away from her.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 20:26   Link #253
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

And the moe character type? Uh... "samurai".
Old 2008-09-14, 01:33   Link #254
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I guess it is just me, haha

If the main character actually showed progress in development... then I'll be more interested. But he's the same since chapter 1. Maybe kissing hot girls isn't enough? Maybe he needs to get laid, or maybe he's actually gay and disguising it by saying he only likes virtual girls.

Well, I'll give it another arc, the cool beauty who secretly loves cute things is one of my favorite archetypes. So, I'll see what happens.
Old 2008-09-14, 04:41   Link #255
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
I guess it is just me, haha

If the main character actually showed progress in development... then I'll be more interested. But he's the same since chapter 1. Maybe kissing hot girls isn't enough? Maybe he needs to get laid, or maybe he's actually gay and disguising it by saying he only likes virtual girls.

Well, I'll give it another arc, the cool beauty who secretly loves cute things is one of my favorite archetypes. So, I'll see what happens.
well you're not alone, i feel some of your pain now dont get me wrong i dont plan to drop this, its still enjoyable to a certain extent but after the great start of chapter one i was kinda hoping for more... something like more details to how he gets the girl to fall for him, more events that led to that. it just feels a bit rushed and i want it to be fleshed and built up more...

the between arc chapters are still a win for me but my favorite arc is still chapter 1...
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 07:26   Link #256
FateAnomaly

I dun really expect him to progress much beyond the kiss with the girls actually. After all, i am rooting for Elsee.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 07:32   Link #257
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You don't live 10 000 years in the game world just to cover up that your gay -_-;

But that aside, you shouldn't be expecting development on Keima this early stages... The story is about him helping the girls, and not about them helping him. To put it simply, there's no reason for Keima to have a change of heart at this point. But I guess that's what happens when you're a god...

Additionally, Keima wouldn't be Keima if he changes and accepts reality What made the character awesome in the first place would be lost if he becomes 'normal'.
Old 2008-09-14, 08:02   Link #258
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You don't live 10 000 years in the game world just to cover up that your gay -_-;

But that aside, you shouldn't be expecting development on Keima this early stages... The story is about him helping the girls, and not about them helping him. To put it simply, there's no reason for Keima to have a change of heart at this point. But I guess that's what happens when you're a god...

Additionally, Keima wouldn't be Keima if he changes and accepts reality What made the character awesome in the first place would be lost if he becomes 'normal'.
Why not? Some gay guys get married and have kids to hide their sexuality.

In the end it is about the main characters growth otherwise he's nothing more than a tool.

I'm not asking him to give up on gaming, I'm asking for growth as a person. He's jaded by sheer ignorance. Experience with real people should allow his ignorance to fade. But apparently, all the experiences he has gained so far means nothing. I don't expect a full 180 right away, but after every "arc" he reverts back to normal as if nothing has ever happened. It becomes tiresome after awhile.
Old 2008-09-14, 08:28   Link #259
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Why not? Some gay guys get married and have kids to hide their sexuality.
Because there are far easier ways to do it -_-

Quote:
In the end it is about the main characters growth otherwise he's nothing more than a tool.
But forced character development is even worse.

You give development because the character needs it.

What does Keima need? To interact people in the real world? To fall for a real girl?? Why? Because that's what normal people should do?

Quote:
I'm not asking him to give up on gaming, I'm asking for growth as a person. He's jaded by sheer ignorance. Experience with real people should allow his ignorance to fade. But apparently, all the experiences he has gained so far means nothing. I don't expect a full 180 right away, but after every "arc" he reverts back to normal as if nothing has ever happened. It becomes tiresome after awhile.
Ignorance? I wouldn't call it that. He knows the difference between the real world and his perfect gaming world.

He dislikes the real world, but he has no problem living it out, this is proven with his success at 'capturing' girls.

What do you expect him to learn from all those girls? What could those 4 (now 5) girls teach him that he doesn't already know?
Old 2008-09-14, 08:49   Link #260
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Sanity exist through socialization, if you were on an isolated Island with nothing at all, completely by yourself you'll eventually go completely mad. To socialize is to be human, not cause its "normal", hell primative beasts have a form of socialization, even otakus crave socialization. Why else would there be conventions and forums that cater? Some may say things like "I don't like people" blah blah blah, but thats a complete lie. If you really hate people you wouldn't interact with anyone in real life or online, you'll isolate yourself in a cave somewhere making love to a wild dog.

What he needs to learn is emotions. Emotions derive from interactions ( or for some emotions, lack there of ) with people. Experiencing first hand is completely different than reading or watching. He's showing that he's completely void of human emotions.

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen