AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-02, 10:48   Link #281
00Coyote

Sumeragi unleashes Matsumoto Rise pic spam.

Flawless Victory!
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 13:14   Link #282
SidVicious
Anime addict

First episode is out.
Old 2012-07-02, 13:31   Link #283
Midonin
Last Engage

Yuruyuri Quaver 01 - Grand Delusions of a Heroic Lily

Akari's delusion power is maximum. I was looking forward to her introduction, and the show went all out for her first reappearance. That entire dream sequence that started off the show... I knew it was going to pull away and reveal that Akari was still the same background shadow we had come to know and pity, it was only a matter of time. It was only when Chizuru burst through the floor that it became clear her dream was coming to a close. A wonderful, if disorienting sequence. Himawari smacked Sakurako away with her boobs, for crying out loud.

Once that delusion of grandeur ended, a nice reintroduction to the characters. I like the new opening and ending - the OP with its theater motif and the ED's animation style in particular. The eyecatches are a lot more vibrant, and more leitmotifs for future character songs are also present. Hooray! The dynamics are unchanged, and the comedy is as good as it was before. (Poor Akari.) Chinatsu was the one who gained a new dimension, I thought. The way her hair devoured a small carton of ping pong balls was... yeah.

It's been a long time since the last season. It was only last week I saw Kyoko and Akari as Ghuta and Tamao, and Rumi Ookubo's really moving up in the world. She's been Cure Muse, Nobunaga and Tsumiki since the first season was off the air, but I'll always remember her as Chinatsu. It's a role she plays well. The parts with the girls were a lot of fun, but I liked the parts that bookended the show.

Finally, we get to see a bit of a Mirakurun episode/movie (okay, a bit more. This was probably the longest segment yet). Like that one episode of To Love Ru. It's not a full episode of Z-Cune Aoi, but the tone is similar enough that it satisfies the part of me that likes show within a shows. Rivalun's plan was notably silly, and Chinatsu and Mirakurun may have more in common than just their appearance.

Akari's Harem End may not happen, but I'm glad to see her and her friends back. Let's get this show started.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 14:50   Link #284
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Akari~n!

This new season started with a bang. I couldn't stop laughing throughout Akari's dream sequence. Part of me felt bad at the same time, because I knew what we were seeing was just Akari's lonely delusion and that it's impossible for her to become such a grand main character. Oh, Akari ;_;

The real world was no different from the usual, and I wouldn't have it any other way of course. Chinatsu is still scary (that eyecatch, Jesus), Akari is still bullied, Kyoko is still a big ball of energy, and Yui is still cool and collected. Their trip at the hot springs was tremendous fun.

The new opening and ending are both very nice and suit the series perfectly. Yuruyuri's got to have catchy songs like these.

So glad Yuruyuri is back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Chinatsu was the one who gained a new dimension, I thought. The way her hair devoured a small carton of ping pong balls was... yeah.
I was surprised she followed Kyoko into the hot spring so that she wouldn't feel lonely. Chinatsu does have her good sides, after all. She still has her scary sides as well though... like that black hole hair...
Old 2012-07-02, 15:34   Link #285
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
The first half was okay, but it got good during the second half. I don't know how Season 2 will fare, it feels like they are going to overdo it with the gags and the yuri stuff. It gave a different vibe to me so far. I hope it's as good as season 1 then.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 16:13   Link #286
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Akari's dream/delusion harem part at the start just too hilarious I laughed almost the entire time during, I really enjoyed how it went all out to include all the support cast even, and how easily they accepted anything she said or did . And the silly guitar music they used just made it even better. Kyouko writing Akari and Mirakurun was pretty great too.

The rest was plenty enjoyable to see them play table tennis was amusing, I laughed pretty hard when Kyouko did her double shot and both of the balls got absorbed into Chinatsu's hair at the same time, and Kyouko's wanting to watch the Mirakurun movie on TV while being excited and crying over was so silly, good to see she hasn't changed . Overall I am really glad the show is back, and the OP seems a bit better in anime, though I still prefer the new ED.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 16:13   Link #287
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I dreamed or early back we saw the big sister of Akarin??

me too and I laughed too at the beginning haha I thought "this is what hula is madness"
hahaha
Old 2012-07-02, 16:41   Link #288
00Coyote

BWHAHAHAHAHAH!

The greatest over the top re-introduction to ever grace anime!
The Spanish guitar! The boob body check into the chalkboard! The Ultra Pimp Akari! Everyone loves you Akari! You are so popular Akari! You are the kingpin of the whole series Akari!

Oh damn it, dream sequence. Although now we know what show Akari was watching before their train ride.... Acchi Kocchi, she was dreaming what would happen if she was Io.

And part B is... more of the same YuruYuri from season 2, which I'm totally ok with.

Energetic, check.
Random gags, check.
Omnivorous hair, check.
Plot with the attention span of a hummingbird on a caffeine IV drip, check.

Welcome back YuruYuri, welcome back.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 17:05   Link #289
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
That was definitely her, that we saw even if only for a few moments while Akari ate breakfast.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 17:42   Link #290
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Hah! Wonderful start to the new season. I've been waiting for this a long time.

So Akari dreams of seducing all the girls huh. Common Akari don't give up your dream. I guess it would have been too dark a joke to have Akari forgotten in her own dream of being the most popular in the school.

Also I'm pretty sure Chinatsu will be some point revealed to be another form of Nyarlathotep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
AKANE! AKANE! I really hope she gets more then just a back shot cameo in a dream.

Anyway, that ending was rather cute, even though Akari was forgotten again.
Old 2012-07-02, 18:10   Link #291
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I had read in a site that we will see the big sister of Akarin but I hope that they not speak of this brief appearance in episode 1, I hope in future episodes will have the new
Old 2012-07-02, 18:43   Link #292
Texas84
よろしく

Freaking home run. Had no idea this was out. The opening was perfect. I was right there with the crowd. Akarin! I need to get a life.
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 19:23   Link #293
scr
my sides are in orbit

JUU-MOUSOU! POPULAR CHANGE!
... I thought Akarin hates Chinatsu?
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 20:07   Link #294
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Akari who hated Chinatsu? no it never was the case ...
Old 2012-07-02, 20:55   Link #295
Random Wanderer

Ah... I wish my favorites had had a chance to show up outisde of Akari's dream.

Still a good start. Hopefully next week will have more Himawari, Sakurako, and Ayano.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 21:16   Link #296
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I have the stupidest grin on my face right now. Welcome back, Yuruyuri.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 21:52   Link #297
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

The one kind of dream that will never come true, Akari being that popular and noticable as in her dream. Here is to hoping for another fine season with Yuru Yuri.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 23:28   Link #298
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

the only words to say on it Ay caramba!

yea who would thought what her name aka akarin finally everyone loves her i was almost cue ONORE DECADE but it was all a dream.

oh well at everything in world yuru yuri is normal as usual give chinatsu's hair ping pong balls to what her name as usual & etc.

ok then what else to expect (give we still waiting to see what her name's sister face).
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 23:32   Link #299
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Acording to ANN, Namori has started a new YuruYuri spin off manga called Ōmuro-ke which she is posting on Nico Nico Seiga. As its says on the tin it focuses on Sakurako and her sisters.
Old 2012-07-02, 23:41   Link #300
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
JUU-MOUSOU! POPULAR CHANGE!
... I thought Akarin hates Chinatsu?
Your confusing Akarin for the fans, who hates Chinatsu.

Seriously, the whole focus on the first half was longer than I expect, how they delude Akarin with a harem.

Tags
club, comedy, ecchi, school life, seinen, shoujo-ai, yuri