AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2014-02-09, 05:33   Link #1
Sol Falling

Tezuka Osamu no Buddha

The second entry of Toei's adaptation trilogy of Tezuka Osamu's Buddha premiered today. I haven't seen it, but by some freak coincidence I just happened to finish watching a fansub of the first movie I've had sitting on my hard drive for months now a couple hours ago as well.

If I might just say, the first movie was awesome. A beautiful rendition of stirring characters and conflicts which captivated me for the ~2 hours it was playing. The couple reviews I managed to find online were all mostly negative, unfavourably comparing the movie to the manga. Of course, I consider the manga a better work as well, but a movie is more directly engaging, sharable, and easily digestable.

Having just barely whetted my appetite, I have to say I'm hyped for the second movie. I suppose I will have to wait 6+ months for the BDs to come out, and potentially even longer for fansubs, but this kind of stuff is really such a breath of fresh air from the standard sort of anime pumped out every season. Anyway, I looked around and I couldn't find a discussion thread for either the first movie or the manga. What a grievous mistake, lol. In any case I highly encourage people to go check out the first movie.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, buddha, enlightenment, tezuka osamu, toei