AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2008-09-27, 02:24   Link #181
Ransom

I seem to have accidentally broken my computer's ability to play .mkv files. When deleting old and unused programs, I accidentally deleted the Mastroka pack. I've tried reinstalling both it and the CCCP, but attempting to play .mkv files gives me errors about MPC not being able to render some of the pins in the graph, and the sound plays but I don't get any video. Any suggestions for how to fix this?

Edit: nvm, I needed to redownload the h.264 codec.

Last edited by Ransom; 2008-09-27 at 03:01.
Old 2008-09-27, 06:39   Link #182
martino
makes no files now

What's that H.264 codec? There's quite a bunch of those...

Also Matroska pack? What? All you need is CCCP, and a Reset All Settings and Re-Register All Filters usually do the trick.
Old 2008-11-19, 05:33   Link #183
Nadasaki

Send a message via MSN to Nadasaki
I read trough most of this topic, installed CCCP pack, CoreAVC, AC3 filter, and Haali media splitter. Someone suggested to disable the CCCP's h.264 in order for CoreAVC to take over. It did speed up my MKV playback a fair amount but the video still lags. I was wondering if it has to do with my config so take a look:

Spoiler for CCCP Insurgent log:

Spoiler for Test render for 720p:

I'm thinking CPU overclock?
Any suggestions would be very appreciated. ^^'
Old 2008-11-19, 06:36   Link #184
Milvus

Quote:
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.5GHz
Your CPU is probably the problem, it's not enough for 720p H.264. I have a Athlon 2600+ (~1.9GHz) , it manage to play 720p quite well (with FFDshow) but it's still a bit borderline (80-90% CPU Usage, some lag from time to time on heavy motion OP).

Unfortunately, hardware upgrade is probably the only choice with certain results. Don't know a lot about overclocking, so I can't say if it will help you, will be unsufficient or will fry your computer.
Old 2008-11-19, 08:26   Link #185
emptyeighty

Quote:
Filter 4: E:\Downloads\Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven.mkv
Filename: e:\Program Files\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\splitter.ax
Uninstall that Haali using Add/Remove Programs. It's already in the CCCP. After you've removed it, do a reset settings and re-register filters in CCCP settings, 2nd page.

AC3Filter is unneeded too, and actually not even in your log. ffdshow audio decodes AC3/DTS just as well.

Post another test render and full log + a media info on the file after you've uninstalled Haali.

PS: Overclocking is not such a good idea, it can lead to random borks in playback.
Old 2008-11-19, 11:42   Link #186
Nadasaki

Uninstalled Haali and some other stuff i found (DivX, vobsub, ???codec). Installed CCCP again just to make sure nothing's missing and did the reset/re-register.
Nothing changed by the looks of it.

Spoiler for cccp.insurgent.scan:

Spoiler for Test render:

Spoiler for Media info:

And with this file i'm not even getting the sound right (and it was OK before i did the "haali cleanse")
Spoiler for Media info 2:

And yeah, i know i need a hardware upgrade, i guess i just can't admit this li'l ol' bucket o' mine can't handle HD ~.~
Old 2008-11-20, 06:33   Link #187
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadasaki View Post
Uninstalled Haali and some other stuff i found (DivX, vobsub, ???codec). Installed CCCP again just to make sure nothing's missing and did the reset/re-register.
Nothing changed by the looks of it.
Your log is fine now, using all CCCP components except CoreAVC of course. I'm afraid it doesn't get any faster than that.

Quote:
And with this file i'm not even getting the sound right (and it was OK before i did the "haali cleanse")
Spoiler for Media info 2:
How exactly is the sound not right? And what players did you try?
Old 2008-11-20, 17:14   Link #188
Nadasaki

Tried mpc, vlc and zoom. They all act the same. The sound is very very low and a bit choppy. Maybe it's the file but as i said, it was fine before...
Thanks for the help though :]
Old 2008-11-20, 18:11   Link #189
emptyeighty

MPC and Zoom as installed by CCCP?

Reset settings again, then in CCCP's MPC right click -> Options -> Output, what does it say under "DirectShow Audio"?
Old 2008-11-21, 08:37   Link #190
Nadasaki

Yes, i deleted all the other players beofre installing cccp.

It says Default DirectSound device. Under Internal Filters/Audio Switchers i enabled "normalize" and it raised the volume. Maybe that was enabled before? But it doesn't affect other files though...
Old 2008-11-21, 10:43   Link #191
emptyeighty

Default DirectSound device is what it should be. Not sure if normalize was enabled before, but possible. Do other Vorbis files have the same problem?

Also, in MPC Options -> Internal Filters under "Transform Filters" enable Vorbis, see if that does anything.
Old 2008-12-02, 01:11   Link #192
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I'm staring to hate CCCP because every time i play my To Aru Majutsu no Index MKV episodes, everything is out of sync! The video is too slow and the subtitles don't match. I never had this problem when i had XP Codec pack installed and the reason i still keeping CCCP so i can watch the softsubs of Ga-Rei Zero.

And here's my PC specs so you might figure out whats the problem.

Quote:
Windows XP Media Center Edition SP 2
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.06GHz
3.07GHz, 224 MB of RAM
PS. If your a Vista user, don't bother getting CCCP, Vista Codec Pack works fine with anime episodes in different video formats i tested.
Old 2008-12-02, 03:37   Link #193
emptyeighty

XP Codec Pack uses ffdshow just like CCCP, so there shouldn't be any noticeable difference. Grab CCCP Insurgent, do a tools -> test render, tools -> media info and tools -> CRC check on one of the problematic files. Then file -> save log and post that log here with spoiler tags.
Old 2008-12-02, 10:00   Link #194
Daiz
Pioneer in Fansub 2.0

Vista Codec Pack is an extremely bloated codec pack and should be avoided, just use CCCP like a sane person would.

Also, it seems that your CPU is a bit on the older side, so I'd suggest getting CoreAVC along with CCCP in order to speed H.264 decoding. See the guide linked in my signature.
Old 2008-12-02, 18:32   Link #195
jutsuri

Audio works but screen is black

I apologize if this is a repeat post, but after reading through several pages and not seeing someone with the same problem I didn't feel like looking anymore.

I'm having problems trying to play a h264 mpv file, I have CCCP and when I try to play the file with Zoom Player I get a black screen with functioning audio. When I use MPC the audio and sound both work but it is very laggy.

I have windows xp, Celaron CPU 2.40 GHz, 256 MB of RAM. That may be the problem.

I got the CCCPI and rendered the problem file, but I couldn't understand the results. Please help me.

Spoiler for test render:

Last edited by jutsuri; 2008-12-02 at 18:42.
Old 2008-12-03, 02:32   Link #196
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutsuri View Post
I apologize if this is a repeat post, but after reading through several pages and not seeing someone with the same problem I didn't feel like looking anymore.

I'm having problems trying to play a h264 mpv file, I have CCCP and when I try to play the file with Zoom Player I get a black screen with functioning audio. When I use MPC the audio and sound both work but it is very laggy.

I have windows xp, Celaron CPU 2.40 GHz, 256 MB of RAM. That may be the problem.

I got the CCCPI and rendered the problem file, but I couldn't understand the results. Please help me.

Spoiler for test render:
Your test render is fine. Also post a tools -> media info and CRC check of the file, plus the full log from file -> save log. Furthermore, with that kind of CPU you should definitely use CoreAVC.
Old 2008-12-08, 14:02   Link #197
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Ok, these mkv files are driving me nuts.

I've read through most of this thread and I've tried to set up best I could. I have both CCCP and CoreAVC installed. I usually use the core media player although I also have media player classic installed. However, most mkv files still don't work. Right now I'm trying to play AniYoshis Gai Rei Zero episodes, however there is a big lag between the audio/video and its also choppy at times. I don't get why I'm having trouble with this since I can play their Allison and Lillia mkv files just fine. I can also play the 704x400 mkv files that Menclave puts out, but thats about it. Most don't play no matter how much I play around with the configuration. I know my computer is about 5 years old now and I don't expect to be able to play the higher quality mkv files, just the standard ones. I don't know the specs off the top of my head, but I know its XP with 256 memory. Is there something wrong with the way I'm setting things up? Any help would be appreciated greatly.
Old 2008-12-08, 15:49   Link #198
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

That 256. Are you referring to your Video Card or your Physical Ram?

Cheers.
Old 2008-12-08, 16:43   Link #199
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shabaz View Post
Ok, these mkv files are driving me nuts.

I've read through most of this thread and I've tried to set up best I could. I have both CCCP and CoreAVC installed. I usually use the core media player although I also have media player classic installed. However, most mkv files still don't work. Right now I'm trying to play AniYoshis Gai Rei Zero episodes, however there is a big lag between the audio/video and its also choppy at times. I don't get why I'm having trouble with this since I can play their Allison and Lillia mkv files just fine. I can also play the 704x400 mkv files that Menclave puts out, but thats about it. Most don't play no matter how much I play around with the configuration. I know my computer is about 5 years old now and I don't expect to be able to play the higher quality mkv files, just the standard ones. I don't know the specs off the top of my head, but I know its XP with 256 memory. Is there something wrong with the way I'm setting things up? Any help would be appreciated greatly.
Make sure you have the latest CCCP and are using the included players. Then reset settings/re-register filters in CCCP settings, 2nd page. If said files have H.264 video, try CoreAVC.

On a 5 year old computer, it's perfectly possible that 720p or above won't play. I'd have to know your exact CPU model and GHz amount though to make any further statement.
Old 2008-12-08, 17:29   Link #200
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyeighty View Post
Make sure you have the latest CCCP and are using the included players. Then reset settings/re-register filters in CCCP settings, 2nd page. If said files have H.264 video, try CoreAVC.
From his posts he is already using coreavc. Without his specs, the only thing i suggest is to disable all kind of deblocking (in corecavc) and filtering, if you have ffdshow enabled for all video input processing. It might be worth checking if you have disabled h264 decoding in ffdshow.

Tags
matroska, mkv, wiki candidate