Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-10-13, 20:10   Link #881
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkouhyou View Post
Wang wouldn't have to have an incredibly well-developed backstory. She might just be a bored, power-tripping rich kid who has never experienced any real suffering. Warmongering is just a game to her. Like Light from Death Note, she wants to remake the world according to her own ideals regardless of whether people die. She probably thinks she's a lot smarter than she is.
Agreed. Although it doesn't show her having any relatives.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 13:57   Link #882
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Does anyone think the battles this season will be more about quality and less about Quantity (ie more powerful suits, but less of them per battle)?

I mean in the latest episode we had only 5 suits (mixed A-heads and GN-X's) attack the Ptolemaios, while Seravee and 00 Gundam (even though they are upgraded from last season) had trouble with them.

They were able to:

- push through the mine field CB set up,
- avoid the GN missiles launched at them by the Ptolemaios,
- move foward passed Seravee's long range attack,
- march and kick past Seravee in close combat,
- attack 00 Gundam WHILE it was on the launch pad inside the Ptolemaios(!)
- and after all that, after 00 Gundam launched, they still had enough fighting strength to give 00 Gundam a small fight with the anti-beam grenade field.

Talk about close calls!

If they were just 5 flags from season 1 attacking Ptolemaios, they wouldn't have gotten even close.
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 14:16   Link #883
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
After I read about Marina's spoiler, I went back and watch the 5th preview again. They showed Marina being tied to a chair a little similar to the one of Allelujah, and it seems like someone is questioning her about something.

May be they ask her about Kataron? Or it might be about Celestial Being.

And after I saw Setsuna pointing gun at someone (or something) in Episode 3 preview I think it's even more possible for that spoiler to be true.

I just want to share it with everyone. But I'm usually wrong though.
At the end of ep 2 you can see Marina in a cell much like the one my boy Allelujah is in...me thinks that Setsuna goes to save him, goes in the wrong cell...and BOOM!!!

Marina Ismail! Who Setsuna looks at and says"come with me if you want to live."
Old 2008-10-14, 14:52   Link #884
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120% View Post
Does anyone think the battles this season will be more about quality and less about Quantity (ie more powerful suits, but less of them per battle)?

I mean in the latest episode we had only 5 suits (mixed A-heads and GN-X's) attack the Ptolemaios, while Seravee and 00 Gundam (even though they are upgraded from last season) had trouble with them.

They were able to:

- and after all that, after 00 Gundam launched, they still had enough fighting strength to give 00 Gundam a small fight with the anti-beam grenade field.

Talk about close calls!

If they were just 5 flags from season 1 attacking Ptolemaios, they wouldn't have gotten even close.
i like close calls lol and i imagine the bad guys getting stronger and given the new gundams a even harder time lol unlike un seed where al the bad guys just got owned easily
GundamMeisterLockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 15:28   Link #885
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
At the end of ep 2 you can see Marina in a cell much like the one my boy Allelujah is in...me thinks that Setsuna goes to save him, goes in the wrong cell...and BOOM!!!

Marina Ismail! Who Setsuna looks at and says"come with me if you want to live."
That would be funny, sweet...and...weird at the same time. LOL

Funny that Setsuna is so clumsy to enter the wrong cell.

Sweet that they would meet each other again.

And...weird...if he said that in order to save her...it's a bit scary.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 15:53   Link #886
Wal Ouran Leviathan

What would be funny is that Setsuna would be, again, saving someone he knows and that he didn't expect to meet
Wal Ouran Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 16:26   Link #887
bergarmak
benelunium research unity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata
Which makes me wonder where Liumei is getting the GN tech from to build a new suit.

Does the main CB crew know that Nena is with her? The red Haro with Saji considers the Thrones to be "enemies" so I suspect the relationship is secret.

It'd be rather embarrassing for the main CB crew if they provided some technology to one of their enemies... Maybe Liumei is getting it from the Feds (since she has tentacles everywhere...)

Can they just recycle the old drei to a new one? Yes in 4 years CB make out 4 gundams unit. As we can see in S1 some pets robots make the work, so just have to order.

I think Nena is not part fo CB. She is temporaly use by the pink lady liumei, but upon an agreement : need vengeance of her bros. So she is acting like her pet until she will act on her own. I hope she is still bitchy to make the plot.

the ribbons faction is possibly provided some technology to EF.
bergarmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 03:45   Link #888
killbethy

I would definitely assume that CB knows that Nena is with Wang Liu Mei... the ending of Season 1 where Wang meets up with Ian and requests to see 0 Gundam and talks about 00 Gundam, Nena is with her. So at the very least, Ian knows.
killbethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 04:43   Link #889
CombiHenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbethy View Post
I would definitely assume that CB knows that Nena is with Wang Liu Mei... the ending of Season 1 where Wang meets up with Ian and requests to see 0 Gundam and talks about 00 Gundam, Nena is with her. So at the very least, Ian knows.
If you re-watch the scene, Nena is not with Wang Liu Mei or Hong Long when they paid 0 Gundam a visit.

Nena was observing the proceedings via internal CB security monitors... she could have been on the ship Wang came on without anyone knowing.
CombiHenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 09:55   Link #890
mashimaro_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
She doesn't have to fight. Hong Rong is enough!!! He can take down Gundams without any MS!
ya they have Kung Fu MA for Hong Rong
mashimaro_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 17:59   Link #891
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombiHenge View Post
If you re-watch the scene, Nena is not with Wang Liu Mei or Hong Long when they paid 0 Gundam a visit.

Nena was observing the proceedings via internal CB security monitors... she could have been on the ship Wang came on without anyone knowing.
Since this ship was the Trinity Mothership, I'd say CB should at least have some suspicions on where Nena is.
Old 2008-10-15, 20:54   Link #892
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

I am just thinking... That Ahead got owned with one shot. How is the masked mans Mod Ahead able to put up a fight >_>
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 20:59   Link #893
Hellbore

MM will probably be a better pilot and not be sacrificed to show how 00 is superior.
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 20:59   Link #894
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox View Post
I am just thinking... That Ahead got owned with one shot. How is the masked mans Mod Ahead able to put up a fight >_>
a) has more armor
b) has better armor (E-carbon like the Gundams, etc.)
c) Graham's a good enough pilot to dodge beam fire in a Flag, you don't think he can manage in a vastly more maneuverable Ahead?

whatever works for you.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 05:47   Link #895
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox View Post
graham will be able to fight the double o he an't just some pilot he is a hell of a pilot he toke on a throne and exia and yes exia was out of juice coz it used trans am but still
GundamMeisterLockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 07:47   Link #896
Celestial
妹ちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120% View Post

They were able to:

Talk about close calls!

Uhuh.

Although the Aheads and GN-XIIIs were pwned flat by 00, I gotta admit that they were vastly superior compared to their S1 counterparts.

Tierens, Hellions and Realdos were completely moot, no questions asked. Even the latest mass produced units, like the Flags or the Enacts, were barely able to last ten seconds against the Gundams. The three factions only stood a chance against CB when the GN-Xs were introduced, and in my opinion, that's kinda sad, considering how many aces and talented pilots the three major factions have.

Last edited by Celestial; 2008-10-16 at 09:09.
Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 08:54   Link #897
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Ummm...didn't they attack Ptolemaios(sp?) with like 6 suits...2 of which got draped in the first barrage of missles...then Teira held off the boss dude, who apparently looks like he's the leader of that little platoon...

Then 00 takes out 2 more...

I wouldn't call it close when they don't land one hit on either gundams.

And 00 doesn't have it's full armanents yet...Question though...why was that one pilot so shocked when 00 fired a beam? He's all like "WTF WEAPON IS THAT!?!?!?!"
Old 2008-10-16, 09:04   Link #898
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
And 00 doesn't have it's full armanents yet...Question though...why was that one pilot so shocked when 00 fired a beam? He's all like "WTF WEAPON IS THAT!?!?!?!"
I think he was more shocked at how a mere beam rifle shot could be so powerful as to basically tear a third of his mobile suit apart in a single shot. S1 showed how resilient GN-X's are against beams, and it stands to reason that the Ahead has better beam defense, hence the surprise.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 12:52   Link #899
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I think he was more shocked at how a mere beam rifle shot could be so powerful as to basically tear a third of his mobile suit apart in a single shot. S1 showed how resilient GN-X's are against beams, and it stands to reason that the Ahead has better beam defense, hence the surprise.
but the GN-Xs were 30 suits custom made by Alejandro to destroy Celestial Being, not really mass production models used by hundreds of pilots all over the Earthsphere and whose construction costs had to be funded by a government instead of a billion/trillionaire with little or no commitments on his personal wealth.

They could have skimped on all sorts of armor and anti-beam weapon measures on the Aheads and GN-XIII. (they cut the binders on the latter after all) Aheads in particular with those giant verniers on the back seem to have a focus on speed, so it wouldn't be surprising if defense was sacrificed to improve the other trait.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 15:28   Link #900
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Also you have to factor in whether or not the Feds managed to improve the GN Drive Tau.

If they can't improve upon them, then any improvement in their GN tech would affect their MS operation time, since the GN Drive Tau is really just a capacitor more than anything else.