AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-17, 03:01   Link #221
larethian

also RIP Chinatsu's monologue/thoughts about Tatara in anime. This arc is definitely too long for 12-13 episodes to cover without some liberal adjustments.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-18, 12:58   Link #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
also RIP Chinatsu's monologue/thoughts about Tatara in anime.
Care to elaborate? I didn't remember much Chinatsu-related getting cut so far.

Spoiler:

Quote:
This arc is definitely too long for 12-13 episodes to cover without some liberal adjustments.
They've kept most of the mains points thus far. What would you consider a liberal adjustment?

Spoiler:
998185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 12:01   Link #223
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This turned out better than I expected. Tatara and Chinatsu had to withdraw, but Tatara had a breakthrough and they managed to get marks by every judge and would have passed if he hadn't just suddenly stopped dancing.

The problems they're still having are due to their personalities IMO. Tatara is too submissive whereas Chinatsu is dominant and refuses to be led properly, perhaps unconsciously because she's so used to leading. I've noticed she's always grossed out when Tatara does something leader-like. Of course, it's not like you need to be as submissive as Mako to be a good partner, since Shizuku and the other Chi-chan are doing just fine, so it's more like the combination of their two opposite personalities associated with a mental block that's holding them back.

Marisa wants to force Tatara to "take the reins", but he's already stated he didn't want to be a typical leader so maybe he'll find another way to make their pairing work.
Old 2017-10-28, 21:24   Link #224
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm.... Chinatsu voicing the exact same sentiments I have since last episode. Still wonder if it's a Japan thing still, but at least the author lampshades it.

Still, pretty hard to keep my sanity this episode, as ShizukuXHyodo is OFF the charts.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 11:06   Link #225
ArrowSmith

I am so loving this show! The tension between Tatara and Chinatsu is off the charts, crazy!
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 12:49   Link #226
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The show acknowledged Tatara and Chinatsu both have issues, but they put most of the blame on Tatara for being so wimpy and indecisive Chinatsu can't trust his lead. I can't say I completely disagree, but I thought he had made progress during the competition. Kinda seemed like that was thrown out of the window.

Chinatsu being jealous of Mako was cute.
Old 2017-10-29, 16:23   Link #227
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Chinatsu being jealous of Mako was cute.
I thought so, too. It was a intriguing combination of personal jealousy and professional jealousy.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-30, 01:19   Link #228
Bordix

Quote:
The show acknowledged Tatara and Chinatsu both have issues, but they put most of the blame on Tatara for being so wimpy and indecisive Chinatsu can't trust his lead. I can't say I completely disagree, but I thought he had made progress during the competition. Kinda seemed like that was thrown out of the window.
During their last competition she trusted him, set her fued with Akira aside and willingly gave him the reigns despite his terrible leading for the sake of being a couple. Tatara screwed up by spacing out which got them eliminated (she was actually crying in the manga) So I can see why she still have trouble trusting him, that and the added pressure by Marissa having them win their next comp.
Old 2017-10-30, 12:02   Link #229
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
During their last competition she trusted him, set her fued with Akira aside and willingly gave him the reigns despite his terrible leading for the sake of being a couple. Tatara screwed up by spacing out which got them eliminated (she was actually crying in the manga) So I can see why she still have trouble trusting him, that and the added pressure by Marissa having them win their next comp.
They should have kept the crying scene, because I wasn't under the impression their loss affected her this much.
Old 2017-10-31, 08:45   Link #230

Quote:
They should have kept the crying scene, because I wasn't under the impression their loss affected her this much.
I was surprised that they skipped the Chinatsu one after Tatara zoned out of the competition since the show kept most Chinatsu-related events with only minor changes until that. It would have made her more sympathetic afterwards, and Chinatsu's been lacking in that respect, so she could have used it.

I'm more understanding of the other crying scene that was skipped since it takes the focus away from Chinatsu-Tatara which the show's been concentrating on this cour. Some other scenes that served the same sort of purpose had been skipped previously, so I was sort of expecting that anyway.
998185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-01, 07:44   Link #231
justpassingby

PVs (short version) for the scour OP and ED:

Old 2017-11-01, 10:41   Link #232
larethian

Nice Mikakoshi, though rather than the two random actors in her MV, I like the depiction in the anime's ED more.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 03:51   Link #233
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Kiyoharu has a funny way of complimenting people...
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 14:32   Link #234
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kiyoharu is weird in general.

Good to see Tatara and Chinatsu doing well. Next week will give us Akira's point of view on her relationship with Chinatsu, apparently, which should be interesting.
Old 2017-11-05, 20:39   Link #235
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Hyoudou is probably my favorite character in the story. Why he roots for Tatara is still something of a mystery (he might see Tatara as the rival he wants to have), but he has a better understanding of himself and his sport than the others sharing the bench with him, including megane-hime Shizuku.

This show has improved markedly over the past few episodes. Certainly the tension between Tatara and Chinatsu has had a lot to do with that, but it seems like the staff has upped their game in the second half, too. The dancing is better animated, and the choices of music more appropriate than in the first cour.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 12:37   Link #236
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Kiyoharu is weird in general.

Good to see Tatara and Chinatsu doing well. Next week will give us Akira's point of view on her relationship with Chinatsu, apparently, which should be interesting.
I was really disappointed with that onsen scene from two episodes ago. It left out one of my favorite Kiyoharu moments. That and we didn't really get to see the guys showing off. >_>

Spoiler for comparison to the manga for left out scene:
Old 2017-11-07, 12:52   Link #237
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I was really disappointed with that onsen scene from two episodes ago. It left out one of my favorite Kiyoharu moments. That and we didn't really get to see the guys showing off. >_>

Spoiler for comparison to the manga for left out scene:
That sounds so hilarious
Old 2017-11-08, 16:45   Link #238
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/...-story/.123729

So anime will pass manga in point of the story. Seems like it might be similar but also different front what the author plans to do in the manga.
Old 2017-11-11, 18:44   Link #239
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So we got Akira's side of things. I can definitely sympathize with her. Chinatsu has been the object of her admiration (love?) for so long, yet after they picked up dance, Chinatsu never looked back at her. I'd like to know how Chinatsu feels about Akira now. She definitely considered her a friend at first (even stood up for her against bullies), but it seemed all she cared about near the end were the competitions.
Old 2017-11-12, 00:05   Link #240
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
So we got Akira's side of things. I can definitely sympathize with her. Chinatsu has been the object of her admiration (love?) for so long, yet after they picked up dance, Chinatsu never looked back at her. I'd like to know how Chinatsu feels about Akira now. She definitely considered her a friend at first (even stood up for her against bullies), but it seemed all she cared about near the end were the competitions.

Maybe she could sense that Aki wasn't really interested in dancing like she was. Aki was just doing it to be near Chinatsu. Aki is Chinatsu-obsessed.

Tags
ballroom dancing