Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-02, 06:31   Link #101
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Please explain the horrible way Hitsugaya has been treated. Was it his massive ammount of screen time? Or maybe the entire movie devoted to his character development?
I think he was refering to Hitsugaya always getting beat up... although in this case I see no difference since exactly same thing happens in manga...
Old 2009-06-02, 19:50   Link #102
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis3200 View Post
I think he was refering to Hitsugaya always getting beat up... although in this case I see no difference since exactly same thing happens in manga...
i don't think he has ever gotten beat up in the anime, besides when it happened in the manga. He wins all off his fights in
Spoiler for profanity:
I remember him winning fairly easily in the bounto arcs
Old 2009-06-02, 20:04   Link #103
ImpelDown

They should just make all of Bleach about him :P. He already has a movie about him, he's the most popular, he has the most popular Zanpakuto.... actually... looks like Bleach is already about him.
Old 2009-06-02, 20:12   Link #104
Gin
*Artist

his zanpaktou is only popular because it belongs to Hitsugaya. it was never very cool until ch.359. Other than his new moves, Hitsugaya and his zanpaktou never lived up to their reputation as the strongest ice type zanpaktou
Old 2009-06-02, 20:12   Link #105
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpelDown View Post
They should just make all of Bleach about him :P. He already has a movie about him, he's the most popular, he has the most popular Zanpakuto.... actually... looks like Bleach is already about him.
He and Ichigo should switch places

Although it won't help much since I dislike them both
Old 2009-06-02, 20:17   Link #106
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
his zanpaktou is only popular because it belongs to Hitsugaya. it was never very cool until ch.359. Other than his new moves, Hitsugaya and his zanpaktou never lived up to their reputation as the strongest ice type zanpaktou
Wrong... the reason why it is popular is because it is ice based and has dragon in it

I heard people saying a lot of times "I like Hitsu and he has ice zanpanktou! I love ice attacks and dragons!"
Those 2 things simply make them forget and realize that even though those things are cool, in Hitsu case they are simply useless and he makes them look bad

Poor Sub-zero and dragons must be crying somewhere
Old 2009-06-02, 21:06   Link #107
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

To be honest the main reason I read Bleach is for the new bankai/shikai releases and to see how creative they are. Aesthetically and theoretically I prefer Hitsugaya's. Power is not too much of a concern because if I was a fan of power, then Hollow Form Ichigo would be my favourite character...and hes far from it.

Kurotshuchi Mayuri's bankai is aesthetically the most creative while Kuchiki Byakuya's bankai performance wise, is the most impressive. Though I dont like the idea of losing your sword when you go bankai. Hitsugaya's gets to keep his sword for close range battle, has AOE techs, long range and mid range attacks not to mention greater defense due to his ice wings.

On paper its a pretty solid all-rounded bankai except for his mastery issues.
Old 2009-06-02, 21:59   Link #108
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
To be honest the main reason I read Bleach is for the new bankai/shikai releases and to see how creative they are. Aesthetically and theoretically I prefer Hitsugaya's. Power is not too much of a concern because if I was a fan of power, then Hollow Form Ichigo would be my favourite character...and hes far from it.

Kurotshuchi Mayuri's bankai is aesthetically the most creative while Kuchiki Byakuya's bankai performance wise, is the most impressive. Though I dont like the idea of losing your sword when you go bankai. Hitsugaya's gets to keep his sword for close range battle, has AOE techs, long range and mid range attacks not to mention greater defense due to his ice wings.

initially, i didnt think hitsugaya's bankai was very impressive, its simply to general "i control all the water in the air and i have ice wings" just didnt cut it for me, however, i do think his recent new moves are pretty impressive.
Old 2009-06-03, 08:36   Link #109
Anubis3200
Banned

Did I hurt someone's feelings just now because I called their fave zanpanktuo useless?

Well my bad but it is useless! Give me at least one example when it did something good, come on, I'm waiting

Till now he didn't hurt anyone and every enemy always escaped from him with minor injuries. So if something like this is considered strong, then I have no idea how I should call Yamamoto's shikai

P.S. I know that talks about reputation are forbidden but... you thumb down not because someone has different opinion but if someone is being mean, damn annoying and is insulting somebody. Just information for the future otherwise we all would go into minuses like this
Old 2009-06-04, 00:02   Link #110
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking Dreamer

To be honest, Hitsu's bankai is one of my least favorite designs. The giant ice wings look a little ridiculous on a shorty like Toshiro. The petals are distracting too and seem unnecessary unless Kubo's actually planning on explaining why they're there. Still I agree that his abilities are pretty impressive...on paper. Unfortunately, Hitsugaya is a character mostly used to show off strength of the enemies, which means he gets used as a punching bag often. Unlike Chad though, he does usually manage to turn the tables eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis3200 View Post

Till now he didn't hurt anyone and every enemy always escaped from him with minor injuries. So if something like this is considered strong, then I have no idea how I should call Yamamoto's shikai
He killed Shawlong in one hit with his bankai at full power. Also, I don't think Luppi's injuries were all that minor since Aizen made fun of how badly he was beaten up. Halibel's situation is in question.

That leaves Aizen and well....he's Aizen, nuff said.

Besides Tousen's, Mayuri's and Renji's bankai's were all completely defeated the first time they were shown used in combat. That doesn't mean that the abilities of each one aren't powerful.

Old 2009-06-04, 06:59   Link #111
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
He killed Shawlong in one hit with his bankai at full power. Also, I don't think Luppi's injuries were all that minor since Aizen made fun of how badly he was beaten up. Halibel's situation is in question.

That leaves Aizen and well....he's Aizen, nuff said.

Besides Tousen's, Mayuri's and Renji's bankai's were all completely defeated the first time they were shown used in combat. That doesn't mean that the abilities of each one aren't powerful.
For me Renji's bankai is weak, Mayuri's is powerful only because of poison, nothing else is special about it.

Now some other examples that people tried to point out... I really don't know how to start... half of people screams that fillers and movies don't count, another half screams they do

Memories of nobody - I wouldn't call the dude who he was fighting strong since all captains got rid of them really easily.

Diamond Dust Rebellion - Not to be mean, but can you really see Hitsugaya losing in his OWN movie? If Chad would have his own movie, he also would be damn cool! And be real, if not Ichigo, Hitsugaya would lose. And I really don't get from where people got idea of Hitsugaya turning into dragon 0_o It obviously was a dragon from his sword.

Shawlong - well he was just an arrancar and when limit got released he got suprised and scared. Hitsugaya himself admitted that he simply got lucky since limiter was released on time otherwise he would be done. Renji and others also got rid of arrancar's really easily, so I wouldn't make this win so epic.

Lupi - do you really want me to take this joke of an espada seriously? If he wasn't an idiot and would go after Hitsugaya in order to finish him off, this thing would not happen. Yeh Hitsugaya did catch him and made his ressurection dissapear but I doubt that Lupi would stayed in the ice if Aizen himself wouldn't free him. But alright I'll give it to Hitsugaya.

Chapter 359 - The first time during whole series Hitsugaya finally managed to do something decent! Even though he coppied Yumichika and I'm pretty much sure Halibel is not dead and he still will get doomed. I might be wrong, but that's the way I see it now.

So I really don't see anything so cool and strong about what he did!
Old 2009-06-04, 07:15   Link #112
Z. Kensei
Kensei??

Until recently, hitsugaya's shikai was more impressive than his bankai. It doesn't look weird, and was powerful compared to other shikai. His bankai, was a let down though the fact that he has't mastered it is a good excuse as to why. I don't consider him weak, just not that impressive.
Old 2010-02-04, 21:32   Link #113
ElricKeyblade

Hey, I have a question to all Hitsu fans and haters out there: If Hitsugaya actually won all his battles, do you think he would be more liked, or would he still be hated for being too overpowered?

Just curious~ ^^

Last edited by ElricKeyblade; 2010-02-05 at 08:40.
Old 2010-02-04, 21:39   Link #114
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Up topic for a question which will bring trolls ... Read entirely the last page is enough ...
Old 2010-02-04, 22:06   Link #115
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElricKeyblade View Post
Hey, I have a question to all Hitsu fans and haters out there: If HItsugaya actually won all his battles, do you think he would be more liked, or would be still be hated for being too overpowered?

Just curious~ ^^
He's hated because of the amount of fans he has, I believe. If he wins every fight from now on, haters will probably just blame those wins on his enormous fanbase and hate him that much more.
Old 2010-02-05, 00:03   Link #116
JustRob

I liked him at first but he gets too much fanservice. Now I hate him.
Old 2010-02-05, 07:07   Link #117
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Hey, I have a question to all Hitsu fans and haters out there: If HItsugaya actually won all his battles, do you think he would be more liked, or would be still be hated for being too overpowered?

Just curious~ ^^
I believe most hate him because he got a huge fanbase simply because of looks and a typical Gary Stu personaility, despite it being completely subverted intentionally by Kubo. But because of the popularity he got, Kubo/Editor then went back on that and decided to give Hitsugaya more screen time and abilities development and milk Hitsugaya's popularity to the detriment of the story. Hitsugaya winning all his battles? He does that already. The only time he lost was against Aizen when his Gary Stu qualities were subverted. Making him win by wider margins would just make it look even worse, and show just how much Kubo/Editor is milking the popularity of Hitsugaya for all he's worth.

Atleast, that's my take on it.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-02-05 at 07:31.
Old 2010-02-05, 07:20   Link #118
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
If HItsugaya actually won all his battles, do you think he would be more liked, or would be still be hated for being too overpowered?
I believe it's not about winning or losing, but the very fact that he is a battle hogger: there's 30+ people in Gotei 13 to fight enemies, but he is one of those who get the most of it; other characters with potential like Ikkaku, Yumichika, Isane, heck even Chojiro are all cast aside so that the fans of the popular characters (Toushiro, Byakuya, etc.) are pleased more.
As for me, I don't hate characters, but I can't criticize the mangaka until I get to write one myself...
Old 2010-02-05, 08:48   Link #119
ElricKeyblade

@Haak: ...What's a Gary Stu personality? *doesn't know*

And about the battles thing...a lot of times, that's a main complaint I hear from haters. "He never wins any of his battles. He has to go to bankai all the time just to be good at/ win something." That's why I have the question I have up there...^^

@Thewanderer: Hmm...yeah, his big fanbase is probably one of the main reasons. f^^;;

@JustRob: Ooo, I see!

@Kafriel: Battle hogger? *thinks about it* Hmm, I can see where you're coming from. I think the fault also lies in there being a bazillion (awesome) characters in Bleach, and not enough time to show them all...eh, who am I kidding? Bleach has how many chapters now? But if I remember right Ikkakku and Yumichika, at least, did indeed get their fights when they went on that real-world assignment with Matsumoto and Hitsugaya ( f^^;; ) and...yeah. Eh, I digress.

Thanks for the input! (And if anyone else wants to answer the question I put up above, don't hesitate to do so, please! ) b^^d
Old 2010-02-05, 08:56   Link #120
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
@Haak: ...What's a Gary Stu personality? *doesn't know*

And about the battles thing...a lot of times, that's a main complaint I hear from haters. "He never wins any of his battles. He has to go to bankai all the time just to be good at/ win something." That's why I have the question I have up there...^^
A Gary Stu is just a male variant of a Mary Sue. During the SS acr we were led to believe that Hitsugaya was pretty much perfect and was going to solve everything about Aizen's "death" and Gin (Mary Sue qualities). As it turns, out the only reason he got as far as he did was because he was being used as a puppet the whole time. Hence it was subverted.

Not winning his battles? That's a stretch. He's only had three, and the one he lost was against Aizen, so don't know why they would say that. Yes he struggled with that fraccion but we all know that was just plot contrivance...
Closed Thread