relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 8:

Quote:
And I know this question probably has been asked before but I forgot...where is Nemu? O.o
Simply, they haven't said. You didn't miss anything.
Old 2008-05-26, 21:47   Link #322
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep8:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-05-26, 22:14   Link #323
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
And I know this question probably has been asked before but I forgot...where is Nemu? O.o
Dead, I hope.

...Errr, I mean, Nemu is a fantastic character, and I can't understand why anyone would have anything less than complete respect for her.
Old 2008-05-27, 01:07   Link #324
DanielSong39

Nemu's probably dead; she was sickly from the start and it's not surprising that she wouldn't live very long.
Old 2008-05-27, 01:27   Link #325
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Dead, I hope.
If she is, it would be 50 years too late.
Quote:
...Errr, I mean, Nemu is a fantastic character, and I can't understand why anyone would have anything less than complete respect for her.
Especially when she's not compared to someone like Kotori.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Nemu's probably dead; she was sickly from the start and it's not surprising that she wouldn't live very long.
She was sickly?
I didn't quite get that the first two seasons.

I am personally finding this season to be better than the last, though I wish Anzu's arc didn't comprise of one and a half episodes.
Of course, I didn't find Miharu 2's personality very appealing, though it gave her a lot of room for development.
Old 2008-05-27, 06:51   Link #326
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Episode 8:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Simply, they haven't said. You didn't miss anything.
Ah so...

But isn't he a bit Rooneryyy...
Quote:
Dead, I hope.

Hahaha...

have to love the innocent emoticon :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I blame the tree actually...Sakura's subconscious also ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-05-27, 11:50   Link #327
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
She was sickly?
I didn't quite get that the first two seasons.
Yes, she was sickly, though in the window that we saw her in the anime it may have seemed sort of unclear how much of that was caused by the sakura tree. It's one of the reasons, though, why Junichi would check her temperature every morning (using that "infamous" method), and was referred to when he she fainted at school and he carried her back home "piggy-back". Also probably one of the reasons why she studied to become a nurse; she had a lot of experience in hospitals. Anyway, yeah -- it may not have been as obvious as it could have been in the anime, but Nemu had a weak body. So if she did pass away, it wouldn't surprise me.

Actually, now that I think about it, Nemu being weak and sickly was precisely what was intended to compliment/cancel out her legendary "black" side. Her sort of tough/distant/possessive attitude was an effort to mask her weakness/vulnerability/frailty. I guess she was sort of an "early model tsundere"? But anime watchers so hated her black side that perhaps the anime didn't do a good enough job of balancing out her personality. In the early days of the game, Nemu was by far the more popular character (and remains quite popular with game fans).

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
I am personally finding this season to be better than the last, though I wish Anzu's arc didn't comprise of one and a half episodes.
Well, it's not as if the show's over quite yet!
Old 2008-05-27, 13:49   Link #328
KBTKaiser

Hmm...to explain the nemu game problem or not to explain...

*Keeps mouth shut unless relentless gives the okay for a spoiler set*
Old 2008-05-27, 16:43   Link #329
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Hmm...to explain the nemu game problem or not to explain...

*Keeps mouth shut unless relentless gives the okay for a spoiler set*
If it's spoilers from the original D.C. timeframe, I don't think it's a problem (source material comparisons to past events are allowed behind clearly-marked spoiler tags), but I wonder if it's better to post it in the original D.C. thread instead? I'd like to have my memory refreshed as well, because it's been a long while since I played D.C.P.C. or watched the original anime...
Old 2008-05-27, 20:14   Link #330
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Just watched episode 8
relentlessflame
Spoiler:

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru

Last edited by nikorai; 2008-05-28 at 06:55.
Old 2008-05-28, 07:11   Link #331
Kristen
*Author

So, episode 8 was pretty dark... Sakura devoting the rest of her life to become a filter of bad wishes, what an interesting concept. But, it's always been interesting to see her in later seasons. It's her mask over the rest of her. Like, she'll act happy and social, but underneath her is a really emotionally scarred girl from the events of season 1.
And I guess she's always wanted short hair, but was worried that she'd hate herself in the mirror the next morning or something. XD

I have no idea where they'll go from here with 5 episodes left. There may be some plot twist in the game or something I don't know of... Because that felt like a very "finale"-esque sort of an episode.
Old 2008-05-28, 08:55   Link #332
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

And here ends what I know of spoilers. Good thing as well, since I dunno the ending so I won't be bored doing the guess work. So yeah, while it's true that this episode had sort of an ending feel to it, there's still the 'winner' to be decided lol.

An interesting thought. From what I read before, Sakura did use a wish for Yoshiyuki, and that's all what I know of game spoilers. Now, the question is, how did she use the wish? I hazard a guess that she wished for the child she never had with Junichi (would kind of explain how Yoshiyuki looks a bit like him ). If that's true, wouldn't that make Yoshiyuki the uncle of Otome/Yume?

And for the record, I loved Sakura second best in season 1. So yeah, this episode was very moving for me.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-05-28, 09:25   Link #333
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for ep8:
Old 2008-05-28, 12:23   Link #334
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
Just watched episode 8
relentlessflame
Spoiler:
Even though I think this would all be a comparison to past game events now, I'll post my reply in the game thread just in case they do decide to come back to it in the anime. It's not a major spoiler, but I don't want to reveal anything before the anime does in this thread.
Old 2008-05-28, 14:01   Link #335
ThoHell

Hm....I'm not sure if I can see this series ending with a couple pairing with its current course. Not to be offensive, but man Da Capo 2 has just been whack and not to my liking at all. Being a Da Capo fan, I'm curious to see how they're going to end this so I'll bear with it a little longer. Only took 20 episode for Juichi and Sakura to have a seen together and even converse....ONLY! Questions still plaguing my mind: Will Sakura ever die? What happened to Nemu and the kids she and Juichi had together?
Old 2008-05-28, 14:03   Link #336
ichobi

I don't quite get why Sakura made a wish so that Yoshiyuji would born. Has there been any explanation prior to this episode?
Old 2008-05-28, 14:08   Link #337
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichobi View Post
I don't quite get why Sakura made a wish so that Yoshiyuji would born. Has there been any explanation prior to this episode?
none......just random, maybe not completely random but development to current situation seems random.
Old 2008-05-28, 19:19   Link #338
ichobi

I see thanks ThoHell.
Old 2008-05-28, 19:43   Link #339
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Being a Da Capo fan, I'm curious to see how they're going to end this so I'll bear with it a little longer. Only took 20 episode for Juichi and Sakura to have a seen together and even converse....ONLY! Questions still plaguing my mind: Will Sakura ever die? What happened to Nemu and the kids she and Juichi had together?
Well, keep in mind that, though some characters from the original Da Capo returned and have a role, this show isn't about them, really. It's about Yoshiyuki and the new generation and how they deal with the legacy of the sakura tree. So if you're expecting a great deal of explanation about what happened to the "53 years ago" generation, that's not really the point of this show. There are still a few more details they could throw in and probably will, but the whole point is that they didn't want the old cast to overshadow the new one. This isn't "Da Capo Season 3" (or 4), it's a whole new story that just happens to be tied to the first in some ways. Some questions probably won't be answered in the anime either if they weren't answered in the game (but there's also a good chance that some additional facts may be revealed in the PS2 version of the game that releases this Thursday).

In short, it just sounds to me like you're more interested in the previous generation than the current one, but if that's the case you'll probably inevitably be disappointed. This isn't about them, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichobi View Post
It was mostly explained in episode 8, but more explanation may be forthcoming still. Pay special attention to the conversation Sakura has with Otome, and then with Junichi. The most important thing to remember, though, is the original Da Capo story and the relationship Sakura has with the sakura tree and with Junichi, and how things ended up this way. This season, unlike the first D.C. II anime season, definitely assumes that every viewer has seen the first season (and possibly the second season for good measure, since it helps finalize some details). If you remember the original D.C. anime, and pay attention to what she says this episode, I think it should make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
none......just random, maybe not completely random but development to current situation seems random.
I respect your opinion, but I think you're completely wrong. There's absolutely nothing random about it in the slightest. You just have to know D.C. history and be paying close attention. In my opinion, of course...
Old 2008-05-28, 20:16   Link #340
ThoHell

I'm only curious about the first generation D.C. cast due to the large time jump, it's only natural to wonder and be curious about what had during all the years we didn't get to see.

Sakura from D.C. 1 withered the tree. She insisted --even with the good that the tree can bring-- that magic is dangerous. She tried hard to convey that life lesson to Aisia who ended up reviving the tree, which then couldn't be withered by Sakura. When along the way did she revive the tree and why? I can only see that her mentality was regressed in D.C. 2.

She said in ep 8 that she created the tree, which she didn't. It was planted by her grandmother for her. Pretty much it seems like it made her immortal, kind of weird how immortality was so easily achieved and that there aren't more like her.

Being random, I meant that there wasn't really any hint of connection between Yoshiyuji and the tree or Sakura using its power for Yoshiyuji prior to ep 8, therefore, it seemed to be last ditch climax. You can argue there was, by saying she brought Yoshiyuji home one day out of no where to become part of the family and that was the hint there. But is that really? Where was there the slightest implication that the tree was connect. Next to none would know if they had not seen ep 8.

Last edited by ThoHell; 2008-05-28 at 21:22.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen