AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-22, 02:35   Link #1301
Dr. Casey

I'm afraid the next episode of Yosuga no Sora might come out tomorrow.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 02:46   Link #1302
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
^ lol, you made a funny
Old 2010-11-22, 02:50   Link #1303
Dr. Casey

thanks

this is a good show
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 11:02   Link #1304
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for YnS 08 - RELEASE THE KRAKEN!:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 19:37   Link #1305
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Nice...
*cough*
I mean, nice day for watching anime!

Spoiler for ep8:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2010-11-22 at 20:01.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 20:28   Link #1306
Miraluka
Banned

Dammit Beta! You just stole what I have in mind to write, with that said, I also was laughing at the mid episode, a friend next me literally fell off of the chair .

Motoka's short screen time is funny/enjoyable as usual .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 21:33   Link #1307
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for N3:
Old 2010-11-23, 02:51   Link #1308
Seitsuki
Onee!

The whole fact that it's an omnibus means that there isn't one "real" ending per se. Just a lot of different ones which you can take as you will. That being said in the case they will pick one as the *canon* route all I can say is: it's usually chosen based on popularity and I can say that no way in hell has Nao been or ever will be more popular than Sora. All hail the twincest! Long live the twincest! Glory to th Well time will tell, the end is coming up.
Old 2010-11-23, 07:44   Link #1309
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

woah, i can't believe what goin on that episode, maybe i'll watch it when it subs...
well its an omnibus format of that anime, don't worry, its just back to square one when its Sora's arc (can't wait! )
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 09:17   Link #1310
justavisitor

the middle of episode 8 was just too funny XD...

Haru: Sora, wanna join??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 09:44   Link #1311
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
the middle of episode 8 was just too funny XD...

Haru: Sora, wanna join??
hahahaha... that's exactly what I thought, too!

he was hoping for a 3some in his mind =>
too bad, Sora seems to disagree... =>

Last edited by Dahak86; 2010-11-23 at 19:52.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 12:43   Link #1312
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
I'm hating this pairing more and more, is it just me or was Haru just thinking with the wrong head the entire episode? I don't even feel like getting into details, the episode spoke for itself. Thankfully the Omake was adorable as usual to make up for it.
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 14:57   Link #1313
Slayn

Damn Haru >_> what happened to you in Nao's story ark (I'm talking about the anime) poor Sora
Slayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 20:57   Link #1314
Primary Consult

Grr... not liking Nao arc. It just has this unpleasant feel to it, that only goes away when Sora's on screen. I did like that the sex scene had the purpose of advancing the plot, instead of just being the standard 'reward' scene.

Unless something amazing happens next week it looks like I'm only importing the Akira and Sora BDs...
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 21:35   Link #1315
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Whoa, great episode. I am really surprised with how much progress we got with one episode, again. They are doing a phenomenal job.

They could put a little more thought into the sex scenes though... she might have hit her head a couple of times there. And boy does Haru look stupid while he's doing it. Luckily Motoka saved the day, damn she is awesome, haha.

And does Sora's rabbit symbolize her loneliness? I just watched something and they compared a rabbit to being lonely, although I had never heard it before.
Old 2010-11-23, 22:35   Link #1316
Seitsuki
Onee!

No, I believe that due to the phrase "breeds like rabbits" etc it symbolises Sora's virility and her eventual large family with Haru *wipes blood away*

Well possibly. Rabbits are pretty territorial (heh) and also apparently (I quote) "some rabbits will only bond with one for life and once it dies the remaining rabbit will have nothing to do with new rabbits and will end up fighting with any other that goes near it." Which doesn't have much to do with being lonely but still. Or maybe we're taking the whole WMG thing too far
Old 2010-11-23, 23:22   Link #1317
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

What an excellent show this is. Loved the music through the latter half of the episode. Thought the feelings of all concerned made a lot of sense.
Spoiler for ep8:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-11-24 at 02:09.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 23:31   Link #1318
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
I don't know if it's a different story in the game, but...
Spoiler for In the manga...:

I have a sneaky suspicion that in the next episode the doll is going to become damaged or worse somehow, either by accident or Sora destroying it out of frustration to symbolize the authenticity of the 'Nao good end'.

Also speaking of the doll, I thought it was cute how Sora had it with her tucked in her swimming tube at the beach in the omake.
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 00:44   Link #1319
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I guess I'm in the minority here in liking Nao, and generally being annoyed with Sora. I know it's not her fault she is how show is, but she really does treat Haru like crap. He shops for her, he cooks for her, he generally makes himself her emotional punching bag. Is it any wonder he wants to get it on with every girl in school? He obviously cares for Nao and she for him, and there's a real sense that things are a lot more serious in this arc. I think that's why Sora's jealousy is so much more pronounced.

Of course, all of that is tempered by the fact that Nao basically raped Haru when he was about 12 years old - it's easy to forget that. And it does mitigate Sora's behavior a little, given that she witnessed the whole thing. It's no wonder she freaked pretty hard seeing them going at it again all these years later.

I'll say this for Haru - he's a pimp. Sora walks into the room and he just keeps on keepin' on.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 02:32   Link #1320
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I guess I'm in the minority here in liking Nao, and generally being annoyed with Sora. I know it's not her fault she is how show is, but she really does treat Haru like crap. He shops for her, he cooks for her, he generally makes himself her emotional punching bag. Is it any wonder he wants to get it on with every girl in school? He obviously cares for Nao and she for him, and there's a real sense that things are a lot more serious in this arc. I think that's why Sora's jealousy is so much more pronounced.
You're not the only one with these sentiments as Sora, from my point of view, does come across as a spoiled child with some serious issues - some of which are quite scary. Her abnormally possessive behavior is...troubling. On the other hand, Haru and Nao appear to have a genuine relationship and actually care for one another. I'm certainly in support of them as a couple.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation