AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-07-06, 05:35   Link #41
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I've mostly been a casual viewer throughout my life; though I guess I've watched quite a few more anime in the past 2 years.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 03:02   Link #42
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I've 'seriously' watched anime probably since 1997. Coincidence, or not, reality TV was pushing nearly everything else off American tv in the mid to late 90s.

Prior to that, I was fairly casual, probably starting sometime in the mid 80s.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 15:11   Link #43
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Probably around 5 years. I made this account a couple of months after I started watching anime because I used Animesuki for fansubs anyway.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:20   Link #44
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Since I got my notebook and link to internet.... but I don't collect stuffs...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 19:59   Link #45
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
14 years. The obsession started in middle school....and it just got worse.
Old 2012-07-07, 20:06   Link #46
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

6 years? Pretty close to when I joined Animesuki.
Anime itself has gotten worse in the past cours, so I haven't felt as much passion for it, but I'll always credit it for my knowledge of Japanese, which I can use for both games and anime. Real life? Not so much.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 21:48   Link #47
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

CLANNAD was the anime that caused me to take anime seriously, so about five years.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 22:34   Link #48
Greenish Growth

I believe it was around ?May-June 1996. That was when my sister told me about a nearby book/gaming/anime store had commercial anime tapes available for rental. I started renting tapes out every week starting with their Ranma tapes. My sister and I enjoyed a number of anime titles before she passed away several months later. I always wonder what shows she would have liked if she were still alive.

Around January 1997, this guy at work told me about how he had requested "fansub tapes" and that's when things really got rolling. I had to check out the Anime Web Turnpike anime websites to get an idea on what anime I might like and then I sent for them. Sometimes the tapes would arrive within days, but sometimes they would take months.

It was kind of cool when we got to watch anime TV series within a year after they first aired, but that didn't happen very often.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 23:41   Link #49
Theowne
耳をすませば

My anime hobby began when I was around 13, peaked when I was around 16, and gradually declined afterwards. Eventually I reached the point where I was a big fan of certain anime film directors ( Satoshi Kon, Miyazaki), but I wouldn't consider regular viewing of television anime to be a regular hobby of mine anymore.

I can't say for sure how much of this is due to changes in the anime market, and how much are simply a result of my own tastes changing as I grow up. Probably a combination of both, along with just having seen the best already and running out of options. Due to my affection for the medium, though, I still occasionally seek out shows and sometimes become invested in them, so I would consider it an occasional, minor hobby.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 03:18   Link #50
Metaler

Started taking the hobby more seriously about 2 years ago, when I started checking out newer series. Before that, I mostly watched older stuff.

Ever since then, I'd say my interest has only been increasing. Many people say that the quality of most works has decline dramatically, but I think that's just Awesomeness Withdrawal.
Metaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 03:47   Link #51
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I watched anime since I was a young girl, but I think it became a serious hobby when I was 11 or 12. So five years.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 18:05   Link #52
Irisu
フフリ

Around 3 years or so.
After watching Code Geass, somehow watching anime became a serious hobby for me. Before that, I was just a casual viewer who watches whatever airing on my TV.
Irisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 17:17   Link #53
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Pooh,...
watching various (sporadic) anime over the early-late 80's
for most of the early 90's it didn't come up much, somewhere mid-90's, thanks to internet not costing a fortune-per-minute anymore
got 'into it' but not in watching since the low bandwith made 5 minutes last all night to download, but at least searching image archives for lenghts of time was possible

Finally getting back into Macross the latter part of the 90's with a resurgence of models and easier acces to the series (hello Napster ) did it really take off as a serious hobby
(my tattoos are from '98 '99)
Though the past few years, real life kinda threw a wrench in my 'leasure time'
My bike and living costing more money so I lowered my figure budget

not to mention that my hobby in music cuts away much of the spare time I have
Old 2012-07-17, 22:07   Link #54
leokiko

When I was 13 years old, 6 years ago. First anime I watched: Naruto. Followed by Death Note, Bleach and then One Piece.

Now I only watch anime casually, following a few each season and ocasionally watching some old ones.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 23:58   Link #55
BigOnAnime

Nearing 4 years now.

Watched anime casually as a kid, just watching it whenever I was watching the TV, and it was on. Wasn't until after Toonami was cancelled and a few months later I tried Bleach I really got into it (November 2008).

Didn't take my anime watching in 2010 very seriously though. I mainly watched just currently airing stuff for most of the year. I'm going to be taking next year more lightly since I'm beginning to feel the burn of watching so much, and having seen so much.
BigOnAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 16:32   Link #56
Sky Knight
Darkness Is In All Of Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOnAnime View Post
Nearing 4 years now.

Watched anime casually as a kid, just watching it whenever I was watching the TV, and it was on. Wasn't until after Toonami was cancelled and a few months later I tried Bleach I really got into it (November 2008).

Didn't take my anime watching in 2010 very seriously though. I mainly watched just currently airing stuff for most of the year. I'm going to be taking next year more lightly since I'm beginning to feel the burn of watching so much, and having seen so much.
Lol This basically says it ^.^
I liked anime when I was younger but it wasn't a serious hobby until recently like about 2 years. I Also became mad on Bleach. After that my anime days really came to a halt.
Old 2012-07-28, 18:11   Link #57
SeanJD

I started watching anime in 2003 during junior high. My first anime I watched was Tenchi Muyo! The Movie, and after that was Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing, and Blue Submarine No.6 on Toonami. My brother started watching anime before I became involved in it and he likes Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: SAC (both seasons), and Evangelion. It has been my favorite hobby and will still continue to be it and I am excited that I am able to express my thoughts on Animesuki Forums and hear what others are discussing about their favorite topics.
SeanJD is offline   Reply With Quote