AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-07, 17:45   Link #5581
MegamiMiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Then as it progresses, we start to see him becoming more and more sadistic as he faces off against Willheim and Chao.
Negi's a lot of things, but I don't think sadistic has ever been one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
x.x I'd wish they'd kill one of Negis harem girls but I don't think Ken would do such a thing even though he did want Negima to be a dark manga
That's one thing I'd never want to see, not in this series. It just wouldn't be Negima if that happened.
MegamiMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 18:29   Link #5582
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
x.x I'd wish they'd kill one of Negis harem girls but I don't think Ken would do such a thing even though he did want Negima to be a dark manga
I must admit I wouldn't mind if they killed Anya off, just because:

1) She has done nothing of any actual importance to the storyline at all and it's kinda too late for her to catch up by now.

2) As the childhood friend, her death would be a meaningful indication of Negi having to leave his childhood behind and growing up.

3) Okay, I just hate her bitchy guts, okay? She just treats Negi worse than any other girl, then hides behind the old 'I won't tell him I like him but I won't let him to be with anyone else either' old tired Tsun-Tsun Tsundere crap. Any of the 3-A girls is much more deserving him.

4) She's at the enemy's clutches, at the most dangerous place and lacking Asuna's plot importance or the frontline fighters' power. If there is one deadly place to be at right now, that's it, and if there's someone in risk at a given tight situation, that's her. It just makes sense.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 20:39   Link #5583
GreatTeacherKen

I don't think Akamatsu necessarily wanted the manga to be dark, I think he specifically wanted to create a shounen action manga, nothing said about being light-hearted or grim in tone. In any case, I don't expect the manga to become like Berserk or Evangelion, there's just too much lampshade-hanging and tongue in cheek humor for such a shift in tone to be believable.

Spoiler for ch 291:
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 22:37   Link #5584
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
There are plenty of ways to show a more mature tone to the manga then "lolz one of his friends was killed, its dark and edgy now"
i agree that making it something Berserk-level would be fatally jarring IMHO. We got bloody fights, child experiments, mindrape, etc. I think its good where it is, don't want the series to lose the charm of its humor for "edginess."
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 02:53   Link #5585
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Chapter 291 really makes me wonder what the theme of the "be yourself" is. (Lol so cliched)
At the beginning of the series, we see an innocent boy.
Then as it progresses, we start to see him becoming more and more sadistic as he faces off against Willheim and Chao.
In the Magic World, he pushes the polarity even further into the Darkness.
And here, he suddenly resolves to rely on his friends. In Negimaverse, that's the Light side.

I'm just not making any connection here.
Is it perhaps the advice from his father prompts him not to be so hellbent on solving things on his own anymore?
Or is he somehow opting to combine light and dark?
Or is the super fast pacing not giving Ken opportunity to explain stuff?

/rant
It's actually quite simple; Negi took the third option and used the light side to support the dark side.

This chapter should just place an "Insert obligatory Nanoha joke" slot; not only does he wants to befriend Fate, he doesn't mind being to monster to make his enemy listen (and surrender, of course). At this rate, next we'll find out that his father's staff is actually a device ... oh God, don't tell me it's the true Key of the Lifemaker?

On a side note, is Yuuna's artifact the big gun or both? The other one seemed like the one from the Mahora Wars
Old 2010-06-08, 03:41   Link #5586
ZeKeR
Superbad

i gotta say..... Negi in his innocent motives is managing to get girls falling for him... i mean.... hell even Eva blushed....
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 10:35   Link #5587
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
On a side note, is Yuuna's artifact the big gun or both? The other one seemed like the one from the Mahora Wars
Both. One of them seems to look the same as the one Mahora Wars gun she kept, but the card clearly shows two guns.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 12:10   Link #5588
nines
I much prefer the 2d

on page 10 im confused whos on the top left frame in negi's flashes of his pactios, saying "Stupid. You green horn" Looks like Nodoka but I don't remember that chapter x.x
Old 2010-06-08, 13:50   Link #5589
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
It's Chisame. Have you already forgotten her 'Chibi-Chiu-chan' form?

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 13:55   Link #5590
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Of course I havn't Chisames my favorite next to Nodoka of all the girls, just she looks alot different in that frame x.x
Old 2010-06-08, 14:44   Link #5591
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Chapter 291 really makes me wonder what the theme of the "be yourself" is. (Lol so cliched)
At the beginning of the series, we see an innocent boy.
In the Magic World, he pushes the polarity even further into the Darkness.
And here, he suddenly resolves to rely on his friends. In Negimaverse, that's the Light side.

I'm just not making any connection here.
Is it perhaps the advice from his father prompts him not to be so hellbent on solving things on his own anymore?
Or is he somehow opting to combine light and dark?
Or is the super fast pacing not giving Ken opportunity to explain stuff?

/rant
I'd say Negi had abandonment issues, and forced himself to be a "good" boy. (For a certain value of "good".) That meant not bringing trouble to others and repressing his negative feelings, in addition to being mature and polite.

Now, he's learnt that his friends won't leave him no matter how much trouble he brings them, or how angry or childish he gets.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 23:38   Link #5592
Nesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
If Negi manages to get a guy into his harem, then in my mind he's gone beyond pimp and become the ultimate sex god. No one can resist the Springfield charm.
I can see it now, 18 year old negi will be a sex addict xD he'll mess with anything that can walk on 2 feet
Old 2010-06-08, 23:43   Link #5593
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesty View Post
I can see it now, 18 year old negi will be a sex addict xD he'll mess with anything that can walk on 2 feet
and then Negi was Makoto
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 00:46   Link #5594
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
If you can't beat them, try to draft them; We might see Negima go down the cliched path where the protagonist tries to get the antagonist to join forces in fighting the even larger behind-the-scenes final boss, especially since Fate's not the be-all-end-all...

...but at least kick their ass and get some earned respect before even thinking of being friends...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 04:45   Link #5595
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
and then Negi was Makoto

seriously.... THAT form he took when it enhanced was not an 18 Y.O.... it was more like early 20's
Old 2010-06-09, 13:49   Link #5596
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Yue goes yandere and stabs him like Makoto.

Then Nodoka stabs Yue and gets Negi's head (inside a bag) on the boat.

Nice boat...
Old 2010-06-09, 18:50   Link #5597
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post

Nice boat...
The fate of the 'nice boat'...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 22:59   Link #5598
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post

Nice boat...
all he did was just kiss..... no harm done kissing... unless they have shota sex with him... thats another story..... AND H......
Old 2010-06-10, 02:30   Link #5599
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

I can't believe it. he's kissed at least what, 20 girls? And yet you're imagining a Nice Boat ending from two girls who had actually been described in-story as the polygamous duo?
Old 2010-06-10, 04:43   Link #5600
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

@Tiresias ... i only get it to 19

the 15 Pactios, Theo, and the Blotched Pactios with the twins and Ayaka ... and the blotched pactios wasn't actually him doing it so ... 16 is proberly closer to the truth
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy