AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st - rating
Perfect 10 61 43.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 30.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-12, 10:36   Link #441
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Radiant Beam logic > X
And proud of it.

I don't know, I guess when I heard "AU retelling of the first season" I was expecting more changes than what we got. It's kind of stupid of me to be disappointed by that, but I can't help it. Season 1 was never my favorite part of the show, and I was always curious to see how it could have happened if things had gone differently.
Old 2010-02-12, 10:40   Link #442
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Just read through some of the thread.

From what I've gathered so far...

1. The artwork and animation are outstanding. An improvement over the original anime.

2. Jail Scaglietti shows up in a mask in this? That's cool.

3. However, aside form little cameos like No. 2, perhaps, this AU movie isn't very AU at all.

4. Sheba's last comment leads me to believe that this movie didn't sell well. Anyone got sales figures for this? I'd like to see how it's doing monetarily.

Overall, Number 3 is a bit of a disappointment, but I wasn't expecting much deviation from the original. I was hoping for a massive throwdown with Precia though... does that happen at least? I mean, aside from Arf giving an awesome Hulk Hogan impression and about to hurl Precia across the ring?
Old 2010-02-12, 10:40   Link #443
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by leodamine View Post
it's like a freakin battlefield in here. Let's agree to disagree and make good buddies =D
I welcome the movie like I now welcome new King of Fighters games. A mix of caution and controlled enthusiasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

4. Sheba's last comment leads me to believe that this movie didn't sell well. Anyone got sales figures for this? I'd like to see how it's doing monetarily.

You have misinterpreted this then. It actually sold better than UBW. But if we go by Zepy's lastest blog post, it is behind the Disappearance movie (speaking of which, I like Haruhi but I still don't forgive E8).
Old 2010-02-12, 10:50   Link #444
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I welcome the movie like I now welcome new King of Fighters games. A mix of caution and controlled enthusiasm.

You have misinterpreted this then. It actually sold better than UBW. But if we go by Zepy's lastest blog post, it is behind the Disappearance movie.
Thanks for the info.
Old 2010-02-12, 10:54   Link #445
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I was hoping for a massive throwdown with Precia though... does that happen at least? I mean, aside from Arf giving an awesome Hulk Hogan impression and about to hurl Precia across the ring?
Haven't heard anything yet about whether or not Lindy and Precia had a massive throwdown, but judging by how the rest of the movie went I highly doubt it. Which is a shame, really; that was my biggest disappointment with season one, and I was hoping that at the very least we'd get an epic smackdown between Lindy and Precia after being told they're powerful mages.
Old 2010-02-12, 11:00   Link #446
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Come to think of it, do we ever get to see Lindy in action? It is rather odd saying "Let's leave all the fighting to my prepubescent son and his similarly aged friends!"

Wait, no! Must.... not notice.... inconsistencies!
Old 2010-02-12, 11:05   Link #447
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
This is CHILD LABOOOOOR!
Old 2010-02-12, 11:13   Link #448
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Haven't heard anything yet about whether or not Lindy and Precia had a massive throwdown, but judging by how the rest of the movie went I highly doubt it. Which is a shame, really; that was my biggest disappointment with season one, and I was hoping that at the very least we'd get an epic smackdown between Lindy and Precia after being told they're powerful mages.
Yeah, that is a disappointment...

Oh well.
Old 2010-02-12, 11:30   Link #449
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripple_r
2. Jail Scaglietti shows up in a mask in this? That's cool.
Somehow, I couldn't detect the sarcasm from this...But surely, you're being sarcastic, right?
Old 2010-02-12, 11:31   Link #450
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Somehow, I couldn't detect the sarcasm from this...But surely, you're being sarcastic, right?
Hey, an early bird cameo of Jail in the first movie would be awesome. Ten times more awesome if he's wearing a mask and Fate runs right by him.
Old 2010-02-12, 11:33   Link #451
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I have just never heard it hinted anywhere, so I'm a bit baffled to how it was brought up.
Old 2010-02-12, 11:36   Link #452
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Radiant Beam logic > X
Difference in opinion, though you are drawing her words out of context. It's not so much 'following the plot' that bothers her, but more 'following the plot to the letter.'

I'm of the same opinion. If you're making a new version of an old series, why not make it really 'new?' Not just shiny new animation, but throw in a few new plottwists and tweak the events. Right now the Nanoha movie feels like it's the same as the Shakugan no Shana movie. A general sense of 'why should I bother watching a movie that's the same as the first season?'

Whether that feeling is accurate or not can only be proven by watching it, but it is the feeling that flows.
Old 2010-02-12, 11:43   Link #453
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Post #392 in this thread... http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=392

I couldn't tell who it was responding to, so I figured it was a comment on a scene from the movie.

My thought was "Jail makes a cameo appearance in a mask? Nice!"

I've always been a sucker for neat little cameos like that.
Old 2010-02-12, 12:22   Link #454
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Post #392 in this thread... http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=392

I couldn't tell who it was responding to, so I figured it was a comment on a scene from the movie.

My thought was "Jail makes a cameo appearance in a mask? Nice!"

I've always been a sucker for neat little cameos like that.
Triple_R, you might want to read the few posts before that to get the whole picture.

It's a Gundam joke between two posters (the one you quoted and the guy before him), in case you don't catch the ref. Nothing about the movie's contents =3

Signature by liro
Old 2010-02-12, 12:58   Link #455
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Triple_R, you might want to read the few posts before that to get the whole picture.

It's a Gundam joke between two posters (the one you quoted and the guy before him), in case you don't catch the ref. Nothing about the movie's contents =3
Thanks for the correction.

Oh well...
Old 2010-02-12, 13:51   Link #456
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Because I was bored.

And I understand it's mostly Fate, but not too many people care about them anyways. So, I can upload some other characters for those who ask.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-02-12 at 14:11.
Old 2010-02-12, 14:07   Link #457
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Gee, Fate, think you have enough scenes in the movie yet? Man. Awesome animation and great scenes, but really, now.
Old 2010-02-12, 14:12   Link #458
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Nanoha has a lot too, but I think because of the words I used to search for these things...Fate just came up a lot more.
Old 2010-02-12, 14:14   Link #459
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Gee, Fate, think you have enough scenes in the movie yet? Man. Awesome animation and great scenes, but really, now.
Looking at that collage of pics, I can kind of see where you're disappointed. I don't really see much difference between this and the original season.

On the other hand... maybe they should do an anime surrounding Fate, with her in the lead role. Maybe just focusing on her and her Lightning team, with occasional cameos by Nanoha and others.

Fate's personal fanbase is pretty huge now.
Old 2010-02-12, 14:20   Link #460
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Nanoha has a lot too, but I think because of the words I used to search for these things...Fate just came up a lot more.
Well, to be fair, Fate's fanbase is rather massive compared to Nanoha's. So no surprise there, really.