AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-09-02, 02:16   Link #2341
Sinta

I'm still waiting for MARIA"S development. I mean she is the only girl that Hayate has clearly expressed interest in! Doesn't she have a part? Doesn't she get a chance? She has been there clearly from the beginning and now its Athena and Hina!! Lame. (I do like Hina don't get me wrong)
Old 2009-09-02, 02:40   Link #2342
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
I'm still waiting for MARIA"S development.
Welcome to the club.
Old 2009-09-02, 02:45   Link #2343
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
I'm still waiting for MARIA"S development. I mean she is the only girl that Hayate has clearly expressed interest in!
Er... when was that, please? TBH, I can't remember this.

Maria is a great "oneesan" type character, but neither can I remember Hayate expressing romantic interest in her, nor has _she_ ever considered being with him (though it DOES matter to Maria what Hayate thinks of her). I'm only mentioning that because in a way I give Maria high credit for NOT jumping into the harem bustle ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 05:51   Link #2344
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

Hayate has made some general comments at how beautiful Maria is but he hasn't expressed actually deep feelings yet. Still they have had enough awkward moments together to be a possible pairing. I'm not sure what Maria's connection with Athena is, but with the new information I doubt it is anything much. Hata did say that he was trying to delay some of Maria's development as it would signal the end-run of the manga so make of that what you will.

I think that Hinagiku may end up playing a similar role to Ukyo from Ranma 1/2. Ukyo is the kinder, more sensible one that likes him and whom he often hangs out with and goes for advice. I actually would have liked it if she won out over Akane but that's neither here nor there. Hinagiku may fall into a similar situation as he will hang out with her, talk to her about things on his mind, she may try to imply her own feelings even jokingly if Hayate remains unaware. Either way I hope that it allows them to be closer overall, he really does need to get out of that mansion as much as Nagi and Maria.

I did have two questions about chapter 239. The first is why the hell was Kotetsu in that picture?! It was like a montage of his friends and people he likes, so does that mean that he does like Kotetsu on some level? I recall him knocking the man out and seriously telling him to go die so this would be news to me. The second is who is that barely visible about Klaus' picture (he also seems a little out of place but the two have had a moment or two)?
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 06:13   Link #2345
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Maria is last on my list. She's way too plain looking and motherly. Perhaps she was in the RG at one point too, and Athena thought her how to be a maid. If memory serves me, she looks well off when she's shown in the RG's crystal ball. I say the age when they found her is a lie, and she has amnesia (that's why they gave her a new name). ALL LIES!

As for Hayate, he's clearly bi. He lusts for men, but won't admit it. So much denial...
Athena is actually a hermaphrodite, and that's what twisted him.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 07:48   Link #2346
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Oh wow. Just read 239.

... wow.

Spoiler for 239:
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 09:35   Link #2347
tsunade666

hina did react though its just the beginning. She just completely forgotten her confession on hayate or maybe her love but nah not happening... I think. As for nagi didn't appear in their I think because she is also special in a way. Hayate did also promise with her.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 10:23   Link #2348
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Spoiler for 239:
Well, that may be showing us 2 possible options:

1. Hayate loves Nagi in the same way.
2. Since she's helped him in a similar fashion, he cares for her as much as Athena (although, no romantic feelings involved).

Personally, I'm expecting the latter. I've always thought of the main characters suddenly realising they love a particular character as a very cheap way of moving a story. All the same, that's just my opinion, and both options are quite possible.
Old 2009-09-02, 11:23   Link #2349
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

so finally it's settled~ yay go go hayate good boy
Old 2009-09-02, 13:21   Link #2350
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post

2. Since she's helped him in a similar fashion, he cares for her as much as Athena (although, no romantic feelings involved).

Personally, I'm expecting the latter. I've always thought of the main characters suddenly realising they love a particular character as a very cheap way of moving a story. All the same, that's just my opinion, and both options are quite possible.
Nagi didnt do the same thing as Athena did for hayate.... all that nagi did was to pay 150milions yen dept and fin.......nagi didnt teached hayate anything... all she does is to rely on hayate and his strenght (her born iron man like maria sayd).... why athena took hayate in... was teaching him buttler work... sword fights...made his body strong.... cared for him in many ways the same she was the one that wanted to keep hayate away from his parents at all costs... why all that nagi does is to rely on hayate... and pushes everything on him....

but well hayate treasts nagi more like a child/yougner sister..... he doesnt have any romantic feelings for her...... its only 1sided crush (nagi has on hayate) becouse of his strenght and beign able to do anything... but the same crush have many girls.......

Hayate said in last chapter that there is no girl that he felt the thing he felt to athena.....

So well all that nagi did for hayate was to pay the dept and take him as her buttler and that's all (he lives in big mansion yet his room is soo small and empty compared to other rooms that its not the same.... athena at least allowed him to sleep with her in the same bed [rich athena and poor hayate in the same bed])........ so what now athena will give nagi back her 150milion yen and take hayate back... since this is kinda all that he got from her (well maybe there is the hakou academy attending but well hayate had to learn alone and pass the exams...so she can go to school with her buttler.... so its another money based thing)

so for me its Athena >>>>>>>>>>>> Nagi.... athena did more for hayate than nagi.. which leaded to hayates love for athena even after 10years of separation (normaly durring that time he could develop some crush on other girl yet no girl had such impact on him as athena ^^)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 14:01   Link #2351
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:

I'd be inclined to agree. I can't imagine Hayate having any romantic thoughts about Nagi, especially after this chapter.

Although I don't exactly like where this Athena bit is going, either. I hate it when an anime/manga suddenly turns for the worse when a childhood friend comes up. Even considering what Athena did for Hayate, I think him admitting to his "love" for her to be a bit silly.

As far as romantic endings go, for me it's definitely Ayumu > Hina > Athena if I'm being realistic. I really thought the End of the World arc was kind of... weird.
Old 2009-09-02, 14:48   Link #2352
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Nagi didnt do the same thing as Athena did for hayate.... all that nagi did was to pay 150milions yen dept and fin.
She also gave him a place to live after his parents abandoned him (sure, to work as her butler and pay his debt to her, but we all know she doesn't care about that). She also (along with Maria) gave him a place to study. Not to mention Nagi has started to work to buy Hayate a present (whilst that may not be a big thing, the action is quite meaningful on itself). Also, she (although unintentionally) has given him a chance to make up for his mistake 10 years ago (certainly, she's not Athena, but the circumstances are quite similar). Not to mention Nagi, Maria and the others in the mansion have become like his family. All of this is quite meaningful, particularly for someone like Hayate.

Quote:
As far as romantic endings go, for me it's definitely Ayumu > Hina > Athena if I'm being realistic. I really thought the End of the World arc was kind of... weird.
I agree, but HnG was never precisely realistic. And, well, if you think about it, some things make a bit more sense after that arc. Not to mention that, if Hata intended to have a Butler x Mistress end (which, due to the way the story has been developed, may no longer work with Nagi - well, some people have mentioned the possibility of a timeskip and/or Hayate suddenly realising he actually loves her, but in my personal opinion that'd be so cheap and of poor taste, that I don't really want to consider it) Athena may give him that chance.

All the same, even being an Athena fan, I've got to admit Athena is too new to just show up and end up with Hayate. That'd be far too unfair in several ways. To begin with, the other girls (mainly Hina and Ayumu) have received their fair share of development, and second, fans have been following that development. If Hata intends to have her end as the girl Hayate loves, then he'll have to develop her as a character in addition to her relationship with Hayate, so that fans can be pleased and/or can accept this kind of end.

Personally, I think Athena has a good potential to become a character (more/other) fans can come to like, and given her background with Hayate, I also think a nice development can be written. All the same, this goes under the assumption Hata plans to have Athena as the love interest.
Old 2009-09-02, 14:58   Link #2353
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

I meant realistic in the sense that I actually want Izumi to win it all, but that's just being way too idealistic.

But oh well.

It's not like this manga is going to end anytime soon so I think it's safe to say that, at the least, Hayate is going to be badgered a lot about his "love" for Athena.

'cause I still don't think he loves her.
Old 2009-09-02, 15:45   Link #2354
Used Can

Quote:
I meant realistic in the sense that I actually want Izumi to win it all, but that's just being way too idealistic.
I've understood what you meant, and that's why I said Athena would need more than just her background with Hayate to win.

Quote:
'cause I still don't think he loves her.
This may be none of my concern, but what do you think his feelings for her are? He said it's not the need for forgiveness, he said it's not nostalgia, he also said it wasn't friendship.

All the same, I'll have to agree we'd have to see how all of this develops in order to draw good conclusions.
Old 2009-09-02, 16:38   Link #2355
zibi88

well Athena gived hayate hope.... after meeting her and spending time with her... he alone admited that he changed.... that he is not so clumsy anymore... taht he has strenght to gain money with his own hard work...

since this was teh reason why the argued with athena... becouse he belived that becouse he changed his parents might change too... well he was an idiot back there... but now he learned his lesson ^^

anyway too see how much athena changed hayate we have to look on him from teh moment he left the castle for good (got kicked out).... he started to work and build bis strenght... and that leaded to meet nagi.......

anyway personaly I think that hayate is not happy at all.... he is indead working as a buttler but I think its a forced work.... he has to work there becouse of that 150milion yen debt...... he said that he will repay her and so he is working there at her place... but its becouse he is shouldering that debt.......... its different to work from his own will and under dept pressure ^^

I wonder who would hayate choice if he ended up without dept to nagi (free and able to do what he wants to do).... like he stands in front of Nagi and Athena who both want hayate to be close to them so hayate has to make a choice

would he choice athena becouse he loves her..... or nagi from guilt that he abondons this kid after repaying the dept....... well hayate agreed to work as a buttler for nagi... but he didnt sold his soul or life to her... so he can choice what his hearts wants (I wonder if nagi would understand if he choiced athena... or would she run and cry thinking that hayate loved her so why he choiced athena above her )

Anyway hard to tell what will happen now.... I guess Hina will be the link to bring athena closer to hayate again.... like she knows athena... and now she knows that hayate loves her (and she ignores hayate for now).... so mostly Hina will tell Athena not to ignore hayate becouse he still loves her.... which would open athenas eyes a little more...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 16:44   Link #2356
Rah

Even though Athena showed signs of still liking Hayate, we don't know whats her current relationship with Machina. How exactly did he become her butler? Was it similar to how Hayate became involved with her? He seems overprotective and might love her as well. If so, we don't know how long are they together, and how far did they go. 10 years is a long time. If she couldn't bare the loneliness, then she probably did similar things with Machina, if not more.

Anyway, Athena will now be the temporary main antagonist, so any relationship with her wont work out until the real bad guy shows up. Plus, like mentioned above, Nagi still has to give Hayate his birthday present, and that's months away. There will be so many twists and turns by that time that everything may change. Also, if Machina was with Athena for a long time, he was probably put under a really, really, really extensive training. Hayate can only hax his way to victory. Like a 5 chapter power up (lame).

That aside, is there a new chapter this week? At the end of this weeks raw it says something about 9/9...?
Old 2009-09-02, 17:35   Link #2357
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
This may be none of my concern, but what do you think his feelings for her are? He said it's not the need for forgiveness, he said it's not nostalgia, he also said it wasn't friendship.

All the same, I'll have to agree we'd have to see how all of this develops in order to draw good conclusions.
Because, Hayate can't say it's nostalgia if he hasn't even met Athena again since that day (I wouldn't count their reunion as meeting each other for obvious reasons). You can't say with 100% certainty that you love someone 10 or so years later if you've never met that person again, or even know what that person looks like. If Athena changed into a complete, for a lack of a better term, bitch, would Hayate really still love her?

And they were kids at that time. Hayate, in particular, didn't know what was what and never had anyone who cared for him, aside from maybe his brother. Of course he "loved' Athena at the time; she was the only one willing to lend a helping hand to Hayate (other than his brother). I wouldn't call that love if you're just hanging around someone because they're super nice to you, especially when you're a kid.

Quote:
That aside, is there a new chapter this week? At the end of this weeks raw it says something about 9/9...?
That's when the next chapter will officially be released. Chapter 239 was officially released today. Which is why I just read it today.
Old 2009-09-02, 20:50   Link #2358
Used Can

Quote:
Because, Hayate can't say it's nostalgia if he hasn't even met Athena again since that day (I wouldn't count their reunion as meeting each other for obvious reasons). You can't say with 100% certainty that you love someone 10 or so years later if you've never met that person again, or even know what that person looks like. If Athena changed into a complete, for a lack of a better term, bitch, would Hayate really still love her?
Yes, that makes sense. He's in love with the image 10 years ago, but he doesn't know how she's now. However, if we take into account information he's just received, didn't the silly trio and Hina (to a major extent) made her sound as a nice person? In addition to the fact she still seems to hold dear the nickname he gave to her. I mean, I understand the point you're making, what I'm trying to bring into this discussion is that he's received information about Athena. So, if that information matches the one he's kept from 10 years ago, wouldn't it be natural for him to find her familiar, and to realise the feelings he's always had for her?

Quote:
And they were kids at that time. Hayate, in particular, didn't know what was what and never had anyone who cared for him, aside from maybe his brother. Of course he "loved' Athena at the time; she was the only one willing to lend a helping hand to Hayate (other than his brother). I wouldn't call that love if you're just hanging around someone because they're super nice to you, especially when you're a kid.
But, in chapter 239 he compared his feelings towards Athena with his feelings for other people he cares about, did he not?
Old 2009-09-02, 21:43   Link #2359
aldw

Quote:
Yes, that makes sense. He's in love with the image 10 years ago, but he doesn't know how she's now. However, if we take into account information he's just received, didn't the silly trio and Hina (to a major extent) made her sound as a nice person? In addition to the fact she still seems to hold dear the nickname he gave to her. I mean, I understand the point you're making, what I'm trying to bring into this discussion is that he's received information about Athena. So, if that information matches the one he's kept from 10 years ago, wouldn't it be natural for him to find her familiar, and to realise the feelings he's always had for her?
Even if Athena outwardly seemed very different than 10 years ago, her heart deep down wouldn't change and Hayate would be right to feel that way too, even if he were only going by gut feeling alone.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 21:54   Link #2360
Rah

Honestly it's stupid...

Ten years ago they've known each other for around 2 months if not more if I'm not mistaken. Since the time flow is different in the RG it might be more. Anyone care to calculate?

And after all this time she still holds that nick dear. Come on, 10 years is a long time, didn't they have anything better to do than worry about this? Give it a rest.. *sigh*

Quote:
But, in chapter 239 he compared his feelings towards Athena with his feelings for other people he cares about, did he not?
If that's true then the trio has the lowest score. Even Wataru & Kotetsu are above them. I think he's comparing how much everyone helped him. Nagi isn't on that chart, because she has the whole first page (or whatever page it is). Or perhaps he will add in 240 how that's in the past, and now he has other priorities (like unknowingly slapping Hina around). Fun~

Tags
comedy, shounen