AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-08, 23:03   Link #201
battlebattler

That was really interesting, I have to say. Its one of the few anime I was looking forward to this year and I am impressed with it. Also, I find the girl extremely creepy like a stalker but I am fine with Hiroshi.
battlebattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 23:32   Link #202
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Wow, a nice episode. To be honest, after Umineko and 11eyes, both of which I dropped, I wasn't expecting much, but this was really well done. I can't wait for the next one.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 23:36   Link #203
imbehindyou
turn around...

YES. This series seems very promising. Definitely some Higurashi vibes, there's even Higurashi crying sound playing in the background too!

Well, anyway, Isuzu was my favorite character until she started to cling around Hiroshi.
Speaking of Hiroshi, he's a fresh change from rather passionate, somewhat hot-blooded characters like Keiichi and Battler.

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
imbehindyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 23:45   Link #204
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOapps View Post
grabbing and using this i hope for a combo sig for her :X

thanks
Old 2010-01-09, 00:45   Link #205
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I find Isuzu oddly endearing... I can understand how others would see her as extremely annoying and unlikable, but there's something about her that I do like.
She's not my favorite though. =P

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 00:48   Link #206
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

That Isuzu girl rubs me off with a Rena Ryuuga vibe sans the obvious being smitten with the male lead. Don't know why.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 01:03   Link #207
Qilin
Romanticist

I have a feeling that Isuzu's over-eager and clingy personality is something intentional. Hence, I tend to find her a bit creepy, especially with the episode's opening scenes. In fact, I find the behavior of everyone in their class to be very odd, except for Nemuru and Kaname.
Old 2010-01-09, 01:10   Link #208
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
I find Isuzu oddly endearing... I can understand how others would see her as extremely annoying and unlikable, but there's something about her that I do like.
hahahaha yea i get that weird feeling. Maybe it's her plight? foreshadowed in the begining, maybe i'm a sucker for doomed relationships

although one thing i was turned off was the peach pit chara designs, and i didn't particularly enjoy dears when it came to that aspect, not to mention the god awful ending for dears, but yea, chara designs are pretty horrendous to look at although the background is quite good.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 01:17   Link #209
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
I have a feeling that Isuzu's over-eager and clingy personality is something intentional. Hence, I tend to find her a bit creepy, especially with the episode's opening scenes. In fact, I find the behavior of everyone in their class to be very odd, except for Nemuru and Kaname.
I agree with you. You can tell they're making his sudden popularity a plot point, especially with the scene where that one guy is dragging the main character through the crowds of students. Something about him probably attracts everyone, and probably leads to what happened to Isuzu in the beginning and that one guy in the episode.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 02:12   Link #210
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Highly enjoyable first episode. I loved the voice of Katou Emiri (Kagami in Lucky Star, Mayoi in Bakemonogatari) as Isuzu: clingy, cheerful, and weird. Also liked Ise Mariya as Nemuru and Kobayashi Yu as the lead guy. And newcomer Fuchigami Mai has an interesting tone playing Kaname.

I like the open way the story is being built. And I liked the character design and coloration. The look was nice overall, despite some awkward CG. I liked the fisheye effect in the OP -- and maybe there was a bit elsewhere, too. And the OP and BGM by Kajiura Yuki were good, of course.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 02:19   Link #211
typhonsentra

*Watches up until the opening credits*

"This is a lot like Higurashi and/or Shana."

*Stops watching, checks out info here, finds out it is from Higurashi creator.*

"That explains a lot."

"Continues watching, hears cicadsas, sees mentions of festivals, local Gods, and local land disputes."

Boy, he went all out with creating something unique here, eh? I'll keep watching as the overall theme is still intriguing but the odd and overly saccharine acting of the heroine is a little grating, although I gather a lot of this is on purpose for later revelations regarding both her and her classmate's motivations.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 03:45   Link #212
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Isuzu's voice was never this annoying in the game.
Old 2010-01-09, 03:51   Link #213
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
That Isuzu girl rubs me off with a Rena Ryuuga vibe sans the obvious being smitten with the male lead. Don't know why.
Too true.

I'm a bit sick and tired of the whole 'mysterious graphic novel game' archetypes now. It's like they have become so entrenched over the last few years, they're out-cliche-ing the usual anime cliche stereotypes.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 04:11   Link #214
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

It was definitely a good episode because well played and constructed. After the adaptation of Umineko I was uncertain of how things would turn out here, but I was also confident in Peach-Pit. I liked episode 1 because the scenes' flow and the explanations were quite simple to understand, yet leaving that (growing) shade of mistery, typical of Ryukishi07's works.

Kobayashi Yu works fairly well as Hiroshi, I liked the intriguing voice of Ise Mariya as Nemuru, not really fond of Katou Emiri as Isuzu (but in this case I didn't particularly like the character either)
Old 2010-01-09, 04:17   Link #215
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Not sold on the character either, but Katou Emiri is awesome. I hope she does some more serious voicing and considering this anime, it probably will happen more often than not.
Old 2010-01-09, 04:27   Link #216
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I also love Katou Emiri, but I guess that - as far as episode one goes - it's one of those cases where I didn't like the seiyuu because of the character, and not viceversa.
Old 2010-01-09, 04:44   Link #217
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Well, I think it's somewhat ironic that for what is probably one of her darkest seiyuu works, she has the most squeakiest voice for this one. She actually sounded more mature in Power Puff Girls Z and Lucky Star.
Old 2010-01-09, 05:11   Link #218
SMT
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Same here. She doesn't annoy me particularly.
I think one shouldn't judge her from the very first episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
grabbing and using this i hope for a combo sig for her :X

thanks
You're welcome. Was that a request?

Last edited by SMT; 2010-01-09 at 08:26.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 07:11   Link #219
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Just watched the first episode. I like how the story is setting up and the overall look of the show. Looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2010-01-09, 08:06   Link #220
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I found Isuzu to be very creepy. Clinging to a guy when he just moved into the area on the first day in town is plain weird imo. Then the class started to cling too. Again, that's just weird.

Nemeru's opposite response was also weird. I wonder if she lives in Old Town.

Here's some info on the festival Hassaku.

If the fruit hassaku is needed to keep the town's people in control or human like, then growing bigger was prob not a good thing for the town. Demand outpaced supply.

Last edited by orion; 2010-01-09 at 08:25.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror