AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-02, 21:12   Link #1
cbm5

Unhappy Stop fansubbing (and let me get on with my life)

Please...I mean it!

Just...stop. The thirteen-plus series I'm following now will just become a memory and disappear from my overflowing hard drives, eventually deleted forever.

Time-Warner will no longer constrict my bandwidth ten days into each new month. I may actually be able to make progress on the dishes in the sink, and old projects could be picked back up and finished.

A day could go by when I do not compare something to last night's episodes, and I would not waste time worrying about what will happen in the next batch. No more impatiently watching the progress meter crawl on a Bittorrent window, and no more getting angry with faceless fellow Bittorrent users who "obviously" are throttling their outgoing bandwidth.

So...how do you deal with it? Obviously I'm not. Is it possible to put down the crack pipe...errr, bittorrent tracker, and at least arrange an even split between fansubs and a somewhat normal life?
Old 2003-12-02, 21:22   Link #2
Iron Monkey

How to deal with it? Anime Addicts Anonymous maybe?
Old 2003-12-02, 21:23   Link #3
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

It pays to be picky. Aside from Galaxy Railways, there's not much I'm really compelled to watch right now. I've got all of the BLAME! logs, but those were a short 6 minutes a piece, and Macross Zero comes out like once every 6 months. The first season of Gao Gai Gar has all been watched, and I have Macross 7 on DVD.

It also helps that me and some friends get together every Saturday to spend the entire day watching anime, and then I don't really watch any more the rest of the week except when my Girlfriend comes over to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

I'm not certain any of that helps much, but really, what sort of responses can a thread like this expect?
Old 2003-12-02, 21:25   Link #4
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
LOL!!! I totally know how you feel. Btw do you have good connections when before your bandwidth is slowed down by timewarner. If not there is a way to get your speeds up. I am currently following about 25 different shows and I have no idea how i am going to keep up once my job goes back to full time. Let alone the little manga that i read as well. Or the new dvd's that release. It is worse than crack, but at least you can enjoy it without dying right?
Old 2003-12-02, 21:34   Link #5
Shift_

what exactly is bandwidth ten days?
Old 2003-12-02, 21:44   Link #6
KeishoumoriDei
Big Blue Thing With Mops

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth
Hmm.. worse than crack eh xiandu? Man.. I can see it now.. headline news: Rehab centers opened for anime addicts! Heheheh... Ooh, and on topic, if you're trying to put down the "crack pipe," don't even try it. Trust me, you'll go through more pain than if you were to keep things the way they are. Anime is a scary thing.. and once you're in it, you can be sure that getting out will be painful..
Old 2003-12-02, 21:54   Link #7
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Heh, you need to now when to limit yourself to a couple of fansubs at a time. I'm currently at around 10+ and I am happy at that level. Of course my hard drive isn't coping with that. I just need to remember to take care of that when I am done watching it. Follow a couple and when you get used to it go higher if you want ^_~
Old 2003-12-02, 21:56   Link #8
maxthelostboy

well they have rehab for everquest ever since that kid kileld himself cause he got messed up in the game( dont ever let anime do that to you)i guess it's the side of a personw ho wants everything but doesnt have time to download it all with all the new eps out a day and such. If you feel you need more just download and burn eps and watch them when ever possible. DOnt get crazy of watching it the minute it comes out
Old 2003-12-02, 21:57   Link #9
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by saku~ya
Heh, you need to now when to limit yourself to a couple of fansubs at a time. I'm currently at around 10+ and I am happy at that level. Of course my hard drive isn't coping with that. I just need to remember to take care of that when I am done watching it. Follow a couple and when you get used to it go higher if you want ^_~
It's also very easy to limit yourself to the number of fansubs you watch when you get REALLY busy.
Old 2003-12-02, 22:00   Link #10
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

LOL!! 13 is nothing! There's people here following as many as 90 series. Myself, I'm following 23 at this time including OVA's. So don't feel bad. hehe.
Old 2003-12-02, 22:05   Link #11
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Willpower! The same thing that keeps me from eating every cookie I see. (Although I do check my downloads constantly..how can you not?!) Also its easy to focus on schoolwork when I have a scholarship that will DUMP me if I dont get a 3.5 average! ooh the pressure!
Old 2003-12-02, 22:05   Link #12
KeishoumoriDei
Big Blue Thing With Mops

HOLY Crep! 90 series! How do they know what happened in the last episode!?! Dang that guy's got good memory... 5 is enough to confuse me...
Old 2003-12-02, 22:11   Link #13
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Heck if I know. But back in the old forum before they dumped it I had started a "How many series are you following?" thread and one guy logged in 90 different series complete with names. Now THAT is an anime addict.
Old 2003-12-02, 22:22   Link #14
Xiandu

My God i thought i was a sick freak for following 25 fansubs and another 11 on licensed dvd. It is hard to keep track of the series sometimes but i just load up the last ep before to get a refresher if i need to. Normally i don't though because the crop of anime that i am watching all have their differences. Watching everything from Macross Zero to Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Wide variety keeps you interested without getting confused. My does spin time to time. And almost as addictive is watching that damn bit torrent bar every chance you get. Love thy anime.
Old 2003-12-02, 23:03   Link #15
KeishoumoriDei
Big Blue Thing With Mops

Amen to that, xiandu. No matter how confused, frustrated or disturbed you get, always remember to love thy anime. Tis true, no?
Old 2003-12-02, 23:06   Link #16
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
LOL!! 13 is nothing! There's people here following as many as 90 series. Myself, I'm following 23 at this time including OVA's. So don't feel bad. hehe.
90 series!? Wow, that's a lot! Ehehe, it's amazing how you guys can keep up with so many series... I only have 15 series to cover for now...
Old 2003-12-02, 23:14   Link #17
Xiandu

Well i wouldn't call it "amazing" as i would call it "sick". =) Oh and tis very true. very true indeed.
Old 2003-12-02, 23:19   Link #18
cbm5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomomi
90 series!? Wow, that's a lot! Ehehe, it's amazing how you guys can keep up with so many series... I only have 15 series to cover for now...
Hmm I don't know if it would be physically possible to cover 90 series. That would be like 45 hours per week, assuming a weekly release cycle. Ok so maybe it's possible but definitely sick. I don't even think 90 different series have been going at one time. Maybe they were counting all the series they have followed in the past, which looks a lot more reasonable.
Old 2003-12-02, 23:27   Link #19
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbm5
Hmm I don't know if it would be physically possible to cover 90 series. That would be like 45 hours per week, assuming a weekly release cycle. Ok so maybe it's possible but definitely sick. I don't even think 90 different series have been going at one time. Maybe they were counting all the series they have followed in the past, which looks a lot more reasonable.
Maybe...

Anyway, only 15 series and my mum is already nagging me to get off the com, stop watching anime and coming to animesuki forum so that I can do my homework! But it is not as if I wanna do my homework. So boring...
Old 2003-12-02, 23:35   Link #20
Xiandu

Funny this is, when I was in high school, I use to not do my homework because of tv or going out to play basketball or soccer. PC's where not as accessible and cheap enough that everyone had one(or 3 like at my apartment) let alone a kid in high school. My how times have changed. Listen to me lol sounding like an old man romcl
Closed Thread