AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2003-12-03, 19:02   Link #181
Rebochan
Clubbing

I still want to know about whether WPP's release was wholly accurate or not considering the vast line differences between this version and several others. I've got two versions of Episode 1 and I need to pick one to keep and one to toss.
Rebochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 23:26   Link #182
KeishoumoriDei
Big Blue Thing With Mops

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth
Well, I have yet to see WPP, version, but after listening to A-Kraze's translation and the raw many, MANY times, I can currently conclude that A-Kraze's translations are fairly accurate. I'll keep you updated.
KeishoumoriDei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 23:50   Link #183
Cyberdramon

Considering WPP is doing the show with the people who translated the manga and the fact that WPP has been around for almost two years now I find it rather insulting that we have to "confirm" our translations...

It's *very* insulting... But I don't hold grudges ^_^

Our translators are native language speakers as well as being proficient in English... I don't know if that means anything to you, but I hope that it does...
Cyberdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 01:43   Link #184
Rebochan
Clubbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdramon
Considering WPP is doing the show with the people who translated the manga and the fact that WPP has been around for almost two years now I find it rather insulting that we have to "confirm" our translations...

It's *very* insulting... But I don't hold grudges ^_^

Our translators are native language speakers as well as being proficient in English... I don't know if that means anything to you, but I hope that it does...
It's nothing personal, the only reason this came up is because I snapped up the WPP release immediately because I was pleased with earlier translations. My question arises from the fact that the translation here is often completely different from others availible that were also supposed to be accurate, so I was curious as to which was right.
Rebochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 03:11   Link #185
festosis

In akeep's version they say devil and in ani-kraze's version they say demon wich one is more accurate??
festosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 03:23   Link #186
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by festosis
In akeep's version they say devil and in ani-kraze's version they say demon wich one is more accurate??
devil and demon is basically the same thing
Old 2003-12-04, 03:32   Link #187
Cyberdramon

Well...not to toot our own horn or anything but WPP didn't care about being first. We cared about being accurate even for just ourselves as fans. We took a lot of time going over the script and making sure it was accurate and looking at the manga's traits compared to the anime's traits.

I'm not trying to say anything negative about other groups here since we don't believe in competition...but we took our time with this release and didn't rush ourselves because that would be counterproductive.

So take that as you will if you have questions regarding our release.

I also thank those supporting us even though we're not the fastest group out...which is seriously over rated >.>
Old 2003-12-04, 03:48   Link #188
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Well...not to toot our own horn or anything but WPP didn't care about being first. We cared about being accurate even for just ourselves as fans. We took a lot of time going over the script and making sure it was accurate and looking at the manga's traits compared to the anime's traits.

I'm not trying to say anything negative about other groups here since we don't believe in competition...but we took our time with this release and didn't rush ourselves because that would be counterproductive.

So take that as you will if you have questions regarding our release.

I also thank those supporting us even though we're not the fastest group out...which is seriously over rated >.>

Speed gets you nothing but problems.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 03:51   Link #189
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

its a known fact which ever group gets their subs out first gets the most downloads and attention.
Old 2003-12-04, 03:56   Link #190
Cyberdramon

That's a silly way to look at fansubbing. Back when I started doing this people cared more about the show than they did channel numbers and showing off... it might sound silly, but that's how I'm always going to do it.
Old 2003-12-04, 04:18   Link #191
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
its a known fact which ever group gets their subs out first gets the most downloads and attention.

That just proves there are alot of people with low standards. And that is not any known fact.
Old 2003-12-04, 04:19   Link #192
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:

That's a silly way to look at fansubbing. Back when I started doing this people cared more about the show than they did channel numbers and showing off... it might sound silly, but that's how I'm always going to do it.

That is how it should be. I mean people complain about AJ and how fast they rushed things and had bad subs. Then those same people complain other groups are not moving fast enough.
Old 2003-12-04, 13:12   Link #193
Zerox20
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Zerox20
Speed gets you downloads as you said, and I have noticed many people have been comparing our translations with a keen eye. However you from WPP seem to be really defending yourself and talking about how you have the original manga translator. Because of that fact does not mean it makes your translations any more accurate. You guys did a very nice job on your release, and yes the translation lines are very different then ours. I am not trying to start a flame war I really don't intend that honest, but because you have the Manga translator does not mean yours will be 100% accurate, you have been saying you have the Manga translator everytime CC is brought up. Its just a thought from my perspective, not as a founder of anime-kraze, but just reading the post. Granted I could have taken it the wrong way, and mistook your responses and posts, which if I have, I apoligize in advance.
Zerox20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 13:39   Link #194
Tboz

Seeing the popularity of this series, I thought we might be able to have a proper Chrno Crusade subforum if only half of the posts in this thread had been on the anime/manga itself.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 15:21   Link #195
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Seeing the popularity of this series, I thought we might be able to have a proper Chrno Crusade subforum if only half of the posts in this thread had been on the anime/manga itself.
Just as a big fan of this series, I think that it deserves it (and that there's gonna be enough speculation later on regarding it that it will probably be best if it gets its own forum eventually) although I don't think its ever going to be as big as the Naruto forum or anything. ^^
Rune~Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 15:36   Link #196
Tboz

Well nothing can really beat Naruto in terms of popularity currently.

At any one time, you can see that it has the most number of people viewing it.

The only series that I think may have a chance is probably One Piece... but thats OT anyway...
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 15:45   Link #197
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Well nothing can really beat Naruto in terms of popularity currently.

At any one time, you can see that it has the most number of people viewing it.

The only series that I think may have a chance is probably One Piece... but thats OT anyway...
Considers that we're currently running at 2/3rds the number of posts in the entire Full Metal Panic forum in one thread, I hope that we'll get a forum eventually - it would make it so things are not as smooshed together.

As a more on topic comment, since ADVmanga has liscenced Crusade, does anyone know when they are planning to release it, or are they still sitting on the rights for the time being?
Rune~Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 18:09   Link #198
Togabito_Ion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune~Grey
As a more on topic comment, since ADVmanga has liscenced Crusade, does anyone know when they are planning to release it, or are they still sitting on the rights for the time being?

I wouldn't be surprised if they sit on it. Just a random note, not meaning to be too offtopic, but they finally released Slayers Return after having the rights for it since '99 or so. c.c;;;

Bwargh. I don't trust them with getting anything out in a decent amount of time, because of this and other series (Lost Universe, Wild ARMs, all of them were pushed around a lot)... so... yeah.

...however, they seemed to have put FMP out fairly quickly...

Maybe we can hope for a miracle from them. n.n; I am horribly curious to see their translations of the manga. n.n
Togabito_Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 21:17   Link #199
SpicyMarmalade
The devil you know

Yare yare...I can't believe how much this has come too >.< There's no need to validate one's translations because they're all acurate. Each translator works differently, each of them have their own set of vocabulary, and each of them interpret the dialogue in their own fasion. But there's no way to say one is better then the other, because it's all up to personal preferences. I'm just happy to work on this series, and I'm also happy that it doesn't outright suck ^^; And to the 50 groups doing it, I say "Kanpai~!"(Cheers) for may we all enjoy it 'til it's end.

Blarg ADV... x_x I'll buy them anyway if that happens but I'll just turn off the subs XD
SpicyMarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 22:06   Link #200
Izumi
Mune ga doki-doki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMarmalade
Yare yare...I can't believe how much this has come too >.< There's no need to validate one's translations because they're all acurate. Each translator works differently, each of them have their own set of vocabulary, and each of them interpret the dialogue in their own fasion. But there's no way to say one is better then the other, because it's all up to personal preferences. I'm just happy to work on this series, and I'm also happy that it doesn't outright suck ^^; And to the 50 groups doing it, I say "Kanpai~!"(Cheers) for may we all enjoy it 'til it's end.

Blarg ADV... x_x I'll buy them anyway if that happens but I'll just turn off the subs XD
Well said. There's way too much fuss going on about this--Japanese is a language that, like any language, can be interpreted in different ways depending on where/how the speaker was raised, the context of speech, etc.

"In akeep's version they say devil and in ani-kraze's version they say demon wich one is more accurate??"

If the Japanese speakers aren't nitpicking at each other, why should you? At least you have a fansub and freedom of choice overs whose sub you watch. There's much more 'lost in translation' in a commercial show, because they don't get on their knees and cater to the fans the way fansubbers do.

Anyway, to put it simply, ask any linguist, or any multilingual person--there is no "perfect" translation of any language, least of all Japanese. Just watch what you like while you still have choice. ^_~
Izumi is offline   Reply With Quote