AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2003-12-11, 12:41   Link #221
Sklappu

I was very skeptic to this show at first, I'm not particularily fond of (with lack of a better word in fear of sounding too negative about it) tacky animes, and the words "nuns with guns" isnt really something that would spark my interest.

However this is turning out to be quite interesting, and it's on my list of to-watch future releases
Sklappu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 15:16   Link #222
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Hmm, I think that Remmington might be a traitor, whenever Rosette does something wrong (in other words good for the bad guys) he defends her, He´s evil I tell ya!
BME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 18:23   Link #223
Drakes
Poking random people

Haha....Rimmington evil? nah......maybe some dark secerts.
Drakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 19:08   Link #224
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BME
Hmm, I think that Remmington might be a traitor, whenever Rosette does something wrong (in other words good for the bad guys) he defends her, He´s evil I tell ya!

I highly doubt it, maybe he has a crush on her.
Old 2003-12-11, 20:52   Link #225
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
I highly doubt it, maybe he has a crush on her.
maybe ^^

I have the game 1st .~ then saw it on dls.... so~ so far so good ~
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 22:01   Link #226
KeishoumoriDei
Big Blue Thing With Mops

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth
Hmmm.. does NOone else think that Sister Rosette greatly resembles Excel from Excel Saga? If anyone even knows that anime though... still, her attitude and stuff are resembles Excel...
KeishoumoriDei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 22:09   Link #227
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeishoumoriDei
Hmmm.. does NOone else think that Sister Rosette greatly resembles Excel from Excel Saga? If anyone even knows that anime though... still, her attitude and stuff are resembles Excel...
no way in hell does Rosette resemble that stupid girl from Excel Saga in looks or personality wise.
Old 2003-12-11, 22:44   Link #228
KeishoumoriDei
Big Blue Thing With Mops

Really? The orange hair and clumsy personality makes me remember Excel...... meh....
Old 2003-12-11, 22:49   Link #229
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Really? The orange hair and clumsy personality makes me remember Excel...... meh....
Uh the last time I checked Rosette had blonde hair not orange. Rosette maybe a little clumsy but not like Excel, Excel was just plain stupid in fact the whole show was stupid I don't want to talk about it anymore. Sorry if I offended any Excel fans out there if their r any.
Old 2003-12-11, 23:06   Link #230
KeishoumoriDei
Big Blue Thing With Mops

Whao whao whao... I think my eyes are dying on me... that last essay really killed me... I thought she had orange hair.... thanks for pointing that out... and no offence taken on the Excel thing... but I think I'm going to take a rest now... things are going blurry..... werrr....
Old 2003-12-25, 11:00   Link #231
Collectonian

Send a message via Yahoo to Collectonian
In response to an older post in this thread...

Not to make it even more confusing, but the upcoming CD release is listed as "Sayonara Solitia" :-)
Collectonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-25, 11:52   Link #232
elnino
funkdoctor

I just watched 3 eps of Chrno Crusade and I'm really impressed! It's like a mix of hellsing and some comic elements! And Rosette is really a kawaii character. I hope there will be a model kit of her soon (^o^)
elnino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-26, 12:29   Link #233
abubo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
For the record, Ani-kraze's version translate it as Reverend Remington.

I don't know Japanese, but since Remington seems to be pretty high ranking in the order of the church, I think it should translate into a title for someone important and respected.
Rosette calls him "Remington Bokushi". Bokushi is kanji compound made from two kanji meaning "to sheperd" and "master". It's a common term to denote a protestant pastor, actually, and not Cathloic clergymen.

I believe the proper term for a real Roman Catholic Father is "Paadore" which came from the Portuguese "padre". Remington should be called "Paadore Remington". I think the term "Pateren" is also used in the same way; just a different variation on the original Portuguese (Pateren is also a very old term meaning Christianity in general).

If Remington is a high-level Catholic clergy, then he should be called "Kaadeinaru Remington" or "Remington Suukikei", meaning a Catholic cardinal.

This kind of terminology mistake is probably forgivable... less than 5% of Japanese are Christians of anykind, and to the great majority of Japanese Chrismas is a day to eat a fancy cake with your family or a Valentine's day in December.

The translators probably noticed this snafu, but they don't feel like changing the term outright, so they've used a denominationally-neutral term "minister" to mask the mistake of the original anime. Actually, I would say that "Reverend" is a much better way to handle this, since that's a title given to all clergymen of any faith. Minister in many countries also means a corrupt politician.
abubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-26, 12:37   Link #234
abubo

Quote:
I thought she had orange hair....
Comparing to the abundant blonde characters like Remington, I'd say her hair is more the orange-red hue common to many Irish folks. Maybe through accident or deliberation, Rosette is made into an Irish hottie. An Irish Catholic in NYC of the 1920's? Wow, how rare is that?
abubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 22:13   Link #235
vio5555

Aww man, Chrno needs to go into badass demon mode or I'm gonna drop this series ; all the heartwarming moments in eps 9-12 are making me puke and he seems to have slipped to the side. Oh well, since its gonna be a longer series I guess I can't be upset because he'll have plenty of time to show his stuff.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 23:32   Link #236
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by BME
Well I suppose Remmington MAY be evil... He certainly looks evil at times, beside from spoilers I read about the manga, he really doesn't seem like the most honest character to me.

btw, was the last 2 episodes good I am waiting for the AF-F version to come out so I still didn't watch episode 11 or 12.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 00:42   Link #237
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Well I suppose Remmington MAY be evil... He certainly looks evil at times, beside from spoilers I read about the manga, he really doesn't seem like the most honest character to me.

btw, was the last 2 episodes good I am waiting for the AF-F version to come out so I still didn't watch episode 11 or 12.
From the manga, Remington is ...

Spoiler:
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 19:07   Link #238
Mikesmaf

Send a message via AIM to Mikesmaf Send a message via Yahoo to Mikesmaf
after reading this forum and checking out reviews at www.animenfo.com.........i just had to watch a couple of episodes.. i saw the first 2...and this anime series is great!!!!! can't wait to catch up on the rest of it
Mikesmaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 22:50   Link #239
LinChoiSin

so far cc isn't really exciting but i hope that we'll see more of the real chrono and Aion,i had faith in Joshua but i'm sure i'm gonna be disapointed with him ,i'm sure he'll turn just like his annoying sister!
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 02:23   Link #240
VieT_TriAD

I think Remmington might be a traitor too. He looks evil.

But I doubt we'll see anything develop since next ep is last.

I'm very dissapointed that 11-12 seemed like fillers.
VieT_TriAD is offline   Reply With Quote