AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-24, 17:36   Link #14401
Gene098

Does anybody know if this novel is licensed in America?

If not are there any news about progress into licensing?
Old 2012-02-24, 17:38   Link #14402
Soji

Gene098@ is only Japanese and Chinese from what I know. That's why we glad that n0m@n and other people tralsate this and do summary.
Old 2012-02-24, 17:38   Link #14403
yFSC

Anybody have any stats on the sales of the LN either before or during(now) the anime?
Old 2012-02-24, 17:41   Link #14404
Soji

yFSC@ I remember n0m@n say that vol 11 sold really well they had to reprint him 3 time if I recall right(some one correct me If i'm wrong).

Last edited by Soji; 2012-02-24 at 18:06.
Old 2012-02-24, 17:54   Link #14405
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
no it doesnt...

You need to find a good tangent..
problem tho is in the anime they wanted to add fan service to potentially boost sales.

I have said this many times... they barf'd the time.
They should of went vol 1->3 with the ending as a introduction to zenovia and saved ep. 5, 6 with the addition of 13 as a DVD extra which would span Vol.8

Now they cant introduce zenovia in the dvd extra because when you see Zenovia your going to go WTF who is this blue haired beauty with a gignormous and powerful sword...

Second of all, when ise punched Raynalle it was a lot more epic..
She didnt fly though a window.. she flew though a wall... her impact was so powerful, she went though the wall and then ended up outside... again.. not out a whimpy window.

Rias didnt waste Raynalle with the words "because my servant asked me too"... she straight up said " Dont Flirt with my servant"..
Also the way koneko dragged raynalle was quite funny... freed telling raynalle he would save her if she would have sex with him was also quite epic of freed.

Waking raynalle up with water from Akeno san was also funny.... all these were skipped.

Instead we got this "dramatic" ending for raynalle which spawned a 15 page discussion on her over at mangafox.. i mean SERIOUSLY these guys wrote more crap about raynalle then the author did.... REALLY?

now i can see this shit happening all over again with Raizer....
The only important/future character in Raizers entire ARC is the introduction of Ravel...
THATS IT... everyone else in Raizer's harem / Raizer himself is a pointless stepping stone so dont blow it out of size.

The next time u even hear Raizer is probably when Ise meets Ravel @ the underworld party where she comes up and says hi. There we learn Ravel is a Tsundere, and she's actually quite adorable, but everyone else in Raizers group is pointless.
He is also no longer known as Raizer... but Roasted Chicken... that's ise's offical name for the dude.
I am happy they didn't do it your way. That would have made them cut out even more from the LN to fit in one more volume. Volume 3 also doesn't come with a good ending as it's in the middle of an arc. There is more chapters left in volume 8 for OAV specials as well, so no problem there. Skipping ahead just to introduce more (I guess your favourite) characters is a good way to ruin good original material.
Old 2012-02-24, 18:19   Link #14406
Dragonking

Dudes all I have to say is ZnT 4 seasons of it and I no probably most scenes and eps were fillers it will get a second season. Side note didn't know it was a ln until a couple of years ago and been busy and I still sorta like it it's a meh but funny
Old 2012-02-24, 18:20   Link #14407
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post

Second of all, when ise punched Raynalle it was a lot more epic..
She didnt fly though a window.. she flew though a wall... her impact was so powerful, she went though the wall and then ended up outside... again.. not out a whimpy window.

Rias didnt waste Raynalle with the words "because my servant asked me too"... she straight up said " Dont Flirt with my servant"..
Also the way koneko dragged raynalle was quite funny... freed telling raynalle he would save her if she would have sex with him was also quite epic of freed.

Waking raynalle up with water from Akeno san was also funny.... all these were skipped.

Instead we got this "dramatic" ending for raynalle which spawned a 15 page discussion on her over at mangafox.. i mean SERIOUSLY these guys wrote more crap about raynalle then the author did.... REALLY?
oh man i remember that

one minute i just go on there expecting maybe 2 pages and theres like 20!
all because two guys got into this huge moral debate about killing and serial killers running through the streets LOL.

now back on topic i think ophus will join the girls it just seems like it's going to happen from what i read and isseis track record with women.
Old 2012-02-24, 18:24   Link #14408
Zach1

I agree with others saying the differences in anime/LN are ANNOYING to the LN readers.

Most of them are very small differences and really make no sense changing them. The differences also some how end up being stupid and worse off.

Spoiler for Rating Game:
Old 2012-02-24, 18:24   Link #14409
Limenade
Boss Mode

@soji hmm i dont think they'll go after the big guys yet (i.e. hades and cao cao) but they gotta deal with those massive monsters that are supposed to be like 100-200 meters tall or something like that. The ones attacking demons angels and fallen angels by surprise. So they'll prob go take care of that but Rias and everyone will prob have a hardcore break down at first because i dont think issei willk come back prob until middleish of the volume to make it appear hes still dead. Would be silly if the author left a cliff hanger that big and didnt make us suffer a bit more through out the beginning of the volume to make his return even a bigger deal.

@zach1 yea i mean it always happens with anything. Even movies that are taken from books and what not. Its always going to be nearly impossible to satisfy everyone when making something watchable. The reason why people are able to enjoy books or novels at first when reading is because your interpretation of whats going on is what makes it special for you. Animes or movies or tv etc all have constraints on them which a book doesn't. Usually its time and money. A 500 page book and a 600 page book will usually sell the same if its a good book since people can read at their own pace. But season 1 anime of DxD was licensed only for 1 season. That means the producers of the show are under pressure to make it sell and popular. They also have to appeal to cater to a larger audience that may not read the books so if it means they take out what maybe a touching 1-2 minute speech in the book (i.e. some of Issei's lines) then yea the people who will have read the LN will be upset. However, taking it out to save time and progress the story it doesn't affect the plot line or really the character development as everything should end up the same in the end. But little things in animes that don't consume time like facial expressions to reactions to events can hopefully make up some of the emotional lines left out. Even the part where Issei's mom catches Issei and Asia in the bathroom. I mean it was important to us in the LN cause she runs off screaming to her husband they are going to have a grandchild, i think? However, someone who only watches the anime may still think that part is funny cause he got caught naked in the bathroom with a girl by his mom. So it doesn't make much a difference on the story line and may help them with time constraints in the episode. Unfortunately when it comes to putting things into film or tv or whatever it maybe money runs things. I know people hate hearing that but the #1 thing that will always sell no matter what is sex appeal. Fan service for the first season will be way more important then some of the lines they leave out from the LN that are important to us. They only received a contract for 12 episodes aka a pilot season usually to see if its successful or not. Titty shots that go on for an extra 10 seconds that take place for Issei's mom's line that i mentioned before being left out will sell more copies. Hopefully they get the green light for a season 2 then can relax more so and do more so things to the LN.

Everyone just needs to relax and give the anime a bit of a break and take it with a grain of salt. It will be nearly impossible to live up to the LN as the anime. But for those who haven't read the LN hopefully they'll love it and want to read the LN thus producing more sales for the series as a whole.

Last edited by Limenade; 2012-02-24 at 18:37.
Old 2012-02-24, 18:31   Link #14410
rvlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach1 View Post
I agree with others saying the differences in anime/LN are ANNOYING to the LN readers.

Most of them are very small differences and really make no sense changing them. The differences also some how end up being stupid and worse off.

Spoiler for Rating Game:
how do we even know that's a Rating Game anyway?

cause if we go by your logic in your spoiler, then that would mean that they ruined the opening because Ise fights off the three angels when in fact in the actual episode, Rias curb stomps them off-screen.

it's more like the animation opening choices, but not necessarily the anime itself, I mean c'mon... it's an OPENING for crying out loud.
Old 2012-02-24, 18:37   Link #14411
zzhk
Summary Machine

Concerning what kind of chicken Raiser is...

I looked up the original source which actually says Yakitori (焼き鳥), so it would be best translated as grilled chicken. This wasn't apparent in the Chinese translation.

Objectively speaking, roasted chicken works because you get the image of a whole chicken cooking in a fire. (Or is that giving him too much credit?)
Fried chicken would feel kind of weak (cooked in oil).
On the other hand, yakitori is kind of cruel because the chicken is cut into bite-sized chunks and skewered. (Maybe that's the point?)
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Old 2012-02-24, 18:39   Link #14412
Gene098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
yFSC@ I remember n0m@n say that vol 11 sold really well they had to reprint him 3 time if I recall right(some one correct me If i'm wrong).
Sorry I didn't really understand what
"reprint him 3 time" meant.

And if anyone else has any info on the progress of licensing in America then please share.

@zzhk
Is Zenovia ur signature?
And Raisers sister your avatar picture?
Old 2012-02-24, 18:40   Link #14413
Soji

Limenade@True. But still would be funny If Rias do something like this after he win the battle (whatever battle still on when he back) or during the whole mess. I mean normally is Issei to do somethings like this, this time I would like it if is Rias something like this . can you imagine everyone and Issei reaction if she really does something like this..before everyone ?(the kiss)

Spoiler for Rias NSFW:

Spoiler for Rias:

Sorry my English still bad. I mean that they had to reprint vol 11 3 time because they sold out all the copies that they had made.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-02-25 at 00:20. Reason: Please read forum rule 1.3...
Old 2012-02-24, 18:41   Link #14414
Makender
Varsity Slacker

If most anime adaptations followed how Mirai Nikki did it's adaptation then I'd be much happier. IE make the inevitable changes that are to occur in the anime make the story flow better without changing the content of the source material. While many of the changes in the DxD anime are minor and nitpicky they could've been better handled (or not included at all). Mirai Nikki really did it well because ultimately its changes made the story make MORE sense.

Old 2012-02-24, 18:42   Link #14415
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene098 View Post
Sorry I didn't really understand what
"reprint him 3 time" meant.

And if anyone else has any info on the progress of licensing in America then please share.
Additional print runs due to being sold out.

You can forget about Light Novel licensing in English.
The market just doesn't exist in North America.
Quote:
@zzhk
Is Zenovia ur signature?
And Raisers sister your avatar picture?
That is correct.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Old 2012-02-24, 18:46   Link #14416
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach1 View Post

Spoiler for Rating Game:
No he has a dragon arm in that scene so it's more likely after the raiser fight
Old 2012-02-24, 18:52   Link #14417
Soji

Nightmare637@ nope is more like is Sg in this scene. I agree with Zach1.
Plus the one you say Issei win that one. In this pic seem that Issei lose and that's why Rias is like this (she cry as well if you look carefully)
No to mention that the figth You say Rias would had The wedding dress. the dragon arm is like in the pic from the ln that I post some page ago(when Rias kiss Issei).
Old 2012-02-24, 18:58   Link #14418
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
Nightmare637@ nope is more like is Sg in this scene. I agree with Zach1.
Plus the one you say Issei win that one. In this pic seem that Issei lose and that's why Rias is like this (she cry as well if you look carefully)
No to mention that the figth You say Rias would had The wedding dress. the dragon arm is like in the pic from the ln that I post some page ago(when Rias kiss Issei).
I see your point but in the anime his SG looks a little diffrent(like brass knuckles)
and in that photo it looked a lot more dragony.

personally i think that whole scene is a combo of all the arks.

and when rias is holding him while flying shes smileing. so doesen't it seem like he won?
Old 2012-02-24, 19:01   Link #14419
Soji

Nightmare637@ I see you're point here. You mean that pic is like a big foreshadowing(I wrote this right I hope) .Like that one show us everything ...his lose when he fall and his victory when Rias catch him?.Maybe you're right we had to see the last scene when he lose again Raiser the first time to be sure.
Old 2012-02-24, 19:04   Link #14420
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
Nightmare637@ I see you're point here. You mean that pic is like a big foreshadowing(I wrote this right I hope) .Like that one show us everything ...his lose when he fall and his victory when Rias catch him?.Maybe you're right we had to see the last scene when he lose again Raiser the first time to be sure.
Yeah thats exactly what i mean.

because throughout that whole scene we see him fight fallen angels and raiser(not at the same time) so it actually seems like just a summory of whats to come.

Tags
action, comedy, devil, ecchi, fetish, harem, nudity, oppai, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural