AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-16, 22:20   Link #17681
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

hey let me guess is this line was point where ise began to scared to beauty girls..??
Quote:
Beautiful, that’s the only word to describe her in one word. That’s the only word you needed to describe her. I always stopped doing anything, every time I looked at her. But lately, the way I looked at her changed. She is beautiful, but she was too beautiful. Her beauty scares me, and I was a bit scared when I looked at her. I don’t know why but I started to feel scared of her after Yuma-chan disappeared. Then, her eyes moved towards our building and it captured me. I felt as if my heart was grabbed by her. The feeling you get when someone who is more superior is standing in front of you. Her blue eyes changed and her mouth was smiling a bit. Was it directed at me? It can’t be, since I never spoke to her before. Then, I suddenly recollected about the dream I had. At the end of the dream there was a person with red hair who had spoken to me. A person who seemed gentle, but also a bit scary. While I was still contemplating, she was already out of my sight.
or it's just my imagination... ::
Old 2012-03-16, 22:20   Link #17682
XFire
150% done

Hey, just thought of something. The author likes to throw out big WTF moments that mix awesome, funny, and heartwarming all in one, so how about this.

Ophus sacrifices herself to revive Ise, prompting Ise to attack Hades like he attacked Sairongs queen. After he wins (killing/sealing/whatever the hell he does to Hades), he is reunited with the girls, lots of hugging and crying, high-five with Kiba, and so on. However, Ise is obviously distraught by Ophus' death. At which point:

Ophus(looking at Rias/Asia/Akeno/Koneko hanging on Ise) : If I go to the home of the sekiryutei, will I have to participate in this kind of thing as well?

Ise: Ophus!! You're alive!!??

Ophus (still staring) : Of course. I was born of Nothing, so it is only natural I would be reborn from Nothing as well.

Ise: ...... Oh whatever. (hugs Ophus, gets everyone else to do the same) Let's go home.
Old 2012-03-16, 22:27   Link #17683
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons

Isnt "Gift" suppose to give the powers to your comrades rather than taking the powers in and copying it ---isnt that Divine Dividing's power lol or is it trying to show that Ise has become a medium to take in his comrade's powers and increase them?
Defo ruin the scene when Ise transferred his powers to Rias and Akeno in vol 3....If there is going to an adaption...will it depict that Ise took in their powers and use them instead?

@Xfire

Since Ophis is the dragon of death and reborn...could it be that she has been going through the process of life and death for a long time lol. I mean the past few lives maybe a man but she somehow got tired of it and decided to reborn as a female this time and that is why Ophis doesnt have a gender?

Old 2012-03-16, 22:32   Link #17684
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Strangely enough XFire your ending of vol 12 seem to be the most befitting for it and makes sense. Nightmare what I meant by other girls I meant Souna's Rook and her, Rossweisse because she haven't really committed her feelings but she's there for the most part in the harem, Kuno (remember the young nine tailed Kitsune), Isabella I think (Raiser's rook), and Le Fay Pendragon (Morgan Le Fay's descendant).
Old 2012-03-16, 22:40   Link #17685
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Strangely enough XFire your ending of vol 12 seem to be the most befitting for it and makes sense. Nightmare what I meant by other girls I meant Souna's Rook and her, Rossweisse because she haven't really committed her feelings but she's there for the most part in the harem, Kuno (remember the young nine tailed Kitsune), Isabella I think (Raiser's rook), and Le Fay Pendragon (Morgan Le Fay's descendant).
Raiser's Rook likes Issei!?
Um where did you read this(like which volume and life)

The other ones i get but issei woulden't let Sona in(well i doubt it unless Saji allows it since he likes her)

Bro's code: don't hit on another Bro's girl or his sister
Old 2012-03-16, 22:48   Link #17686
bumbayker

A have trivial question. Is there any info about the vital statistics of every character in the LN? I've only seen info of their height here. But aside from that nothing else.
Old 2012-03-16, 22:51   Link #17687
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilNewBlood View Post
Isnt "Gift" suppose to give the powers to your comrades rather than taking the powers in and copying it ---isnt that Divine Dividing's power lol or is it trying to show that Ise has become a medium to take in his comrade's powers and increase them?
Defo ruin the scene when Ise transferred his powers to Rias and Akeno in vol 3....If there is going to an adaption...will it depict that Ise took in their powers and use them instead?
I interpret that scene as Ise using Gift on Sword Birth's power in the ground directly rather than powering up Kiba.
It's actually faithful to the novel:
Quote:
The ground glowed and lots of demonic swords appeared. It’s here! I thrust my fist on the glowing ground and shouted!
“Boosted Gear! The second ability!”
With the power I increased with my Sacred Gear, I sent the power to the ground! There was only one target! Kiba’s ability to create demonic swords!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare637 View Post
Raiser's Rook likes Issei!?
Um where did you read this(like which volume and life)
In a magazine side story (not yet collected in novel form) about Ise working in the student council, it is revealed who the student council girls like. Sona (not Raiser)'s Rook Yura mentions that Ise is the type she likes. I haven't read the actual story so I don't know if she actually falls for Ise or it's just her general preferred type.

Raiser's Rook Izabella does reappear in Volume 5 at the party with Ravel. Izabella does seem genuinely happy that Ise (who she lost to) has grown even stronger and there doesn't seem to be any hard feelings over Dress Break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
A have trivial question. Is there any info about the vital statistics of every character in the LN? I've only seen info of their height here. But aside from that nothing else.
There are some 3-sizes info which you can get from the promotional videos on the anime site (haremking.tv) and when Ise's friend uses his glasses power within the show.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

Last edited by zzhk; 2012-03-16 at 22:57. Reason: checked novel
Old 2012-03-16, 22:54   Link #17688
Zach1

Vol 12 is released March right, so is it out yet?
Old 2012-03-16, 22:54   Link #17689
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
In a magazine side story (not yet collected in novel form) about Ise working in the student council, it is revealed who the student council girls like. Sona (not Raiser)'s Rook Yura mentions that Ise is the type she likes. I haven't read the actual story so I don't know if she actually falls for Ise or it's just her general preferred type.
Oh ok so isabella might like him but nothing will happen(probably)
and why does issei join the student council?

Zach1@no it releases in April
Old 2012-03-16, 22:57   Link #17690
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Hmm I think I might have been wrong about Isabella when I think about it. When I read about her encounter with Ise in vol 5, I got an impression she had feelings for him when she respects and admires how much he gotten stronger since vol 2. Could be wrong or right, it isn't confirm yet. You do agree with me that Ise's harem is very diverse and about the other girls having a crush on him right? Oh about that Bro's code, I seen many people try to uphold it and most of the time it doesn't stop it same goes for the Girl's code. I dated my best friend's girlfriend (went out with her since he broke up with her for another girl) and its still going strong (4 years now and we've been inseparable even talking about marriage after college) I mean I value friendship to a degree but when the love of your life shows up what can you do. A famous quote "you love who you love" (By the way my best friend isn't my best friend anymore because he found out of our relationship after he broke up with the new girl a year later and tried to get back and the fact when he was dating her back then he bragged that he cheated on her for 2 years really don't know why I hanged out with him).
Old 2012-03-16, 23:01   Link #17691
OpTiic

Send a message via Yahoo to OpTiic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach1 View Post
Vol 12 is released March right, so is it out yet?
Vol 12 is released april 20th brahh
Old 2012-03-16, 23:02   Link #17692
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
There are some 3-sizes info which you can get from the promotional videos on the anime site (haremking.tv) and when Ise's friend uses his glasses power within the show.
Thanks a lot zzhk.
Old 2012-03-16, 23:04   Link #17693
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
Hmm I think I might have been wrong about Isabella when I think about it. When I read about her encounter with Ise in vol 5, I got an impression she had feelings for him when she respects and admires how much he gotten stronger since vol 2. Could be wrong or right, it isn't confirm yet. You do agree with me that Ise's harem is very diverse and about the other girls having a crush on him right? Oh about that Bro's code, I seen many people try to uphold it and most of the time it doesn't stop it same goes for the Girl's code. I dated my best friend's girlfriend (went out with her since he broke up with her for another girl) and its still going strong (4 years now and we've been inseparable even talking about marriage after college) I mean I value friendship to a degree but when the love of your life shows up what can you do. A famous quote "you love who you love" (By the way my best friend isn't my best friend anymore because he found out of our relationship after he broke up with the new girl a year later and tried to get back and the fact when he was dating her back then he bragged that he cheated on her for 2 years really don't know why I hanged out with him).
Yeah i agree that his harem is very diverse and that there are potential harem canidates(other then Sona, Ross, kitsune, and ophis there won't be any more additions to his harem just to many girls after this).(I whant my loli nine tails back)

and after this I can kinda see Sona going after issei(even if Saji likes her) I was kinda against it since Sajis one of his best friends and he likes sona but i think if its issei he'll accept it(and 2 of Sona's pieces like saji so it's not like he'll be alone)

And on a side note(even though this is off topic) that guy you used to hang out with sounds like a huge Dick(I mean Raiser vol.2 level Dick or worse)
Old 2012-03-16, 23:20   Link #17694
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Thanks for agreeing with me Nightmare. I think Souna relationship with Ise gradually progresses because Souna saw how much Ise is willing to go through to protect and to help the girls he loves dream come true. Hey Nightmare, the thing I want to know is what was the exact translation when Rias's mother said she wanted Ise and Rias to get married? By the way my picture can't seem to get bigger I seen yours and others were a lot bigger. Nom@n seems to have more than one picture.
Old 2012-03-16, 23:31   Link #17695
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
Thanks for agreeing with me Nightmare. I think Souna relationship with Ise gradually progresses because Souna saw how much Ise is willing to go through to protect and to help the girls he loves dream come true. Hey Nightmare, the thing I want to know is what was the exact translation when Rias's mother said she wanted Ise and Rias to get married? By the way my picture can't seem to get bigger I seen yours and others were a lot bigger. Nom@n seems to have more than one picture.
Well rias's mother really doesen't go straight out and say it she basically implies it(to the point that it would be easier just to say it) the bes one i saw was in volume 10 after the oppai dragon shoot when she talks to rias and him.(in summery form not fully translated)

grafyia also implies it in vol.8 extra life the exact rans of this is on baka-tsuki(whole chapter isen't translated)

and theres a size limit on sigs(the red box you see when your editing) My sig is a bunch of pics put together(the same for nOm@n's i think) theres a link to these in the message i sent you.
It also depends on the picture your using.(Pics are shortened to fit in that box)
Old 2012-03-16, 23:35   Link #17696
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Oh about that height thing Nom@n earlier, could it be those were the heights when Ise first became a devil? When you look at the pictures of vol 8 you can clearly see Ise is taller than Rias and he is even tilting his head down. In Nom@n numbers shows Ise is shorter than Rias and Akeno. Nightmare about my earlier comments, it seems like I can't get the image of a female reaper joining Ise's harem and to defeat Hades out of my head. I mean if that reaper looked like my Profile picture or my avatar, wouldn't you think it would be a good addition. All the other story arcs, Ise gains a new member in his harem and an ally in each of those.
Old 2012-03-16, 23:39   Link #17697
n0m@n
C-Z

Yeah. That was anime only so story arc 1(Volume 1 to 2).
It's implied that Ise is taller than Rias in volume 4. When the terrorist came and the witch tries to attack Rias by shooting towards her face, Ise went front of her to guard her. He was hit just a bit below his neck. From the part he was hit, he comments that they were aiming for Rias's face. Hence Rias is shorter than Ise in volume 4.
But Ise was always taller than Akeno. Ise is 170 while Akeno 168.
Rias and Kiba are same height. 172.
Though the LN states that Ise becomes muscular but actual statement about his height was never mentioned in the LN. But from illustration he does look taller.
Old 2012-03-16, 23:42   Link #17698
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Hey Nom@n I finally get to meet you. You done excellent work on those translations, are you going to finish the rest soon? Ise seems to have a growth spurt in power and in height ever since he became a devil.
Old 2012-03-16, 23:43   Link #17699
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
Oh about that height thing Nom@n earlier, could it be those were the heights when Ise first became a devil? When you look at the pictures of vol 8 you can clearly see Ise is taller than Rias and he is even tilting his head down. In Nom@n numbers shows Ise is shorter than Rias and Akeno. Nightmare about my earlier comments, it seems like I can't get the image of a female reaper joining Ise's harem and to defeat Hades out of my head. I mean if that reaper looked like my Profile picture or my avatar, wouldn't you think it would be a good addition. All the other story arcs, Ise gains a new member in his harem and an ally in each of those.
A female reaper i would love that

The thing is though this is ophis's time to join his harem and no female reaper have been mentioned(hell Ross diden't even have a name the first time she showed up)

But still i woulden't mind a female reaper
Old 2012-03-16, 23:46   Link #17700
n0m@n
C-Z

@ReaperxKingx
Yeah nice to meet you.
I will try to finish the translation/summaries.

@Nightmare637
A female reaper? I can only think of Matsumoto Rangiku. That would be smexy.
It's unique how Ishibumi named one of the ultimate-class grim reaper is Pluto.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluto_%28god%29

PS. Most people are always talking about Chichigami(God of Oppai). The funny thing is that the fan in Japan are addressing Ishibumi is "Chichigami-sama".

Tags
action, comedy, devil, ecchi, fetish, harem, nudity, oppai, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural