AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-26, 11:55   Link #1561
eXitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
But that is standard Japanese harem LN style you know....and the current author clearly shows he is not above that.
I'm cool with harem-style, but if he destroy's the political balance in his story just so that Tigre can get an addition to the lady's waiting for him, that's a whole different matter. If she remains "just" as an princess, while one of her brothers take the throne, then it would be all cool for me. But... if she gets to be the queen in the end, I sure hope that the highest point of the relationship between her and Tigre will stop at sworn brother and sister... anything above that just makes the story seem silly.
There is no god, only some dude with unlimited POWAARRR and to much free time on his hands, who has a hobby of putting a lifeform on a prior peaceful planet, so he can watch how tranquility, harmony and peace turns into chaos.
eXitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 11:58   Link #1562
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXitus View Post
I'm cool with harem-style, but if he destroy's the political balance in his story just so that Tigre can get an addition to the lady's waiting for him, that's a whole different matter. If she remains "just" as an princess, while one of her brothers take the throne, then it would be all cool for me. But... if she gets to be the queen in the end, I sure hope that the highest point of the relationship between her and Tigre will stop at sworn brother and sister... anything above that just makes the story seem silly.
All I can say once the number of women after the MC exceed more than fingers in one hand, things will get unstable soon...fast.

And Tigre already broke that rule at volume 3.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 12:03   Link #1563
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
All I can say once the number of women after the MC exceed more than fingers in one hand, things will get unstable soon...fast.

And Tigre already broke that rule at volume 3.
Lets' see in volume 3 he had
1. Teita
2. Lim
3. Ellen
4. Ludmirra
5. Sophia
is there others? they are the only ones that I know in volume 3
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 12:08   Link #1564
Algester

Regin... we she is his soon bride to be... or so we think
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 12:10   Link #1565
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
Regin... we she is his soon bride to be... or so we think
I said volume 3 she didn't appear at the very near end of volume 4
Old 2013-04-26, 15:23   Link #1566
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
1. Teita
2. Lim
3. Ellen
4. Ludmirra
5. Sophia
lol, how about Tir na Fa? This IS the harem genre, charming her is probably a prerequisite to mastering the bow...
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 16:00   Link #1567
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
1. Teita
2. Lim
3. Ellen
4. Ludmirra
5. Sophia
I don't think Sophia or even Sasha later on should count yet, unless they have one of those serious lovey dovey alone scenes like he's had with Ellen or Lim previously. At this point, it's morel like Sophia or Sasha see Tigre as a little brother who gets into a lot of trouble, or a Kouhai who they give advice to?

And in regards to Tif Na Fa, I place her in the same category as Valentia(Scythe girl who likes to plot) they are....EVIIIIIL.

Spoiler for spoil:

Last edited by noobarta; 2013-04-26 at 16:53.
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 23:11   Link #1568
eXitus

Spoiler for response to spoil:
There is no god, only some dude with unlimited POWAARRR and to much free time on his hands, who has a hobby of putting a lifeform on a prior peaceful planet, so he can watch how tranquility, harmony and peace turns into chaos.
eXitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 23:48   Link #1569
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Well, Tir na Fa's just a placeholder. A lot easier to say that Darkness-Spirit-Goddess-Thing Inside Tigre's Bow.
Old 2013-04-27, 04:27   Link #1570
m4rc0s

a few posts behind everyone was making theory about who tigre will marry or how will be the end of the novel, thats my theory about what will happen to tigre.

sorry about the english because i'm still learning but i really want to hear what other people thoughts are about this theory so i tried to make a post.
Spoiler for have a minor spoiler about volume 3:

Last edited by m4rc0s; 2013-04-27 at 04:38.
m4rc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 05:02   Link #1571
Kutra

@m4rc0s
Spoiler for volume 3:
Kutra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 05:18   Link #1572
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutra View Post
@m4rc0s
Spoiler for volume 3:
i know that but like i said she could be lying ..
and the theory was more like this may happen to all users of the bow. not that this will happen in the same way.
to simplify the theory:
1: she was lying
2:the bow power is like a curse and everyone who use it is fated to die by its power.
m4rc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 05:28   Link #1573
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rc0s View Post
and the theory was more like this may happen to all users of the bow. not that this will happen in the same way.
to simplify the theory:
2:the bow power is like a curse and everyone who use it is fated to die by its power.
Nonetheless, there's no justification for any particular theory either, so the author can do whatever he wants with it.
Old 2013-04-27, 06:27   Link #1574
setsuna86

Quote:
I want to make a correction: I think the voice of Tir Na Fa does not come from the black bow, though I don't know where it comes from (maybe from Tigre inner thoughts?).
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 06:35   Link #1575
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rc0s View Post
to simplify the theory:
That point "the bow power is like a curse and everyone who use it is fated to die by its power." is true. But I think Tigre can be an exception. He might not die even as the other users after using the bow.
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 09:19   Link #1576
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
That point "the bow power is like a curse and everyone who use it is fated to die by its power." is true. But I think Tigre can be an exception. He might not die even as the other users after using the bow.
They die when they put too much power into the bow including their life force. Tigre only uses now with they help of the Vanadis. When he used it alone was probably in that cave only.
Old 2013-04-27, 11:17   Link #1577
noobarta

Quote:
Well during that volume, it wasn't a matter of trust but more like he didn't have much of a choice. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to wield that power to defeat Roland. If that power wasn't used, it would have been pretty much 100% certain Roland would have routed Ellen's army

Using someone close to a person in order to test their mettle is definitely plausible. Especially if it's Teita in relation to Tigre.

Possible that it's not Tir Na Fa who's related to the bow, but there are still other options. Like it's a shadow of Tir Na Fa seeing as how Tigre didn't feel much of an aura/presence when she possessed Teita. Or it could just be another goddess/something similar to one

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
I want to make a correction: I think the voice of Tir Na Fa does not come from the black bow, though I don't know where it comes from (maybe from Tigre inner thoughts?).
Think this actually sounds pretty plausible. It'd be more reasonable to say that the bow is a medium that lets Tir Na Fa hence why she could finally speak freely to Tigre when he entered her Shrine.

Although I do wanna have a conversation about Tir Na Fa because there are still some uncertainties

There's a few facts from the story so far though
1)The first time Tigre used the bow he heard a female voice

2)Tigre was guided by the bow to a temple with a image of Tir Na Fa

3)'Amongst the Pantheon of Gods, there are four Goddesses. Elis, the Goddess of Storms, Mosha, the Goddess of Mother Earth, and Iarilo, the Goddess of the harvest, and then... The Goddess of Night, Darkness, and Death, Tir na Fa.

The Goddesses were likely Elis, Mosha, and perhaps Iarilo. Tir na Fa was often depicted as something dangerous or dirty amongst the Pantheon of Gods.

With that in mind, he noticed one of the three Goddesses which calmed the Dragon down had a bow on her back and a quiver at her waist.

--- Elis has a horn, Mosha is decorated with flowers, and Iarilo is wearing thin fabric.

He could roughly determine the deities based on their garb.

Tigre did not know of any Goddesses with a bow. '

Could be that there are just some Goddesses with unknown characteristics/items related to them, or the bow really does belong to Tir Na Fa. Might explain her personality of being mischievous and why the bow can be so dangerous drawing out too much power(Or that's a usual drawback for using too much power, such that it rivals a Draconic skill)

4)When asked, she avoided the question of whether she really was Tir Na Fa in vol 3 ch 5. This could be because she was toying with Tigre, laughing at something so obvious, or because she was an existence similar to Tir Na Fa but different?
Spoiler for spoil:

5)So far she seems to be mischevious and doing things just because they're interesting. Guess gods/goddesses are really bored?

6)Main questions I have about the bow/Tir Na Fa-Why did it lend its power to him? Why did this bow resonate with the Vifalt Dragonic Tool? Who amongst his ancestors wielded this weapon? What's the relation to the goddesses vs dragons mentioned in the murals? Is it to get him ready for if the dragons awaken or another war starts, maybe with demons like Vodybony?(If the dragon is locked somewhere I'm guessing the underground passageways, seeing as how it had a humongous entrance

7)It was stated that Tir Na Fa was the goddess of darkness,Night, and death and was the nemesis/sister to King Perkunas was the God of the sun and light(guessing god of the gods?) so why was she included in the pantheon of gods? Right now I'm going off of the idea she managed to pull off a reasonable feat so they're lenient with her

Last edited by noobarta; 2013-04-27 at 12:05.
Old 2013-04-27, 16:46   Link #1578
blade82

i really want to read this LN but in bakatsuki it's posted on "teaser project" then does that mean that its not fully translated or not quite well?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 16:58   Link #1579
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
i really want to read this LN but in bakatsuki it's posted on "teaser project" then does that mean that its not fully translated or not quite well?
Nah, it's cause Axiom used a machine translator to aid his translation, so it's 'technically' not translated (from scratch). It's still completely legible, so give it a shot.
Old 2013-04-27, 17:35   Link #1580
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
Dude, it's quite literally the same as a translation lol
Pics included XD

Spoiler for link:

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)