Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-15, 21:26   Link #321
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb

It's faster and has much more action and it's not a copy of the beginning of Mobile Suit Gundam this time.

Yes and having new model Gundams getting hijacked, a war between the colonies and earth, a colony falling to earth, and a masked man makes Destiny a very more original Gundam series?
ooh-zoo-mah-kee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 21:46   Link #322
MikeMania

at first when i watched ep 1, it was pretty dissapointed... cause its the exat same thing, then agian... unoriginal doesnt make it neccesarily bad.
MikeMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 21:59   Link #323
sarcasteak
WAHA~

It appears that subplots and surprises are too mind-boggling for some people; I feel sorry for them.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 23:14   Link #324
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
I have to ask I thought N-Jammers were still in effect? dont they work against the nukes?

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 23:29   Link #325
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by F!reStr!fe
I have to ask I thought N-Jammers were still in effect? dont they work against the nukes?
Not since Fllay delivered the N-jammer canceller technology to Azrael who then sent it to the EA, so they can now use nukes again.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 23:33   Link #326
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Not since Fllay delivered the N-jammer canceller technology to Azrael who then sent it to the EA, so they can now use nukes again.
i think he meant y can't PLANT use N-jammers to stop the nukes but instead used the stampeder..
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 23:42   Link #327
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L
i think he meant y can't PLANT use N-jammers to stop the nukes but instead used the stampeder..

PLANT cannot use the N-jammers because of the N-jammer cancellers that allows the EA to use the nukes. It's the same technology used in the Freedom and Justice so that they can neutralize the N-jammers so that they may use nuclear power.
ooh-zoo-mah-kee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 03:01   Link #328
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
While we're on the subject of nuclear weapons; did any else think that the Windam pilot at about 18:00 was, I dunno, a little psycotic? He had those really big eyes, with the tiny pupils, and he sure sounded crazed. Got a real serial killer vibe from him.

Seems kind of odd that EA would trust someone who was obviously mentally unbalanced with a state-of-the art MS, and not one, but two nuclear missles...
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 03:13   Link #329
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
While we're on the subject of nuclear weapons; did any else think that the Windam pilot at about 18:00 was, I dunno, a little psycotic? He had those really big eyes, with the tiny pupils, and he sure sounded crazed. Got a real serial killer vibe from him.
He was meant to be a "bad guy," afterall...and yah, he looks slightly too enthusiastic back there.

Quote:
Seems kind of odd that EA would trust someone who was obviously mentally unbalanced with a state-of-the art MS, and not one, but two nuclear missles...
Err...why not? EA wants them to commit genocide; radical/insane people are perfectly fit for the job.
Old 2004-12-16, 03:20   Link #330
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Err...why not? EA wants them to commit genocide; radical/insane people are perfectly fit for the job.

I guess, but I dunno, I just think that soldiers shouldn't let their emotions affect them to the degree that they stop thinking rationally; and that guy was practically foaming at the mouth, I mean he could barely wait to hit that launch button.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 03:31   Link #331
ramune

Quote:
I guess, but I dunno, I just think that soldiers shouldn't let their emotions affect them to the degree that they stop thinking rationally; and that guy was practically foaming at the mouth, I mean he could barely wait to hit that launch button.
They don't need to think rationally because they are not going in to fight. The only thing they need to do is to press that button to shoot those missiles. Of course their mind need to be messed up or else they won't be able to do something like that.
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 03:43   Link #332
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramune
They don't need to think rationally because they are not going in to fight. The only thing they need to do is to press that button to shoot those missiles. Of course their mind need to be messed up or else they won't be able to do something like that.
I believe they were supposed to fight after they nuked PLANT or if they get caught and intercepted by ZAFT prior to nuking; otherwise they shouldn't even be in Windams with shield and beam rifle (and their beam rifle is long and cool, too!)

Those Windam pilots were probably the extremists and Blue Cosmo members in EA.
Old 2004-12-16, 03:53   Link #333
ramune

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
I believe they were supposed to fight after they nuked PLANT or if they get caught and intercepted by ZAFT prior to nuking; otherwise they shouldn't even be in Windams with shield and beam rifle (and their beam rifle is long and cool, too!)

Those Windam pilots were probably the extremists and Blue Cosmo members in EA.
Yes you are right. I didn't even notice they were carrying rifles.

At first I thought they were more like suicide bombers since they were so determined in destroying PLANT.
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 07:37   Link #334
aris385

athrun

He does know she is not the real one. I just can't wait till he tells Kira and Lacus (the real one) about her. Those two would ask athrun to hire the best lawyers around to sue her fake ass not to forget her breasts. Athrun gets the gundam in the next episode. But when will this show pull everything together.
aris385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 08:05   Link #335
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooh-zoo-mah-kee
Yes and having new model Gundams getting hijacked, a war between the colonies and earth, a colony falling to earth, and a masked man makes Destiny a very more original Gundam series?
I never said that, I just said that it isn't a copy like the beginning of SEED is :P.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 08:39   Link #336
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Yes you are right. I didn't even notice they were carrying rifles.
I had a strong impression of the long rifle they carried because its design reminds me of the ones used in Gundam S.

Quote:
At first I thought they were more like suicide bombers since they were so determined in destroying PLANT.
Haha, using their newest Mobile Suit model for the sole purpose of self-destruction? Sounds like EA has an "Athrun" too!
Old 2004-12-16, 09:16   Link #337
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

Sorry....double post.....
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 09:17   Link #338
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

Athrun only suicides RED ms......they need to paint the Windams red first before they can get to do the Athrun Signature move
k... ..i know
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 09:59   Link #339
Gaul
UL. Unidentified Lifeform

Send a message via ICQ to Gaul Send a message via MSN to Gaul
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooh-zoo-mah-kee
Who is really watching gsd because it's original and breaking new ground series? :P
Gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 13:03   Link #340
Dark Crusader

Hmmm with the sudden insanity and desires for a mass murder of coordinators I wonder if we're gonna see some good UC Universe disregard for human life happening. After all not a single UC series I've seen has had one form or another of attempted and often successful mass murder/genecide act happen. Most notible the Bloody One Week War of MSG where everything and anything was used. From nerve gas to colony drops.
Dark Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote